Getting to Know You!

Hi! I'm a new guy here. I chose my user name based on my favorite MJ song. Yes, I'm a huge fan of all things Michael and love all of his music, but there's something about the song "Give In To Me" that displays an honest emotional expression that reminds me of myself. Not that I'm going out telling people to quench my desire, but you get the point. Haha
I've been a fan of Michael's since Thriller, when a friend brought the album to elementary school and our teacher let us listen to it later that afternoon. I was mesmerized! I never had the honor to see Michael in person, but I have met Bubbles in person and was speechless. I'm excited to find this forum and site and share my love of Michael with you all!
I'm in my early 40s and live in central Florida.

Hello there! My name is Abby and I live in Colorado in the United States! I am currently a student who has completed a very difficult project called National History Day, in which we had to relate our topic to a theme of triumph and tragedy in history. My project focused on the messages in Michael’s music about the world and the discrimination he faced. I made sure to bash the media in my project as well. I was able to compete in regionals where my journey ended although my teacher said I should have made state. I play the violin, and I sing. I also dance and am learning how to do some of Michael’s dances with a Wii game called Michael Jackson the Experience. I am a huge collector of Michael Jackson T-Shirts, CDs, books, etc. I have his book “Dancing the Dream” which has brought me much comfort during the times of grief and depression I have encountered losing my aunt to cancer at a young age. I am a recipient of an award that honors youth who persevere through challenges and ultimately change their life for the better. Michael’s music helped me. I listen to older music versus today’s because I don’t like it. I love Michael’s music and his sister Janet’s as well as John Denver, Emmylou Harris, The Monkees. Linda Ronstadt, etc. Michael and Janet are at the top of my list. I am excited to be on here and hope to make some new friends too.

Re: Getting to know you!

Hello! Nice to meet ya`ll!
not good at introducing myself, but here we go
29 years of age, living in southern norway. been a fan since 2001. been active on severel mj sites ages ago, so i thought i should give it a try again. looking forward to getting to know other mj fans :D

Hi guys,
It's great to join the forum with other fans :)
Looking forward to getting to know people and share the MJ love.
I'm Shona, am 34 and I live in Scotland. I've been an MJ fan since I can remember but think I really got serious about loving him and his music with the song Black and White as that one was released when I was 6 and just becoming aware of music, I found the beat and music so amazing and just thought, I adore this music!
Obviously love every song before and after that too.
Anyway good to be here and joining in.

Hello everyone and we hope you are enjoying your time here so far!

mjfan04;4261829 said:
Hello there! My name is Abby and I live in Colorado in the United States! I am currently a student who has completed a very difficult project called National History Day, in which we had to relate our topic to a theme of triumph and tragedy in history. My project focused on the messages in Michael’s music about the world and the discrimination he faced. I made sure to bash the media in my project as well. I was able to compete in regionals where my journey ended although my teacher said I should have made state. I play the violin, and I sing. I also dance and am learning how to do some of Michael’s dances with a Wii game called Michael Jackson the Experience. I am a huge collector of Michael Jackson T-Shirts, CDs, books, etc. I have his book “Dancing the Dream” which has brought me much comfort during the times of grief and depression I have encountered losing my aunt to cancer at a young age. I am a recipient of an award that honors youth who persevere through challenges and ultimately change their life for the better. Michael’s music helped me. I listen to older music versus today’s because I don’t like it. I love Michael’s music and his sister Janet’s as well as John Denver, Emmylou Harris, The Monkees. Linda Ronstadt, etc. Michael and Janet are at the top of my list. I am excited to be on here and hope to make some new friends too.

That is a scary coincidence. I also play the violin and I competed in a history fair in middle school in which I based my biographical display on Michael Jackson. I won the school fair and went to regionals, but not states.

You're not alone. So much of today's music sucks. I am excited that you are here, and I hope to see you around the forum!

So you have the Wii game? That's amazing! What moves are the easiest to learn and what moves are the hardest?

Hi guys,
It's great to join the forum with other fans :)
Looking forward to getting to know people and share the MJ love.
I'm Shona, am 34 and I live in Scotland. I've been an MJ fan since I can remember but think I really got serious about loving him and his music with the song Black and White as that one was released when I was 6 and just becoming aware of music, I found the beat and music so amazing and just thought, I adore this music!
Obviously love every song before and after that too.
Anyway good to be here and joining in.

Hello Shona. Amazing to know you're from Scotland. I see you like "Black Or White". Is there any other songs from Dangerous that you are fond of? Why?

Hi all, an old casual fan since HIStory/BotDF here, but someone who's lately found MJ again. (y)

That is a scary coincidence. I also play the violin and I competed in a history fair in middle school in which I based my biographical display on Michael Jackson. I won the school fair and went to regionals, but not states.

You're not alone. So much of today's music sucks. I am excited that you are here, and I hope to see you around the forum!

So you have the Wii game? That's amazing! What moves are the easiest to learn and what moves are the hardest?

congratulations on winning the school fair :) i had the wii game i used to play it then my wii played up so had to stop playing it

Hi all. :)

I was a casual MJ listener who only recently turned into a fan. Reason for this – of all things! – was the impact LN had on some of my friends, which is why I started to educate myself to educate them. Not that I ever believed those guys in that so-called “documentary”, but I wanted bulletproof knowledge to be able to discuss any doubts that my friends had. Fortunately, I was able to convince them. :cool:

As a side effect to my research into the topic, I got drawn into the MJ universe via the rabbit hole that is YouTube, and here I am. :listeningtomusic

I’m 49 at the time of writing and I’m from Germany. Have been loosely following MJ’s work throughout the years, but somehow never made it to fandom until now. Better late than never. :listeningtomusic

My usual musical diet consists of rock and metal, so I particularly enjoy MJ’s collaborations with the likes of Eddie van Halen, Slash, or Steve Stevens. Jennifer Batten is amazing, and I also wish we could have seen more of Orianthi with MJ. Currently I’m listening to disk 2 of the HIStory album on repeat. Smile has always been one of my favorite songs, and I was delighted to find MJ making it his own in his version.

When I’m not listening to music, I’m playing Pokémon Go with passion. Feel free to add me: 5702 7276 8494. I’ll send gifts whenever I can.

Thumbs up for this great community! So many interesting topics to explore. (y)

Last edited:
Hi I'm Ali, I'm 49 years old and live in the UK. I've been an MJ fan since I was 14 and love everything about him, his music, kind heart, dance skills and the fact that he is one of the most handsome and sexy men I've ever known. I love MJ so much I even have a MJ tattoo, going to be getting my second one soon. through my teens I used to think that the reason Michael hadn't settled down with a wife ( apart from Lisa Marie of course) was because he was waiting for me :laughing:, I wonder how many other people thought the same thing, I tell my kids that as well (they think I'm nuts by the way). I'm also a full time university student studying crime scene science. I was so happy when I found this site because it meant that I could come to a place that's full of wonderful people who share the same love and passion for a genius, were I could talk, post videos and pictures of my idol and not have people roll their eyes at me :laughing: my heart belongs to Michael Jackson always and forever, and I wish with all my heart he was still with us today :cry:

Hello everyone,I am Eva and I am 29 years old. I have been a fan of Michael since I was a little girl. My first music video that I have watched of him was " Balck or white" back in 1993. Ever since then I was a die hard fan. I used to be a member way back when on mjjnewsonline.com as lovable0215. I thought that forums like those didn't exist anymore until I bumped into this website completely by accident. So I am very exited to browse around and see exiting stuff about Michael as well as maybe make new MJ fan friends. Not too long ago I have gave birth to my son Alex who is no doubt going to be the next MJ fan. I am already starting him early by playing Michaels music around him :). He likes the song You Are Not Alone. He smiles and relaxes whenever he hears it. :heart:

I like this thread :)

I'm Angela just turned 26 last week, I live in Gouda which is a city in the Netherlands. I live with my dog on my own and have a job as a secretary. I joined MJJC one year ago but I was a fan of Michael a long time ago. I started when I was only 4 years old :D. But during adolescence I drifted away to other things I liked and later on got a whole different life with different priority's I will not discuss that here...but I kept him in my heart. I'm a bigger fan now then I ever was and I love being here surrounded by this huge MJ family.

Other then MJ I enjoy watching movies very much and I'm in the BJD hobby (ball jointed dolls). I make clothes for myself and the dolls, I have a MJ BJD :wild:.

Well that was something about me :yes:
Hello! I am Ashley and I live in the Netherlands too! I live in Gelderland in Oldebroek ik kan net zo goed nederlands praten? het lijkt me leuk om een keer te chatten ofzo?

Hi I'm Ali, I'm 49 years old and live in the UK. I've been an MJ fan since I was 14 and love everything about him, his music, kind heart, dance skills and the fact that he is one of the most handsome and sexy men I've ever known. I love MJ so much I even have a MJ tattoo, going to be getting my second one soon. through my teens I used to think that the reason Michael hadn't settled down with a wife ( apart from Lisa Marie of course) was because he was waiting for me :laughing:, I wonder how many other people thought the same thing, I tell my kids that as well (they think I'm nuts by the way). I'm also a full time university student studying crime scene science. I was so happy when I found this site because it meant that I could come to a place that's full of wonderful people who share the same love and passion for a genius, were I could talk, post videos and pictures of my idol and not have people roll their eyes at me :laughing: my heart belongs to Michael Jackson always and forever, and I wish with all my heart he was still with us today :cry:

Hello!! I am Ashley from the Netherlands and I am 15 years old. i am a big Michael Jackson fan and I would love to chat with you and you can join our whatsapp group if you want.? we need to find more members cause there is only 2 of us? I would love to chat with you so let me know if you want to join the group and add more MJ fans?

You've made me laugh, Ali. Haha, back in the day, I wasn't thinking that Michael was waiting for me, but I often thought that, if I'd meet him, I'd certainly catch his eye. Oh, the good old days! :angel:

You've made me laugh, Ali. Haha, back in the day, I wasn't thinking that Michael was waiting for me, but I often thought that, if I'd meet him, I'd certainly catch his eye. Oh, the good old days! :angel:

I think every one probably thought the same lol, I think if I'd met him I'd probably just have stood there like a div or threw myself at his feet haha

Hello!! I am Ashley from the Netherlands and I am 15 years old. i am a big Michael Jackson fan and I would love to chat with you and you can join our whatsapp group if you want.😊 we need to find more members cause there is only 2 of us🤭 I would love to chat with you so let me know if you want to join the group and add more MJ fans🙃

Thank u for the kind offer and I'm sure u will have lots of people to join your group chat when people get to know about it

Hello, I´m Helena and I live in Portugal. I´m a fan since I was 5 and now I´m 26 and still a fan. The first song I heard was Thriller and I was so scared that I thought Michael was a zombie. :D
But then I grew up and realized he was not a zombie, he was instead a beautiful man and I fell in love with him when I watched The Way You Make Me Feel video. I love everything about him and he´s still my impossible love. I can´t be with him in real life, so I´m with him in my dreams.

Alh21;4273117 said:
I think every one probably thought the same lol, I think if I'd met him I'd probably just have stood there like a div or threw myself at his feet haha

If I met him I don´t know how would I react. Maybe I just fainted and he would give me a kiss for me to wake up ;)

DifferentKindOfLady;4273123 said:
If I met him I don´t know how would I react. Maybe I just fainted and he would give me a kiss for me to wake up ;)

that would be a nice thought, but knowing my luck he would probably just step over me :laughing:

:D
But he kissed some fans onstage. I think it was in the Dangerous tour, he kissed a girl. Lucky her!

Omg I'd never get washed, mind u I don't know how I would cope knowing I'd been that close to him, I never even met him and I'm still heartbroken he isn't here anymore

Omg I'd never get washed, mind u I don't know how I would cope knowing I'd been that close to him, I never even met him and I'm still heartbroken he isn't here anymore
Yeah me too! The video is on YouTube and I watched it a million Times and he kissed her in the mouth :O
I feel the same way, its like I knew him all my life.

Hi all! I'm Kaylee! I was on this site YEARS ago under the name Kayzmjfan (at least that's what I believe it was). I'm in my twenties, in a few college courses, currently trying to find a job, and living at home with mom and dad. To be honest, I kind of lost my Michael "spark" a few years ago, but recently something was reignited and now it's like I'm falling for Michael all over again. So therefore, I wanted to come back on here and get myself re involved with the community that I love so much! :D

Hi all! I'm Kaylee! I was on this site YEARS ago under the name Kayzmjfan (at least that's what I believe it was). I'm in my twenties, in a few college courses, currently trying to find a job, and living at home with mom and dad. To be honest, I kind of lost my Michael "spark" a few years ago, but recently something was reignited and now it's like I'm falling for Michael all over again. So therefore, I wanted to come back on here and get myself re involved with the community that I love so much! :D

Welcome BACK! We are so glad that your spark has returned. :) The love for Michael never really goes away....sometimes it just waits patiently in the background.

Back