Was there a planned album after 'Invincible'?

I gotta ask... can you give any titles? From any era.

I'm dying to know for certain what exists in complete/mostly complete form!

I would love to heard those unfinished stuff. they sound so interesting now. whatever Michael had plan it a bummer he die before finishing them. ugh. :(

the estate should release an album similar to pink floyds last album 'the endless river'.

as far as i remember, that album had only one track with lead vocals. the rest were instrumentals from unreleased sessions.

so...estate, I hope u HEAR ME. :p
mj was such a genius when it comes to music, that stuff needs to be heard.

you're right there albums out there with only one or two songs on it. i think the estate can do that.

I have no idea if those idea's MJ was working on in the final years will ever become public. I can tell you this though, the sound is totally unique and different than anything we have ever heard from Michael. A total new direction. I was insanely impressed, this guy is a total genius and there is one song I heard from 08-09 that easily could have been a #1 hit if only it was completed.

That's the sad thing about this.... nothing is finished. Various stages of completion from 10-20% to about 80%. Some songs have verses, others just a chorus, some have mumbling, others are just music. Production is out of this world though. I truly believe if MJ had of lived another 2 years and completed his London gig, these songs would have been finished. In fact I know they would have, the guy who has all these songs confirmed that to me. It was MJ's plan to finish them in London.

Damn, you talking about the RedOne tracks? Were they electro-pop songs?

wait did Michael do electro pop songs? if not this probably was about to be the next big thing he was about to do. i wouldn't be surprise. he want it to do different genres anyway.

the estate should release an album similar to pink floyds last album 'the endless river'.

as far as i remember, that album had only one track with lead vocals. the rest were instrumentals from unreleased sessions.

so...estate, I hope u HEAR ME. :p
mj was such a genius when it comes to music, that stuff needs to be heard.

Well, that might be okay for Pink Floyd, as the band wasn't blessed with master vocalists anyway, but there is no way I'd be interested in instrumental pieces with little to no vocals from MJ. In my opinion, it's the lyrics and the vocal delivery of them, that makes a Michael Jackson song stand out from all the rest.

Songs that aren't finished with only choruses/verses could be used for a potential duets album. It's a good use of the vocals IMO.
Well, that might be okay for Pink Floyd, as the band wasn't blessed with master vocalists anyway, but there is no way I'd be interested in instrumental pieces with little to no vocals from MJ. In my opinion, it's the lyrics and the vocal delivery of them, that makes a Michael Jackson song stand out from all the rest.

i dont have the exact source anymore, but RedOne mentioned they completed their sessions except one song, which he gave to bruno mars.

to me that sounds like those tracks are vocally complete.

i dont have the exact source anymore, but RedOne mentioned they completed their sessions except one song, which he gave to bruno mars.

to me that sounds like those tracks are vocally complete.

Which song was given to Bruno Mars? Is it released?

instrumentals

as far as i remember, that album had only one track with lead vocals. the rest were instrumentals from unreleased sessions
The difference is that it's still the members of Pink Floyd playing on the songs. Many bands have released instrumentals on their albums like Flying by The Beatles & Eruption by Van Halen. An instrumental song by Michael Jackson would not be him because he isn't playing any instruments on them, it's session musicians. Jermaine Jackson has an instrumental called Erucu from the Mahogany Soundtrack where he's playing the bass, so it's him. Jermaine has another bass song called Bass Odyssey, it has vocals but not his. Other singers who played instruments on their songs can release them like Stevie Wonder or Prince.

Which song was given to Bruno Mars? Is it released?
its unreleased and its name is unknown.
according to RedOne, the way Bruno sang that song, he sounds so just like MJ.

RedOne mentioned that their work is 'far' from the finished product, but that seems to be just the production of the music.
since they finished 'their' sessions (redone + mj), that could possibly mean they are done with recording vocals?

maybe they ended up with songs that are rather bare bone musically, in the same way like the STTR demo. but that demo was vocally complete.

I was on a message board called "MJJFORUM" going back to 2000. Fun times.

I remember Invincible leaking out slowly. When "You Rock my World" was played on some random radio station and someone recorded it through a handheld voice recorder and uploaded it.

There were always rumors of new albums coming out. One poster in particular, "LookingThroughTheWindows" would post every month or so with paragraphs about how he's heard these new, earth shattering musical genius works of art from My that we're going to be released. Nothing he said ever came true, but we all believed it. He was a good writer.

Anybody here remember that?

I have always had the feeling there is a bunch more songs that we don’t know anything about. I would guess someone has some songs that the estate do not have. Just like the concert reels someone has them I’m sure it exists. Either that or the estate is holding out.

MJBeats posted an article today regarding the RedOne tracks.In the article they used an interview that RedOne gave to an Arabic magazine in which he stated that there are plenty of tracks that he and Michael finished that are ready for release.

This is what he had to say about the tracks.(It’s the best translation I could get from the original article):
“What I can say is that our collaboration for music would reach a level where Michael and Quincy Jones hit with Off The Wall and Bad. Of course it wouldn't be the impact Thriller had on the world, but in terms of quality we would make a loud bang. The music we were making was good, very good… very energetic, uplifting. It's sad that we didn't finish the full material.But I have a lot of songs that could be released into an album perfectly. Michael was always focused on hits, even though he didn't have songs on potential hits, he always recorded a lot of songs and has the best of them, and that's his formula I love. We were making good quality songs and unfortunately some were never finished. But those that are unfinished are very good, shows how much he was a perfectionist in the extreme. Although the results are far from the finished product that Michael would like, but I believe I have a lot of Michael material on my hands, after all it was 2 years we spent together producing. These are practically Michael's last records. We recorded in Sweden and London in 2007, in Las Vegas in 2007 and 2008 and Los Angeles in 2008 and 2009 ''.

Holy shit this is some intriguing stuff! If that's true (and it could be if this its directly from RedOne), that would be huge! RedOne was one of the hottest producers during that time. And it would mean that there are some usable MJ post trial tracks after all.
Do you have a link to that article, dethorro?

it just boggles me that we didn't hear anything yet from the RedOne tracks.

wondering why the estate is ignoring that. probably for the money, but RedOne wants to do it for charity.

Damien Shields said on Twitter that he spoke to RedOne, and there were no songs left in a releasable state. That seems to conflict with the fact that RedOne himself said publicly that he'd release the songs if the proceeds went to charity.

Maybe RedOne would have to use current singers to record the songs, and he'd just release it as "the album Michael Jackson and I would have made"? He did record one track with Bruno Mars, after all. Who knows?

If the Bruno mars song has been released would not surprise me if it was *treasure* as he sounds so like Michael on that!

«Very energetic and uplifting»? Sounds like they definitely were making some hot electropop hits and now I’m dying to hear the tracks. The estate could’ve released these anytime between 2009 and 2013 and they still would’ve sounded fresh as almost everything on the charts at the time was electropop.

I think it's silly to think that not a single song was finished after the tww worked together for two years. Of course there must be a a couple of song in a somewhat releasable state.

i think there are 5-10 tracks which are vocally complete.

the music is probably not final. its the same case on many lady gaga + RedOne demos ( complete vocals, barebone music).

Holy shit this is some intriguing stuff! If that's true (and it could be if this its directly from RedOne), that would be huge! RedOne was one of the hottest producers during that time. And it would mean that there are some usable MJ post trial tracks after all.
Do you have a link to that article, dethorro?
Links to other MJ fan sites are not permitted.

I seem to remember that RedOne once said they did a lot of songs but mostly not complete, they were doing chorus and one verse and then on to the next one.
Nonetheless, I'm sure the RedOne tracks along maybe with some Michael Prince/Brad Buxer/Neff-u and will.i.am stuff would make up a fantastic album, maybe with a feature here and there to fill the gaps.

I'm quite certain that the RedOne tracks should have a similar style like the ones from the fame era (Lady Gaga)

Last edited:
dethorro;4273791 said:
MJBeats posted an article today regarding the RedOne tracks.In the article they used an interview that RedOne gave to an Arabic magazine in which he stated that there are plenty of tracks that he and Michael finished that are ready for release.

This is what he had to say about the tracks.(It’s the best translation I could get from the original article):
“What I can say is that our collaboration for music would reach a level where Michael and Quincy Jones hit with Off The Wall and Bad. Of course it wouldn't be the impact Thriller had on the world, but in terms of quality we would make a loud bang. The music we were making was good, very good… very energetic, uplifting. It's sad that we didn't finish the full material.But I have a lot of songs that could be released into an album perfectly. Michael was always focused on hits, even though he didn't have songs on potential hits, he always recorded a lot of songs and has the best of them, and that's his formula I love. We were making good quality songs and unfortunately some were never finished. But those that are unfinished are very good, shows how much he was a perfectionist in the extreme. Although the results are far from the finished product that Michael would like, but I believe I have a lot of Michael material on my hands, after all it was 2 years we spent together producing. These are practically Michael's last records. We recorded in Sweden and London in 2007, in Las Vegas in 2007 and 2008 and Los Angeles in 2008 and 2009 ''.

What RedOne stated in this interview (but also in some of his other interviews) seems to confirm some of the information that I posted previously in this thread (information that some fans were quick to dismiss it as complete fantasy).

The fact of the matter is that Michael Jackson worked extensively with RedOne on several locations around that time (2007-2009), and there is a lot of (unheard) recorded material from the Las Vegas recording sessions in particular.

Those songs that Michael Jackson and RedOne worked on, many of which are nearly complete but without a final mix, were recorded at the Studio at the Palms (at Las Vegas location), as RedOne has also revealed in one of his interviews.

Other producers have also stated that they exclusively do possess incomplete but also nearly complete songs (that they worked on with Michael Jackson during his three final years with his vocals on many of the songs), but they are not allowed to reveal more information about those songs due to confidential agreements that they signed.

Also, Raymone Bain did not exaggerate with her official statements about that.

During her visits at some of those studios at that time, she heard a lot of recorded songs (that Michael Jackson was recording with various top producers).

Aside from the above sessions, Michael Jackson also confirmed that he did record songs when he was staying in Bahrain in 2006 (many of which are still unheard).

This information (about the songs recorded in Bahrain) was also confirmed by Guy Holmes who was Michael Jackson’s business partner at the time and he was also the one who was overseeing the production of those songs during the Bahrain sessions.

*sigh*

There is very little releasable material from 2005 onward. Saying otherwise is spreading misinformation.

"[Insert name here] said they heard some of MJ's new music" is an invalid defense. It's no surprise that people with integral connections to MJ would be privy to the material he was involved in. How does this culminate into the idea that they were listening to boatloads of finished/nearly-finished songs? So far as I'm aware, neither Raymone Bain nor Guy Holmes have offered any insight into the state of the material they've heard, and it's pretty common for MJ's studio personnel and managers to hear incomplete music. The connection is nonsensical.

Nearly every post-trial collaborator has inferred that the well of 2006-09 music is nearly dry:

• The Bahrain material of 2005-06 is shrouded in secrecy. Of the few titles known to have been on the drawing board, only one ("He Who Makes the Sky Gray") is known to exist with usable vocals.
  • will.i.am's material of 2006-08 is similarly ambiguous thanks to a decade of inconsistent and contradictory accounts. Again, only one title can be concretely confirmed to exist in a releasable capacity: "I'm Dreamin'," which will.i.am attempted to release in 2013.
  • Neff-U has yet to comment on the state of his material, though Damien Shields has claimed that they don't have a single finished song together.
  • RedOne has never stated nor implied that he was sitting on a smorgasbord of finished music; the closest he edged to that cliff was in saying that "some songs" could be released. Evidently he privately told Shields that everything they worked on would require extensive guest vocalists. (Many of the RedOne songs are nearly finished and simply need a final mix? When did he say that?)
  • Akon confirmed that "Hold My Hand" is the only releasable song he and MJ worked on.
  • Ne-Yo has no idea whether or not MJ recorded any of the numerous demos he submitted.
  • Brad Buxer and Michael Prince, the two most consistent collaborators from this era, have been willing participants in each of the Estate's primary projects (Michael and Xscape). There's no reason to believe they would withhold material.
All this notwithstanding the fact that several people with intimate access to much of this material (e.g., Brad Buxer, Michael Prince, Damien Shields, Joseph Vogel, John Barnes) have all confirmed that very little exists.

So the claim here is that, instead of releasing the myriad of finished material from 2006-09 they're evidently holding onto, the Estate chose seven songs that have been circulating online since as early as 2006, three songs of questionable origins, and one song that was previously released in 2004? And the one unheard post-trial recording they DID opt to include on an album ("Best of Joy") is, for all intents and purposes, a cover of a song MJ had originally written in 1982?

No way. Forgive my rant here, but the fan community is confused and perplexed enough. Jumping to conclusions based on vague commentary is the worst way to go about this.

AlwaysThere;4273982 said:
*sigh*

There is very little releasable material from 2005 onward. Saying otherwise is spreading misinformation.

"[Insert name here] said they heard some of MJ's new music" is an invalid defense. It's no surprise that people with integral connections to MJ would be privy to the material he was involved in. How does this culminate into the idea that they were listening to boatloads of finished/nearly-finished songs? So far as I'm aware, neither Raymone Bain nor Guy Holmes have offered any insight into the state of the material they've heard, and it's pretty common for MJ's studio personnel and managers to hear incomplete music. The connection is nonsensical.

Nearly every post-trial collaborator has inferred that the well of 2006-09 music is nearly dry:

• The Bahrain material of 2005-06 is shrouded in secrecy. Of the few titles known to have been on the drawing board, only one ("He Who Makes the Sky Gray") is known to exist with usable vocals.
  • will.i.am's material of 2006-08 is similarly ambiguous thanks to a decade of inconsistent and contradictory accounts. Again, only one title can be concretely confirmed to exist in a releasable capacity: "I'm Dreamin'," which will.i.am attempted to release in 2013.
  • Neff-U has yet to comment on the state of his material, though Damien Shields has claimed that they don't have a single finished song together.
  • RedOne has never stated nor implied that he was sitting on a smorgasbord of finished music; the closest he edged to that cliff was in saying that "some songs" could be released. Evidently he privately told Shields that everything they worked on would require extensive guest vocalists. (Many of the RedOne songs are nearly finished and simply need a final mix? When did he say that?)
  • Akon confirmed that "Hold My Hand" is the only releasable song he and MJ worked on.
  • Ne-Yo has no idea whether or not MJ recorded any of the numerous demos he submitted.
  • Brad Buxer and Michael Prince, the two most consistent collaborators from this era, have been willing participants in each of the Estate's primary projects (Michael and Xscape). There's no reason to believe they would withhold material.
All this notwithstanding the fact that several people with intimate access to much of this material (e.g., Brad Buxer, Michael Prince, Damien Shields, Joseph Vogel, John Barnes) have all confirmed that very little exists.

So the claim here is that, instead of releasing the myriad of finished material from 2006-09 they're evidently holding onto, the Estate chose seven songs that have been circulating online since as early as 2006, three songs of questionable origins, and one song that was previously released in 2004? And the one unheard post-trial recording they DID opt to include on an album ("Best of Joy") is, for all intents and purposes, a cover of a song MJ had originally written in 1982?

No way. Forgive my rant here, but the fan community is confused and perplexed enough. Jumping to conclusions based on vague commentary is the worst way to go about this.

I just hope that they will release just one more song from 2006-2009. I want a trilogy lol.
We got „Hold my Hand“ - which is beautiful but has not enough MJ vocals.
We got „Best of Joy“ - which I adore more than any other posthum track

I just need one more post trial song. Maybe something harder. That’s why I am so curious about the song „Rocker“. I hope it is vocally at least as complete as „Hollywood Tonight“.

I always thought that Invincible would be the last album as he did say this himself so..

Back