Was there a planned album after 'Invincible'?

Thanks AlwaysThere , you always (pardon the pun) bring logic and clarity to the table every time you post. I really appreciate it

There ARE many other songs from 2006-2009 time frame other than Hold My Hand and Best Of Joy. I've heard them with my own ears. The issue is that NONE of them are up to MJ's final track standards. They show potential and you can certainly get the idea of where MJ was going with them.... but they simply aren't finished. Verses or choruses can be missing, they are like looking at a half finished painting. Some are more complete than others, but nothing that would crack the charts in their current state. Fans would enjoy them for sure, just to get that insight into the creative process. They sound simply awesome, total different sounds then we are used to hearing. I hope they do come out one day.

There ARE many other songs from 2006-2009 time frame other than Hold My Hand and Best Of Joy. I've heard them with my own ears. The issue is that NONE of them are up to MJ's final track standards. They show potential and you can certainly get the idea of where MJ was going with them.... but they simply aren't finished. Verses or choruses can be missing, they are like looking at a half finished painting. Some are more complete than others, but nothing that would crack the charts in their current state. Fans would enjoy them for sure, just to get that insight into the creative process. They sound simply awesome, total different sounds then we are used to hearing. I hope they do come out one day.

Can you tell us more about which sessions you are referring to and what the sound is like?

oh wow... how many uptempo songs and ballads were roughly recorded after 2005?

If Travis is the same one from mjjforum days believe me he is the real deal. I remember him sharing some stuff that came to be true at the time Michael was visiting London, plus then lots of info about TII.

oh wow... how many uptempo songs and ballads were roughly recorded after 2005?

Years ago there was a user whose name I can't remember (something with the word "red") who shared quite a bit of intel (e.g., titles, recording dates/eras, producers) that later proved true about Michael's unreleased music. He said that a good amount of the material Michael worked on from 2005 onward were mid-tempo tracks, though who knows?

I was on a message board called "MJJFORUM" going back to 2000. Fun times.

I remember Invincible leaking out slowly. When "You Rock my World" was played on some random radio station and someone recorded it through a handheld voice recorder and uploaded it.

There were always rumors of new albums coming out. One poster in particular, "LookingThroughTheWindows" would post every month or so with paragraphs about how he's heard these new, earth shattering musical genius works of art from My that we're going to be released. Nothing he said ever came true, but we all believed it. He was a good writer.

Anybody here remember that?

I do, I do. MJJFORUM is actually the precursor of the current MJJC. If I'm not mistaken, they are built on the same platform, but unfortunately the archives don't go that far back in time. Back in those days, I didn't feel the need to post anything and I merely sat and read what folks were writing and believing. I think they call that particular activity lurking.

Not only do I remember LTTW's cryptic stuff back in 2001/2002, but also their follow-up, SOTT lol. That particular name was most suited for the hopeful 'vision' they sold, lest I call it somethin' else. As you said it yourself, they wrote a good game and offered hope to people, albeit a most false sense of hope.

But then again, can we actually blame anonymous posters online for offering illusions, when the man himself told us (at about the same time) that THE BEST IS YET TO COME? It sure feels like the exact opposite happened, doesn't it? In between the 03-05 trial, 2009, all subsequent events and this year's mess, anything but the best came about.

As far as the main topic of the thread goes - any other albums after Invincible? Well, only Michael himself would know the answer to that and many other questions. But if I had to guess, I would say that he most definitely worked on music after the trial. Not sure about its release though.

And btw of hopes and wishes, not that it matters what I want, I would have envisioned him releasing new music, not necessarily in the form of new albums, but at least new songs and perhaps some performances here and there, most sporadic and exclusive, not to drain him, but strictly to remind the world why he was, is and always will be #1. And those performances would include some acoustic/unplugged special/orchestra backed affair.

I also would have loved to hear his strictly classical compositions and it would have been nice if he would have extended the range of themes he dealt with lyrically, exploring more the spiritual side of life and the praise-worthiness of it all. Most especially in light of all the ordeals he did survive, thanks mostly to God, but also the good people near and far that helped him and sustained him with their prayers and action.

I so badly want to give you guys all the titles.... but I was told not to. Some of them are circulating online (the titles). Im certainly not the only MJ fan who has heard of them. The sound on a few of the songs is very edgy, rock inspired, and gothic. Something totally different than the gothic pop on HIStory and BOTDF. This is a new sound, fast forward to now and the sounds don't exist in current music. MJ was working on something special. The ballads are earth inspiring, mystical, spiritual, and very soothing. When Michael was talking about putting sounds under the microscope.....he wasn't lying. Everytime I listen to any of these songs I instantly get goosebumps. I try to not listen often in case the estate ever releases them....I want them to still sound new.

But don't expect some Fly Away or Monkey Business style completed demo. These are diamonds in the rough. In addition to Hold My Hand and Best of Joy, there are 7 other songs I've personally heard from 2006-2009, all of which have SOME vocals. An additional 3 are just instrumental.

If anyone is truly curious just private message me, I don't feel comfortable publicly posting details.

its probably devastating to know, that the estate wont (ever?) release those songs. since they aren't 'releaseable' and don't generate enough money for the e$tate..

oh man. iam sad.

I really would like to know more details that you are willing to share. , I don't get how PM works...
Would you say they are realesable in the sense Hollywood Tonight was completed?
From your description they probably were from MJs 'own' sessions maybe with Michael Prince, not will I am or RedOne?
Is the estate aware of their existence and in their possession? Is the instrumental snippet Deepak Chopra presented among the songs which are just instrumentals?

Gothic in the sense like Nightwish? If yes, what songs (of MJ) and of Nightwish?

Thanks @travis3000 I really appreciate any insight we can get on any unreleased MJ material, especially 06-09 material. Hopefully one day those songs and demos will be released

I so badly want to give you guys all the titles.... but I was told not to. Some of them are circulating online (the titles). Im certainly not the only MJ fan who has heard of them. The sound on a few of the songs is very edgy, rock inspired, and gothic. Something totally different than the gothic pop on HIStory and BOTDF. This is a new sound, fast forward to now and the sounds don't exist in current music. MJ was working on something special. The ballads are earth inspiring, mystical, spiritual, and very soothing. When Michael was talking about putting sounds under the microscope.....he wasn't lying. Everytime I listen to any of these songs I instantly get goosebumps. I try to not listen often in case the estate ever releases them....I want them to still sound new.

But don't expect some Fly Away or Monkey Business style completed demo. These are diamonds in the rough. In addition to Hold My Hand and Best of Joy, there are 7 other songs I've personally heard from 2006-2009, all of which have SOME vocals. An additional 3 are just instrumental.

If anyone is truly curious just private message me, I don't feel comfortable publicly posting details.

Thank you so much for this. I just have two last questions to you. Is there ONE post-trial song that is vocally complete enough (at least at Hollywood Tonight)? Could the Estate release that Song (do they have it)?

Resurrection is fan fiction fake. Michael worked on many songs in 2008-09, it was planned to record full vocals for them during break of This Is It concerts. Sadly this never happened and most of this song are only instrumentals with almost no vocals. I heard also that MJ started working on new album in 2003 but due to greedy arvizos, recordings were cancelled.

Force was the name of this album.

Songs like Xscape was included.

Thank you so much for this. I just have two last questions to you. Is there ONE post-trial song that is vocally complete enough (at least at Hollywood Tonight)? Could the Estate release that Song (do they have it)?

Yes, a couple in the same category as Hollywood Tonight.

I heard also that MJ started working on new album in 2003 but due to greedy arvizos, recordings were cancelled.

Michael spent most of his time pursuing a film career in 2002-03. According to Michael Prince, there were very few conversations about new music. There were a few scattered studio sessions, but music wasn't his priority at the time.

To think we're probably not going to hear any of this and instead be given expensive box sets full of content we all already own hurts.

One thing I can say publicly just to clear some things up. There were FIVE sets of music MJ was working on between 2006 and 2009. They were

1. The Bahrain recordings
2. The RedONE recordings
3. The Will.i.am recordings
4. Buxer/Prince recordings
5. The Classical music album

The songs I am speaking to are from the 4th category, material he worked on with Brad Buxer, Michael Prince, etc. These were songs that Michael had the most creative control over and mainly wrote himself. I have heard 7 of these songs. For being demos and not finished, these were truly awesome stuff. The sounds were out of this world and brand new. We have NEVER heard MJ like this before. If only Michael lived one more year.... we would have been in for such a treat.

I cannot comment on the RedONE stuff, as I've never heard it. I am told not much exists that is finished. The Will.i.am stuff I have also never heard. I was told that there is one song however that is nearly done and could be released with some touch ups. Other than that I don't know much.

fingers crossed they release more of those demos...

lately i saw how lots of demos by David Bowie get frequently released. imagine that for MJ....

You know what could be just the thing most fans want? Some kind of MJ streaming service like Netflix. Charge like 10$/€ per month and put up all MJ albums + music videos + concerts and other stuff.
Add alternate takes, early demos, recording session audio and videos, rehearsals and bonus stuff. Reach out to collaborators and ask them for liner notes for each file.

Just imagine logging in and browsing through each era. Along with the actual album you get tons of demos and bonus stuff along with information about them. Don't remix or change anything, just put them up as they are. Would be the perfect way to preserve, organize and showcase MJs stuff for everyone. I think most people who worked with MJ and didn't want their songs to be updated for the last albums would contribute to a concept like that.

And if there are very valuable, nearly finished songs in the vault, then release them on a new official album and put them on the streaming service afterwards. Would make everyone happy (except people who don't want anything to be released ever again) and enhance/preserve MJs legacy.

I wonder if the estate and/or other people involved have thought of that. Could also earn some money on all the rough demo / alternate take stuff that can't be released on albums.

Not only do I remember LTTW's cryptic stuff back in 2001/2002, but also their follow-up, SOTT lol. That particular name was most suited for the hopeful 'vision' they sold, lest I call it somethin' else. As you said it yourself, they wrote a good game and offered hope to people, albeit a most false sense of hope.
--------------------------

Yeap those were the days ? turned out thst supposedly lttw was just a fan messing around. They got ppl hanging on their every word

thiron;4274852 said:
You know what could be just the thing most fans want? Some kind of MJ streaming service like Netflix. Charge like 10$/€ per month and put up all MJ albums + music videos + concerts and other stuff.
Add alternate takes, early demos, recording session audio and videos, rehearsals and bonus stuff. Reach out to collaborators and ask them for liner notes for each file.

Just imagine logging in and browsing through each era. Along with the actual album you get tons of demos and bonus stuff along with information about them. Don't remix or change anything, just put them up as they are. Would be the perfect way to preserve, organize and showcase MJs stuff for everyone. I think most people who worked with MJ and didn't want their songs to be updated for the last albums would contribute to a concept like that.

And if there are very valuable, nearly finished songs in the vault, then release them on a new official album and put them on the streaming service afterwards. Would make everyone happy (except people who don't want anything to be released ever again) and enhance/preserve MJs legacy.

I wonder if the estate and/or other people involved have thought of that. Could also earn some money on all the rough demo / alternate take stuff that can't be released on albums.

I was literally just saying this same exact thing to a friend of mine!

Year: 2008
Title: unknown
Length 4:35
3 verses - described as 'complete'

Is it possible that this could be a real song? I know it's very little to go from but it's all the information I have currently. I thought nothing around this time was vocally recorded?

Is it possible that this could be a real song? I know it's very little to go from but it's all the information I have currently. I thought nothing around this time was vocally recorded?
Where did you get that Information From?

Interesting.
Is the song called 'Unknown' or is the title not known?
Some songs were definitely vocally recorded in 2008.
Bits of 'The Loser', 'Hollywood Tonight' and the whole of 'Best Of Joy' were recorded in October 2008 at the Bel Air Hotel.
In 2008 is also when Michael started working with Neff-U. I believe that he might have recorded at least scratch vocals for songs like: 'H20', 'D.I.E', 'Lady Of Summer' or 'Silent Spring'.

Back