This Is It 10th Anniversary Boxset

Print books are wildly and increasingly popular, and I just don’t see how common sense would dictate that a book with MJ’s name on it wouldn’t sell.

Tried to brush that “fun at parties” comment away with a smile, that’s all. Nothing more to it, really. :)

Don't ignore the rest I wrote.

Common sense works better on this thread :)

What will work even better, is not being so rude and dismissive of other members, especially when they provide data to support their opinion on a topic. Just because certain people don't value print books, or vinyl records, for that matter, it doesn't necessarily follow that it's a consistent global trend. In fact, I think the popularity of vinyls is on the increase, according to statistics on sales; every bookstore I pass is always packed with people.

Yep, or why they weren't used in the film

The film was about rehearsals - a glimpse of Michael at work on stage; so it wouldn't make sense to include studio recordings in it.

I have a theory that people tend to over-exaggerate what they have on their hard drives, with regard to MJ studio recordings, in order to drum up attention for themselves. I doubt that there are any re-recordings that are finished enough to warrant releasing to the public. JMO.

What will work even better, is not being so rude and dismissive of other members, especially when they provide data to support their opinion on a topic. Just because certain people don't value print books, or vinyl records, for that matter, it doesn't necessarily follow that it's a consistent global trend. In fact, I think the popularity of vinyls is on the increase, according to statistics on sales; every bookstore I pass is always packed with people.

I said nothing about vinyls. I know they sell very well. What we were talking about was about a standalone book release of the This Is It box set.

I think there’s a misunderstanding here. I was only challenging your initial claim that “Physical books sell way less than physical music these days.” with the fact that physical books have sold 10 times more units than physical music (CDs and vinyl) last year.

We can of course go on to discuss whether or not one specific book would sell, but to say it wouldn’t sell just because books don’t sell is a point I didn’t want to let stand unchallenged. That’s all. :)

Back on topic, “This is it” was a commercially successful DVD/BluRay release, and a separate release of the book that’s now only available with the expensive boxset is something I can see them doing sometime in the future, given the statistics on book sales and the commercial success of the film.

EDIT: I mean, the expensive part of making a book has already been done. Printing another run of it wouldn’t be a very risky thing to do.

Last edited:
Hulkamaniac;4274089 said:
You must be fun at parties

You get my point, MJ is not for everyone.

Wait, let me correct myself: On these days, This Is It is not for everyone.

People like you are so immature. Instead of admitting that you were wrong, you come up with stupid nonsense like “you must be so fun at parties.” Honestly people who say this stupid line are extremely immature. Next time when someone proved you wrong by pointing out the stats and facts, hold your hands up and admit that you are wrong.

The film was about rehearsals - a glimpse of Michael at work on stage; so it wouldn't make sense to include studio recordings in it.

I have a theory that people tend to over-exaggerate what they have on their hard drives, with regard to MJ studio recordings, in order to drum up attention for themselves. I doubt that there are any re-recordings that are finished enough to warrant releasing to the public. JMO.

Works for some I guess. Personally I'd prefer the audio was actually from this era. If studio recording do exist then that at least is from the correct era. I personally would prefer that than for example demo recording from 2 decades prior.

They did dub many songs for the movie so they didn't have any problem using studio recordings. I hope we get to hear them at some point.

Yeah ! and ...We dont really need any sort of text in that book, forget that. just lots, and lots of imagery. Some people know what i mean. I would buy a standalone book for definite. Call it *the everlasting images* or *lost images* or something special. A true keepsake.

MJ looked so thin and frail during TII - look how much they airbrushed his face in the original booklet. Seeing the unseen songs would be cool but not interested in anything else. He was pushed to death by all involved in this series of concerts

How do we start a poll? I'd like to know how many of you all have ordered it.
Of all the members here...im sure at least 1 person bought it...i just wanna see the "new" photos. I havent even seen an unboxing video on YouTube

Of all the members here...im sure at least 1 person bought it...i just wanna see the "new" photos. I havent even seen an unboxing video on YouTube

The set doesn't ship until December 11th.

Hector Barjot's general opinion is that it's a lovely product, but it's far too expensive, even for him. Also, some fans wouldn't want to "celebrate" TII and that's understandable. Hector says that he would definitely add it to his collection, if it came down in price, by about half. If the limited editions don't sell, there could well be a price reduction, so anyone who is interested should maybe wait a while. Lol.

I love how the box lights up. It's sound sensitive, which means it lights up according to the beat of any music that's being played near it. The packaging of projects like this is always SO cool....e.g. the BAD 25 box with studs and zippers; the Vision box, with the panel of independently moving 3D images....one for each video in the collection. Maybe I haven't looked around enough, but I don't remember EVER seeing such innovative packaging on collections/boxsets for any other artist.

This might be the biggest waste of money ever in the MJ world. Everything is currently available for about £70-100 all in all. Literally £300+ for a box with some LEDs in it. I literally can't fathom who thought this was a good idea. They are absolutely tone deaf to the fans. Bad 25 didn't sell enough of our unrealistic expectations so we'll give you a £500 box full of stuff you already have?!

Just nope.

Maybe I haven't looked around enough, but I don't remember EVER seeing such innovative packaging on collections/boxsets for any other artist.

You're right. Those other artists' box sets had great content that justified their price tags though.

"Hi there,

Thank you for ordering the Michael Jackson - ‘This Is It’ 10th Anniversary Box Set.

We wanted you to know that there may occasionally be a small amount of corn starch residue on some of the components in the box set that’s used by the machines to ensure proper drying of the ink. If any is found, please know it can easily be wiped off with a tissue or soft cloth.

Best regards,

Michael Jackson Store Customer Service Team"

nfj;4276543 said:
"Hi there,

Thank you for ordering the Michael Jackson - ‘This Is It’ 10th Anniversary Box Set.

We wanted you to know that there may occasionally be a small amount of corn starch residue on some of the components in the box set that’s used by the machines to ensure proper drying of the ink. If any is found, please know it can easily be wiped off with a tissue or soft cloth.

Best regards,

Really? Nearly $500 for this and there might be corn starch on it? That's really a shame. Makes me feel better about not buying it.

nfj;4276543 said:
"Hi there,

Best regards,

hahahhaha, this can't be real

nfj;4276543 said:
"Hi there,

Best regards,

It's sad that the legacy of the biggest artist of all time is in the hands of such incompetent people.

Hey, come to think of it, i'm not bad when it comes to going properly fan crazy over michael jackson. I have quite a few merchandise of him.

Back