How would new MJ music sound in 2019/ the 2020s?

I mean, Love Never Felt So Good was written in '83 but people gravitated towards it in 2014. So imagine if he created something new today, it would stand out in the best way possible.

I get what you are saying but ''Love Never Felt So Good'' was never fully completed while Michael was still alive. It is literally a very early demo with only piano and vocals.
As Damien Shields put it: the track is ''rather a songwriting session caught on tape and frozen in time.''
So of course most people would gravitate towards a more produced version of the track rather than a raw demo.
(BTW ''Love Never Felt So Good'' was written and recorded in 1980 not 1983.)

And even the John McClain/Giorgio Tuinfort 2014 version of the song sounds very ''Off The Wall'' so it wasn't necessarily the most modern sound they were going for.

Re: Janet Jackson trap

How do you know that? Are you a mind reader or something? :hysterical: Janet has played Cardi B at one of her concerts a little while back.

Nope unfortunately I am not a mindreader :shutup:and with all due respect DuranDuran neither are you:flowers:

Re: Janet Jackson trap

Nope unfortunately I am not a mindreader :shutup:and with all due respect DuranDuran neither are you:flowers:
I made no comment as to whether he would like or dislike trap or Drake. You did. I don't have to be a mind reader to know that Mike went with whatever sound was popular at the time. The evidence is on his records. If he made a song with Akon and was planning on working with will.i.am and 50 Cent, then he still was going with what was hot. 50 Cent is a protege of Eminem who was also really popular.

Did Mike ever work with any underground music producers or singers? No. He didn't during his career with his brothers or solo. Trap has been on the radio for years now. So you think he was all of a sudden going to ignore the hot thing or not use trap rappers to do something else that won't get Top 40 or R&B radio airplay.
Even Madonna has done songs with Quavo & Nicki Minaj. Stevie Wonder plays harmonica on a Travis Scott song and Philip Bailey from Earth Wind & Fire sings the hook on the same song. Mike getting on pop radio with new songs is unlikely in the first place because he is over a certain age and today's Top 40 won't play a singer/band that is in their 50s & 60s.

No fighting guys. everyone has their own opinions. nobody really know how Michael music would of sound. this thread is only for imagination in my opinion I think Michael music would of sounded like today music with his taste and some old school with it.

it's just an opinion not the real thing or fact.

Piek;4278818 said:
Interesting – I never heard that statement by Michael, but it makes a bit sense to me. When I hear tracks like Shout and 2000 Watts, they sound experimental to me. At least experimental for Michael Jackson tracks. I always wondered whether or not Michael considered a completely different direction with Invincible.

I wished Michael had released some EP's, every now and then. With experiments, or collaborations... by sticking to albums only, he limited himself. An EP with Shout and 2000 Watts would have been lovely inbetween albums.

DuranDuran;4278821 said:
You mean like those electronic music albums Paul McCartney released under the name "The Fireman"? If a listener didn't know it was Paul and heard The Fireman's stuff, they'd never guess it was him. Most of it is instrumental. Mike is too commercial minded and concerned about selling the most records and getting hit singles to do that. It's not like Mike is an avant-garde or free jazz artist.

Michael Jackson had to stick only to albums because the contract that he signed with Sony Music demanded that.

The contract demanded that he had to deliver complete studio albums, not EPs, throughout the contract’s long period.

Also, the sum of all the new songs (in that long period) had to reach a minimum number.

These clauses (set by the record company) were meant to protect and benefit Sony Music.

The only exception was the ‘Blood On The Dance Floor’ album.

Sony Music wanted at least ten new songs in that album, but Michael Jackson rejected their demand for delivering such an album with at least ten new songs, so both parties reached a compromise for only five new songs plus the remixes.

But it was a compromise that eventually left both parties not satisfied because neither Michael Jackson nor Sony Music actually wanted such a messy format of the album (5 new songs plus eight remixes).

According to information from his camp, Michael Jackson in particular felt extremely upset by the official, hybrid format of that album (and also by the company’s decision for the inclusion of those eight remixes because he thought that the remixes were ruining the original versions of the songs).

nobody knows if Michael would be using social media or not. in someways I think he may time after time but not a lot because you know bullies, haters, and trolls.

he may do lives ever now and then but as i said before bullies,haters,and trolls.

i think Michael would try his best to keep his projects a secret. but now we live in age were things leak more easier then it was back in the 90's etc.

i agree social media kind of ruin somethings that use be hard to keep a secret. while social media destroy us a little it also somewhat useful.

With all the things Drake said about Michael. I don't think he would be listening to god plan. unless he say sorry to Michael. we can hang that up. Michael indeed like rap and hiphop. we don't know if he would of like trap but we got Michael trapson. so, LOL!

nobody knows if Michael would be using social media or not.

i think Michael would try his best to keep his projects a secret. but now we live in age were things leak more easier then it was back in the 90's etc.

i agree social media kind of ruin somethings that use be hard to keep a secret. while social media destroy us a little it also somewhat useful.

Thanks. great points. i just feel it is a double edge sword.

Back