A Year Since 'Leaving Neverland' First Hit Headlines - How do you feel?

Anna;4279106 said:
Err, no. I was just saying that because a lot of corruption exists in the US justice system — shown in cases like OJ, or R. Kelly who got off despite a literal sex tape with a minor — people will often take a not guilty verdict as just another injustice if it's not innocence proven definitively by DNA evidence or an alibi from CCTV showing participation in a crime as impossible, etc. I'm not saying that view is right or acceptable or whatever, I'm saying it's understandable and inevitable because to doubt is human nature and sometimes that doubt is justified. People are entitled to presumption of innocence, but reality is usually a lot more complicated than that very simple notion. So, again, as long as they don't negatively act on it, people should be free to believe what they want. All of us on both sides are just utilising belief, since none of us were actually there for any of it..

Exactly, it's more complicated, and that's why cases should be treated individually, not compared to others (especially if they have nothing in common). The fact that someone somewhere escaped the justice system cannot invalidate every other verdict in general, that's just absurd (and a simplification). And sure, people can have their opinions. It would be more beneficial tough to learn the facts as well before having those opinions - or simply refrain from forming them them if we are not familiar with the details.

Amazon Prime allowed "Chase The Truth" on their platform but that was accompanied by a gutless statement that made it clear the producers distanced themselves from the content of the show.
Isn't it just a usual method? Either way, it's a big thing they gave it a platform considering the atmosphere.

I can't see any mainstream channel or streaming service taking on Taj's documentary. At least not while the court case is ongoing, and probably not for a decade after it finishes.
That's my fear as well. The problem is not the content (that's out there for decades) but the platform which isn't given and I don't think this can be changed. :/

On the other hand, I couldn't imagine something like the Sat 1 Akte special happening either, and it did (and that's quite a big platform in Europe).

Exactly, it's more complicated, and that's why cases should be treated individually, not compared to others (especially if they have nothing in common). The fact that someone somewhere escaped the justice system cannot invalidate every other verdict in general, that's just absurd (and a simplification). And sure, people can have their opinions. It would be more beneficial tough to learn the facts as well before having those opinions - or simply refrain from forming them them if we are not familiar with the details.
Whether it's valid or not is another matter. I'm only explaining an alternate perspective that currently exists and the reasoning behind it. A perspective beyond the black and white and the "should". Current human tendency toward a black and white view of reality isn't accurate or helpful. The world and the individual people who live in it are infinitely more complex and multifaceted than that.

What I’m often hearing is, MJ’s verdict was “not guilty”, and that this doesn’t mean “innocent”. They don’t get that the presumption of innocence actually says just that.

1. innocent until proven guilty.
2. verdict “not guilty”
3. return to 1

It’s really just as simple as that.

It's been a year, now I'm good. Yeah, I had a few moments myself, but I'm glad that mockumentary did not make a huge impact like the media tried to make it look like it was. I've been knowing that (like the government) Hollywood is very shady, and last year officially confirmed what I have been thinking all this time. Oprah is exposed as a snake, I knew there was something about her I didn't like from the beginning. Ellen DeGeneres was a shock to many I hear, but I knew there was something going on about her, a fake personality, everything was rehearsed.

Bottom line, Michael Jackson may be gone physically, but his spirit is more alive than ever, that will never go away. WE are unbreakable!

As they were talking on DL hugley show yesterday about, Oprah, Leaving Neverland hurt her creditablity and she does not have that "when Oprah speaks" we listen no more. That has been damage by what she did to Michael. Even D L said it as well.

I agree. if that is the case, look all the men who are now being FREE due to DNA because they were found GUILTY which turn out now to be LIES. many of these men serve 5, 10, 15, 20, some 30 years in prison for crimes they did NOT commit. So for anyone to come with that 'not guilty" does not mean innocent, (well, "guilty" does not always mean someone is guilty either yet people will believe that guilty verdict in a heart beat). I agree, ALL cases should be viewed on their own merit.

I find it funny when haters would say fans see Michael as a god, but then turn around and come up with arguments like this. Does that not mean they see Michael as some sort of a god or wizard too? lol

I had a feud with an deviantArt whom I follow for 10 years and she disrespected telling me that I see Michael as "God" and using "obsession" to me and she had the nerve to laugh telling I can never talk about him again. I was so angry I severed ties with her and even added her to my H8T list. What she's telling me proves she's an MJ hater, I can talk about Michael the hell I want and this is why people, especially haters agitate me, they disrespect me and about Michael, I will be disrespectful right back and see how they like it.

Last edited:
As they were talking on DL hugley show yesterday about, Oprah, Leaving Neverland hurt her creditablity and she does not have that "when Oprah speaks" we listen no more. That has been damage by what she did to Michael. Even D L said it as well.

Any links? I'd be interested to hear this.

I think there is something to be said that all you guys here haven't had a break from this story. I have.

I barely post here.

And I feel pretty good about the whole situation. Why?

Well, Michael's music is played a ton. I hear it everywhere. Cancelled, my ass.

But most importantly - the internet as a whole...is almost fully on Michael's side. Go anywhere be that Reddit or social media or anywhere on the internet where Michael is brought up - the allegations are either never mentioned and if they are - they're someone talking about how bullshit and extortionist they are. And even if someone slams Michael - people speak up against them. And who soaks up the up-votes? Defenders.

Are these die hard MJ fans? Some, sure. But the entirety of social media isn't MJ fans. These are people. This is the public.

On top of that, Dave Chapelle didn't get applause and cheers for defending Michael and accolades from the public for no reason. He said what everyone was afraid to say in the #MeToo era. He spoke for people.

And debunking the allegations of 1993/2005 and now Leaving Neverland became its own YouTube genre for awhile, with scads of views.

We're going to be okay.

Back