IMPORTANT PLEASE READ: It's Time To Start Sharing The Burden...

Re: Time To Start Sharing The Burden...

When it's an open discussion thread, everyone is speaking to everyone else. That's how it works. Anyone can pick up on members' comments and respond to them. We're all contributing our thoughts and opinions and we don't really control who replies and who doesn't.

Now, that being said, there's not really much more to discuss in this thread, going forward, IMO. The owner has made his position clear and now we have a great idea in place, with the patron page. People are signing up to help out and therefore our end goal of keeping the forum running for the members should be achieved, as we progress further into 2020. There's no need for people to keep musing about the situation in here and/or saying the same kinds of things over and over.

Let's all forge ahead, shall we. :)

Ah.

okay.

Thanks SO. I don't know how I did see that before. **hangs head in shame**.

I feel safer using my credit card with Paypal (maybe foolishly). I can't use bank accounts for Paypal in my country.

How are we keep tracking of how much we still need for the month?
The amount still needed after Patreon donations will be displayed using the donation bar near the top of the forum.

Anna;4278371 said:
The amount still needed after Patreon donations will be displayed using the donation bar near the top of the forum.

That’s great. :) How often does it update? Currently it’s still sitting at 0 for next month. Once a month, when the Patreon donations have been collected?

ScreenOrigami;4278372 said:
That’s great. :) How often does it update? Currently it’s still sitting at 0 for next month. Once a month, when the Patreon donations have been collected?
Gaz will update the total needed soon, to reflect the current Patrons. And then any donations made through PayPal will show up on the donation bar. Unless we get a new influx of Patrons the amount still needed each month isn't likely to fluctuate that much, but we'll keep it up to date. I think we're currently still over $100 short of what's needed for this month.

Anna;4278375 said:
Gaz will update the total needed soon, to reflect the current Patrons. And then any donations made through PayPal will show up on the donation bar. Unless we get a new influx of Patrons the amount still needed each month isn't likely to fluctuate that much, but we'll keep it up to date. I think we're currently still over $100 short of what's needed for this month.

Oh. Let’s hope a few more will sign up for the Patreon.

ScreenOrigami;4278406 said:
Alright then. Let’s return to the topic and find more patrons. :)

https://www.patreon.com/mjjcommunity/

Good idea! Please everyone spread the word, far and wide! :)

This is a reminder to all members to please restrict discussions and questions in this thread to the topic of donations and patronage.

Questions about the status of other members are not appropriate and disrespect to other members or staff is definitely not okay.

I'm not sure what's going to happen with the bar now. Gaz is going to clarify the situation for you guys. He's in charge of this stuff.

In a nut shell guys, I will add what the amount is from patrons to the donation bar each month, the goal is to get the patrons to the full amount thus I will then be able to get rid of the donation bar and we will never have to worry about the cost of keeping this place again, so yeah as the patrons go up the less will be needed on the donation bar.

I'm now about to update it so we can see where we are.

The below is where we are at for January

MONTH

EARNINGS BEFORE REFUNDS

TOTAL REFUNDS

EARNINGS BEFORE FEES

PAYMENT PROCESSING FEES

PLATFORM FEES

EARNINGS BEFORE TAX

JAN 2020

$51.00

$0.00

$51.00

$4.77

$4.08

$42.15

I will now be adding $42.15 to the donation bar.

Even though this site can be confusing sometimes. i'm glad it's still up and running. a lot MJ forums shut down in the past due to Michael death and not funding the site. so it's really good that site still going and really good due to the fact all the courtcases and things coming up this year and probably next year. it's 2005 all over again. and i wasn't even around on this site back then.

I really hope this site can last as long as it can. things cost more then they did in the past. it will also be nice maybe one day to even update this site with enough money.

it can be difficult sometimes but this site is a blessing. keep it up.

It´s already the 16th and we still need so much money for January. Then, every month it will be the same ... Can we do this? Will this work?

It seems to be so much money every single month.

bluemoon7;4279313 said:
It´s already the 16th and we still need so much money for January. Then, every month it will be the same ... Can we do this? Will this work?

It seems to be so much money every single month.

I'm actually amazed that it seems like most people in here simply aren't willing to share the burden. The amount needed actually isn't much considering the amount of traffic. If only a very small part of our community is willing to pay $ 1 a month this place will be saved. For something that gives us so much joy a $ 1 a month is nothing. At least not for many users in here. I figured that shouldn't be the problem, but i might be wrong.

The Patreon group at this point only reached a monthly collection of $ 90. Still if only an additional 60 people in here are willing to pay $ 1 a month this place is save.

I'm amazed that if crowdfunding is started for concert videos we raise thousands of dollars in only a couple of days and this community is actually at risk.

Don't forget people, without this community crowdfunding for rare footage will most likely won't work either.

Please chip in.

Thnx!

Coming Peeps Check in. it can be only 1 dollar if that's all you can give. i really hope this site can stay up as long as it can. lot of good materials here. do we really want this stuff to be lost?

Do we have a deadline to pay for this yet.. sometimes it's a last minute thing where I would donate today but just cant....

My hopes are not too high it will work out. But then again, I'm a pessimist (aka realist lol).

I look at the donating pool. it's say we are good until next month. i'm not sure if that's right or not. we really need to get it on. next month coming. >_>

Great job guys, we now have next months which is due on the 6th, anything taken between now and then will be added to next months including the patron funds, fingers crossed soon once that has the full amount we will never need to worry about this place ever going off line.

And don't forget if you want to become an MJJC Patron helping with anything from $1 a month upwards simply pop over to our Patron page https://www.patreon.com/mjjcommunity anything from there I will auto add at the beginning of each month so a clear picture is seen by all for what's remaining.

Thanks again guyssss

I notice since that leaving neverland crap aired and once this thread was made more and more people has joined here. that's great news. I was one of the people who joined when the leaving neverland crap aired. nice to see people still care about Michael and this is site. a lot of MJ sites has been taken off the web due the fact Michael been gone for 10 years and people didn't want to fund them.

I hope this site last as long as it lives. it has a lot good history and stuff on here. follow by a great place to talk about Michael without haters and trolls.

Goal amount for the next month: 174 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)

just donated...join me, if possible #MJFam

83663935_916584105429659_1984058514633239806_n.jpg

Goal amount for the next month: 174 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)

just donated...join me, if possible #MJFam

83663935_916584105429659_1984058514633239806_n.jpg

The donation bar has been updated - it's looking much better now. :) Thank you for your support.

Hi. Checking to see if we can get an update of how much is still needed for next month.

Hi. Checking to see if we can get an update of how much is still needed for next month.

The bar is up to date, so what you are currently seeing there is what has been collected and what is left to collect. :)

Back