Controversial MJ Documentary Leaving Neverland [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

Deleted my post. myosotis posted the same exact thing a minute earlier. :laughing:

Last edited:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Well, <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MJFam?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#MJFam</a>, karma has finally arrived for Dan Reed. Look who the distributor is for his NEXT doc. LOL <a href="https://t.co/qilQ0zbNUG">pic.twitter.com/qilQ0zbNUG</a></p>&mdash; andjustice4some (@andjustice4some) <a href="https://twitter.com/andjustice4some/status/1223474030386143234?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 1, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I saw this video. Just look at how fierce, angry, emotional this woman is. And I get it, I just wish someone would stand up like this for Michael and I would like those media people that we say here to say the same thing that they say about what the woman has just said. But they won't because it's MJ.

https://youtu.be/mApXd2zf2cU

I saw this video. Just look at how fierce, angry, emotional this woman is. And I get it, I just wish someone would stand up like this for Michael and I would like those media people that we say here to say the same thing that they say about what the woman has just said. But they won't because it's MJ.

https://youtu.be/mApXd2zf2cU
This journalist was talked about all week. She is correct. Amazing MJ fans and family have been saying this. It amazing it takes Kobe's death for people to wake up and start ADMITTING IT OPENLY now. This may be the only silver lining to come out of this tragedy.

This journalist was talked about all week. She is correct. Amazing MJ fans and family have been saying this. It amazing it takes Kobe's death for people to wake up and start ADMITTING IT OPENLY now. This may be the only silver lining to come out of this tragedy.

Probably yeah. But it's never too late to do this for Michael too. You can be damn sure once that A&E thing releases media will be all over it, it would be refreshing to see someone like that standing up for Mike then too. I doubt that though.

Leaving Neverland’ Producers Struggling For Royalties As Kew Media Group Ceases Trading (EXCLUSIVE) – Variety

Canada’s embattled Kew Media Group will continue to cease all trading on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) following a permanent cease trade order by the Ontario Securities Commission, as the firm’s portfolio of production companies scrambles to exit what one executive has called “a sinking ship.”

Several people with direct knowledge of the company’s finances have told Variety that the producers of HBO and Channel 4 documentary “Leaving Neverland,” one of Kew Media Distribution’s top-earning titles last year – selling into every territory in the world except China, Kew said in July – are among those who are heavily out of pocket, with large amounts of royalties still unpaid. :lmao:<strike></strike>

Variety understands that a number of these companies are now looking to quickly extract themselves from Kew.

One Kew-backed business owner told Variety that the company’s producers became conscious of financial distress during the second half of 2019, but was not expecting the scale of the damage.

“We were conscious from their third-quarter results that they hadn’t done well,” said the source. “But the share price had tanked before this, and we thought it was a bad quarter. We weren’t imagining this.”

https://variety.com/2020/tv/global/kew-media-group-leaving-neverland-unpaid-royalties-1203488884/[SUB][SUP]<strike>
</strike>[/SUP][/SUB]

Last edited:
CherubimII;4280729 said:
Leaving Neverland’ Producers Struggling For Royalties As Kew Media Group Ceases Trading (EXCLUSIVE) – Variety

Canada’s embattled Kew Media Group will continue to cease all trading on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) following a permanent cease trade order by the Ontario Securities Commission, as the firm’s portfolio of production companies scrambles to exit what one executive has called “a sinking ship.”

Several people with direct knowledge of the company’s finances have told Variety that the producers of HBO and Channel 4 documentary “Leaving Neverland,” one of Kew Media Distribution’s top-earning titles last year – selling into every territory in the world except China, Kew said in July – are among those who are heavily out of pocket, with large amounts of royalties still unpaid. :lmao:<strike></strike>

Variety understands that a number of these companies are now looking to quickly extract themselves from Kew.

One Kew-backed business owner told Variety that the company’s producers became conscious of financial distress during the second half of 2019, but was not expecting the scale of the damage.

“We were conscious from their third-quarter results that they hadn’t done well,” said the source. “But the share price had tanked before this, and we thought it was a bad quarter. We weren’t imagining this.”

https://variety.com/2020/tv/global/kew-media-group-leaving-neverland-unpaid-royalties-1203488884/[SUB][SUP]<strike>
</strike>[/SUP][/SUB]

And this proved this lying documentary was a MONEY MAKING SCHEME. IT FAILED. WE TOLD these fools this documentary was a FLOP but some media outlets and those fake awards wanted to make it out to be more than what it was.

Probably yeah. But it's never too late to do this for Michael too. You can be damn sure once that A&E thing releases media will be all over it, it would be refreshing to see someone like that standing up for Mike then too. I doubt that though.
MJ will be and many are defending him (that is why MJ is still being played and celebrated).

Last edited:
Struggling scheming weasels they are , Stuck in a hole they created for themselves! ;)

CherubimII;4280729 said:
&#8216;Leaving Neverland&#8217; Producers Struggling For Royalties As Kew Media Group Ceases Trading (EXCLUSIVE) &#8211; Variety

Canada&#8217;s embattled Kew Media Group will continue to cease all trading on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) following a permanent cease trade order by the Ontario Securities Commission, as the firm&#8217;s portfolio of production companies scrambles to exit what one executive has called &#8220;a sinking ship.&#8221;

Several people with direct knowledge of the company&#8217;s finances have told Variety that the producers of HBO and Channel 4 documentary &#8220;Leaving Neverland,&#8221; one of Kew Media Distribution&#8217;s top-earning titles last year &#8211; selling into every territory in the world except China, Kew said in July &#8211; are among those who are heavily out of pocket, with large amounts of royalties still unpaid. :lmao:<strike></strike>

One Kew-backed business owner told Variety that the company&#8217;s producers became conscious of financial distress during the second half of 2019, but was not expecting the scale of the damage.

&#8220;We were conscious from their third-quarter results that they hadn&#8217;t done well,&#8221; said the source. &#8220;But the share price had tanked before this, and we thought it was a bad quarter. We weren&#8217;t imagining this.&#8221;

</strike>[/SUP][/SUB]

How does karma feel ya b:censored:es?! :lmao:AHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!!:lmao:

Not exactly MJ related, but....

Did any of you see on Twitter the updates about the Depp VS Heard case? The photos showing how Depp actually was abused? The audio recording? More and more it seems he was the victim here, yet he almost lose his career and he was being ruined in the media too. Will we see MeToo standing up now too? Nah.

Not exactly MJ related, but....

Did any of you see on Twitter the updates about the Depp VS Heard case? The photos showing how Depp actually was abused? The audio recording? More and more it seems he was the victim here, yet he almost lose his career and he was being ruined in the media too. Will we see MeToo standing up now too? Nah.
Yeah, the photos have been out there for ages and this audio recording is proof from her own mouth that she is the abuser, yet hardly any of the media are reporting on it. To people who are interested I would suggest listening to the full audio, which can be found here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aca0KWoHtqQ
I found it quite hard to listen to. She has suffered no consequences from this revelation, meanwhile she basically destroyed his life with allegations.

This is just like the fallout from LN. The media are too scared to report on the truth, for fear of MeToo backlash. Disgusting.

I have been keeping an eye on the Depp case because I saw the parallels with Michael's.

These revelations do not surprise me but I do not expect that Mr Depp will see a change in narrative from the media.

But I do dream of a day when there is a widespread maintstream media acknowledgement that they got it wrong - on both Michael and Mr Depp.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Huge thanks to Mo'Nique, a true hero. Finally, someone has stood up to Oprah and the Hollywood elite, for throwing a deceased black artist under the bus, when he could not defend himself. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MJInnocent?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#MJInnocent</a> <a href="https://t.co/NU3vjKKE42">https://t.co/NU3vjKKE42</a></p>&mdash; andjustice4some (@andjustice4some) <a href="https://twitter.com/andjustice4some/status/1224530150714294272?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 4, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">20,000 people have liked Mo’Nique’s open letter to Oprah already, she touches on how Oprah supports Harvey Weinstein and not the acquitted and deceased “brother MJ”, please go and support this &#128588; <a href="https://t.co/SQXwF1MR6U">https://t.co/SQXwF1MR6U</a> <a href="https://t.co/cjNbWXDOFJ">pic.twitter.com/cjNbWXDOFJ</a></p>&mdash; &#120339;&#120374;&#120356;&#120378; (@kjngofpops) <a href="https://twitter.com/kjngofpops/status/1224530054954307584?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 4, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

And you see how the DA is using nude picture of harvey Weinstein in court to collobrate what the witness said? This is why MJ photos were NOT used. THEY DID NOT MATCH. If they did, they would have been allowed in.

Snoop dog totally went off at oprah and gayle king! and rightfully so

A journalist (H Freeman) who last year refused to look at any pro-MJ evidence, is using Corey Feldman to continue her attacks... I wonder if 'We are going to have to make room for imperfect victims' will become the new mantra, not just for Corey, but also for Robsome and Safecheck.

This is a very long article and worth reading in full, but I'm just including extracts here.

Corey Feldman: 'The biggest problem in Hollywood is paedophilia'

At first glance, Corey Feldman&#8217;s house looks ridiculous. A crooked Christmas wreath hangs on the front door, even though it is late January. Feldman&#8217;s assistant lets me into the two-storey home in the hills of Los Angeles, and when I walk into the living room I have to bite the insides of my cheeks to stop myself from gasping: hanging above the fireplace is a drawing of Feldman from his 80s teen glory years. The bookcases are packed with vintage toys, most still in their boxes, most from Feldman&#8217;s own movies: there&#8217;s Goonies merch, Gremlins memorabilia, The Lost Boys souvenirs. And, of course, there are the inevitable posters of his films, including License to Drive and Stand By Me. It&#8217;s like a parody of how one might imagine a former child star&#8217;s house to look: one part Neverland to two parts Norma Desmond. I haven&#8217;t even mentioned the picture of Michael Jackson &#8211; with whom Feldman was friends as a child &#8211; in the front hallway, greeting you as you walk past.

Feldman, 48, eventually appears and he doesn&#8217;t look much less absurd than his house. It&#8217;s hot outside, but he is in a lavishly patterned shirt, a waistcoat and suit trousers. He still has that thin-lipped wide grin that made him so recognisable as a child actor, but set alongside his skinny build, it now emphasises his jagged, cracked appearance. But he&#8217;s very solicitous, making sure I have a drink, that I&#8217;m comfortable on the sofa, even though he&#8217;s having a terrible day. We&#8217;ll get to that, but first, I have to ask, doesn&#8217;t he find having all these old toys around him a bit, well, depressing?

&#8220;No, not at all,&#8221; he says. &#8220;The experiences that were bad weren&#8217;t working on Gremlins or Goonies. This is all the fun stuff.&#8221;

And then I belatedly realise Feldman isn&#8217;t showing off his past glories. He&#8217;s hugging close the all-too-brief pocket in time when he was starting to get away from his exploitative parents, but before he was sexually molested as a teenager. That tiny sliver of his childhood that was not ruined by the adults who should have been looking after him.

&#8220;The biggest problem in Hollywood,&#8221; he repeats, mantra-like, &#8220;is paedophilia.&#8221; His fellow former child actor Alison Arngrim has said, &#8220;I literally heard that [the Two Coreys] were &#8216;passed around&#8217;. The word was they were given drugs and being used for sex.&#8221;

According to Feldman, Haim was raped by &#8220;a major Hollywood figure&#8221; while making the 1986 film Lucas. Reviewing that film, Roger Ebert predicted that Haim would &#8220;grow into an important actor. He is that good.&#8221; He was, but instead he became a bloated and bankrupt shell of a man, forced in later years to appear on reality TV shows in which he was so out of it he hardly knew where he was. &#8220;He made me promise before he died that I would get the truth out,&#8221; says Feldman. It would be an understatement to say this has become a crusade for him, much to the dismay of Haim&#8217;s mother, Judy, who agrees her son was abused, but says Feldman is exploiting his memory.

Today, Feldman is pacing around his house anxiously because his long-promised documentary, which he wrote, directed and financed, is likely to be delayed yet again because of a problem with the insurance. It is provisionally titled Truth: The Rape of the Two Coreys. Feldman says he not only names his and Haim&#8217;s abusers after almost a decade of hints and promises, but also taps into what he insists is a conspiracy to protect them. The fact that he can&#8217;t get his film out is, in his eyes, proof of this. &#8220;Nobody wants to go after the bad guys,&#8221; he says and he shows me emails from lawyers denying him access to police reports and video footage. &#8220;What the hell is really going on here?&#8221; he asks.

Two years ago, I interviewed Rob Reiner, who directed Feldman in Stand By Me, and we discussed the fates of the four young child stars in it: River Phoenix overdosed at 23, Feldman claims he was abused, Wil Wheaton and Jerry O&#8217;Connell got through unscathed. I asked Reiner if he thought that reflected a child star&#8217;s chances: 50/50 that they would end up OK. &#8220;I don&#8217;t know if it&#8217;s reflective of child actors exactly, but more about whether child actors have enough of a familial foundation to withstand the difficulties,&#8221; Reiner replied. In other words, the problem is the parents, not the movies. After all, despite Feldman&#8217;s claims of a conspiracy in the movie business, the few men who he has named so far as abusers were hardly top-level Hollywood executives and unlikely to be protected by anyone.

Feldman bristles when I tell him Reiner&#8217;s theory. &#8220;I think that&#8217;s a nice excuse. I love Rob, but he&#8217;s off base. What happened to Corey Haim on the set of Lucas was, yes, of course, because his parents were negligent. But there were bad actors on the set who shouldn&#8217;t have been there and have been protected since,&#8221; he says.

There have been many rumours over the years about who Haim&#8217;s alleged rapist was, and Haim&#8217;s mother is not alone in suggesting that Feldman is stringing out the big reveal for his own benefit. &#8220;Why doesn&#8217;t he just name him?&#8221; she has said, echoing various journalists&#8217; pleas. Feldman retorts that he can&#8217;t because he will be sued. But given that he names the man in his movie, can&#8217;t he tell me now?

&#8220;Well, the insurance hasn&#8217;t come through yet,&#8221; he reminds me. &#8220;Also I don&#8217;t want to give it away because I need people to see the movie.&#8221;

Feldman is right that people do tend to look away from stories of paedophilia. The one recent exception to that rule has been the case against Jackson. Ever since Dan Reed&#8217;s documentary, Leaving Neverland, was aired last year, most people have accepted that Jackson was, in all likelihood, a paedophile. Except for Feldman. Seemingly determined to constantly undermine his own cause, Feldman has scoffed at Jackson&#8217;s accusers and insisted Jackson never touched him in all the time they spent together. After enormous online criticism, Feldman rowed back a little last year, saying: &#8220;I cannot in good conscience defend anyone who&#8217;s being accused of such horrendous crimes.&#8221; Today he seems to be rowing back on the rowing back; there is, after all, the portrait of Jackson in the front hall and I spot at least one photo of Jackson with Feldman. When I ask about them, Feldman insists his response to the Jackson case is based on experience: he wasn&#8217;t abused by Jackson, so of course he defends him. Given that he now styles himself a defender of child victims, this makes little sense, and I suspect the truth is more complicated: he desperately needs to believe that at least one adult from his childhood wasn&#8217;t out to damage him.

When it comes to sexual assault, victims are often deemed to be not perfect enough: their sexual history too louche, their behaviour afterwards too wild. Yet predators pick off the vulnerable and survivors sometimes process trauma in deeply damaged and self-destructive ways. Instead of these factors being taken as evidence that something terrible has happened, too often they are cited as reasons that the victim should not be believed. The focus is placed on the effect, not the cause.

We are going to have to learn how to make room for imperfect victims, and to understand that the key to their stories lies in their imperfections. Few are more imperfect than Feldman. It was easy to believe the accusations against Weinstein when they were coming from such impeccable sources as Ashley Judd and Angelina Jolie. Things are a little more complicated when abuse allegations are coming from a former child star who does wacky things on TV. Really, you need only to look at Feldman and Haim to know that something, somewhere, went extremely wrong. But that requires you to look at them and not turn queasily away.

We talk about his teenage son, Zen, and when I ask if he would let Zen go into the movie business, his eyes pop out in horror: &#8220;Hell, no!&#8221; There is no doubt that Feldman is trying to use his trauma for good: he says he is working with the Screen Actors Guild to improve safeguarding laws for children on movie sets, and he is certain that his movie &#8220;will save thousands&#8221;. He just doesn&#8217;t understand why people won&#8217;t listen to him and why they laugh at him. He mentions another recent article that cast doubt on his credibility. &#8220;It wasn&#8217;t nice, you know? Why would they do that?&#8221; he asks, his eyes wide, and he doesn&#8217;t sound like a 48-year-old man trying to deal with the media. He sounds like a child who, once again, has been let down by the adults around him.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2020/feb/06/corey-feldman-nobody-wants-to-go-after-the-bad-guys

----------------------------------------------------------
Another article includes the poster for the '2 Coreys' film, and gives a slightly different title for it :

My Truth: The Rape of Two Coreys,&#8221; directed by Brian Herzlinger, also features interviews with their co-stars and friends, including Keith Coogan, Jamison Newlander, and the late Kristoff St. John.

The film will premiere on March 9 to commemorate the tenth anniversary of Corey Haim&#8217;s death.

https://extratv.com/2020/02/04/extr...truth-the-rape-of-two-coreys-poster-released/

Last edited:
It is not working no more. With Johnny Depp, Kobe, all the lies about Wade and James, people are seeing the nonsense the media paint and tired of the bandwagon. What Guardian writer fails to see, PEOPLE LIE about Abuse as well.

And most people have NOT accepted that about Michael. See how that writer lies.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Last year was absolute hell for my family. We tried to warn everyone that there was a bigger agenda at play. People are now starting to finally wake up &amp; see it.<br>My heart goes out to the Bryant family who has to deal w/ this hateful nonsense. &#128591;&#127998;<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/FactsDontLiePeopleDo?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#FactsDontLiePeopleDo</a></p>&mdash; Taj Jackson (@tajjackson3) <a href="https://twitter.com/tajjackson3/status/1225485276111228928?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 6, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">via <a href="https://twitter.com/HonorMJ1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@HonorMJ1</a> Snoop Dogg representing for Michael Jackson today on IG! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MJInnocent?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#MJInnocent</a> <a href="https://t.co/RSeiyf8QXu">pic.twitter.com/RSeiyf8QXu</a></p>&mdash; andjustice4some (@andjustice4some) <a href="https://twitter.com/andjustice4some/status/1225472626321059846?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 6, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Oprah so inteligent. So inteligent to be used and allow herself to be used by the white establishement. Because she will do anything to appease them so she can keep in their good books so they dont turn on her. Shes quite prepared to throw anyone under the bus if it protects her position. The epitome of the "house ne!@$" and she and gayle dont care how obvious what they are doing is becoming. Good to see the black community calling out their vile lack of morals in their desperation to stay in the house.

myosotis;4279272 said:
LOL LOL LOL LOL :rollin: :hysterical:

Latest news on awards for 'Leaving Neverland':

The 'Broadcast Awards' (presented on 5th Feb 2020, have nominated LN for the following award...no, not best doc, or best specialist factual, or best post-production, not best original programme, not best popular factual programme, nope it missed out on all those nominations, in favour of...(drumroll)....

Timeline TV Moment of the Year (Sponsored by Timeline TV) for:

Abuse victim James Safechuck reveals the &#8216;engagement ring&#8217; Michael Jackson bought him for a mock wedding
(Amos Pictures for Channel 4/HBO)

Others in the same category are:
Bros: After the Screaming Stops
The brothers debate the danger of conkers Fulwell 73 & Lorton Entertainment for BBC Four

Chernobyl
Tense countdown as conscripts have 90 seconds to throw radioactive granite into the reactor&#8217;s core Sister & The Mighty Mint for HBO/Sky Atlantic

Fleabag
Fleabag and the &#8216;hot priest&#8217; get up close in the confession box Two Brothers Pictures for BBC Three/Amazon Prime

Line of Duty
DCS Carmichael puts Ted through the wringer about his murky past in a lengthy grilling in the interrogation room World Productions for BBC One

Lorraine
&#8216;What&#8217;s the point of that?&#8217;: Lorraine Kelly lashes out at Jennifer Arcuri ITV Studios for ITV

Love Island
&#8216;I was coming back to tell you that I love you&#8217;: Amy&#8217;s heartbreak as Curtis confesses his feelings for Jourdan ITV Studios & Motion Content Group for ITV2

https://broadcastawards.co.uk/shortlist-2020/

Celebrating the very best in British programming and channels. The awards recognise and reward the UK&#8217;s most ground-breaking content, creators and channels.''

I'm happy to say that the winner of the 'Timeline TV Moment of the Year' was 'Chernobyl'.

Tense countdown as conscripts have 90 seconds to throw radioactive granite into the reactor&#8217;s core Sister & The Mighty Mint for HBO/Sky Atlantic

Ref: Twitter

Sargent-Disc Ltd@SargentDisc
·5 Feb
Timeline TV Moment of the Year 2020 Broadcast Award goes to Chernobyl #BroadcastAwards

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Now might be a good time to remind people that <a href="https://twitter.com/Oprah?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Oprah</a> and <a href="https://twitter.com/GayleKing?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@GayleKing</a> screened &quot;Leaving Neverland&quot; with David Geffen on his yacht on OPRAHS BIRTHDAY before it premiered at Sundance in 2019. We should ALL be asking WHY <a href="https://t.co/GtIxHKHK25">pic.twitter.com/GtIxHKHK25</a></p>&mdash; Ed Durden (@777rellirhtjjm) <a href="https://twitter.com/777rellirhtjjm/status/1225551138604408839?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 6, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Back