Confirmed HIStory Tour release for 2021?

The question is: if you release it.....why release it in 2021 and not 2020 for the anniversary of HIStory?

Exactly.

If it suddenly disappears from YouTube...its definitely truth to this unfortunately. His estate people are....(unfiltered words)

That's sound like something they will do. i really hope not. ugh. please don't let them. :doh:

Doggone;4281488 said:
No... Don’t do this. Everyone will criticize him. I love Michael, but his condition was reallybad during the HIStory concerts...

I agree. he wasn't feeling it. he about in his mid 30's at the time. not to mention all the recent stuff before the tour. none of us are prefect and Michael got tired and needed breaks just like the rest of us. Michael didn't like touring anyway. but he did it for his fans.

https://tenor.com/view/office-no-gif-5606969

I really hope this isn't true
Bizarre move if it is true. I mean this last 12-18 months has been a rough ride for Michael and his legacy, so why on would the estate look to compound the disappointment further by officially releasing a tour Michael didn't appear to be satisfied with himself. I mean he did stop the release of the Seoul show on VHS didn't he? Around 1997/98?

I just can't understand it. If the fans don't want this released then why go ahead? Who is it they're targeting? Because general public or casual fans will see the glaringly obvious, that Michael wasn't at his best and it would undermine his legacy as the greatest live performer in history.

Michael stressed quality over quantity and if the Estate press ahead with this then they clearly don't have his wishes at heart from an artistic point of view

I agree. it's like they don't care about his fans or legacy at all. it took us to really defend Michael until his estate came later on to speak out. that's ridiculous. they claim they care but it really feel they don't. yes they need money but I don't understand why they won't give us stuff that will. so many things fans asking for and they can do. they won't do it. poor mike and us fans. the world pretty much use him. ugh. smh.

If it suddenly disappears from YouTube...its definitely truth to this unfortunately. His estate people are....(unfiltered words)

If it does get removed from Youtube, it won't bother me because there's tons of other HIStory Tour shows for me to watch. And I never watch Munich anyway, because I consider it to be Michael's weakest performance on the HIStory Tour. Brunei, Bucharest and Kuala Lumpur are the shows I go back to the most.

Most fans : Would like Destiny, Triumph, Victory, or more Bad tour released.

Estate : No, only concert you're getting is Munich 97. His best tour. Lol

Only way its worth it is if it comes with a doc/rehearsals/unseen footage imo. Giving us the exact same concert we already have is a bad idea otherwise.

The thing we need to remember guys is it's just a rumour for now. I'm sure the Estate know we're not happy with even the suggestion of an official release

That's not what he said at the Diamond Celebration in Las Vegas.
He said that they have converted it to HD and that they have noticed that Michael isn't always singing live (however he also says that most of the time he is singing live which is not true). Then he said that the last thing they would put out is something that doesn't represent who Michael truly was.
At the end he assured the public that ''there will be HIStory footage'' and that at some point they will do documentaries for both the Dangerous and HIStory albums and will use the concert footage then.

I don't see why we shouldn't trust her. What would be her reason to lie about this?

If you want to trust someone on the internet you've never heard of, go ahead.

And it absolutely is what he said. He commented about the lack of live singing, that it had been converted from the German TV show, "but we really respect that Michael was the greatest entertainer who ever lived...but the last thing we wanna do is put out anything that in any sense doesn't salute who Michael really was". And as you correctly point out, he says some footage will be used for a HIStory documentary.

This is him saying you're not getting a standalone full release of the concert. He said this 16 months ago, he may have changed his mind. But I'll take his word for it for now.

Cannot see it happening at all. Personally I do enjoy the history tour, despite the miming. Opening 20 minutes is killer.

Having the band mime and the backing singers mime to his vocals in tracks like Stranger in Moscow is pretty bad though.

Eh, I know most of the MJ fam doesn't have warm feelings towards Branca, but I do trust the guy to some extent :)
From what I gathered, the on and off professional relationship they had was disrupted only when 3rd party with their own agend tried to paint Branca as the bad guy. I may be wrong, and while I don't always agree with his decisions regarding the Estate, I do believe he operates with the best interest in mind. Releasing Munich concert is counterproductive and Branca is a smart man, he may not have artistic grasp of things but he does understand money, and wasting it on releasing concert everyone saw 100s of times on yt is just plain stupid.

It won't surprise me if they do this. It is the Michael Jackson Estate after all.

The question is: if you release it.....why release it in 2021 and not 2020 for the anniversary of HIStory?

Maybe because the Broadway musical is this year and hopefully Taj's documentary as well.

I would love to have any official release from the HIStory tour. I say bring it on.

I feel the same. The HIStory Tour is the only one of Michael's three solo tours that hasn't had an official concert release.

If it's Munich, it's worse than nothing, because the ZDFHD version we have has perfect video quality, and I doubt if an official release would be any better. I hope if they'll release History Tour, they'd pick Prague or other shows with the best energy and performance, or do a edited show from several concerts.

What we all hope is a decent release of another Bad Tour concert like MSG New York 1988 or LA 1989, or Victory Tour, but the chance is getting smaller and smaller, since videos are heading HD, and DVDs or even 4:3 videos are gradually dying. I really hope we could have a chance to see MJ's best concerts before we get old.

Last edited:
If it's Munich, it's worse than nothing, because the ZDFHD version we have has perfect video quality, and I doubt if an official release would be any better. I hope if they'll release History Tour, they'd pick Prague or other shows with the best energy and performance, or do a edited show from several concerts.

What we all hope is a decent release of another Bad Tour concert like MSG New York 1988 or LA 1989, or Victory Tour, but the chance is getting smaller and smaller, since videos are heading HD, and DVDs or even 4:3 videos are gradually dying. I really hope we could have a chance to see MJ's best concerts before we get old.

This is another reason why I think the estate should track down/come forward with info on film material. The bad25 statement didnt even mention anything with film. Would help the fan investigations. Leeds 88, Wembley etc. We have the sources that confirm concert film exists. High quality Bluray would be good for MJs legacy right now imo.

I wish my night at the history tour november 24th 1996 was videotaped would give anything to relive that night again

I wish my night at the history tour november 24th 1996 was videotaped would give anything to relive that night again

Me too! While we do have one of the HIStory Tour concerts I was at (Copenhagen), I would love to have the other 2 I was at as well (Prague and Copenhagen august 29), just so I can relive them like I do each time I watch the one we have. I would give anything to see them again and those are the 2 concerts I want more than anything. I don't care how many HIStory tour concerts we have, I wasn't at all of those. I want the ones I was at

Last edited:
Me too! While we do have one of the HIStory Tour concerts I was at (Copenhagen), I would love to have the other 2 I was at as well (Prague and Copenhagen august 29), just so I can relive them like I do each time I watch the one we have. I would give anything to see them again and those are the 2 concerts I want more than anything. I don't care how many HIStory tour concerts we have, I wasn't at all of those. I want the ones I was at

Glad im not the only one wanting this

Glad im not the only one wanting this

One thing you gotta understand is that The Estate will release Munich 1997. The same show that has been aired everywhere around the world. Everywhere. That's why almost everybody consider this is a terrible idea.

Still hoping for the Wembley box set. Those shows were special and MJ brought some extra energy each time.

July 14th 1988
23rd August 1992
July 12th 1997

Jam @ Wembley might be one of Michael’s best ever tour performances

A lipsync concert has little to no beneficial value in terms of reputation enhancement in 2020.

People may have accepted lipsync in the 80s and early 90s but even in 97 people were criticising big stars for doing it. In 2020 it's just not accepted at all.

If they release that show they are only going to invite a whole load of negativity about MJ as a performer and it's likely to do more harm than good IMO. Oh and it's been available on the net for years already. Not even the fans care about it!

A lipsync concert has little to no beneficial value in terms of reputation enhancement in 2020.

People may have accepted lipsync in the 80s and early 90s but even in 97 people were criticising big stars for doing it. In 2020 it's just not accepted at all.

If they release that show they are only going to invite a whole load of negativity about MJ as a performer and it's likely to do more harm than good IMO. Oh and it's been available on the net for years already. Not even the fans care about it!

This is being done purely because it is easy and will take the least effort. The estate do not care how it will make MJ look.

Agreed. It seems like every time he performed at Wembley, he was slightly more energetic than anywhere else on the tour. Truly special performances.
Collectors label wembley package would be great imo. Queen was able to do that and none of the shows were in HD.

HIStory Munich 1997 Blu-ray release - if that's what's gonna be released - would be the first MJ release I will not want to buy...

Back