Is R. Kelly singing on ''One More Chance''?

Regardless of whatever is being discussed here I want to hop in to say that I love this song. Was it in consideration for Invincible? It's better than anything bar heartbreaker on in Invincible for me

R.Kelly did some pretty crazy crap in his life. not to mention he is guilty with somethings. but i'm not gonna lie. he is a talented singer and i like one more chance.

it's just sad michael did collab with him after all the stuff with him. which some ways make michael look bad.

Michael was pure. he didn't care who you was or what you do he still respected everybody. though i don't think he would agree what R. Kelly did though.

it's just sad michael did collab with him after all the stuff with him. which some ways make michael look bad.
In what way? A lot of popular singers & rappers worked with R. Kelly. He did a remix for Janet Jackson. He had a really popular song on the Space Jam soundtrack, which came out in 1996 after he worked with Mike. So R. Kelly is linked to Bugs Bunny & Looney Tunes and that movie is still aired today. Warners is making a sequel to Space Jam, so that will probably increase the recognition of the 1st movie.

It made him look bad because we know the history of both yeah music is good and all but the facts about them in reality

One More Chance is one of MJ's worst songs imo. And the fact that it came out just after the emergence of the second allegations couldn't have been worse for MJ. It's as if Michael is asking for "One More Chance" from everyone after he was accused of molestation. MJ couldn't have been more unlucky.

Exactly because after this video release he got arrested. :'( poor mike. it's so sad. i still like the song though.

JichaelMackson;4284381 said:
Was it in consideration for Invincible? It's better than anything bar heartbreaker on in Invincible for me

‘One More Chance’ was originally considered for the ‘Invincible’ album, but it was replaced by ‘Cry’ eventually.

DuranDuran;4284389 said:
In what way? A lot of popular singers & rappers worked with R. Kelly. He did a remix for Janet Jackson. He had a really popular song on the Space Jam soundtrack, which came out in 1996 after he worked with Mike. So R. Kelly is linked to Bugs Bunny & Looney Tunes and that movie is still aired today. Warners is making a sequel to Space Jam, so that will probably increase the recognition of the 1st movie.

But even some of these popular singers and rappers who worked with R. Kelly regretted having worked with him.

Remember, for example, the case of the ‘Do What U Want’ song from the American singer Lady Gaga (from her ‘Artpop’ album).

She collaborated with R. Kelly on that song (in 2013) by letting him also sing as a guest vocalist on her song.

When that song was released in 2013, many of her fans did not like the fact that she chose R. Kelly as a guest vocalist on that song (because of R. Kelly’s history of sexual abuse allegations against him).

And in 2019, in the light of R. Kelly’s charges with aggravated criminal sexual abuse, even Lady Gaga herself regretted having recorded that song with him and she even decided to remove that particular song from various streaming services.

mj_frenzy;4284420 said:
‘One More Chance’ was originally considered for the ‘Invincible’ album, but it was replaced by ‘Cry’ eventually.

That has never been confirmed by anyone. If i remember correctly someone, i think it was brad buxer or Michael prince, said that this song was made in 03 and was not made for a studio album.

Exactly because after this video release he got arrested. :'( poor mike. it's so sad. i still like the song though.

The video wasn't finished and wasn't released around that time. It was released years after that stuff happened.

One More Chance is one of MJ's worst songs imo. And the fact that it came out just after the emergence of the second allegations couldn't have been worse for MJ. It's as if Michael is asking for "One More Chance" from everyone after he was accused of molestation. MJ couldn't have been more unlucky.

The news about the police investigation broke (probably on purpose) on the same day as the single release. Even if Michael knew this was coming it was probably out of his hand to stop the single release at that point.

But I agree it was an unlucky title to have out in that situation.

The half-done video (they didn't get to do any front-shots of Michael) was released only many years later on the "Vision" DVD set (2010).

I personally wasn't even aware of the song. It got no airplay and it flopped basically everywhere. I guess most people don't even know the song. I don't think it harmed MJ much at the time. I like this so much more than YANA which is too cringe for me both the lyrics and the video.

I personally wasn't even aware of the song. It got no airplay and it flopped basically everywhere. I guess most people don't even know the song. I don't think it harmed MJ much at the time. I like this so much more than YANA which is too cringe for me both the lyrics and the video.

Got airplay in the UK, a makeshift video aired on music television in the UK regularly and the single was a top 5 hit (as I recall).

Got airplay in the UK, a makeshift video aired on music television in the UK regularly and the single was a top 5 hit (as I recall).

And then it dropped like a stone... A hit must have longevity more than a high peak imo. It's better to have a song peak top 20 if it stays thereabout for 2 , 3 months, then 2 or 3 weeks in the top 20 but a top 5 peak.

And then it dropped like a stone... A hit must have longevity more than a high peak imo. It's better to have a song peak top 20 if it stays thereabout for 2 , 3 months, then 2 or 3 weeks in the top 20 but a top 5 peak.

Songs before the streaming/itunes era didn't stay on the charts for long.

And One More Chance was released literally just after the outbreak of the second molestation allegations. The fact that it reached as high as #5 in a major music market like the UK is an achievement.

charts

song peak top 20 if it stays thereabout for 2 , 3 months, then 2 or 3 weeks in the top 20 but a top 5 peak.
That generally doesn't happen as much in the streaming era. It sometimes does like with Old Town Road by Lil' Nas X & Billy Ray Cyrus which recently broke the record for staying at #1 (19 weeks).

The way the Billboard Hot 100 chart works today, a song does not even have to get any radio airplay to be a hit. Every song from an album can be in the Top 10 or Top 20 at one time (Drake, Taylor Swift). A few years ago Drake & Lil Wayne passed up Elvis Presley's long standing record. Nicki Minaj is just about tied with Elvis. She has the record for female artists on the Hot 100, previously held by Aretha Franklin.

Re: charts

Songs before the streaming/itunes era didn't stay on the charts for long.

And One More Chance was released literally just after the outbreak of the second molestation allegations. The fact that it reached as high as #5 in a major music market like the UK is an achievement.

That's what a big fanbase does, when it drops like a stone after the initial 2 weeks it means the general public has no appetite for the song.

That generally doesn't happen as much in the streaming era. It sometimes does like with Old Town Road by Lil' Nas X & Billy Ray Cyrus which recently broke the record for staying at #1 (19 weeks).

The way the Billboard Hot 100 chart works today, a song does not even have to get any radio airplay to be a hit. Every song from an album can be in the Top 10 or Top 20 at one time (Drake, Taylor Swift). A few years ago Drake & Lil Wayne passed up Elvis Presley's long standing record. Nicki Minaj is just about tied with Elvis. She has the record for female artists on the Hot 100, previously held by Aretha Franklin.

Well thanks for the information but it isn't really relevant.
It was definitely possible for songs before this era to have long chart runs. TDCAU stayed on the charts all over Europe between 20 and 30 weeks. It's still not quite like current times but it is still massive. It was a phenomenal run of 3 smash hits YANA, Earth Song and TDCAU. It felt briefly like the 80s again.

That's what a big fanbase does, when it drops like a stone after the initial 2 weeks it means the general public has no appetite for the song.

Well, it was a song from a greatest hits album, not a lead single from an upcoming album. And it came at a time when MJ's reputation was at all time low. And it's not like OMC is a banger, it's rather average, so it's not a surprise to see it drop like a stone after some initial success.

It can also mean that a song did not get a lot of airplay. If bad publicity prevented radio stations from playing One More Chance, then it would not have any longevity on the charts. Like the Dixie Chicks getting banned from country radio stations after Natalie Maine's George W. Bush comment.

Not fair to say it was a shame MJ ever associated himself with R. Kelly. - Back in 1994/95 when they collaborated on YANA R. Kelly was a big name and no one knew the dirt about him back then.

With that logic you can never work with anyone - becuase you never know what they might do in the future... - or already has done that is not yet discovered.

Back