Coronavirus Thread

Canada’s increasing new cases by the minute already reaching over 5,000 cases already. That son of b:censored: Doug Ford is killing us since we nearly lack health care professionals and already a few of them died from that damned virus. And Trump made everybody so made about he ordered everybody to go to church on Easter, I mean what’s he trying to do? Kill everybody?

PoP;4284958 said:
And Trump made everybody so made about he ordered everybody to go to church on Easter, I mean what’s he trying to do? Kill everybody?
Well the only thing Trump cares about is money and pleasing the ignorant masses who swallow everything he says, no matter how insane, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Anna;4284974 said:
Well the only thing Trump cares about is money and pleasing the ignorant masses who swallow everything he says, no matter how insane, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Every government is like that, always leeching people off and braking countless promises. Speaking of, PM Boris Johnson got positive for the virus and PM Justin Trudeau’s wife made a recovery.

It is now more strict for people to stay in the house in my state. I live in the US. about 163,4793,1465,604 have it and about 3,146 has die. good news though, 5,604 has recover.

in my state about 3,032 has it and 102 has dies. no recovery at all at this time.

Health officials in Belgium say a pet cat appears to have contracted COVID-19 from her owner, though they emphasized human-to-pet transmission seems to be extremely rare.

“Recently, the veterinary medicine faculty in Liège reported that a coronavirus infection has been determined in a cat,” virologist Steven Van Gucht said at a Federal Public Service Health press conference on Friday, The Brussels Times reported. “The cat lived with her owner, who started showing symptoms of the virus a week before the cat did.”

The cat had diarrhea and breathing trouble, and researchers subsequently found the novel coronavirus in her feces. As of Saturday, both cat and owner were reportedly doing well.

“We want to stress that this is an isolated case,” Van Gucht said. “Additionally, in this case, we are talking about a human-to-animal transmission, not the other way around. There are no indications that this is common. The risk of animal-to-human transmission is very small.”
Those sentiments were echoed by Jane Sykes, chief veterinary medical officer at the University of California, Davis. Cats and dogs, she said, may be “dead-end” hosts for the virus, meaning they could become infected but don’t shed enough of the virus to transmit it to humans other animals.

So far, there are no known cases of pets transmitting the virus to people, but there’s not enough data to tell for sure if that’s possible. But generally, “you’re more likely to get infected from another person,” Sykes told HuffPost.

Previously, two dogs in Hong Kong tested positive for the virus and were asymptomatic. At least one of those dogs tested “weakly positive,” leading some experts to believe the dog could be merely carrying traces of the virus in its nose or fur, rather than being truly infected. But Sykes said the levels of virus found in the cat, plus the cat’s symptoms, suggest true infection, but noted that further tests ― like checking to see whether the cat has developed antibodies for the virus ― are needed.
“It’s not really very surprising to hear of an infected cat,” she said, explaining that cats and ferrets were able to contract the similar virus that caused the SARS outbreak in the early 2000s. But there was no evidence of cats transmitting that virus to humans. (She also noted that ferrets became much sicker from the virus than cats did.)

That said, the case of the Belgian cat means pet owners and veterinarians should be on the lookout for any possible symptoms consistent with COVID-19 in cats, dogs and other mammals (especially ferrets), Sykes said. And pet owners who have the illness should take precautions to minimize any risks.

Both the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the American Veterinary Medical Association recommend having another person in your household care for your pets if you are sick with COVID-19, if possible. If that’s not possible, wash your hands before and after interacting with pets; regularly wash their bowls, bedding and toys; and wear a face mask if you can.

If a pet has come into contact with an infected person and you’re worried about exposure from the virus surviving on the animal’s fur, some experts suggest bathing pets with species-appropriate shampoo or wiping them down with soapy cloth and water.

Sykes also stressed the importance of the “human-animal bond” and noted that no one should abandon or euthanize their pets out of fears over COVID-19. And she continues to see it as a good thing that so many people are spending their extra time at home with animal companions.

“That would still be strongly encouraged,” she said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/he...you-shouldnt-panic/ar-BB11QpiV?ocid=bingcovid

It is. that's why it important to stay in the house, wash your hands, and do all the rules they telling us. the more and more we follow the rules. the more this virus can do it's course. some people has recover some good news for that. sadly people has die. but it wasn't their fault for some. if people stay in the house. then less people will get it.

some people are just stupid. either they stupid or just trying to kill themselves. i don't like this virus but i'm not gonna go outside because i want to knowing i can die from it.

i seriously don't get people. some people are just dumb. this virus has and still is teaching me a lot.

Last edited:
NatureCriminal7896;4285168 said:
It is. that's why it important to stay in the house, wash your hands, and do all the rules they telling us. the more and more we follow the rules. the more this virus can do it's course. some people has recover some good news for that. sadly people has die. but it wasn't their fault for some. if people stay in the house. then less people will get it.

some people are just stupid. either they stupid or just trying to kill themselves. i don't like this virus but i'm not gonna go outside because i want to knowing i can die from it.

i seriously don't get people. some people are just dumb. this virus has and still is teaching me a lot.

Well there are more numbers of people recovering from the virus than the number of people dying from it which is good, but sad at the same time. Even people whom are carriers themselves tend to lie to people about where they traveled and don’t even care, like the one my mom told me about an individual in my hometown who just returned home from a trip abroad and he lied repeatedly and walking amuck to infect everybody.

But here’s something to bright everybody up.

[video=youtube;Dn1zc-vzDBM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn1zc-vzDBM[/video]

Aren’t Lisa Loud’s classmates adorable?

Last edited:
Americans were told Tuesday to brace for “very painful” weeks ahead in a worsening coronavirus pandemic projected to claim up to a quarter million US lives, as fatalities spiked in European hotspots Spain, France and Britain.

With more than 42,100 already killed by the disease barrelling around the globe, the United States registered a record 865 deaths in 24 hours — taking its death toll to 3,873.

As field hospitals sprouted in the US outbreak’s epicenter New York City, Trump said he was extending social distancing and stay-at-home orders for another 30 days

“This is going to be a very painful — a very, very painful — two weeks,” the president said at the White House as he described the pandemic as “a plague.”

“I want every American to be prepared for the hard days that lie ahead.”

In a matter of months, the virus has infected more than 857,000 people in a crisis hammering the global economy and transforming the daily existence of some 3.6 billion people told to stay home under lockdowns.

Deaths shot up again across Europe. While there are hopeful signs that the spread of infections is slowing in hardest-hit Italy and Spain, more than 800 died overnight in both countries.

France recorded a one-day record of 499 dead while Britain reported 381 coronavirus deaths.

But members of Trump’s coronavirus task force offered a grim forecast of between 100,000 and 240,000 US deaths in coming months, taking into account current mitigation efforts.

“As sobering a number as that is, we should be prepared for it,” Anthony Fauci, the nation’s top infectious disease expert, said with Trump at his side when asked about the lower figure of 100,000.

But Fauci said mitigation was “actually working” and that authorities are doing everything they can to get the death toll “significantly below that.”

With hospitals direly overstretched, lockdowns have been extended despite their crushing economic impact.

In Belgium a 12-year-old girl died in another worrying case of a youth succumbing to the disease.

France joined the US with a surge to 3,525 deaths, an official toll that includes only those who died in hospital and not those who perished at home or in seniors’ homes.

The inundation of patients has sent health facilities worldwide into overdrive.

Emergency hospitals are popping up in event spaces while distressed medical staff make grim decisions about how to distribute limited protective gear, beds and life-saving respirators.

In scenes previously unimaginable in peacetime, around a dozen white tents were erected to serve as a field hospital in New York’s Central Park.

While many companies and schools around the globe have shifted to teleworking and teaching over video platforms, huge swaths of the world’s workforce cannot perform their jobs online and are now lacking pay and face a deeply uncertain future.

Food banks in New York City have seen a huge rise in newcomers struggling to feed their families.

“It is my first time,” Lina Alba, a cleaner at a Manhattan hotel that closed two weeks ago, said from a food distribution center.
“We need the help now. This is crazy,” said Alba, a 40-year-old single mother of five.

Three quarters of Americans are now under some form of lockdown, while off the Florida coast a coronavirus-stricken cruise ship and its sister vessel are pleading for somewhere to dock after four passengers died on board.

The extraordinary economic and political upheaval spurred by the virus is opening new fronts for cooperation and conflict.

In virtual talks Tuesday, finance ministers and central bankers from the world’s 20 major economies pledged to address the debt burden of low-income countries and deliver aid to emerging markets

Last week G20 leaders said they were injecting $5 trillion into the global economy to head off a feared deep recession.

In the European Union, however, battle lines have been drawn over the terms of a rescue plan.

Worst-hit Italy and Spain are leading a push for a shared debt instrument — dubbed “coronabonds.”

But talk of shared debt is a red line for Germany and other northern countries, threatening to divide the bloc.

European Commission chief Ursula von der Leyen also warned against using emergency measures as a pretext for power grabs — after a new law gave Hungary’s nationalist leader Viktor Orban authority to rule by decree until his government deems the crisis over.

The economic pain of lockdowns is especially acute in the developing world.

In Tunisia several hundred protested a week-old lockdown that has disproportionately impacted the poor.

“Nevermind coronavirus, we’re going to die anyway! Let us work!” shouted one protester in the demonstration on the outskirts of the capital Tunis.

Africa’s biggest city Lagos entered its first full day of a two-week shutdown — containment will be especially tough in the megacity’s packed slums, where many rely on daily wages to survive.

“There is no money for the citizens,” engineer Ogun Nubi Victor, 60.

“People are just sitting at home, with nothing to eat.”

While much of the world shuts down, the ground-zero Chinese city of Wuhan has begun reawakening in recent days, giving the bereaved the first chance in months to bury their dead.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/04/us-braces-for-staggering-virus-death-toll/

A 98-year old lady Mrs Hassanzadeh from Mashhad, northeastern Iran, defeated the potentially deadly coronavirus after 27 days of medical treatment.

Shapour Badiee, MD, told Media that the almost centennial woman was hospitalized on March 5 after she was diagnosed with coronavirus.

Saeedeh Hassanzahed, her daughter, told that Ms. Hassanzedeh had chronicle kidney complications, but the virus had not hurt her kidneys.

Thanking God, she added that with the “indefatigable” efforts of the medical staff of Imam Reza Hospital in Mashhad, her mother defeated the virus and was discharged from hospital.

https://www.suchtv.pk/world/item/95392-98-year-old-iranian-lady-recovers-from-coronavirus.html

China starts to report asymptomatic coronavirus cases

BEIJING, April 1 (Reuters) - Chinese health authorities began on Wednesday reporting on asymptomatic cases of the coronavirus as part of an effort to allay public fears that people could be spreading the virus without knowing they are infected with it.
China, where the coronavirus emerged late last year, has managed to bring its outbreak under control and is easing travel restrictions in virus hot spots.

But there are concerns that the end of lockdowns will see thousands of infectious people move back into daily life without knowing they carry the virus, because they have no symptoms and so have not been tested.
Up to now, the number of known asymptomatic cases has been classified, and it is not included in the official data, though the South China Morning Post newspaper, citing unpublished official documents, recently said it was more than 40,000.

In an effort to dispel public fears about hidden cases of the virus, the government has this week ordered health authorities to turn their attention to finding asymptomatic cases and releasing their data on them.
Health authorities in Liaoning province were the fist to do so on Wednesday, saying the province had 52 cases of people with the coronavirus who showed no symptoms as of March 31, they said in a statement on a provincial government website.
Hunan province said it had four such cases, all of them imported from abroad, it said in a statement on its website.
The National Health Commission is due to start reporting aggregate, national data on asymptomatic cases later on Wednesday.

There is debate among experts about how infectious asymptomatic cases are but the commission has said all cases would be centrally quarantined for 14 days. It said 1,541 people with asymptomatic coronavirus infections were under observation as of the end of Monday.

https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/china-starts-to-report-asymptomatic-coronavirus-cases-2020-04-01

I am a firm believer that everything is a double-sided coin; good on one side and bad on the other. If something is bad, it can only get better. If something is good, we should remind ourselves that too much of a good thing can be bad.

In looking at this period, the coronavirus is bad but there will be good things that come from experiencing it.

Even though disasters in this country do not touch all of us, this will change our perspective everywhere. One of the good things is that people will really understand why we have been warned to save a six-months’ bank account for emergencies — and what an emergency really is.

Closing the borders should cut down on drug trafficking and save lives. Many families will profit from the forced time together. Although some businesses will vanish, others will spring up, just like Battelle’s mask-cleaning invention. Some workers may revaluate the possibility of working from home.

It will be a while before everything is back to normal and for some this experience will change their normal. It is a good time to reevaluate our lifestyles as we realize what is really important to us.

Leslie Smith, Columbus

https://www.dispatch.com/opinion/20200401/letter-lessons-of-coronavirus-will-improve-preparedness

I just want to say that teddy Riley posts has been very very uplifting, and inspiring to me and hopeful as we all go through this . He is over at Instagram . His posts , each one are valuable ,I really appreciated the health information. Look forward to jamming with you Teddy tomorrow whilst we are all in isolation .
If you are on Instagram and need uplifting genuine posts, Request friendship there if you do get the chance people.

https://www.instagram.com/teddyriley1/?hl=en

It was a very happy 104th birthday for World War II veteran William Lapschies on Wednesday.

The Lebanon, Ore., resident celebrated with family members after surviving a recent bout with the coronavirus, according to media reports.

“He is fully recovered. He is very perky – and he is very excited,” daughter Carolee Brown told OregonLive.com.

Photos posted online showed Lapshies at his outdoor birthday bash at the Edward C. Allsworth Veterans’ Home in Lebanon, celebrating with balloons and a large “Happy Birthday” sign – while seated in his wheelchair and wearing a mask.

The party attendees practiced social distancing, except for when some nursing home staffers, who also wore masks, provided some aid to Lapschies.

The festive occasion was a little more subdued than that in 2016, when about 250 people gathered to help Lapschies mark his 100th birthday, OregonLive.com reported.

More than a dozen people linked to the veterans’ home had tested positive for the virus also known as COVID-19, FOX 12 Oregon reported. Two of those affected died, officials told the station.

Oregon also recently saw a 95-year-old veteran in Yamhill County survive the virus.

“I survived the foxholes in Guam, I can get through this bulls—,” Bill Kelly said, according to a Facebook post by his granddaughter, Rose Ayers-Etherington.

https://1010wcsi.com/fox-health/oregon-veteran-survives-coronavirus-celebrates-104th-birthday/

This #TrumpOwnsEveryDeath is trending, I was right about him killing Americans by ignoring protocols, making people eat him up being stupid and order them to go to church for Easter!

Julie Bennett, the actress who famously voiced Cindy Bear in The Yogi Bear Show cartoons, has passed away at the age of 88.
The star died from complications related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) on Tuesday at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, her talent agent and longtime friend, Mark Scroggs, confirmed to PEOPLE.

“She was definitely a personality and a throwback to Hollywood glamour,” Scroggs said in a statement.
Born in New York City on January 24, 1932, Bennett relocated to Los Angeles with her family when she was very young. Bennett attended Beverly Hills High School before returning to New York, finding work onstage as well as in radio soaps and early television dramas.

Bennett later returned to Los Angeles, where she had small roles on Dragnet, Leave It to Beaver, Superman, Gunsmoke and Love, American Style. She also appeared on The Tonight Show, The Sid Caesar Show and multiple Bob Hope comedy specials.

However, the star found her biggest success as a voiceover artist. In addition to voicing Cindy Bear on The Yogi Bear Show and its 1964 spinoff feature film Hey There, It’s Yogi Bear, her vocal talents were featured in to popular cartoons such as The Bullwinkle Show, Mr. Magoo, The Bugs Bunny Show and Spider-Man: The Animated Series

In the early 1990s, Bennett became a personal manager under the name Marianne Daniels. She went on to represent new and established artists for the next 20 years.

Bennett is survived by what she called her “mutually adopted family” — close friends Carol, Nick and Mark Scroggs.
Donations can be made in her name to The Actors’ Fund.

As of Thursday morning, there have been at least 234,483 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the United States, with 5,708 deaths from coronavirus-related illness.

https://news.yahoo.com/yogi-bear-show-voice-actress-211857530.html

pathogen_resistance.png

I did a bass guitar cover to pay attention to covid-19 which includes MJ's speech in the end. Enjoy.

:angry:That jack@$$ Trump orders 3M to stop shipping surgical masks to Canada. First he orders everybody to go to church on Easter and now this!? What’s he trying to do kill everybody? I tell ya Americans are really regretting having that jack@$$ for President and not impeaching and now they got karma for it. I’m sorry for sounding blunt, I was only referring to those who voted and supported Trump. They should not listen to him anymore.:ranting:

[video=youtube;icueeq9I2uY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icueeq9I2uY[/video]

I'm not the one for politics but screw trump! he don't care about anybody but himself and money. people are freaking dying and all you care about darn money. i don't wish death on him but he really don't care about thousands of people lives and die etc. i didn't vote for him at all. i hope he's out of office very soon. screw this guy.

The outbreak at Willow Springs children's residential treatment has grown to 24 children and 11 staff members, according to the Nevada Division of Public and Behavioral Health.

The state continues to investigate the infection control procedures at the 116-bed hospital that provides mental health and addiction services for children.

One staff member at the facility has died.

State health officials are awaiting the results of additional tests to determine the extent of the coronavirus spread at the facility.
Since the outbreak, the hospital has implemented new procedures. It has stopped taking new patients until at least April 15. It has also halted visitation. As staff members arrive, their temperature is screened before they are allowed into work. Patients also have their temperature taken twice a day.

“The health and wellness of our patients and staff is of utmost importance and we are taking this matter seriously and cooperating with the state during their review of our facility," said the Willow Springs' CEO Andrew Herod.

“We have regular monitoring in place and continue to educate our patients about self-precautions. The team is in full cooperation with the State and Health Department, and we will take further steps if necessary to protect everyone’s wellbeing.”

https://www.rgj.com/story/news/2020...willow-springs-childrens-hospital/2946224001/

CDC Now Recommending Americans Wear Face Masks

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is now recommending that people wear cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain.

The CDC said the recommendation applies in public settings where social distancing measures are difficult to maintain, such as in grocery stores and pharmacies, especially in areas of significant community-based transmission.

Maintaining six-feet minimum social distancing remains important to slowing spread of COVID-19. CDC also advises use of simple cloth face coverings to slow the spread of the virus and help people who may have the virus and do not know it from transmitting it to others.

Cloth face coverings fashioned from household items or made at home from common materials at low cost can be used as an additional, voluntary public health measure to help slow the spread of COVID-19.

The cloth face coverings recommended to slow spread of COVID-19 are not surgical masks or N-95 respirators. Those critical supplies must continue to be reserved for healthcare workers and other medical first responders, as recommended by current CDC guidance.

http://www.northescambia.com/2020/04/cdc-now-recommending-americans-wear-face-masks

Fresno woman creates, delivers customized 'quarantine baskets'

FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Fresno woman who wants to bring smiles to families during the coronavirus crisis is making quarantine baskets.

The baskets can be customized to meet the specific hobbies and interests of the person who will be receiving it.

Right now, porch deliveries are available in Fresno and Clovis.

The quarantine baskets include fun activities for kids and more relaxing items for moms and dads.

"They are loving them. It's really fun to get video back. Parents text me videos of their kids opening up the door and finding an M on the doorstep and they kind of freak out. Every day's the same for them so to find a little treat is really nice," says Kayla Adanalian.

Proceeds from the baskets will help families who are staying at the Ronald McDonald house and also pay for material to make more medical masks.

If you want to buy a quarantine, click here for Adanalian's Instagram account.

https://abc30.com/fresno-quarantine-basket-559-baskets-kayla-adanalian/6075676/

https://www.instagram.com/559baskets/

I'm am person with disabilities and introvert i can't wait when things get back to normal. everybody is getting on my nerves though when this all over i'm am kind of gonna miss it because i'm lonely most of the time and have no friends. also how everyone helping out etc.

it's win and lose with both. being disabled sucks sometimes if you don't have the right people with you. i have that i'm just using an example.

NatureCriminal7896;4285414 said:
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is now recommending that people wear cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain.

The CDC said the recommendation applies in public settings where social distancing measures are difficult to maintain, such as in grocery stores and pharmacies, especially in areas of significant community-based transmission.

Maintaining six-feet minimum social distancing remains important to slowing spread of COVID-19. CDC also advises use of simple cloth face coverings to slow the spread of the virus and help people who may have the virus and do not know it from transmitting it to others.

Cloth face coverings fashioned from household items or made at home from common materials at low cost can be used as an additional, voluntary public health measure to help slow the spread of COVID-19.

The cloth face coverings recommended to slow spread of COVID-19 are not surgical masks or N-95 respirators. Those critical supplies must continue to be reserved for healthcare workers and other medical first responders, as recommended by current CDC guidance.

http://www.northescambia.com/2020/04/cdc-now-recommending-americans-wear-face-masks

So are they taking Trumps side? Nope. I’m not gonna listen to them, they’re just as stupid, why didn’t they say that to begin with? Surgical mask is our option we got and now you tell us we can’t use em’? F:censored:k you CDC!!! You’re just as responsible as Trump!

Re: CDC Now Recommending Americans Wear Face Masks

If i see one more thing bout this im gonna go nuytz!

Back