Coronavirus Thread

Something to make you smile. ;)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Choosing your quarantine character &#55356;&#57214;&#55357;&#56399;&#55357;&#56834;<br><br> <a href="https://t.co/tgsQfH1ZIZ">pic.twitter.com/tgsQfH1ZIZ</a></p>&mdash; Danielle Baskin (@djbaskin) <a href="https://twitter.com/djbaskin/status/1246637822959693825?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 5, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

PoP;4285449 said:
So are they taking Trumps side? Nope. I&#8217;m not gonna listen to them, they&#8217;re just as stupid, why didn&#8217;t they say that to begin with? Surgical mask is our option we got and now you tell us we can&#8217;t use em&#8217;? F:censored:k you CDC!!! You&#8217;re just as responsible as Trump!

I believe they trying to kill us all. if anyone dies trump should be arrested for murder.

8701girl;4285501 said:
If i see one more thing bout this im gonna go nuytz!

I&#8217;d flip out if anybody tells me what to fricking do, I was this close to flipping out at Foodland. I can&#8217;t take it anymore. That&#8217;s why I&#8217;m not going for essentials Friday.

NatureCriminal7896;4285574 said:
I believe they trying to kill us all. if anyone dies trump should be arrested for murder.

Don&#8217;t listen to them next time. Cause I ain&#8217;t anymore, even I ain&#8217;t gonna keep listening to my mother any longer.

Bronx Zoo Tiger Tests Positive for Coronavirus

A tiger at the Bronx Zoo has tested positive for the new coronavirus, according to officials.

Six other tigers and lions at the zoo are also showing symptoms.

Zoo officials say the animals developed a dry cough and experienced some decrease in appetite.

The zoo confirms the cats were infected by a person caring for them who was asymptomatic or before that person developed symptoms.

They say appropriate preventive measures are now in place for all staff who are caring for the animals.
The cats are doing well under veterinary care and are expected to recover, according to officials.

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/news/2020/04/06/bronx-zoo-tiger-tests-positive-for-coronavirus

St. Louis city buildings being sprayed to prevent Coronavirus

A worker from Woodard Cleaning Services sprays a map of the St. Louis region while performing Pathogen Control, dressed in protective gear at the St. Louis Fire Department Headquarters building in St. Louis on Sunday, April 5, 2020. Due to Coronavirus fears, every St. Louis City building is being sprayed with a disinfective solution every three weeks.

https://www.upi.com/News_Photos/vie...ildings-being-sprayed-to-prevent-Coronavirus/

COLUMBUS, OH &#8212; In a slight change in guidance, Ohio officials are now urging residents to don cloth masks when venturing into public. The recommendation comes after the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said cloth masks could help slow the spread of the new coronavirus in crowded areas.

"In many cultures around the world, wearing a mask is just part of the culture - it is a socially accepted act of kindness," said Governor Mike DeWine. "Wearing a mask should not scare people. It is a good thing. It is a considerate thing. It is a courageous thing."

To be clear, wearing a cloth mask will not prevent a person from contracting COVID-19, state officials said. However, the mask could prevent an infected person from spreading the virus to others.

Wearing a cloth mask in public is not mandatory, state officials said, but it is recommended. The masks should not replace social distancing measures.

Medical supply masks, like the much talked about N95 respirator, should be preserved for health care workers.

How to Make a Cloth Mask

The CDC shared tips on how to make a sewn-together cloth face cover.

Cut two 10 inch by 6 inch rectangles from cotton fabric

Try to use tightly woven cotton (ie quilting fabric)

Stack the two rectangles &#8212; you're going to sew the mask as it were one piece of fabric
Fold the long sides .25 inch and hem

Fold the double layer of fabric over .5 inch along the short sides and then stitch down

Run a 6 inch length of elastic through the wider hem on each side of the mask

These will be the ear loops you use to secure the mask around your face

If you don't have elastic, try using a hair tie or elastic hair band

Use a large needle or bobby pin to thread the elastic

Tie the ends tight

Pull the elastic so the knots tuck inside the hem

Gather the mask around your face and make sure it snugly cover your nose and mouth

Stitch the elastic in place to keep it from slipping

More instruction on how to make a cloth face mask can be found on the CDC's website.

How to Wear a Cloth Mask

According to the CDC, a cloth mask should:

Fit tightly around one's face

Be secured with loops around the ears, or ties on the back of the head

Include multiple layers of fabric

Allow for breathing (don't restrict your own breathing!)

Be laundry washable

https://news.yahoo.com/coroanvirus-protection-cloth-face-mask-142904540.html

Drive-thru coronavirus testing coming to southern Palm Beach County

Drive-thru coronavirus testing is coming to southern Palm Beach County.

Testing will begin Tuesday at 8 a.m. at the South County Civic Center on Jog Road.

The Cleveland Clinic will start taking appointments for testing at that location via telephone beginning Monday at 10 a.m.
To make an appointment, call 561-804-0250.

Pre-approval and appointments are required for anyone wanting to be tested.

Screening criteria will include presence of symptoms, exposures and risk factors.

Beginning Tuesday, the phone line will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. seven days a week.

After Tuesday's opening, testing will be available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Saturday from 8 a.m. to noon.
This will be the second testing location in Palm Beach County. A

testing site at the FITTEAM Ballpark of the Palm Beaches

has been operational since last Tuesday.

https://www.wflx.com/2020/04/05/drive-thru-coronavirus-testing-coming-southern-palm-beach-county/

Pink detailed her “rollercoaster” battle with coronavirus in an Instagram Live chat with author Jen Pastiloff on Saturday, April 4.

The “Beautiful Trauma” singer, 40, revealed a day earlier that she and her 3-year-old son, Jameson, tested positive for COVID-19 but have since recovered but aren’t feeling 100 percent yet.

In the conversation with her friend Pastiloff on Saturday to help raise funds to feed people in need through onbeinghuman2020.com, Pink, who shares Jameson and daughter Willow, 8, with husband Carey Hart, admitted that her son suffered “the worst of it” and has been “up and down.”

“Jameson has been really, really sick,” she said. “I’ve kept a journal of his symptoms for the past three weeks and mine as well. He still, three weeks later, has a 100 temperature. It’s been a different rollercoaster for both of us, but Carey and Willow have been perfectly fine.”

She said seeing her little boy so ill with fevers and stomach issues was “scary.”

“There were many nights when I’ve cried and I’ve never prayed more in my life,” she said. “It’s funny, but at one point, I thought they promised us our kids would be OK. It’s not guaranteed. There is no one that is safe from this.”

The coronavirus, which originated in China at the end of last year, has now spread across the world, with more than 1.2 million people testing positive. Over 9,300 people have died in the U.S. from the deadly virus.

While she and Jameson are improving and have since tested negative, they haven’t fully recovered.

“We’re better than we were. Last week I was on nebulizers [for breathing therapy]. I have asthma really bad, had it for my whole life. It got really, really scary. I’m not gonna lie,” Pink said. “In the beginning, all we were hearing was ‘If you’re young, this is 65 and older, thank god our kids are fine.’”

She added that she hoped they “are out of the woods but this thing is a rollercoaster. Just when you think you’re better, something else happens.”

Pink revealed her diagnosis in an Instagram post on Friday that showed her and Jameson in a pumpkin patch.

“Two weeks ago my three-year old son, Jameson, and I were showing symptoms of COVID-19. Fortunately, our primary care physician had access to tests and I tested positive,” she wrote. “My family was already sheltering at home and continued to do so for the last two weeks following the instruction of our doctor. Just a few days ago, we were re-tested and are now thankfully negative.”

The “Just Give Me a Reason” singer added that she is donating $1 million to coronavirus relief efforts, pledging half of that amount to the Temple University Hospital Emergency Fund in Philadelphia, in honor of her mother, Judy Moore, who worked at the facility for 18 years. The remainder is going to the Los Angeles Mayor’s Emergency COVID-19 crisis fund.

“It is an absolute travesty and failure of our government to not make testing more widely accessible,” she wrote. “This illness is serious and real. People need to know that the illness affects the young and old, healthy and unhealthy, rich and poor, and we must make testing free and more widely accessible to protect our children, our families, our friends and our communities.”

Pink also revealed in her Instagram Live chat on Saturday that her daughter, Willow, is donating all of the money she earned while working backstage on her mom’s tour to the hospital where her grandmother worked.

“She gave me all her tour money,” Pink said. “I started crying and then she got mad at me for crying because apparently I cry too much. I’m so proud of her in this moment … our kids are so aware and so rad and resilient and amazing and they’re gonna heal the world. I’m so proud of my children. I’m so proud of all of our children right now.”

https://www.msn.com/en-au/entertain...-while-battling-scary-coronavirus/ar-BB12cj9Q

NatureCriminal7896;4285588 said:
Pink detailed her &#8220;rollercoaster&#8221; battle with coronavirus in an Instagram Live chat with author Jen Pastiloff on Saturday, April 4.

The &#8220;Beautiful Trauma&#8221; singer, 40, revealed a day earlier that she and her 3-year-old son, Jameson, tested positive for COVID-19 but have since recovered but aren&#8217;t feeling 100 percent yet.

In the conversation with her friend Pastiloff on Saturday to help raise funds to feed people in need through onbeinghuman2020.com, Pink, who shares Jameson and daughter Willow, 8, with husband Carey Hart, admitted that her son suffered &#8220;the worst of it&#8221; and has been &#8220;up and down.&#8221;

&#8220;Jameson has been really, really sick,&#8221; she said. &#8220;I&#8217;ve kept a journal of his symptoms for the past three weeks and mine as well. He still, three weeks later, has a 100 temperature. It&#8217;s been a different rollercoaster for both of us, but Carey and Willow have been perfectly fine.&#8221;

She said seeing her little boy so ill with fevers and stomach issues was &#8220;scary.&#8221;

&#8220;There were many nights when I&#8217;ve cried and I&#8217;ve never prayed more in my life,&#8221; she said. &#8220;It&#8217;s funny, but at one point, I thought they promised us our kids would be OK. It&#8217;s not guaranteed. There is no one that is safe from this.&#8221;

The coronavirus, which originated in China at the end of last year, has now spread across the world, with more than 1.2 million people testing positive. Over 9,300 people have died in the U.S. from the deadly virus.

While she and Jameson are improving and have since tested negative, they haven&#8217;t fully recovered.

&#8220;We&#8217;re better than we were. Last week I was on nebulizers [for breathing therapy]. I have asthma really bad, had it for my whole life. It got really, really scary. I&#8217;m not gonna lie,&#8221; Pink said. &#8220;In the beginning, all we were hearing was &#8216;If you&#8217;re young, this is 65 and older, thank god our kids are fine.&#8217;&#8221;

She added that she hoped they &#8220;are out of the woods but this thing is a rollercoaster. Just when you think you&#8217;re better, something else happens.&#8221;

Pink revealed her diagnosis in an Instagram post on Friday that showed her and Jameson in a pumpkin patch.

&#8220;Two weeks ago my three-year old son, Jameson, and I were showing symptoms of COVID-19. Fortunately, our primary care physician had access to tests and I tested positive,&#8221; she wrote. &#8220;My family was already sheltering at home and continued to do so for the last two weeks following the instruction of our doctor. Just a few days ago, we were re-tested and are now thankfully negative.&#8221;

The &#8220;Just Give Me a Reason&#8221; singer added that she is donating $1 million to coronavirus relief efforts, pledging half of that amount to the Temple University Hospital Emergency Fund in Philadelphia, in honor of her mother, Judy Moore, who worked at the facility for 18 years. The remainder is going to the Los Angeles Mayor&#8217;s Emergency COVID-19 crisis fund.

&#8220;It is an absolute travesty and failure of our government to not make testing more widely accessible,&#8221; she wrote. &#8220;This illness is serious and real. People need to know that the illness affects the young and old, healthy and unhealthy, rich and poor, and we must make testing free and more widely accessible to protect our children, our families, our friends and our communities.&#8221;

Pink also revealed in her Instagram Live chat on Saturday that her daughter, Willow, is donating all of the money she earned while working backstage on her mom&#8217;s tour to the hospital where her grandmother worked.

&#8220;She gave me all her tour money,&#8221; Pink said. &#8220;I started crying and then she got mad at me for crying because apparently I cry too much. I&#8217;m so proud of her in this moment &#8230; our kids are so aware and so rad and resilient and amazing and they&#8217;re gonna heal the world. I&#8217;m so proud of my children. I&#8217;m so proud of all of our children right now.&#8221;

https://www.msn.com/en-au/entertain...-while-battling-scary-coronavirus/ar-BB12cj9Q

Prayers to PiNK. i hope she will get better and recover from the virus and will be healed.

NatureCriminal7896;4285583 said:
COLUMBUS, OH &#8212; In a slight change in guidance, Ohio officials are now urging residents to don cloth masks when venturing into public. The recommendation comes after the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said cloth masks could help slow the spread of the new coronavirus in crowded areas.

"In many cultures around the world, wearing a mask is just part of the culture - it is a socially accepted act of kindness," said Governor Mike DeWine. "Wearing a mask should not scare people. It is a good thing. It is a considerate thing. It is a courageous thing."

To be clear, wearing a cloth mask will not prevent a person from contracting COVID-19, state officials said. However, the mask could prevent an infected person from spreading the virus to others.

Wearing a cloth mask in public is not mandatory, state officials said, but it is recommended. The masks should not replace social distancing measures.

Medical supply masks, like the much talked about N95 respirator, should be preserved for health care workers.

How to Make a Cloth Mask

The CDC shared tips on how to make a sewn-together cloth face cover.

Cut two 10 inch by 6 inch rectangles from cotton fabric

Try to use tightly woven cotton (ie quilting fabric)

Stack the two rectangles &#8212; you're going to sew the mask as it were one piece of fabric
Fold the long sides .25 inch and hem

Fold the double layer of fabric over .5 inch along the short sides and then stitch down

Run a 6 inch length of elastic through the wider hem on each side of the mask

These will be the ear loops you use to secure the mask around your face

If you don't have elastic, try using a hair tie or elastic hair band

Use a large needle or bobby pin to thread the elastic

Tie the ends tight

Pull the elastic so the knots tuck inside the hem

Gather the mask around your face and make sure it snugly cover your nose and mouth

Stitch the elastic in place to keep it from slipping

More instruction on how to make a cloth face mask can be found on the CDC's website.

How to Wear a Cloth Mask

According to the CDC, a cloth mask should:

Fit tightly around one's face

Be secured with loops around the ears, or ties on the back of the head

Include multiple layers of fabric

Allow for breathing (don't restrict your own breathing!)

Be laundry washable

https://news.yahoo.com/coroanvirus-protection-cloth-face-mask-142904540.html

I like to have a cloth mask made, I&#8217;d go for black. But wait, what Michael&#8217;s satire mask? Would that count? I mean is satire even washable?

NatureCriminal7896;4285588 said:
Pink detailed her &#8220;rollercoaster&#8221; battle with coronavirus in an Instagram Live chat with author Jen Pastiloff on Saturday, April 4.

The &#8220;Beautiful Trauma&#8221; singer, 40, revealed a day earlier that she and her 3-year-old son, Jameson, tested positive for COVID-19 but have since recovered but aren&#8217;t feeling 100 percent yet.

In the conversation with her friend Pastiloff on Saturday to help raise funds to feed people in need through onbeinghuman2020.com, Pink, who shares Jameson and daughter Willow, 8, with husband Carey Hart, admitted that her son suffered &#8220;the worst of it&#8221; and has been &#8220;up and down.&#8221;

&#8220;Jameson has been really, really sick,&#8221; she said. &#8220;I&#8217;ve kept a journal of his symptoms for the past three weeks and mine as well. He still, three weeks later, has a 100 temperature. It&#8217;s been a different rollercoaster for both of us, but Carey and Willow have been perfectly fine.&#8221;

She said seeing her little boy so ill with fevers and stomach issues was &#8220;scary.&#8221;

&#8220;There were many nights when I&#8217;ve cried and I&#8217;ve never prayed more in my life,&#8221; she said. &#8220;It&#8217;s funny, but at one point, I thought they promised us our kids would be OK. It&#8217;s not guaranteed. There is no one that is safe from this.&#8221;

While she and Jameson are improving and have since tested negative, they haven&#8217;t fully recovered.

&#8220;We&#8217;re better than we were. Last week I was on nebulizers [for breathing therapy]. I have asthma really bad, had it for my whole life. It got really, really scary. I&#8217;m not gonna lie,&#8221; Pink said. &#8220;In the beginning, all we were hearing was &#8216;If you&#8217;re young, this is 65 and older, thank god our kids are fine.&#8217;&#8221;

She added that she hoped they &#8220;are out of the woods but this thing is a rollercoaster. Just when you think you&#8217;re better, something else happens.&#8221;

&#8220;Two weeks ago my three-year old son, Jameson, and I were showing symptoms of COVID-19. Fortunately, our primary care physician had access to tests and I tested positive,&#8221; she wrote. &#8220;My family was already sheltering at home and continued to do so for the last two weeks following the instruction of our doctor. Just a few days ago, we were re-tested and are now thankfully negative.&#8221;

The &#8220;Just Give Me a Reason&#8221; singer added that she is donating $1 million to coronavirus relief efforts, pledging half of that amount to the Temple University Hospital Emergency Fund in Philadelphia, in honor of her mother, Judy Moore, who worked at the facility for 18 years. The remainder is going to the Los Angeles Mayor&#8217;s Emergency COVID-19 crisis fund.

&#8220;It is an absolute travesty and failure of our government to not make testing more widely accessible,&#8221; she wrote. &#8220;This illness is serious and real. People need to know that the illness affects the young and old, healthy and unhealthy, rich and poor, and we must make testing free and more widely accessible to protect our children, our families, our friends and our communities.&#8221;

Pink also revealed in her Instagram Live chat on Saturday that her daughter, Willow, is donating all of the money she earned while working backstage on her mom&#8217;s tour to the hospital where her grandmother worked.

&#8220;She gave me all her tour money,&#8221; Pink said. &#8220;I started crying and then she got mad at me for crying because apparently I cry too much. I&#8217;m so proud of her in this moment &#8230; our kids are so aware and so rad and resilient and amazing and they&#8217;re gonna heal the world. I&#8217;m so proud of my children. I&#8217;m so proud of all of our children right now.&#8221;

Fight the virus Pink and you&#8217;ll beat it. We&#8217;re pulling for ya.

PoP;4285577 said:
I&#8217;d flip out if anybody tells me what to fricking do, I was this close to flipping out at Foodland. I can&#8217;t take it anymore. That&#8217;s why I&#8217;m not going for essentials Friday.

Don&#8217;t listen to them next time. Cause I ain&#8217;t anymore, even I ain&#8217;t gonna keep listening to my mother any longer.

What's foodland?

8701girl;4285665 said:
What's foodland?

COM-A00-15082018-Bay-Roberts-Foodland-SUB_large.jpg

That Foodland.

My dad&#8217;s self isolating at the camp, he went to the hospital and he was advised to self isolate from us because he works as a nurse at the jail and one of the inmates already got positive for the virus. My dad got asthma for as long as I can remember and it&#8217;s bad for people like in his condition to get virus and will take longer to fight and recover from it. So he&#8217;ll be out for 2 weeks at least.

PoP;4285695 said:
COM-A00-15082018-Bay-Roberts-Foodland-SUB_large.jpg

That Foodland.

My dad&#8217;s self isolating at the camp, he went to the hospital and he was advised to self isolate from us because he works as a nurse at the jail and one of the inmates already got positive for the virus. My dad got asthma for as long as I can remember and it&#8217;s bad for people like in his condition to get virus and will take longer to fight and recover from it. So he&#8217;ll be out for 2 weeks at least.

I have asthma too. yea. they telling people with any medical problems to stay at home because it's very risky for us.

ScreenOrigami;4285528 said:
Something to make you smile. ;)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Choosing your quarantine character &#65533;&#65533;&#65533;&#65533;&#65533;&#65533;<br><br> <a href="https://t.co/tgsQfH1ZIZ">pic.twitter.com/tgsQfH1ZIZ</a></p>&#8212; Danielle Baskin (@djbaskin) <a href="https://twitter.com/djbaskin/status/1246637822959693825?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 5, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This is very, very clever. I think I'm the one with the paint can and roller in my hands. Lmao. I know that the pandemic is not really a laughing matter, but there are so many funny and clever people out there, doing their best to cheer everyone up a little bit. If there is an upside to all of this, at all, it's that the human race seems to be united as one, to fight the virus and that has NOT happened in a very, very long time.....perhaps not ever. The downturn in global activity is having positive effects on the environment, as well. Perhaps people leading a "dialed back" existence can learn to find their zen.

I think this virus is teaching us a lot. i think the human race will change more. though we will still have a few bad apples like we do now during it. it's kind of sad a virus took us to change etc.

An Illinois man who feared he and his girlfriend had contracted coronavirus fatally shot the woman before turning the gun on himself last Thursday night, authorities said.

Patrick Jesernik, 54, and 59-year-old Cheryl Schriefer — who both eventually tested negative for the virus — were found by authorities inside their Lockport Township home, according to the sheriff’s office in Will County, Illinois.

The pair, who were found in separate rooms, both had gunshot wounds to the head.

A revolver carrying three live rounds was found next to Jesernik. Two spent shell casings were also found nearby, authorities said.

Jesernik’s parents had asked police to conduct a welfare check after not hearing from their son, the report said.

Two days before the murder-suicide, Schriefer was tested for the virus as she was having difficultly breathing, family members told investigators.

Jesernik believed the two were suffering from the bug, according to family.

Last Friday, an autopsy was performed on both of them and they tested negative for the coronavirus, authorities said.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/07/illinois-couple-dead-after-man-feared-they-had-covid-19/

Some steroid medications may raise coronavirus risk

People taking a certain class of steroids for inflammatory conditions such as asthma, allergies and arthritis may be at increased risk from the new coronavirus, experts say.

Glucocorticoid medications suppress the immune system, so people taking them may not be able to fight off the coronavirus, according to an editorial published online March 31 in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism.

These people may also have more severe illness if they're infected by the new coronavirus because glucocorticoids suppress the body's own steroid response to infection, the authors said.

People with primary adrenal insufficiency (Addison's disease) and secondary adrenal insufficiency occurring in hypopituitarism should also take extra precautions, said the authors, journal Editor-in-Chief Dr. Paul Stewart, from the University of Leeds, England, and deputy editors Dr. Ursula Kaiser, from Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston, and Dr. Raghavendra Mirmira, from the University of Chicago.

If patients develop symptoms such as a dry continuous cough and fever, they should double their oral glucocorticoid dose immediately and continue doing so until the fever has subsided, the authors said. They'll require injectable glucocorticoid treatment if their condition worsens, according to their editorial examining the coronavirus pandemic's impact on endocrine patients.

People with diabetes who contract COVID-19 also appear to be at risk of more severe illness than those without diabetes, the authors wrote.

Research from Wuhan, China, found COVID-19 patients with diabetes and high blood pressure were at increased risk for severe illness and death.

"In our professional lives, we have not witnessed a health care crisis of this magnitude and severity," Stewart and colleagues wrote.

They noted that researchers have made progress in learning how the new coronavirus enters cells and spread from one person to another, and some have made preliminary findings on how the coronavirus interacts with the endocrine system.

"Endocrine-related targets are at the forefront of discovery science as we collectively tackle this pandemic," the authors wrote in a journal news release.

https://www.upi.com/Health_News/202...ons-may-raise-coronavirus-risk/9121586229139/

Here's how to make a homemade coronavirus COVID-19 mask in 35 seconds

Stop the spread of the coronavirus COVID-19 by wearing this homemade mask created in just 45 seconds

The United States Surgeon General has recently released a video on the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) YouTube Channel detailing how American's can make a homemade mask in just 35 seconds. This video has come after the CDC, and the US Surgeon General has recommended everyone to wear face masks or a cloth covering if they decide to leave their home and go outside.

The video details that a face covering can be created out of many things such as an old t-shirt, bandanna, or basically anything cloth. According to the CDC, these makeshift masks can help hinder the spread of COVID-19, so here's how to make them. You will need the following items: two rubber bands, an old t-shirt (or any other piece of cloth that can be folded), and 35 seconds of your time. Follow the above instructions from the Surgeon General, and you will have created your face covering.

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/7167...avirus-covid-19-mask-in-35-seconds/index.html

Last edited:
Mikky Dee;4285725 said:
This is very, very clever. I think I'm the one with the paint can and roller in my hands. Lmao. I know that the pandemic is not really a laughing matter, but there are so many funny and clever people out there, doing their best to cheer everyone up a little bit. If there is an upside to all of this, at all, it's that the human race seems to be united as one, to fight the virus and that has NOT happened in a very, very long time.....perhaps not ever. The downturn in global activity is having positive effects on the environment, as well. Perhaps people leading a "dialed back" existence can learn to find their zen.

Exactly. I love the humorous ways people find to encourage others to stay at home. Staying at home is the single most important thing we can do to help others, especially those who can&#8217;t stay at home because they&#8217;re working at the frontline, running the hospitals, grocery stores and everything else. Stay at home and find reasons to smile and things that uplift the spirit. And stay healthy as best as we can to not further complicate the situation in hospitals because we show up with a broken leg or something. :)

Harry Potter series author J.K Rowling revealed on Monday that she had all the symptoms of the novel coronavirus for the past 2 weeks even though she didn’t get tested. She took to announce this on her Twitter handle. Despite this she said, she recovered without any treatment or tests by following her doctor husband Neil Murray to manage her symptoms. She even shared a video of the breathing technique that she said worked miracles on her symptoms as nothing else had. The video is of a doctor from Queens hospital demonstrating a breathing technique that’ll help you clear your respiratory organs.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Please watch this doc from Queens Hospital explain how to relieve respiratory symptoms. For last 2 weeks I&#39;ve had all symptoms of C19 (tho haven&#39;t been tested) &amp; did this on doc husband&#39;s advice. I&#39;m fully recovered &amp; technique helped a lot.<a href="https://t.co/xo8AansUvc">https://t.co/xo8AansUvc</a> via <a href="https://twitter.com/YouTube?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@YouTube</a></p>&mdash; J.K. Rowling (@jk_rowling) <a href="https://twitter.com/jk_rowling/status/1247121896082157568?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 6, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

As you can imagine, there were many who were concerned for the author’s health and send in their concerns and good wishes. She took to Twitter again to calm her fans and said that she has completely recovered and asked people to try out the said method saying that it has no side effects and it’s worth a try.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Thank you for your kind and lovely messages! I really am completely recovered and wanted to share a technique that’s recommended by doctors, costs nothing, has no nasty side effects but could help you/your loved ones a lot, as it did me. Stay safe, everyone x</p>&mdash; J.K. Rowling (@jk_rowling) <a href="https://twitter.com/jk_rowling/status/1247155118300000257?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 6, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

As Jo said, it couldn’t hurt to try it, right? We’re glad she is feeling better now. The author recently launched a new website called Harry Potter At Home to help engage children while they’re at home. Harry Potter spin-off book, The Tales Of Beedle The Bard has also been turned into audiobook recently and is available on audible. She also has the third installment of the Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them coming up in 2021. The production of the movie was put on hold due to the pandemic.

https://www.missmalini.com/2020/04/...mptoms-of-covid-19-but-now-she-has-recovered/

TOLEDO, Ohio — So many people have questions about the coronavirus and with news of a tiger in New York testing positive, pet owners want to know if their furry friends are in danger.

Can my pet get COVID-19 from me or any other human?

In short, no.

The CDC says there's no evidence to suggest we can spread the virus to our pets, or that they can spread it to us.

There haven't been any pets to test positive for COVID-19 in the United States to this point.

The AMVA says there are two dogs and two cats outside the U.S. who tested positive after living with infected people, but that's it around the world.

Should I care for my pets differently during the pandemic?

The AMVA says, if you're not infected, keep caring for them the same.

The CDC says if you are sick with COVID-19, don't isolate with your pets. You can drop them off with a healthy family member or friend.

Regardless, try to limit contact between strangers and your pets.

Pets aside, can COVID-19 spread to wild animals?

Yes, sometimes, the CDC says.

A tiger at the Bronx Zoo in New York was the first U.S. animal case and the CDC says it's still learning about this virus, but it looks like it can spread from people to animals in some cases.

https://www.wtol.com/article/news/v...d-19/512-4933d720-dfd3-4f54-9727-6655f124b6cc

ROME (AP) &#8212; To recover from the coronavirus, as she did, Ada Zanusso recommends courage and faith, the same qualities that have served her well in her nearly 104 years.

Italy, along with neighboring France, has Europe&#8217;s largest population of what has been dubbed the &#8220;super old" &#8212; people who are at least 100. As the nation with the world&#8217;s highest number of COVID-19 deaths, Italy is looking to its super-old survivors for inspiration.

&#8220;I&#8217;m well, I&#8217;m well,&#8221; Zanusso said Tuesday during a video call with The Associated Press from the Maria Grazia Residence for the elderly in Lessona, a town in the northern region of Piedmont. &#8220;I watch TV, read the newspapers.

Zanusso wore a protective mask, as did her family doctor of 35 years beside her, Carla Furno Marchese, who also donned eyewear and a gown that covered her head.

Asked about her illness, Zanusso is modest: &#8220;I had some fever.&#8221;

Her doctor said Zanusso was in bed for a week.

&#8220;We hydrated her because she wasn&#8217;t eating, and then we thought she wasn&#8217;t going to make it because she was always drowsy and not reacting,&#8221; Furno Marchese said.

&#8220;One day she opened her eyes again and resumed doing what she used to before,&#8221; Furno Marchese said. The doctor recalled when Zanusso was able to sit up, then managed to get out of bed.

What helped her get through the illness? &#8220;Courage and strength, faith," Zanusso said. It worked for her, so she advises others who fall ill to also &#8220;give yourself courage, have faith.&#8221;

COVID-19 can cause mild or moderate symptoms, and most of those who are infected recover. But the elderly and those with existing health problems can be at high risk for more serious illness.

The virus has killed nearly 18,000 people in Italy and over 88,000 worldwide. The World Health Organization says 95% of those who have died in Europe were over 60 years old.

Under Italy&#8217;s five-week-long lockdown, which is aimed at containing the spread of infections that have overwhelmed hospitals, visitors aren&#8217;t allowed at homes for the elderly.

Her doctor asked Zanusso what she would like to do when &#8220;they open the doors.&#8221;

&#8220;I&#8217;d like to take a lovely walk,&#8221; she replied. And your three great-grandchildren? &#8220;Watch them play together.&#8221;
Deaths, hospitalizations and new infections are leveling off in Italy, and Premier Giuseppe Conte is expected to announce in the coming days how long the lockdown will remain in place, with expectations that some restrictions could be eased.

For now, Zanusso is isolated from other residents as she awaits a follow-up swab test to confirm she is negative for the virus.
She grew up in Treviso, in the northeastern Veneto region, where she worked for many years in the textile industry.

Zanusso, who turns 104 on Aug. 16, had four children &#8212; three of whom are living &#8212; and has four grandchildren and three great-grandchildren.

&#8220;She&#8217;s old, but healthy, with no chronic illness,&#8217;&#8217; her doctor said.

This week, Milan newspaper Corriere della Sera devoted an entire page to the stories of super-old survivors, called &#8220;healing at 100 years old.&#8221; The inspirational portraits are a counterpoint to news of large numbers of deaths among elderly people living in Italian nursing homes and other assisted-living facilities.

Of the victims, most elderly weren&#8217;t tested for COVID-19 if they died in nursing homes, so the numbers don&#8217;t figure into Italy&#8217;s overall coronavirus death toll, which is the highest in the world.

Medical staff &#8220;went through a very hard time,&#8217;&#8217; said Furno Marchese, the doctor. &#8220;It was a great emergency with so many residents ill, so to see a positive outcome was very rewarding, not only for me, but for all the people who worked hard here nonstop."

Outside the nonprofit, 61-bed Maria Grazia Residence, the Italian flag flies at half-staff in tribute to those who died of the virus.

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/a...-italian-says-courage-faith-helped-beat-virus

Last edited:
Free PDF download, available in 9 languages (at the time of this post). :)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&#65533;&#65533; A new story book &#8220;My Hero is You, How kids can fight COVID-19!&#8221; - aimed at children aged 6-11 years old, is released today to help children understand and come to terms with <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/COVID19?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#COVID19</a> <a href="https://t.co/L23wN2LZwB">https://t.co/L23wN2LZwB</a><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/coronavirus?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#coronavirus</a> <a href="https://t.co/HDC5aAsHna">pic.twitter.com/HDC5aAsHna</a></p>&mdash; World Health Organization (WHO) (@WHO) <a href="https://twitter.com/WHO/status/1248163387747557376?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 9, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Link to download page: https://www.who.int/news-room/detail/09-04-2020-children-s-story-book-released-to-help-children-and-young-people-cope-with-covid-19

All available languages: https://interagencystandingcommittee.org/iasc-reference-group-mental-health-and-psychosocial-support-emergency-settings/my-hero-you

(CNN) — Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis falsely claimed Thursday that the novel coronavirus hasn’t killed anyone under 25 nationwide while discussing a timeline for reopening schools in the state.

“This particular pandemic is one where, I don’t think nationwide there’s been a single fatality under 25. For whatever reason it just doesn’t seem to threaten, you know, kids,” DeSantis said at an educators’ meeting to discuss distance learning.
“And we lose in Florida between five and 10 kids a year for the flu. This one, for whatever reason, much more dangerous if you’re 65 and plus than the flu, no doubt about that, if you’re younger it just hasn’t had an impact. So that should factor into how we’re viewing this.”

“I think the data on that has been 100% consistent,” he continued. “I’ve not seen any deviation on that.”
In reality, the CDC reports on its website that four people between the ages of 15 and 24 and one person between the ages of one and four have died. CNN has also reported on the death of a newborn in Connecticut on April 1 and an infant in Illinois last month whose death is being investigated as possibly caused by the virus.
Young people can also serve as carriers of the virus, transmitting to the elderly and people with underlying conditions — those most at risk.

CNN has reached out to the governor’s office for comment.

While there are no reported deaths of victims under the age of 25 in Florida, the state has been hit hard by the virus. More than 16,000 people in the state have tested positive for the virus, with 354 people having already died.

https://www.wishtv.com/news/nationa...the-coronavirus-hasnt-killed-anyone-under-25/

Back