Things That You Believe Weren't Necessary/Didn't Add Value to MJ's Performances

Breaking news in the bug incident scandal

The bug finally speaks up: "It wasn't my intention to cause a commotion, I was just carried away in the heat of the moment and landed on the stage. I haven't met Mr. Michael Jackson before and didn't plan the scene with him in order to charm the insect-loving part of his audience."

Meanwhile a bat, who doesn't want to reveal himself but sources say was involved in a strange accident with a famous rock star, shares his views on the topic about animal life on the road. "The bug escaped easily" he says "I wish I was this lucky". Click for more details and find out more animal opinions.

Reporters are investigating allegations of bug brutality, as the handling of this bug by security was deemed to be too rough by some members of the audience ?

Bug to write tell-all book about friendship with Michael Jackson

Preview from the book: "Our relationship goes back to the early 80's. It's a little known fact that I was instrumental in La Toya's scream during the recording of Heartbreak Hotel."

Thanks for the laughs. :D

It's a tough question to answer really, as I was never lucky enough to be able to see the man live, what might not work for me watching it on TV at home 20 odd years later, may have struck a chord with me in the stadium at that moment.

I was never a big fan of the tank at the end of Earth Song, always felt a bit over the top but I suppose the performance needed something of a crescendo.

The big ending with all the kicking and bouncing at the end of both Beat It and Black Or White, especially on the Dangerous Tour, I wish he would have cut the big ending on say Beat It, just end with the spotlight on Mike and then he would have been able to perform another track from the Dangerous album that I felt the tour lacked.

The emotion/crying of both She's Out Of My Life and I'll Be There, it was probably amazing in the stadium watching live but by the time the show gets to I'll Be There, I feel like I've seen this ending, although I suppose there's only so many ways you can end a song live. Nothing major just more of suggestion

I do wish he would have trimmed Heal The World down, but the song had an important message Michael wanted to convey to the audience so I understand it. My only 2 issues with it are, it goes on so long, they could have fit another song in from Dangerous and also it just makes the ending of the show feel somewhat drawn out to me but again it's important message so I get it.

I can't think of many others really, I wish Mike would have sung more live but I get the reasons why he didn't. I think as a live performer, one of his greatest strengths as a performer is knowing what we the audience want to see and the best way for us to experience it. He was the best live performer in history and I feel he very rarely ever missed the mark

Last edited:
I was never a big fan of the tank at the end of Earth Song, always felt a bit over the top but I suppose the performance needed something of a crescendo.
I would have preferred if he close the song in the same fashsion he did at the Royal Brunei concert with those live ad-libs as opposed to that colossal tank because I agree that it was a little too much, but it kind of shows how much more production when into the HIStory Tour, don't it? :laughing:

Electro;4289820 said:
This whole thread... Jesus. Some of you may need a little MJ-timeout, to then come back later and focus on things you like. There's a whole world of music and art out there, you know.

This thread is about all these unnecessary things that did not add value to his performance.

If you are not interested in it, then you should stay away from it.

As you can see, this thread interests a lot many other members here.

Mikky Dee;4289821 said:
Your sources are always nebulous. Are you sure that you're not just regurgitating some myth from a HIStory Tour hit piece/critic's review?

dethorro;4289828 said:
How can you always be so sure about myths?
I'm pretty sure that whole thing wasn't even staged and it probably only happened once or twice.

It has been mentioned, for example, on certain issues of the ‘KING! of Pop’ magazine back then.

He did that staged, bug thing during specific HIStory concerts that took place in different countries (and not just at some HIStory concerts that took place in Germany).

In some cases, he would even get embarrassed right before doing it when realizing that the audience was already saying it (his trick had already been revealed).

So, the bug incident was a staged thing that happened multiple times, in contrast to the staged, chair incident that happened only at one HIStory concert.

So, the bug incident was a staged thing that happened multiple times, in contrast to the staged, chair incident that happened only at one HIStory concert.
What staged chair incident? As far as I'm concerned, MJ never sits down during the concerts (except in Human Nature in Copenhagen 1992 and at the end of WDAN performances on the Dangerous Tour, but then again, that is the Dangerous Tour and not HIStory Tour, so...), not even during the interludes (maybe he will sit on the platform that holds the band, but that still doesn't involve a chair). I've never heard of nor seen such a thing! Or I am just dumb and have never seen a video of that, ha. Even so, I still doubt a chair was ever brought on stage.

Unless, maybe it is in some unreleased/unleaked concert? :D

Rocketeer;4289982 said:
What staged chair incident? As far as I'm concerned, MJ never sits down during the concerts (except in Human Nature in Copenhagen 1992 and at the end of WDAN performances on the Dangerous Tour, but then again, that is the Dangerous Tour and not HIStory Tour, so...), not even during the interludes (maybe he will sit on the platform that holds the band, but that still doesn't involve a chair). I've never heard of nor seen such a thing! Or I am just dumb and have never seen a video of that, ha. Even so, I still doubt a chair was ever brought on stage.

Unless, maybe it is in some unreleased/unleaked concert? :D

I am talking about the staged, chair incident that took place only in one Finnish HIStory concert.

At one point while he was on stage, he turned to his costume designer Michael Bush and asked from him to bring a chair so as to sit down.

When Michael Bush attempted to bring a chair on stage, Michael Jackson burst into laughter and said to him “No! I can’t have a chair on stage!”.

It was another staged, fun thing but it happened only once at that HIStory concert in Finland where Michael Jackson appeared to be very jolly and playful during that entire concert.

mj_frenzy;4289983 said:
I am talking about the staged, chair incident that took place only in one Finnish HIStory concert.

At one point while he was on stage, he turned to his costume designer Michael Bush and asked from him to bring a chair so as to sit down.

When Michael Bush attempted to bring a chair on stage, Michael Jackson burst into laughter and said to him “No! I can’t have a chair on stage!”.

It was another staged, fun thing but it happened only once at that HIStory concert in Finland where Michael Jackson appeared to be very jolly and playful during that entire concert.
You reference to this concert?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PstHwKjC5m0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You reference to this concert?

It is either on this concert, or on the other Finnish HIStory concert.

As far as I know, that staged, chair incident has not been available on video, but fans who attended that Finnish HIStory concert (where it happened) and certain fanzines have confirmed it, as well.

mj_frenzy;4289979 said:
It has been mentioned, for example, on certain issues of the ‘KING! of Pop’ magazine back then.

What was mentioned? I can't imagine them writing: ''Michael staged a bug incident in which he sees a bug on stage and calls his security to take it away but not kill it.''

mj_frenzy;4289979 said:
He did that staged, bug thing during specific HIStory concerts that took place in different countries (and not just at some HIStory concerts that took place in Germany).

You said yourself that it supposedly happened in Hockenheim and I posted an amateur audio recording of the whole show, but there is no bug incident.

Michael thanks his band, crew, e.t.c... and starts the J5 Medley. The bug was not present at that show lol.

mj_frenzy;4289979 said:
In some cases, he would even get embarrassed right before doing it when realizing that the audience was already saying it (his trick had already been revealed).

Yeah..sure...Michael heard members of the audience saying: ''Oh the bug incident again''. He heard 5 people saying that while 50.000 others were screaming like crazy.

mj_frenzy;4289979 said:

Even if it did happen at multiple shows (although I kind of doubt it), that isn't proof that it was a staged thing.

mj_frenzy;4289983 said:

What??? He said to Michael Bush: ''Bring me a chair so I can sit down''. And then Bush came on stage with a chair and Michael said: ''No I can't have a chair on stage''???

Even if it did happen..how do you know it was staged? I don't get it. It could have been a joke.

Going by your logic...I guess Michael also staged the ''The spotlight is coming on....I'm on stage'' moment. I guess nothing can happen spontaneously in Michael Jackson world.

mj_frenzy;4289983 said:

Michael used the briefcase as a chair before Billie Jean. He sat down for a little while. It happens around 59:10 in that video. You might be be mixing it with that.

If any of this was mentioned in King Magazine, why not just find the page and post it here?

Here are the magazines:
http://jetzi-mjvideo.com/books/

That's all I could find so far regarding the bug incident.

h5gIMcW.png

Michael used the briefcase as a chair before Billie Jean. He sat down for a little while. It happens around 59:10 in that video. You might be be mixing it with that.

Off topic but that Billie Jean performance from Helsinki is so good!

dethorro;4289999 said:
That's all I could find so far regarding the bug incident.

Heeey! You’re doing mj_frenzy’s homework! :D

I think, the person who makes claims should be the one to find and present the sources. These days, pretty much everything has surfaced online and can be found with a little research. There are multiple MJ archives, then we have the Waybackmachine for old versions of websites, Google Books etc.

There’s absolutely no reason to make unfounded claims, ever. Research, find a credible source, post it here. Then discuss. :)

ScreenOrigami;4290002 said:
Heeey! You&#8217;re doing mj_frenzy&#8217;s homework! :D

I think, the person who makes claims should be the one to find and present the sources. These days, pretty much everything has surfaced online and can be found with a little research. There are multiple MJ archives, then we have the Waybackmachine for old versions of websites, Google Books etc.

There&#8217;s absolutely no reason to make unfounded claims, ever. Research, find a credible source, post it here. Then discuss. :)

You're right! I couldn't help it :lmao:

Ehhh, the performance is ok, at least the first half. Average energy is shown as in Copenhagen and Gothenburg. However, it was nice to see him smiling and being all playful during the ad-libs prior to the ending dance sequence, definitely in a better state than in Johannesburg. But I prefer the one in Basel a month before. That performance, and that show in general, are pretty underrated in my opinion! More energy and spirit shown than in Munich, Copenhagen, Gothenburg, Helsinki, and Johannesburg. Sick dance moves, decent voice (better condition than Munich at least), and it was raining during the show! But to each your own I guess. :)

Must admit, I'm not a fan of the History tour at all.

I really hate the long gap between In The Closet and WBSS. Feels like momentum is lost. The exact same as the Dangerous tour.

The setlists on the Bad tour just seemed to flow perfectly

Must admit, I'm not a fan of the History tour at all.

I really hate the long gap between In The Closet and WBSS. Feels like momentum is lost. The exact same as the Dangerous tour.

The setlists on the Bad tour just seemed to flow perfectly

Not to mention the bad tour actually feels like a good representation of the bad album with a well balanced setlist

Yep Mike looks so comfortable and he's really enjoying himself. My favourite moment is either the spotlight moonwalk or the moment around 8 mins in when he pretends to knock on the mic to turn it up. Mike seemed really up for it that night

ozemouze;4290134 said:
:D Sources say it was because MJ's spider became jealous.

… and hungry. :devil:

ozemouze;4290134 said:
Wow, I can't believe jetzi's site is still up and running! It goes back to the prehistoric Internet times AFAIK. :lmao: The content started with real media (?) files among others if I remember correctly. :D

The Real Media files are still there, and so are the tiny GIFs. A trip down memory lane. :D

ScreenOrigami;4290138 said:
The Real Media files are still there, and so are the tiny GIFs. A trip down memory lane. :D

Yep, I've just checked it, I had to. :D Thank you, jetzi, you're a legend, I hope you know what this archive meant to us at the time! :flowers:

ScreenOrigami;4290138 said:
&#8230; and hungry. :devil:

But Wayne saved the bug. Again.

Michael was very sensitive to animals and bugs. whatever or not the bug thing was an act or not it doesn't surprise me he had a tender heart.

there's a lot times he cried when a bug or animal got hurt or died. poor dear. i actually killed a bug the other night and thought about Michael. i'm so sorry Michael but i hate bugs.

Back