Early configuration of Bad

I really like the 12" mix of Get It. It's miles ahead of the LP version on Stevie's album.

Just Good Friends is a great, great track. I HATED Bad 25th documentary's coverage of the song and felt like it was an insult to Michael.

The song is funky, it's groovy and seeing them in the studio recording it only made me like it more!

Just Good Friends is definitely not the weakest song on the album - now Liberian Girl or I Just Can't Stop, those two are definitely 'weaker' than Just Good Friends in my book.

Okay so my ranking of the bad tracks is as follows

1. Another part of me
2. Leave me alone
3. Dirty Diana
4. Smooth criminal
5. the way you male me feel
6. bad
7. speed demon
8. just good friends
9. liberian girl
10. man in the mirror
11. I just can't stop loving you

I think the first 9 tracks here are irreplaceable. Sorry MITM fans :p
Streetwalker is definitely up there with smooth criminal, as is price of fame, I'm so blue and cheater.

It's a product of it's time I always wanted to hear the entire album played with a real live band instead of drum computers and synthesizers. Maybe an idea for the Estate? Use some alternate vocal takes , hire the off the wall sessions musicians. Sounds cool to me!

Last edited:
Just Good Friends is a good song. I like it. But it's just filler compared to the rest of the album. It never had potential to chart high as a single. Not strong enough. But it seems like this track was never in question to not make the final track list. If top 10 singles was the goal, there were better options.

Just Good Friends is a good song. I like it. But it's just filler compared to the rest of the album. It never had potential to chart high as a single. Not strong enough. But it seems like this track was never in question to not make the final track list. If top 10 singles was the goal, there were better options.

Hadn't State of Shock been released on Victory it would have been the perfect song for Stevie & MJ.

Wow Liberian Girl hate? Now I have to step in.

One of the finest songs MJ ever wrote.

I'm not a fan of get it either or IJCSLY. IJCSLY is sweet but not for me. I like say say say. i'm gonna be real i don't like Liberian Girl either. it's cute and sweet Michael did a nice job and also the fact the song is about African woman etc. but i don't like it. it is isn't for me and i'm from a African descent.

I'm not a fan of get it either or IJCSLY. IJCSLY is sweet but not for me. I like say say say. i'm gonna be real i don't like Liberian Girl either. it's cute and sweet Michael did a nice job and also the fact the song is about African woman etc. but i don't like it. it is isn't for me and i'm from a African descent.

Do you like "be not always"?

Back