Taj Jackson's MJ Documentary - Updates and Discussion [MERGED]

Lightbringer;4291174 said:
Excuse me, but WHAT ON EARTH are you two going on about?

It took Dan Reed who is a professional with a multi million company behind him, what, 2-3 years to do Leaving Neverland with massive financial backing & planning. Do you expect Taj Jackson to counter that by himself without financing, planning or no preparation whatsoever. Dan Reed probably spent like 4 years planning this in total.

And dont forget Taj went out on media tour when LN aired, so its not like he was sitting on his hands doing nothing.

Of course it would have been optimal to counter LN by releasing a counter-film immediately, but remember everyone was blindsided by LN and did not even know the content etc. Keep in mind that it took fans 3-4 months to pick LN apart, so it would not have been feasible to release anything quickly.

And now, my argument is that the LN hysteria has died down already. nobody has given a darn the last 4 months, so right now it makes all the sense in the world to perfect the release as much as possible. If it comes out now or in 1 year will make no difference in grand scheme of things.

I dont know how you can expect miracles from a one man show that Taj is without any prior experience about making full time movies or series. The guy has basicly been fighting a complete upphill battle ALONE in the name of Michael. He is not perfect, he is not a genius but he is doing what he can do the best of his ability!

Tajs project is not going to be a "Lies of leaving neverland" spectactle and only focused on LN and Robson/Safechuck, its going to be about Michaels life and everything he went through including the allegations - to everything into context.

With the corona virus, how will this turn out, when will it be released, I have no idea, nobody probably knows. What I do know is that I am going to whatever I can do to help and support Taj! And certainly not directing negativity towards the only single soul on the fekking planet doing anything whatsoever to help out in this neverending shitstorm!!!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS POST!! Taj has been working his a$$ off since that bulls@#$ hit the fan. He has been extremely vocal in defending Michael since day one. In case some of you don’t know there are those who don’t want the truth told. This includes the lying pieces of @#$ making the false allegations, the low life director, and the other conspirators involved. I can’t believe anyone who would have even a thought of negativity against Taj and the tremendous pressure he is facing.Thank God he is taking his time and trying to get it right. I WILL BE HERE FOR HIM 100% whenever he finishes his project and will support it with every fiber of my being.

Re: Taj Jackson's MJ Documentary - GoFundMe and stream updates [MERGED]

In my opinion it does seems alittle bit too late. we are almost to the summer. i think it should still be made. it will come in handy in the future and put all of this to rest.

It's never too late

It's too late to release a rebuttal documentary to LN. That should have happened right after the airing of LN. Now almost 1.5 years have passed since the release of LN and people have simply moved on from it and releasing a rebuttal documentary will now only bring more attention to the allegations. Instead, Taj's documentary should focus on Michael's humanitarian efforts and what he really did to help so many kids around the world.

The Robson and Safechuck court cases are still ongoing, and media coverage will ramp up each time they or their legal firm appear in court / make statements to the press or when the cases go into a new phase eg trial or appeal. We still have seemingly at least 2 years to reach even the end of the main cases, let alone any appeals. (Not forgetting that the Estate vs HBO case is also still ongoing and will generate its own publicity).

There are already mini-rebuttal docs like 'Lies of leaving Neverland' and 'Square One' which are widely available. The 'tide of opinion' against MJ started to turn after Dave Chapelle's comments, and more people are starting to see that LN was one-sided, and also to see that accusers are not always the *victims* they claim to be. Taj wants to create a doc series which will set the allegations in context against Michael's life, so that viewers will see MJ 's real story from the people who knew him well. More of these people are likely to come forward now, because of the growing changes in public opinion.

The real sadness for me is that a doc. like this wasn't made in 2009-10 when so many more people who were close to MJ were alive, eg Elizabeth Taylor, Frank DeLio etc (I understood he was writing a book when he sadly died- I don't know if his family are still working on it). But we are where we are, and I'm sure Taj will do an excellent job.

On a practical note, Taj wants to include 'face-to face' interviews (not skype-type interviews) and it is right that he waits until he can 'be in the same room' as the people he is interviewing.

It's too late to release a rebuttal documentary to LN. That should have happened right after the airing of LN. Now almost 1.5 years have passed since the release of LN and people have simply moved on from it and releasing a rebuttal documentary will now only bring more attention to the allegations.Instead, Taj's documentary should focus on Michael's humanitarian efforts and what he really did to help so many kids around the world.

Well, Michaels humanitarian work will be a part of the series/film so its not forgotten.

Realisticly, which neutrals would watch a film/series about Michael Jacksons humanitarian work only? Think about it. Leaving Neverland have struck and most non-fans with no vested interest are convinced Michael Jackson was a serial child molester. Do you think many of them will care to watch a humanitarian documentary mainly about Michael helpong children about a person they see as a child predator? I dont think many would watch that.

By presenting Michaels whole life, including the allegations and controversies, its actually possible that neutrals will turn in because they are curious about how the man they perceive as a monster will be portrayed and what the other side of the molestation accusations are etc. Better to bake in the humanitarian work in context of a big picture of Michaels life, than dedicating the whole project to the humanitarian side. Its about possibly swaying the opinion of some people!

Also, I dont agree with giving the allegations more attention by bringing them up again. Dan Reed might be recording Leaving Neverland 2.0. Finaldi will continue his regular slander in the press and as the court cases move forward and if there is a trial, it will all come back again. Whatever Reed does with the footage he is going to record at the court cases, it will cause a media stir, no doubt about. Maybe not as bad as LN, buy enough to create a new pile of dogcrap for us all to endure.

If done right, Tajs project could help in combating this!

Last edited:
Lightbringer;4291237 said:
most neutrals are convinced Michael Jackson was a serial child molester

Those people aren’t exactly neutrals then, are they? ;)

ScreenOrigami;4291251 said:
Those people aren’t exactly neutrals then, are they? ;)

:) I should have written non-fans. I edited my post to non-fans with no vested interest. I mean, the people that do not care but just have gotten the impression he is guilty because of the media, Leaving Neverland etc. These are the people that I think could be swayed or at least turned to dont know instead of guilty if we can get some of them to watch Tajs film/series.

Lightbringer;4291254 said:
:) I should have written non-fans. I edited my post to non-fans with no vested interest. I mean, the people that do not care but just have gotten the impression he is guilty because of the media, Leaving Neverland etc. These are the people that I think could be swayed or at least turned to dont know instead of guilty if we can get some of them to watch Tajs film/series.

Oh. OK, that makes sense. :)

That’s pretty much what happened here in Germany when the Akte Spezial documentary aired in January. :)

Have a little faith friends. He will get it done, it doesn’t matter how long it take to complete as long as it’s done right! People are warming to MJ again just because time has past since the release of LN. I honesty think if they just dropped a.single out of nowhere the world would fall for the music again. Come on this is Michael Jackson his legacy may have taken a hit but it is written in stone and that will never change.

The Robson and Safechuck court cases are still ongoing, and media coverage will ramp up each time they or their legal firm appear in court / make statements to the press or when the cases go into a new phase eg trial or appeal. We still have seemingly at least 2 years to reach even the end of the main cases, let alone any appeals. (Not forgetting that the Estate vs HBO case is also still ongoing and will generate its own publicity).

There are already mini-rebuttal docs like 'Lies of leaving Neverland' and 'Square One' which are widely available. The 'tide of opinion' against MJ started to turn after Dave Chapelle's comments, and more people are starting to see that LN was one-sided, and also to see that accusers are not always the *victims* they claim to be. Taj wants to create a doc series which will set the allegations in context against Michael's life, so that viewers will see MJ 's real story from the people who knew him well. More of these people are likely to come forward now, because of the growing changes in public opinion.

The real sadness for me is that a doc. like this wasn't made in 2009-10 when so many more people who were close to MJ were alive, eg Elizabeth Taylor, Frank DeLio etc (I understood he was writing a book when he sadly died- I don't know if his family are still working on it). But we are where we are, and I'm sure Taj will do an excellent job.

On a practical note, Taj wants to include 'face-to face' interviews (not skype-type interviews) and it is right that he waits until he can 'be in the same room' as the people he is interviewing.
Also, VP Joe Biden is going through something which is showing people who accusers lie. I still say I think more people this LN is BS (those who cared to watch it, many people did not seem to care to watch that trash) than who believed it.

Also, VP Joe Biden is going through something which is showing people who accusers lie. I still say I think more people this LN is BS (those who cared to watch it, many people did not seem to care to watch that trash) than who believed it.

I bet around 90% watching were MJ fans preparing for war. :D

I have faith for this doc. good luck Taj and thanks for all your doing for your uncle legacy. god bless.

dam2040;4291290 said:
I watched some of it but didn’t hear anything new.

Can anyone confirm if he said anything new?

The main things he talked about were how the response to his project has become better now that people aren’t that afraid to talk about MJ anymore, and how that has changed over the last few months, and how this change hopefully helps him to get the series out on Netflix.

In some of his upcoming live streams he’s also planning to walk us through a couple of movies that they used to watch with MJ, that seemed to be important to him. So there will be a couple of watch parties with Taj, including Kick The Can. :)

Those were the main takeaways for me.

I really hope he choose a platform everyone can use. poor people can't buy netflix. a movie watch party of Michael favorite movies sounds cool. i may join if he plans to do it. :)

I watched for about 10 minutes that’s all I could make it through. He seemed very unorganized and not prepared.

Smooth72;4291342 said:
I watched for about 10 minutes that’s all I could make it through. He seemed very unorganized and not prepared.

He apologised. He'd not slept well (baby in the house). He mainly wanted to let us know how he'll be communicating in future (watch for future dates) and that he's going to recommend some films and TV to watch (which is good timing for people who might still be 'locked down'). Then he answered random queries that came up from fans, before he had to dash off for a phone call.

He's doing the 'doc' work practically single handed at the moment, so he deserves a break. (Lots of people wouldn't even have considered taking it on, or dealing with fans, who don't generally agree amongst each other... :poke:).

^ Fans disagreeing, not me disagreeing with you :)

myosotis;4291370 said:
He apologised. He'd not slept well (baby in the house). He mainly wanted to let us know how he'll be communicating in future (watch for future dates) and that he's going to recommend some films and TV to watch (which is good timing for people who might still be 'locked down'). Then he answered random queries that came up from fans, before he had to dash off for a phone call.

He's doing the 'doc' work practically single handed at the moment, so he deserves a break. (Lots of people wouldn't even have considered taking it on, or dealing with fans, who don't generally agree amongst each other... :poke:).

^ Fans disagreeing, not me disagreeing with you :)

Gotcha, understandable. I didn’t watch long enough anyways to find out what was going on. I was distracted myself so wasn’t catching everything then had to bail for something else. I have faith in him. Good things take time.

This was the first time Taj did looked tired and off, the earlier shows he has been sharp.

He seemed sad at the beginning also, emotional. Maybe he was just tired like you said. I hope this project wont be costly for his health, its alot of responsibilty on his shoulders. And its only going to become more hectic later in the project with filming, interviewing and traveling. Its going to take an incredible toll on him! I am very concerned this seems to be a one man show, I wish he had one or two persons who were just as much driving this forward, so its not dependant on him entirely.

I was the one asking the question about Believe Victims, which he replied to btw. And said, now onto a better question and then "sorry, not better, more recent" and smiled :D

This was the first time Taj did looked tired and off, the earlier shows he has been sharp.

He seemed sad at the beginning also, emotional. Maybe he was just tired like you said. I hope this project wont be costly for his health, its alot of responsibilty on his shoulders. And its only going to become more hectic later in the project with filming, interviewing and traveling. Its going to take an incredible toll on him! I am very concerned this seems to be a one man show, I wish he had one or two persons who were just as much driving this forward, so its not dependant on him entirely.

I was the one asking the question about Believe Victims, which he replied to btw. And said, now onto a better question and then "sorry, not better, more recent" and smiled :D

I agree - he's taken on a lot and is taking his responsibilities very seriously. He's very thoughtful - always looking out for the younger and older members of the wider family, as well as his own. He knows we are all with him though, and that right and justice is on his side. He also knows the Estate is doing everything needed, and they have a great legal team - plus input from T Mez.

I noticed how his eyes lit up each time his daughter called out (He said she was watching her favourite TV programme.) He seems extremely happy at home, and said he's not troubled by the 'lockdown' as he's a home bird anyway. Hopefully things will continue to get better for MJ (as they have been recently), and he'll get more support from interviewees and also maybe more financial backing for the doc. We can all only hope that the worst is behind us and everything will become easier in the coming months....

(and Good Question! Such pointlessness in trying to hack accounts though. It's not as if any MJ fam or supporters are going change their minds because... 'hacking'. If every last computer in the world was hacked, we'd still be doing our MJ thing, one way or another
:) :cool:)

Last edited:

I really hope he choose a platform everyone can use. poor people can't buy netflix. a movie watch party of Michael favorite movies sounds cool. i may join if he plans to do it. :)

Netflix only costs $14 per month in Australia (less than 50c per day) and can be viewed on five devices within the household.

Mikky Dee;4291411 said:
Netflix only costs $14 per month in Australia (less than 50c per day) and can be viewed on five devices within the household.

Wasn’t the first month free anyway? It’s been a while for me, so things might have changed.

That said, even $14 can be too much for a lot of people. We’re privileged if we can afford it. :)

Youtube: Taj Jackson
15 hours ago

Ok. This is the episode I will be doing my first watch along to next week. It's from the TV series "Amazing Stories". The episode is from Season 2 and is called "Life on Death Row". (Edit: Aired on NBC 10th November 1986)
I think you can buy the episode separately on Amazon for $1.99 or around that price in your country's currency.

This was one of my uncle Michael's favorites episodes and I'll explain exactly why next week.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9vACRvYPJuToRk3PYEKu1A/community

It seems to be here for free? :

(The film seems to be a mirror-image, but that doesn't matter except for credits and small things like book print...)

Fun facts: This episode was directed by Mick Garris. The same Mick Garris who co-wrote MJ's Ghosts. AND was also a zombie in Thriller :)

Last edited:

(The film seems to be a mirror-image, but that doesn't matter except for credits and small things like book print...)

Can always download it and flip it back. ;)

For those who don’t know how to flip a video:

1. Download the video, e.g. via https://keepvid.works/
2. Install VLC Player (other players may have similar settings, but VLC is the most flexible player in my opinion)
3. Start your previously downloaded video in VLC
4. Go to: Tools > Effects and Filters > Video Effects > Geometry
5. check “Transform” and choose “Flip horizontally”
6. Save
Enjoy your movie. :)

This flips the video on-the-fly while you’re watching, it doesn’t re-encode the video itself.

Remember to change the setting back before you watch something else. ;)

Last edited:

Thanks for the tip!

This mirroring thing is done in order to hide copyrighted material? Or why? :)

ozemouze;4291501 said:
Thanks for the tip!

This mirroring thing is done in order to hide copyrighted material? Or why? :)

Yes. Although I’m surprised that this still fools the detection algorithms. ;)

Back