Royal Brunei Official Release?

nesboy43;4294776 said:
Was Royal Brunei officially released?

No, and there is no really need for such an official release because the unofficial 1996 Royal Brunei DVD Concert has already been available.

The interesting thing about the 1996 Royal Brunei Concert is a possible, official release of the full-dress rehearsals which were taped and they are currently stored in the Estate’s archives.

Says in the description that they were given to some of the guests. Whatever that means.

There's a HappyLee remastered version, which should be the closest thing to an official release, in terms of quality.

There are only 2 officially released concerts (if Seoul 1996 VHS doesn't count) up to this day, so I hope we don't waste a valuable chance of a concert release to a show we've already seen in decent quality.

Last edited:
nesboy43;4294776 said:
Was Royal Brunei officially released? I see an intricate set with a book, vhs, and 2 cds on ebay that I've never encountered before. https://www.ebay.com/itm/303588984963

That is a promo item, released from Sultan of Brunei for its private guests. That VHS is the master-tape. A crap copy was leaked and then restored.
A very HQ rip is also circulating among Italian fans.

The all item is authorized (but not officially released to public for selling); exclusive pictures licensed by MJJProds (see the booklet-program inside).

All was filmed in HQ, but it’s a private event, regularly bought and licensed to the Sultan. It’s high unlikely Estate will ever consider it for an official release (Sultan may have bought all copyrights) instead of an official history tour or dangerous one.

Tbh, I’d rather watch this concert in theaters than Munich 97, even if the latter is better quality all around

Wow, these audio CD's is what I'm interested in. Till this date there is no lossless version of it available to my knowledge.

Wow, these audio CD's is what I'm interested in. Till this date there is no lossless version of it available to my knowledge.

Those CDs were the original source from which Royal Brunei was leaked (only in audio) back in 2005 or 2006.

The security company i worked many years for in the uk did the security for this concert. My boss always took great delight telling me about going out there to do it. Not knowing i was a fan i was like "oh thats intresting" while inside i was like OMG you lucky !$^$^&??

Looks legit, a few years later Janet also did a concert there and the guests received the concert on CD and LaserDisc.

The security company i worked many years for in the uk did the security for this concert. My boss always took great delight telling me about going out there to do it. Not knowing i was a fan i was like "oh thats intresting" while inside i was like OMG you lucky !$^$^&😲😲

Was your former boss a MJ fan too?

I dont know although he mentioned him a couple of times in good ways. Also worked the WMA and loads of tours through the decades. and mentioned once when AEG was promoting a gig in our venue. Normally their rival ran our venue. I was kinda surprised as it was long after everything. He never said anything negative so ill take that. I wasnt one to promote my fandom and would keep away if mjs name was brought up as my work collegues were great and didnt want that spoiled by some comment..

Back