HIStory 25 and Dangerous 30 release petition

I really think Much Too Soon is amazing - all the way up among songs like Speechless IMO. - Melancholy, sadness - yet still hope. Great vocals, great instrumentation.

Hold My Hand is more like an AKON song featuring MJ - but still great IMO.

Best of Joy - sweet and perfect vocal delivery.

Behind the mask could benefit from a version without the live screams, audience and the women screaming like she's being torturred. - Still nice though.

HT - should not have been changed - lyrics changed and MJ singing She's only 15 was cut out. - otherwise it's actually a great song IMO.

I wonder if they don't want to release dangerous 30 or history 25 why they released Bad 25??! Are they upset from the fans or something?

I really think Much Too Soon is amazing - all the way up among songs like Speechless IMO. - Melancholy, sadness - yet still hope. Great vocals, great instrumentation.

Hold My Hand is more like an AKON song featuring MJ - but still great IMO.

Best of Joy - sweet and perfect vocal delivery.

Behind the mask could benefit from a version without the live screams, audience and the women screaming like she's being torturred. - Still nice though.

HT - should not have been changed - lyrics changed and MJ singing She's only 15 was cut out. - otherwise it's actually a great song IMO.

Don't forget TWYLM. Imo the way you love me shows how you faithfully update a song while staying true to the original. All though it didn't make the cut we also have DYKWYCA 2010 mix.

1. Hollyood Tonight (no unnecessary beatboxing and no removal of the bridge or the fifteen line)
2. The Way You Love Me
3. Hold My hand
4. Another day (original Mix)
5. Best Of Joy
6. Behind The Mask
7. This Is It (orchestral mix)
8. Much Too Soon
9. Do You Know Where Your Children Are (2010 mix)

This is a mighty fine album right here.

I wonder if they don't want to release dangerous 30 or history 25 why they released Bad 25??! Are they upset from the fans or something?

B25 didn't sell as much as they wanted it to. Not because it didn't sell well, but because they have unrealistic expectations.

B25 didn't sell as much as they wanted it to. Not because it didn't sell well, but because they have unrealistic expectations.

No one knew it was out because their marketing campaign (in the UK) was a series of bad decisions.

I do believe it would have sold better with the general public with a more effective marketing campaign.

Khaled;4296892 said:
Off The Wall, Thriller, Bad — those are the albums that have the biggest appeal to the widest range of people. The others don't have the same potential.

Anna;4296915 said:
That doesn't mean much now. Not enough people would buy it.

What’s the source to back this up? Has there been a recent market survey?

ScreenOrigami;4296916 said:
What’s the source to back this up? Has there been a recent market survey?

The source is common sense. If it was worth the investment they would have done it for the 25th anniversary. It's even more unrealistic to expect it to happen now when the fallout from LN is still in effect. But hey, maybe the Estate will make a bad business decision and re-release the album.

maybe the Estate will make a bad business decision and re-release the album.
I hope the bad decision is releasing one box set celebrating both albums because they were so close to each other and had the climax of Michael's music and personality.

The source is common sense. If it was worth the investment they would have done it for the 25th anniversary. It's even more unrealistic to expect it to happen now when the fallout from LN is still in effect. But hey, maybe the Estate will make a bad business decision and re-release the album.

I get you but I still feel like way more people would buy a Dangerous 30 box set than a Sign 'O' The Times box set...even after Leaving Neverland.

I hope the bad decision is releasing one box set celebrating both albums because they were so close to each other and had the climax of Michael's music and personality.

Well the Estate have made some bad decisions, but I think that's pushing it a bit. ;P

I get you but I still feel like way more people would buy a Dangerous 30 box set than a Sign 'O' The Times box set...even after Leaving Neverland.

Exactly. I can't understand people saying that a MJ Dangerous box set would be a failure. Heck, go check the official MJ web site, they are selling ugly T-shirts. A box set is way more appealing than that.

Ehhh... I dunno. The Estate are taking a risk with any release in the current climate. And the legal cases will drag on for God knows how long.

Thriller and Bad are the most well known albums. this doesn't bother me because those are my favorites albums anyway so i'm very lucky. :) keep in mind thriller was popular But Bad made Michael more out there because he went solo following by touring all around the world.

I love Off the wall but in opinion it doesn't get that much attention then thriller and bad do.

while dangerous and history aren't may favorite albums I do like some songs off those albums. if I could choose one 90's album from Michael it probably would be dangerous. dangerous has more songs I like on the album then I do with history. not saying don't like some songs on history but not my favorite album.

Dangerous is loved by many people, it’s more well known than some of you are giving credit for it.

Dangerous was well known. but it's something about that album that doesn't get a lot of attention today. i'm not sure what it is. i mostly see people talk about Thriller and Bad more than anything. or maybe i'm just a thriller and bad era fan.

dam2040;4296956 said:
Dangerous is loved by many people, it’s more well known than some of you are giving credit for it.

Yeah, but I think most of those people are probably more than casual fans. Some of my family like MJ's music; they love his greatest hits and one of them also owns Thriller. But if I asked them to name MJ albums they would say Thriller, Bad and possibly Off The Wall; maybe even Invincible for various reasons. But I doubt they've even heard of the others. Apart from being remastered, not every album that does well or fans love is going to get a reissue. Only three of the Beatles albums have had the 50th anniversary releases. Let It Be is still a question mark at the moment, but Rubber Soul and Revolver could have easily had a 50th anniversary edition, but they didn't. It's not realistic to expect anniversary editions for everything.

Dangerous came out in 1991. that was about 1/2 years before the lies came out. so I doubt it had anything do with the lies. that is kind of strange. mmmm…. i don't know but i know Michael songs from the album does get a lot views for example remember the time, jam, and dangerous are the most songs i see get talk about more on youtube.

strange….

but there are some dangerous fans. i see them all the time. my mother love dangerous as well. but she would choose thriller and off the wall more than anything. those her two top albums. bad would be her 3rd and dangerous her 4th.

Wikipedia says that Dangerous is the 14th best selling album of all time. There is only one album between it and Bad:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_albums#30_million_copies_or_more

Never judge how iconic an album is based on its sales. Off The Wall that has sold 10 less million is more iconic and well known. Dangerous is one of the best selling albums of all time, but it isn't as well known by the general public and casual fans. If you ask anyone who isn't a Michael Jackson fan to name a Michael Jackson album, vast majority will say Thriller. Some may sad Bad and some may say Off The Wall, but no one will say Dangerous or History.

Well of course, more people will buy a Dangerous boxset than Sign 'O' The Times boxet, because Michael Jackson is more famous and well known than Prince.

And I see a lot of people on here moan about Sign Of The Times getting a re-release and Dangerous not getting one. Well, despite its mediocre sales, SOTT is an iconic album and is widely regarded to be Prince's best album. In fact, it's regarded by many to be the finest album of the 80s, even more so than Thriller and Bad. So it makes sense for SOTT to get a re-release.

Utter nonsense.

The only reason we're speaking in these terms is relative to Michael's own successes. Off the Wall, Thriller and Bad rode a wave of popularity that exceeded all expectations. That is no reason to dismiss Dangerous. If any other major artist of the 20th century came even close to having a Dangerous in their arsenal you can bet your bottom dollar it would be getting a box set release. Particularly when it regularly features in best albums of the 90s polls and lists.

And it's worrying that we're taking the music critic route of diminishing Michael's relevance beyond the 1980s. The white rock press has pushed this down our throats for decades and now we're all believing it.

The Estate need to be preserving and promoting the legacy of this great man. And if pushing attention back onto one the biggest selling albums of all time - that had more hit singles on it than any album that came before (a record that was held for 16 years) and is widely regarded as Michael Jackson's coming of age artistically and creatively - is necessary then so be it.

People are just making excuses for the Estate again.

Utter nonsense.

The only reason we're speaking in these terms is relative to Michael's own successes. Off the Wall, Thriller and Bad rode a wave of popularity that exceeded all expectations. That is no reason to dismiss Dangerous. If any other major artist of the 20th century came even close to having a Dangerous in their arsenal you can bet your bottom dollar it would be getting a box set release. Particularly when it regularly features in best albums of the 90s polls and lists.

And it's worrying that we're taking the music critic route of diminishing Michael's relevance beyond the 1980s. The white rock press has pushed this down our throats for decades and now we're all believing it.

The Estate need to be preserving and promoting the legacy of this great man. And if pushing attention back onto one the biggest selling albums of all time - that had more hit singles on it than any album that came before (a record that was held for 16 years) and is widely regarded as Michael Jackson's coming of age artistically and creatively - is necessary then so be it.

This this this a million times over!!

Why would we make excuses for the Estate? It's not like they have a pristine track record and deserve to be defended at all costs. You're just dismissing perfectly valid reasoning for not doing a re-release, especially now after LN. I can only speak for myself here, but it's not like I don't want it to happen. Dangerous is my favourite MJ album. It just doesn't have enough mass appeal at this moment in time.

If any other major artist of the 20th century came even close to having a Dangerous in their arsenal you can bet your bottom dollar it would be getting a box set release. Particularly when it regularly features in best albums of the 90s polls and lists.

I have never seen it any of those best album lists at, It's not even listed in most "best of" 1991 polls. If I come across dangerous (very rarely) in any of those lists it's usually very low down, near the bottom. It also shows on the radio where black or white is the only track that gets regular airplay. The fact that it was a huge seller doesn't mean a thing. So were half of Celine Dion's albums and none of those are classic albums either.

I want it, I love it but we won't get it and I think it makes sense because the album is not a catalogue seller and pretty much a forgotten piece of art.

None of this all will change my mind about it though , it is a masterpiece and imo the greatest album of all time (tied with a couple of other contenders)

I don’t know why LN is supposed to play such a big role in that decision. Even the ambassadors of the United Nations recorded a version of Heal The World during the pandemic, and the only people still talking negatively about MJ are obvious haters and MeToo advocates who wouldn’t buy his albums anyway, and a handful of British and US-American op-ed writers.

A physical anniversary release is something you’d obviously market to fans, not to casuals who are content with listening to it on Spotify. MJ’s fan base is a huge market, especially outside the UK and USA. We really need to look at this from a global point of view. The USA have betrayed MJ decades ago. If anyone thinks we have to wait till this is fixed before anything can get released, then good luck.

EDIT: To illustrate my point, here is a new article in a teen magazine in Slovakia.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">FROM SLOVAKIA:<br>Brand new 2020 summer issue of the teen mag - Kamarát (in English: Friend) - with two pages dedicated to Michael Jackson´s music records.<br>This is the 6th time when the teen mag supported Michael and released articles (and posters of MJ) since 2018.<br>By Miro and Dany <a href="https://t.co/qQF0j5OJxE">pic.twitter.com/qQF0j5OJxE</a></p>&mdash; Brandon Penny (@MJJsourceEU) <a href="https://twitter.com/MJJsourceEU/status/1276632277099872259?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 26, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited:
Back