A Film Release Of Michael Jacksons Bad Tour 1988/89! PETITION | All help needed!

Falcon does not have an U-matic tape of a BAD TOUR show. I think he talked with a person who had it?

This is correct. Falcon has gifs/images from rotterdam. Nothing full. Its up to the tape owner to share/leak. I think we should pass this on to Warren if this gets enough steam. I think he would support this also.

Some words for the trailer could read "A tour of a lifetime finally documented in the way it deserves, unearthed and restored from Michael's archives. This film provides fans around the world with a look at the greatest performer of all time at the height of his prime. Join us and show the world this magical performance from the King of pop Rock and soul." I also like the idea of going from amateur to VHS and finally to film, clearly highlighting Michael's greatest moves is a must in this. We can do this, there's nothing that can't be done when we work together guys.

It's all for L.O.V.E and we will remember that.

I'd suggest using some footage showing the fans also, mixed in with shots of Michael of course.

Who's gonna make the trailer? I think Rudolf's got some major editing skills. I'll try to contact him and see if he's interested.

Should we try to get the hashtag(s) trending on Twitter? That’s a way for fans and non-fans not on this forum to be enlightened of this petition

Rocketeer;4298053 said:
Should we try to get the hashtag(s) trending on Twitter? That’s a way for fans and non-fans not on this forum to be enlightened of this petition

That’s a great idea. I think that it would be more powerful when the trailer is ready. Video speaks more than a 1000 words. 👍🏼

HappyLee has given his commitment to make the trailer for it.

Robbsaber01;4298025 said:
This is correct. Falcon has gifs/images from rotterdam. Nothing full. Its up to the tape owner to share/leak. I think we should pass this on to Warren if this gets enough steam. I think he would support this also.
What gifs?

Rocketeer;4298053 said:
To be honest, I kind of view this to be effective in notion, but ineffective in action. It sounds like a great idea, though I doubt it will actually work for the reason that people, not fans, will just see it as "irrelevant" compared to the current events. We gotta somehow align this "movement" with the events of the present day for it to even gain strong momentum so, you know, people can see more clearly as to why they can agree with this. Sounds crazy, as the main objective here has almost no correlation with the current events in the world, but that's just how I see this being a successful initiative.

Any ideas? I don't have any.

Last edited:
What if Falcon shares a portion of his U-matic for the trailer?
I don't think we should use Umatic tape clips if we want HD concert.

The text in the petition is great but Aintree and Liverpool are the same concert. It took place at Aintree Racecourse in Liverpool.

In another thread Falcon shared some gifs that were given to him.

Oh, these do look "new" to my eyes. Are they really from one of the Rotterdam shows? I guess that's why they look new (I have never watched a Bad Tour concert in Holland).

Does anyone think we can get Prince, Paris or Blanket to share the video for this petition? - Would be a powerful/strong signal to The Estate if even MJ's own children wanted it released.

J3 are all active on facebook/instagram/twitter - and Prince and Blanket even on Youtube aren't they??

Does anyone think we can get Prince, Paris or Blanket to share the video for this petition? - Would be a powerful/strong signal to The Estate if even MJ's own children wanted it released.

J3 are all active on facebook/instagram/twitter - and Prince and Blanket even on Youtube aren't they??
I am not sure if they would be interested in participating in this (even if they are the children of the King himself), but it looks like we will need support from more than just the fans for a goal of this magnitude, including Jackson family members and relatives, as their voices can fortify the cause, ergo, the idea is not too far-fetched.

Last edited:
Maybe Taj will help? - He interacts with the fans a lot.

Then lets all use the hashtag on twitter... and lets all tweet it to TAJ.

Ahhhhhh here we go again the HOLY GRAIL of michael concert footage....maybe one day we will get this...dam it!!!!!! Just think somebody somewhere has this, or access to it...GGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Life is funny and god is working. The guardian is laying off eveven that lying female writer while mj is getting his own channel. God do not like ugly anf god protects the rightous. That is why mj keeps getting back on top.

New York exist in film too:

JKHv3dN

But the problem is.. audio, they have a lot of film footage, but if only the estate have July 15 or 16 in multitrack... its imposible to release anything.

JKHv3dN

But the problem is.. audio, they have a lot of film footage, but if only the estate have July 15 or 16 in multitrack... its imposible to release anything.

The full show might not be on film. Its likely that not all the shows that had film cameras were filmed in full. Would be great to see the Minneapolis concert on Blu-Ray. Idea: Maybe we should use this in the trailer:

Then show HD version of the spin from Moonwalker after it.

JKHv3dN

Not impossible if they simply use soundboard audio.

We should probably share the petition in the comment section on official Michael Jackson Facebook page. More would see it.

I feel everyone here about the tours...but in all honesty....i really want his short films in 4k. I'd love a tour as well but I'd rather them spend time working on the short films

The text is very well structured, Kai! But here are some things I'd personally change :):

''Michael Jacksons Bad World Tour started in September 1987 and ended in January 1989. While fans have seen some concerts of the first leg in 1987, they have only seen short snippets of high quality U-Matic tape or film footage from the second and third leg of the tour.

The Bad Tour showed Michael Jackson at his peak and the world needs to see this.

People of the film-crew have revealed that several shows were shot on film.

It was revealed that in 1988 members of the crew even completely cut and color-graded a full show (16 & 35mm film) from one of the London, Wembley shows.

We, the Michael Jackson Fan Community beg you to finally give us a proper HD release of Michael Jacksons Bad World Tour 1988/89.''

Btw, how awesome...220 people have already signed the petition!

This is going really fast. Right now, 223 have signed. I still need some time making a proper and powerful HD trailer.

We, the Michael Jackson Fan Community beg you to finally give us a proper HD release of Michael Jacksons Bad World Tour 1988/89.''
I probably won't use the word beg. We have to do this with both dignity and united strength.

I feel everyone here about the tours...but in all honesty....i really want his short films in 4k. I'd love a tour as well but I'd rather them spend time working on the short films

I'd love to see more HD music videos also, but I think the priority should come next. The released DVD version generally has good quality. For them to re-scan the films, I fear that something could go wrong, like they might do extra cropping or screw up the color, making it worse.

Right now we should focus on unreleased concerts, which they have many. If you'd like to see short films in HD, my collection thread should help:
https://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/...Collection-by-HappyLee-(update-Black-or-White)

I probably won't use the word beg. We have to do this with both dignity and united strength.

I'd love to see more HD music videos also, but I think the priority should come next. The released DVD version generally has good quality. For them to re-scan the films, I fear that something could go wrong, like they might do extra cropping or screw up the color, making it worse.

Right now we should focus on unreleased concerts, which they have many. If you'd like to see short films in HD, my collection thread should help:
https://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/...Collection-by-HappyLee-(update-Black-or-White)
Lee now u know i follow all your work & have it downloaded it but whose to say that they also wont mess with the cropping & sound & etc to the live shows...like what spike lee did to man in the mirror

The text is very well structured, Kai! But here are some things I'd personally change :):

''Michael Jacksons Bad World Tour started in September 1987 and ended in January 1989. While fans have seen some concerts of the first leg in 1987, they have only seen short snippets of high quality U-Matic tape or film footage from the second and third leg of the tour.

The Bad Tour showed Michael Jackson at his peak and the world needs to see this.

People of the film-crew have revealed that several shows were shot on film.

It was revealed that in 1988 members of the crew even completely cut and color-graded a full show (16 & 35mm film) from one of the London, Wembley shows.

Btw, how awesome...220 people have already signed the petition!

Changed it, thanks :)
Except the "beg".

Back