Battle of the Album Closers - Which is best?

Which is the best closing track?

• Total voters
You guys are funny with all your little revelations lol. If it's confessions time I might as well make mine - for the life of me I cannot get people's fixation with Billie Jean. Ok, it's got a nice beat to it, but still I don't get what's the big deal about it. I don't think the lyrics are all that brilliant either *ducks*

Now, THAT deserves the capital punishment!

:popout: :ph34r:.......makin' sure none of the hired assasins are around........:p

Today has been a surprisingly busy and rewarding Sunday, not just a blessed one. I actually had a few other threads I wanted to visit, but my energy levels won't allow it. However, I wouldn't want to be taken for a coward so I decided to step up in here and face the public outcry caused by my tiny, little, innocent comment about Billie Jean :innocent: I guess I wanted to face the music, as they say.

I just had a heart attack.:dropdead:

I knew I could make grown men cry and cause certain people in certain environments to faint, but I didn't I could this as well lol. Hope the CPR machine was around. As you can easily tell, other than the afore-mentioned talents, my humility is the single, most important trait of my character -_-

Now, THAT deserves the capital punishment!

I committed nothing short of musical sacrilege. Off to the burning with my heretical self, right? :p

Gasp! Girl, we need to discuss this...this...travesty. :blink:

Travesty, dewey, watt travesty? I don't think I'm being exactly subtle in expressing my deeep femininity and assuming my female condition:girl_knitting: I ain't no fellow, thank ya very much *dusts off the shoulder, the hair that gets in the way aaand rolls the eyes*

About your precious song now, how 'bout the four of us come to a compromise? Will you guys still want to execute me if I recognize that his live performances of the songs aren't all that bad? :cheeky: Even a skeptic like me will admit that he does have some pretty good moves and grooves all throughout. I do stand by initial post though - neither the beat, nor the lyrics are that grand and honestly neither is the vid. Ok, so he makes the floor light up, but other than that? It takes a whole lot more to impress demanding little me :p

While searching for some video material to express my most partial contrition for the grave crime I committed, I actually came around some really funny stuff.......

tumblr_n3n2dbws_Um1sbpg5vo1_1280.jpg

Which in turn reminded me of a really funny thing from 6 years ago related to Usher https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg6KmT7qg_4 turns out there is even newer stuff https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfR4nye9UZc poor, poor Raymond :rofl: Goats are awesome btw, I love them. Neighbors of mine have some and I loooove their sounds. I even recorded some last year lol.

Leaving o/t turf aside and returning to main event now......I know most people are up in arms about other BJ performances, but for me the single most special is the TII one. Imma be so generous and share it wit y'all as well. Not only that, but I would also direct the attention of the jury to Michael's movements in the interval 05:57-06:02.

*coughs up and talks in a most serious and scholarly voice*
Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, this is the very same man who claimed he did no dirty dancing. Are we to believe such blatant lies while his body language tells a completely different story? Video archives contain countless similar footage to confirm the dishonesty of the defendant. As they say in Italy, there is only the embarrassment of choice. In the face of such preponderance of evidence you have no other alternative but to declare the defendant guilty of.............engaging in dangerously enticing dance moves.

Court drama aside, I must admit that he had some really nice hand movements and strokin' rhythm OR the mimicking of both anyhow :p But then again, those gestures pointed out just how good he might have been at gettin' self-service from the.....gas station. Considering his legendary driving skills it would be no surprise, of course :D

I betta put on my invisible cloak now and take off from the thread before someone does me in.........not just for musical heresy, but also for excessive levels of raciness :girl_haha:

I'm just teasing you, Ms. Girl Thang. :laugh: I'm sure we four can absolutely appreciate the TII Billie Jean performance.

I'm just teasing you, Ms. Girl Thang. :laugh: I'm sure we four can absolutely appreciate the TII Billie Jean performance.

I knew you were dewster, I knew you were :) I just thought I'd play on with the joke and add some pictorial and video exhibits as well :p Good to know you've enjoyed that lil' performance. Had no doubt you wouldn't.

Ms. Girl Thang........lol that sounds nice, me likey :girl_aww: one of these days someone may end up callin' me Ms. Lady Girl :girl_crazy:

Wow, barbee! Dangerous is one of my favorites, especially performed live. I agree with respect up there about Childhood, I still tend to skip over it...but not always.
Well, Dewey, I wanted to tell you that you made me feel "bad" especially after thinking about it, and realized that I haven't really listened to the proper album version of Dangerous in probably 20 years. I usually think of the live dance that has other music injected-like Garland's "Get Happy", Janet's song, (get the point) and the theme from the "Good, Bad and the Ugly."

So I played it yesterday and listened to it a couple of times-and it was better than I remember-I'm not sure if it's that I never took to the New Jack Swing style or the fact that all the verses are aggressively whispered-but the choruses were really great and that definitely grew on me, until I was singing along with it. I remember it took me a couple of years to like Remember the Time, and now I really like it (even though I loved the video from the get-go)

So I gave it "one more chance" and it was much better. :)

Given the meaning the HIStory album has, it was quite brilliant of Michael after all the injustice and condemnation he went through, he still had reasons to Smile. That's why it's the best to me.

So hard to choose as all of those answers except Smile, Lady in my life and Threatened. I chose leave me alone, as I really like the songs and the video is just amazing, even now 26 years later. I feel bad for not choosing Burn this disco out and Dangerous. Is it Scary is a wonderful song too, and I like the whole Ghosts/Is it scary experience as a double track.

Given the meaning the HIStory album has, it was quite brilliant of Michael after all the injustice and condemnation he went through, he still had reasons to Smile. That's why it's the best to me.

Exactly, HIStory is an album full of pain, paranoia, disgust and hatred. Yet it finishes with this beautiful piece that's an ode to optimism.

The album begins with Michael screaming and ends with him laughing. Beautiful in its poignancy.

It was the first song I played on June 25th.

Exactly, HIStory is an album full of pain, paranoia, disgust and hatred. Yet it finishes with this beautiful piece that's an ode to optimism.

The album begins with Michael screaming and ends with him laughing. Beautiful in its poignancy.

It was the first song I played on June 25th.

WOW!!! What great observation

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm

Well

Dfhjcdjifvbkcdyufjoddhhvferjj!!

All. Said and done.

Is It Scary and Dangerous are tied for me. Is It Scary because I felt like it was a really great song PLUS its like a F you to the people who believe the worst of him. Dangerous because I LOVED the tour and the dances and the song. It was great.

Yeah, I've always found it beautiful that the album began with Scream and ended with Smile. The message couldn't have been clearer.

I always liked Smile. I had to warm to Childhood, I'm not crazy about it still, but it's OK now. What I don't like however that everyone else seems to like is Speechless. Now it's my turn to run and hide. LOL.

I don't need to just run and hide, I need to be sent into EXILE because I don't really like Childhood either and I'm not that keen on Speechless. I'm in a confessional mood tonight! I feel bad though because the songs that mean the most to Michael are often my least favourite ones.:(

You guys are funny with all your little revelations lol. If it's confessions time I might as well make mine - for the life of me I cannot get people's fixation with Billie Jean. Ok, it's got a nice beat to it, but still I don't get what's the big deal about it. I don't think the lyrics are all that brilliant either *ducks*

Actually, now that I've seen this I've realised that, by comparison, I have absolutely no reason to feel guilty. Please now throw all your rocks in Girl's direction!:cheeky:

Speechless is one of the greatest songs on the CD. No doubt there. Burn This Disco Out is kinda "meh". Same with Smile, he's a bit TOO emotional in that one imo, Leave Me Alone is great, especially combined with that fantastic video. Very aggressive and punchy! But Lady of My Life is where he really shines in my opinion. Fantastic vocal efforts, great vibrant synths and a very crisp production overall. It's a brilliant closer for the album.

Dangerous is a good song, but drags on a bit too long.

Threatened all the way for me :D Such a BANG the album closes and indeed I truly loved it that they didn't forget this masterpiece in TII I love the 'dark' message in it and absolutely love the Bass :eek:

Threatened - a rock track with synth, is the most solid and speaking closing I've heard of an album so far.

Is It Scary for me.

This song is a masterpiece. I truly wish that it could be re-released as a single, so that average Joe Public would come to know about it, the way I do.

The first day I heard this song in my car, when I was playing the album CD, I literally had to pull over on the side of the road and just sit still and listen to it. I think I replayed it about four times before I got back on the bitumen. I still think about that day. It was sunset and the sky was red, pink and purple behind the darkening trees. Michael spoke a lot about "the magic" of his music......that was one of the many days when I actually could feel that magic.

This song is a masterpiece. I truly wish that it could be re-released as a single, so that average Joe Public would come to know about it, the way I do.

The first day I heard this song in my car, when I was playing the album CD, I literally had to pull over on the side of the road and just sit still and listen to it. I think I replayed it about four times before I got back on the bitumen. I still think about that day. It was sunset and the sky was red, pink and purple behind the darkening trees. Michael spoke a lot about "the magic" of his music......that was one of the many days when I actually could feel that magic.

I had a similar experience with "will you be there". I was about 10 when I hear dit on the radio and it was the first time I cried because of a song and I didn't even understand the lyrics then. I was also ashamed that I cried as I was an "action" kid, tears were for the weak :-D

Burn this disco out. I think it's the best song to close an album. This song has to be on the end, because after this song, there's no more disco left

Back