Controversial MJ Documentary Leaving Neverland [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

they did this on purpose..... at some point i'm not even mad because it so stupid.
What they did only exposed them more on their bias and prejudices. They only hurting their creditabilty. Sunday mj was trending about the movie THE W I Z and got great comments. Isnt that ironic on the weekend thst trash was awarded. People do not care about that award. In fact i never heard of it until i came on here

And another one cancelled..
(At the beginning of the second episode of Hulu’s High Fidelity, a gender-flipped remake of the book and movie, there’s a conversation about Michael Jackson...In the scene, Rob (Kravitz), a record store owner, is called by her employees ...to settle a debate: Should they sell a customer a copy of Jackson’s 1979 masterwork, Off the Wall, in spite of all the allegations of child abuse against him (his estate denies them)? They all look perturbed that she wants to buy it at all, despite there being a copy on vinyl in the store, and Rob declines to sell it, at first, then wavers, she says because of the amazing horn charts on the album that were orchestrated by producer Quincy Jones )

High Fidelity’ Canceled at Hulu After One Season

“High Fidelity” starring Zoe Kravitz has been canceled by Hulu after one season, Variety has confirmed.

The series was a gender-bending, modern reimagining of the 2000 film starring John Cusack, with Kravitz playing his role. She starred as Rob, a pop culture-obsessed owner of a record store. Jake Lacy, Da’Vine Joy Randolph and David H. Holmes rounded out the cast of the lone season, which was critically praised.

...........“High Fidelity” ran in Kravitz’ family; her mother Lisa Bonet starred alongside Cusack in the film version, playing Marie DeSalle, the ex-girlfriend of Cusack’s Rob.

In June, Kravitz told Variety that she’d love to do a second season, saying the series had more to explore with its characters and storylines, but she hadn’t heard about any decision to renew the show.

“I think the show has a lot of potential,” she said. “I think there’s a lot more growing to do for everybody and a lot more trouble to get into. There’s a lot of places we could go and I would love to go there.”

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/high-fidelity-canceled-hulu-1234727100/

I was listening to Charles Thomson's interview on the MJCast yesterday and keep thinking of one of the comments he made that the UK press have always hated Michael.

I know that has always been the case but it just made me think 'why'? Is it pure racism? The UK press love to bring a celebrity down but in Michael's case it has been downright vicious.

You guys are happy when another stars show gets cancelled or when other stars get accused of something bad because they don't defend MJ. It seems some people seem to believe this is some divine act. That God punishes them because they didn't defend Michael. It is not, it has nothing to do with Michael.
So what if Ellen Degeneres gets a bad reputation now? So what if Zoe Kravitz show gets cancelled? It is just part of the difficult times where everything is under a magnifying glass and then there is covid of course. It doesn't help the case of Michael, nobody but fans link it to Michael, he won't be redeemed because Zoe Kravitz has a tv show cancelled. I don't get it.

This is about MJ and the accusations he had to face not about the hundreds of celebrities who stay silent about it. Michael was punished for life. Kravitz and Degeneres will get over their problems they are not half as bad as what MJ had to go through.

This thread is about LN and Michael not about anything else.

You guys are happy when another stars show gets cancelled or when other stars get accused of something bad because they don't defend MJ. It seems some people seem to believe this is some divine act. That God punishes them because they didn't defend Michael. It is not, it has nothing to do with Michael.
So what if Ellen Degeneres gets a bad reputation now? So what if Zoe Kravitz show gets cancelled? It is just part of the difficult times where everything is under a magnifying glass and then there is covid of course. It doesn't help the case of Michael, nobody but fans link it to Michael, he won't be redeemed because Zoe Kravitz has a tv show cancelled. I don't get it.

This is about MJ and the accusations he had to face not about the hundreds of celebrities who stay silent about it. Michael was punished for life. Kravitz and Degeneres will get over their problems they are not half as bad as what MJ had to go through.

Leaving Neverland took a court case and showed only one side of it- and was rewarded by media institutions for doing so.

Reed has already said that LN was 'greatly helped' by Oprah's backing. Celebs like Ellen subsequently piled in to support LN's one-sided stance, without ever mentioning the principle of 'innocent until proven guilty', or that LN was subsequently shown to include outright lies.

Celebs who are prepared to condemn anyone (especially) an innocent person (whether dead or alive) without due process of law are propagating a culture of media- led witch-hunts for clicks (money) and popular ('me too') support.

Their stories of subsequent falls from grace only serve to illustrate that those who 'live by the sword, can die by the sword' ie they are not immune to being equally condemned without due process on the basis of one-sided media stories. It is hopefully a life lesson- treat others as you wish to be treated yourself.

Leaving Neverland took a court case and showed only one side of it- and was rewarded by media institutions for doing so.

Reed has already said that LN was 'greatly helped' by Oprah's backing. Celebs like Ellen subsequently piled in to support LN's one-sided stance, without ever mentioning the principle of 'innocent until proven guilty', or that LN was subsequently shown to include outright lies.

Celebs who are prepared to condemn anyone (especially) an innocent person (whether dead or alive) without due process of law are propagating a culture of media- led witch-hunts for clicks (money) and popular ('me too') support.

Their stories of subsequent falls from grace only serve to illustrate that those who 'live by the sword, can die by the sword' ie they are not immune to being equally condemned without due process on the basis of one-sided media stories. It is hopefully a life lesson- treat others as you wish to be treated yourself.

I agree with that but I'd rather see a major breakthrough in reversing the LN narrative.

Well said. "Throwing stones to hide your hands"

JichaelMackson;4300166 said:
I agree with that but I'd rather see a major breakthrough in reversing the LN narrative.

We are already seeing small steps towards that, following the release of 'Square One'. I'm sure that bigger changes will come when more 'influencers' who are knowledgeable about the case feel comfortable in supporting MJ in public (as Dave Chappelle did).

More 'breakthroughs' may come with the progression of the court cases, especially since I'm reading that depositions (given by eg the NL staff that Finaldi is depending on) don't appear to be very beneficial to his cases. (It seems that staff who previously 'saw things' may have changed their minds since the 2005 trial).

It's possible that supportive media names might take a more vocal interest once the cases are underway, eg Piers Morgan in the UK, who openly questioned Reed about the accusers' financial motives in a TV interview. We have all seen that people who are 'riding high' in the media can be brought low by a change of public opinion (helped by evidence and the right 'promotion'. ) Maybe more media folk may be willing to interview Brandi. Frankly, the media goal is wide open for any decent journalist wanting to make a real story out of the truth - that the two accusers are lying for money. Hopefully it's just a matter of time.

Lastly, a quick word from Oprah, from her teachings on 'How to live a more meaningful life'. In backing Reed, the accusers and LN without hesitation or question in a bid for ratings, she has indeed shown us 'exactly who she is'. :

Wherever you are, that is your platform, your stage, your circle of influence. That is your talk show and that is where your power lies. In every way, in every day, you are showing people exactly who you are. You’re letting your life speak for you. And when you do that, you will receive in direct proportion to how you give in whatever platform you have.

https://www.goalcast.com/2018/03/14/5-lessons-from-oprah-meaningful-life/

keep thinking of one of the comments he made that the UK press have always hated Michael.

I know that has always been the case but it just made me think 'why'? Is it pure racism? The UK press love to bring a celebrity down but in Michael's case it has been downright vicious.

The Europe media always had a problem with Michael. it's pretty much racism. why? i don't know. i don't understand racism either and this is coming from someone who is African American. i understand that racism is taught but i'm really starting believe in the blood.

he was a powerful black man. so of course people hated and was/is jealous of him. also i wouldn't just say he was black but he was very successful too. no one hasn't got on his level yet.

Just to be perfectly clear, Michael was no saint either. He brought some things on himself in regards the media. The lies about the surgeries, keeping quiet about his skin condition for such a long period (ended up costing him record sales btw) constant changing stories about his kids' origins, stunts like the masks, that day in Berlin and of course, the infamous sleepovers.

Granted, the surgeries, the origins of his children and his skin condition are absolutely no one's business except his. The media are scum on that front. I know he was, at times, playing a game with the press in some instances with the masks at times but, it's like poking a sleeping bear. You don't give them ammunition to fire at you. Especially since he was their golden goose for sales.
The Berlin incident and the sleepovers post 93, that's all on Michael I'm afraid. He should have learned his lesson after 1993. But, I'm sure that's been discussed to death so I'm not getting into it.

Whilst some things he brought on himself, there is no denying that the media absolutely trashed him. Jealously? Perhaps...Most famous man of the 20th century, good to drag him down to generate sales and publicity? Most definitely! Racism? I'm not fully sure. Of course, there probably is/was some underlining racist motive from some publications but, not consistently.

Anyways, this documentary is nothing but a pure and utter cash grab, looking for fame and relevancy. Because when you're abused as a child, you tend to go and flaunt a ****ing Emmy around the place, saying how you always wanted one :banghead:

I love Michael, I love his music, I love his humanitarian work, I love his writing and how it comes from the heart...I can't understand what he went through earlier in life and how it affected him and certain things he done. Only thing I can understand is his hurt and bitterness in songs like GITM, WII etc. Someone somewhere should have helped him through things! We all know he was surrounded by utter charlatans. Why he waited to get rid of them, I'll never know. But, with all that said, I always got his back on these allegations. The truth will come

NatureCriminal7896;4300174 said:
The Europe media always had a problem with Michael.

It’s the UK media that’s particularly vicious, not all of Europe.

i didn't say all. i just said Europe. not only Europe but the USA media too. but more of it did and still come from Europe. no hate to anyone from europe. i'm not talking to you but the media/press when it come to michael. it been that way since the late 70's. really sad to know he been though that all his life. but he was strong though.

Just to be perfectly clear, Michael was no saint either. He brought some things on himself in regards the media. The lies about the surgeries, keeping quiet about his skin condition for such a long period (ended up costing him record sales btw) constant changing stories about his kids' origins, stunts like the masks, that day in Berlin and of course, the infamous sleepovers.

Granted, the surgeries, the origins of his children and his skin condition are absolutely no one's business except his. The media are scum on that front. I know he was, at times, playing a game with the press in some instances with the masks at times but, it's like poking a sleeping bear. You don't give them ammunition to fire at you. Especially since he was their golden goose for sales.
The Berlin incident and the sleepovers post 93, that's all on Michael I'm afraid. He should have learned his lesson after 1993. But, I'm sure that's been discussed to death so I'm not getting into it.

Whilst some things he brought on himself, there is no denying that the media absolutely trashed him. Jealously? Perhaps...Most famous man of the 20th century, good to drag him down to generate sales and publicity? Most definitely!

Anyways, this documentary is nothing but a pure and utter cash grab, looking for fame and relevancy. Because when you're abused as a child, you tend to go and flaunt a ****ing Emmy around the place, saying how you always wanted one :banghead:

I love Michael, I love his music, I love his humanitarian work, I love his writing and how it comes from the heart...I can't understand what he went through earlier in life and how it affected him and certain things he done. Only thing I can understand is his hurt and bitterness in songs like GITM, WII etc. Someone somewhere should have helped him through things! We all know he was surrounded by utter charlatans. Why he waited to get rid of them, I'll never know. But, with all that said, I always got his back on these allegations. The truth will come

I kind of agree with everything you said. i think after the first accident he should of stop. no he kept going with it. michael was a very private shy man. somethings he did do to himself. others stuff wasn't his fault.

at the end of the day i love michael. he wasn't perfect and nether is us.

ScreenOrigami;4300177 said:
It’s the UK media that’s particularly vicious, not all of Europe.

The UK media is very vicious AND racist. They have always been like that. All you have to do is look at their racist treatment of Megan Markel. Their treatment of Michael had to do with not only racism, but jealousy that a black man was as successful and famous as their precious Beatles. The racist UK media already disliked
Michael; however, when he purchased the Beatles catalogs, that racism and hatred manifested itself in unprecedented ways. Btw, the white media or so-called “mainstream” media in USA is just as vicious and racist for the same reasons as the UK media. There is no other artist in history who has reached the pinnacles that
Michael did and the media will never forgive a black man for doing that. Anyone who denies that fact is being naive and woefully ignorant. Michael was a “threat”
to these people because of his success, influence, popularity when he was alive and sadly these morons STILL feel he is a “threat”( popularity, success, etc.) even in death. All AWARE people already know this and have known it for 35++ years.

Finally, I am sick of some people blaming Michael for this racist treatment that he endured. So because, he didn’t reveal his vitiligo until HE felt like doing so, a valid reason to tear him down so viciously? Would the media have done a white artist the same way? Hell no, they wouldn’t have! And the inane statement about him being treated that way because he “lied” about surgeries? What did he lie about? He always freely admitted that he had surgery on his nose and chin. Of course, the ignorant media wanted him to say he had surgery on his cheeks, lips, etc. when he didn’t. It seems as if SOME fans wanted him to admit to that crap, also. The bottomline is WTF did he have to disclose personal business, when the racist media would NEVER ask a white artist the same questions about any of that, no matter how their appearance changed. The FACTS are: Michael had vitiligo. He freely admitted that he had surgery on his nose and chin. He did NOT have surgery on his lips or cheeks, so why would he admit to those things. Some things just take rational thinking and common sense, whether SOME of you want to accept that or not.

Last edited:

I kind of agree with you. just because these guys are loosing their jobs etc really doesn't mean anything. but let's put it this way, they getting their desserts.

somewhereinthedark;4300186 said:
Finally, I am sick of some people blaming Michael for this racist treatment that he endured. So because, he didn’t reveal his vitiligo until HE felt like doing so, was that a valid reason to tear him down so viciously? Would the media have done a white artist the same way? Hell no, they wouldn’t have! And the inane statement about him being treated that way because he “lied” about surgeries? What did he lie about? He always freely admitted that he had surgery on his nose and chin. Of course, the ignorant media wanted him to say he had surgery on his cheeks, lips, etc. when he didn’t. It seems as if SOME fans wanted him to admit to that crap, also. The bottomline is WTF did he have to disclose personal business, when the racist media would NEVER ask a white artist the same questions about any of that, no matter how their appearance changed. The FACTS are: Michael had vitiligo. He freely admitted that he had surgery on his nose and chin. He did NOT have surgery on his lips or cheeks, so why would he admit to those things. Some things just take rational thinking and common sense, whether SOME of you want to accept that or not.

100% agreed. Rational thinking also suggests that someone with severe wound healing problems (due to Lupus) wouldn’t undergo unnecessary surgery. I really don’t understand why this is still a topic on a fan forum. If the general public doesn’t understand all those issues, okay, they can’t be blamed, but knowing all we know there’s just no way that those stories are true.

somewhereinthedark;4300186 said:
Finally, I am sick of some people blaming Michael for this racist treatment that he endured. So because, he didn’t reveal his vitiligo until HE felt like doing so, a valid reason to tear him down so viciously? Would the media have done a white artist the same way? Hell no, they wouldn’t have! And the inane statement about him being treated that way because he “lied” about surgeries? What did he lie about? He always freely admitted that he had surgery on his nose and chin. Of course, the ignorant media wanted him to say he had surgery on his cheeks, lips, etc. when he didn’t. It seems as if SOME fans wanted him to admit to that crap, also. The bottomline is WTF did he have to disclose personal business, when the racist media would NEVER ask a white artist the same questions about any of that, no matter how their appearance changed. The FACTS are: Michael had vitiligo. He freely admitted that he had surgery on his nose and chin. He did NOT have surgery on his lips or cheeks, so why would he admit to those things. Some things just take rational thinking and common sense, whether SOME of you want to accept that or not.

I'm guessing that's aimed at me. If so, you're a bit of line here. I said he didn't help himself lying about them. (He had way more than two jobs done on his nose and we all know that) I also said he didn't help himself by keeping his skin condition secret for so long. Like it or not, there are videos on YT of fans being interviewed when Bad came out and some said they weren't buying it because of what they believed he was turning himself into (A white man basically) But, I said that was his business and no one else's and I said the media were scum for it. They still are scum. That ain't changing. The only reason they don't tear others down as badly is because they play the game with them. Michael never played the game with them.

You're just putting words in my mouth and having a go at me for zero reason. I never said anything about cheeks or lips. I also don't care, as I said, it was his business. I made the point that he didn't help himself at times with the media. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Basically, calm down and leave the anger for the dicks on Twitter

While somewhereinthedark be right sometimes. i agree. they need to control their anger. i understand it's frustrating after all these years lies etc still being made and talk about. it's ridiculous.

MOR316;4300191 said:
I'm guessing that's aimed at me. If so, you're a bit of line here. I said he didn't help himself lying about them. (He had way more than two jobs done on his nose and we all know that) I also said he didn't help himself by keeping his skin condition secret for so long. Like it or not, there are videos on YT of fans being interviewed when Bad came out and some said they weren't buying it because of what they believed he was turning himself into (A white man basically) But, I said that was his business and no one else's and I said the media were scum for it. They still are scum. That ain't changing. The only reason they don't tear others down as badly is because they play the game with them. Michael never played the game with them.

You're just putting words in my mouth and having a go at me for zero reason. I never said anything about cheeks or lips. I also don't care, as I said, it was his business. I made the point that he didn't help himself at times with the media. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Basically, calm down and leave the anger for the dicks on Twitter

The question was how many surgeries did he have and Michael answered “two”-on his nose and a clef on his chin. The next day the media claimed he lied. He didn’t. He didn’t have to go into detail about how many “touch up”s that he had on his NOSE. It seems as if some people fell for the media mantra or just didn’t understaand why He said “two” surgeries when asked that question. I wonder why I understood what he meant when others didn’t. Could it be that I didn’t fall for the media and tabloid BS? Could it be that I used common sense AND rational thinking when Michael said” I’ve only had surgery on my nose and a clef put in my chin”. He held up two fingers. He also continued and said “ I’ve never had surgery on my cheeks, lips... They go too far.”
The bottomline is that you and others PUT WORDS IN MICHAEL’S MOUTH. He NEVER said that he had only TWO surgeries on his NOSE.Do you understand how things can be manipulated or taken out of context? Btw, I am not “angry”,( that sounds like a childish excuse when someone doesn’t agree with your rhetoric). I am just PASSIONATE. Are you aware of the difference?
Finally, I will agree with ONE thing that you said, “ Michael never played the game with them”. AND that is the main reason, they hate on him and the reason that I respect and love him even more. He didn’t play THEIR game. RESPECT!!!

Last edited:
somewhereinthedark;4300194 said:
The question was how many surgeries did he have and Michael answered “two”-on his nose and a clef on his chin. The next day the media claimed he lied. He didn’t. He didn’t have to go into detail about how many “touch up”s that he had on his NOSE. It seems as if some people fell for the media mantra or just didn’t understaand why He said “two” surgeries when asked that question. I wonder why I understood what he meant when others didn’t. Could it be that I didn’t fall for the media and tabloid BS? Could it be that I used common sense AND rational thinking when Michael said” I’ve only had surgery on my nose and a clef put in my chin”. He held up two fingers. He also continued and said “ I’ve never had surgery on my cheeks, lips... They go too far.”
The bottomline is that you and others PUT WORDS IN MICHAEL’S MOUTH. He NEVER said that he had only TWO surgeries on his NOSE.Do you understand how things can be manipulated or taken out of context? Btw, I am not “angry”, I am just PASSIONATE. Are you aware of the difference?

Listen, I'm not interested in this.
His own mother, some of his closest associates, his own surgeons have all come out and said he lied and had more on his nose. If you want to believe otherwise, fine. I'm not interested in discussing it with you. I'm here for reasonable debate, to discuss all things Michael and share the love his music and artistry created and to have his back. I'm not here to be had a go at or to be deluded into believing something that isn't true.

The media are scum, was none of their business, end of. Enjoy your day

Last edited:
i truly believe michael only got surgery twice. his nose and chin. that's it. he even say it in the book the moonwalk. i do think he probably got his nose done more then two times because of his lupus but we don't know.

i'm gonna go by michael words and believe everything he said if he got more surgery then he said i wouldn't agree with it but that was his face and business.

guys this thread is about Leaving Neverland not his face or skin condition.

MOR316;4300196 said:
Listen, I'm not interested in this.
His own mother, some of his closest associates, his own surgeons have all come out and said he lied and had more on his nose. If you want to believe otherwise, fine. I'm not interested in discussing it with you. I'm here for reasonable debate, to discuss all things Michael and share the love his music and artistry created and to have his back. I'm not here to be had a go at or to be deluded into believing something that isn't true.

The media are scum, was none of their business, end of. Enjoy your day

This is my final response to you about the topic that YOU brought up. Sadly, you have a comprehension problem. The entire rebuke of your assertion is that Michael was telling the truth when he said he had surgery on TWO things-his nose and chin. 1+1=2 .Nose+ chin=2. Rational deduction. Doesn’t matter if you want to manipulate those facts, Michael was telling the truth when he answered that he had surgery on TWO things- his nose and chin. It can’t be any clearer than that. Stop trying to change things to what you and the media want.Seriously, I really didn’t know that people had that hard of a time comphrehending and thinking rationally. It’s really not that hard comprehending what he meant, when he explicitly stated” I have had my NOSE and CHIN done( and then held up 2 fingers).Would you and others rather he gone into detail about retouches on his nose and other things that was nobody’s damn business? Michael was a HUMAN BEING. It is not my right, your right, media’s right or anyone’s RIGHT to know all of Michael’s personal business, just because he sings, dances,etc. This does NOT give you or anyone else the right to say that the things that happened to him was “ his fault” because he truthfully said he had two surgeries done- nose and chin. It does not give you the right to say that it was his fault because he didn’t say that he had vitiligo, when YOU wanted him to say so. Remember, when he did disclose that painful fact, people still didn’t believe him?

You are going to have to understand that not everyone, especially not me, is going to agree with your rhetoric. That’s life. When I read or hear something that I know is false, then I’m going to say something whether I’m the only one saying it or not. Bottomline, I don’t agree with you on most of the things you posted. However, I do agree that Michael didn’t play THEIR( media and other conspirators) game. Even more of a reason that I respect and love this MAN as much or more than I love his MUSIC.

Last edited:
guys this thread is about Leaving Neverland not his face or skin condition.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Those people that constantly bring up crap about Michael’s face or skin need to stop being so sensitive and childish when they are called out about this type of thing. This is what the Media has done for over 35 years and now we have inconsiderate fans doing it. Enough is enough.

Last edited:
The Europe media always had a problem with Michael. it's pretty much racism. why? i don't know. i don't understand racism either and this is coming from someone who is African American. i understand that racism is taught but i'm really starting believe in the blood.

he was a powerful black man. so of course people hated and was/is jealous of him. also i wouldn't just say he was black but he was very successful too. no one hasn't got on his level yet.

Not really. The british media is run by middle class public scool boys. The establishment, as with most things in the uk its who you know not what you know. Jobs for the boys! Mj didnt conform to what they wanted him to be. Now living in mainland europe there is a mark difference to the way mj is treated here compaired to the uk press.

I was listening to Charles Thomson's interview on the MJCast yesterday and keep thinking of one of the comments he made that the UK press have always hated Michael.

I think it has to do with the Beatles and their catalogue

I always find it telling how many people don't want to attribute racism to the way Michael was treated by the press, the comedians. The absolute dehumanization he faced for 2 decades. Absolutely because of racism, whether you want to admit it or not. There are additional factors but the major factor is racism, in my very subjective opinion.

Back