HIStory 25 [MERGED]

UK Sales - Official Charts Company

Update 21 August

BLOOD ON THE DANCE FLOOR / HIStory In The Mix
283,000 units sold to date and approximately 6 MILLION worldwide

Honestly, the Estate should stop linking things to anniversaries. Don't be beholden to that criteria. Just pick an album that you think is worthy of celebration and celebrate it. No need to say, "We need to do something for this anniversary!"

If they don't put out a HIStory 25 this year, I'd like to see a HIStory: Book II next year, with the first disc featuring the 1995 album and the second featuring new material from all eras. That way we can get rid of the boring "greatest hits" package, celebrate the criminally underrated original album, and get a new album out of it. Two birds, one stone.

Honestly, the Estate should stop linking things to anniversaries. Don't be beholden to that criteria. Just pick an album that you think is worthy of celebration and celebrate it. No need to say, "We need to do something for this anniversary!"

If they don't put out a HIStory 25 this year, I'd like to see a HIStory: Book II next year, with the first disc featuring the 1995 album and the second featuring new material from all eras. That way we can get rid of the boring "greatest hits" package, celebrate the criminally underrated original album, and get a new album out of it. Two birds, one stone.

Sounds perfect!

Today 25 years ago, 24. August 1995

Two reports about the record breaking No.1 debut of Michael Jackson's "You Are Not Alone" single in the american Billboard chart. Recorded from CNN Showbiz and MTV News (Europe).

Did this ever happen again after You Are Not Alone? For other artists I mean... entering straight at No.1 in that chart?

edit... found the answer:
https://www.billboard.com/photos/426225/billboard-hot-100-number-1-song-debuts

Looks like something changed in 1995, so this got easier to achive from then on.

Last edited:

I like your idea.

I agree it does not need to be re-released as an anniversary album.

Who cares if it's 25 or 27 years since it was released... Just celebrate the album because it's amazing.

Lot's of extra materiale - if they do release a HIStory concert I really really hope they do add some extra materiale - rehearsal footage.

So disappointing they was no extra materiale on Bucharest. - and the extra materiale on Wembley was disappointing... - Need to see rehearsal footage and a glimpse into the making of the tour process.

Lot's of extra materiale - if they do release a HIStory concert I really really hope they do add some extra materiale - rehearsal footage.

I'd love to see the 1995 One Night Only rehearsals. The Damien Shields article and the clips from LaVelle Smith make that show look absolutely phenomenal. But something tells me we'll never see it because of the HBO drama :(

This pretty much sums up how I feel about other people finishing an artist’s incomplete songs. :laughing:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Jls-KoJfeJM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'd love to see the 1995 One Night Only rehearsals. The Damien Shields article and the clips from LaVelle Smith make that show look absolutely phenomenal. But something tells me we'll never see it because of the HBO drama :(
Im pretty sure they dont own rehearsal footage. The show never came about so they shouldnt hold anything. I think its more of mj passing out at a certain point. I have to reread the article once i find it because im tryna remember exactly how much footage he was even on or how much he actually did

Im pretty sure they dont own rehearsal footage. The show never came about so they shouldnt hold anything. I think its more of mj passing out at a certain point. I have to reread the article once i find it because im tryna remember exactly how much footage he was even on or how much he actually did

I believe Damien Shields' article said that two full dress rehearsals with Michael were filmed.

Even so, the HBO agreement could easily have a stipulation forcing collaboration between HBO and Michael/the Estate for anything involving the show's commercial release or airing. This is all just speculation of course and hopefully you're right, but I wouldn't bet on ever getting to see it.

ScreenOrigami;4303252 said:
I&#8217;m still waiting for my shirts. Anyone from Europe got theirs yet?

I've seen a few people receive them on Twitter. Which shirts did you order?

dam2040;4303253 said:
I've seen a few people receive them on Twitter. Which shirts did you order?

The white v-neck from the second set, listed for release on 7th August 2020.

MJ_History_WomenLSWhite_1200x1200_Front_2048x2048.png

And a couple of other items that I don&#8217;t even recall anymore right now. :D
I think a HTW face mask and one of the regular shirts.

Still waiting on my Dangerous album art face mask... now it says it will ship on the 4th. Whoever they're using to make this merch must be really slowed down due to COVID.

I wish there were a quick and easy way to communicate delays, such as &#8211; maybe a letter? But sent electronically?

Today 25 years ago Michael performed at the MTV VMAs 1995.

Three reports from CNN and MTV Europe:

And one from RTL, Germany (with English subtitles):

Last edited:
The estate is literally sitting on a gold mine if they would re-release anniversary releases of all these albums I'm a bit disappointed though

The estate is literally sitting on a gold mine if they would re-release anniversary releases of all these albums I'm a bit disappointed though
Maybe they're living off the money they made over the course of 10yrs.... what have we really gotten besides otw2016 & i dont count scream as a album. Thats more of a mix cd to me! Xscape came out 6years ago & otw had nothing to offer except chalk (still can't get over that) I don't expect the estate to do nothing. They're old af anyway. Thats why they don't care & they actually knew him & probably have saw & heard everything we want. It's not special to them so they don't gaf! Smh the agony inside the dying head!

In September 1995 MTV turned into "MJTV" with a week full of Michael Jackson specials
including the TV premiere of Captain EO (USA only).

One trailer from MTV Europe and two from MTV USA:

Last edited:
In the meantime, The Prince estate is reissuing albums with dozens of unreleased material...

In the meantime, The Prince estate is reissuing albums with dozens of unreleased material...

They have that luxury. Michael's Estate doesn't.

(NOTE: For those who have seen me bitch about this time and time again, it isn't a defense for the Estate's radio silence. It's simply not sensible to compare the amount of unreleased material we get from the Prince estate versus the MJ estate, because it's a known fact that Prince has FAR more releasable music. You can compare the frequency of the projects themselves, but not the music contained within. It's nonsensical.)

Back