Which Dangerous Tour concert you would like to see released?

Snek;4306305 said:
ooo I’ve heard about this, is this the concert where he sang a cappella to the crowd while they were waiting for the stage crew to fix things?

Yes, this is the concert where he sang a cappella to the crowd while they were waiting for the stage crew to fix things.

It is also true that he spoke to the audience a lot more than he usually did while the stage crew wiped the stage (due to the heavy rain).

But the 1992 Cardiff Dangerous concert was literally a disaster in every aspect (for example, his dance moves are also somewhat restrained because of the wet stage), and it is never going to get an official release (although it is probably the most interesting Dangerous concert for his fans to watch because of all those unexpected and unusual things that happened there).

Also, there are fans who want a 1993 Dangerous concert official release because, according to them, the 1993 allegations against him made him perform his up-tempo songs (‘Jam’, ‘Smooth Criminal’, ‘Black Or White’, etc) in a more aggressive and powerful way.

These fans want a 1993 Dangerous concert official release also because of his ‘Dangerous’ performance.

^^^

I would actually prefer a concert from before the allegations - back when MJ was happy.

It must have been hard to go on stage and perform with those vicious and false allegations over his head - and the world press going crazy with BS...

The 93 shows are hard to watch knowing what MJ was going through at that time. And the setlists for those shows were shorter. Working Day And Night and Beat It were removed for the 93 shows, and Man In The Mirror also wasn't included in some shows.

93 shows did have the best performance for Dangerous for me. That is probably the only positive from the 93 shows.

The 93 shows do have my favourite live version of Dangerous because it has the ''I cannot sleep alone at night'' part included.

The only show I personally have any interest in is opening night in Munich. Since it's the first night he's in peak vocal shape, and he (for whatever reason) sings the original keys of "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'" and "Beat It."

Another interesting this about Munich 1992 is that the playback failed for Smooth Criminal so Michael was forced to sing the first verse live.

The only show I personally have any interest in is opening night in Munich. Since it's the first night he's in peak vocal shape, and he (for whatever reason) sings the original keys of "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'" and "Beat It."

Though in beat it he was singing of-key all the time.. so not sure if they would release this.. i am sure they would fix that..

Though in beat it he was singing of-key all the time.. so not sure if they would release this.. i am sure they would fix that..

Yes.Beat it was too hard for him to sing in the original key. I don't think MJ would ever want the public to see that concert.

Yes.Beat it was too hard for him to sing in the original key. I don't think MJ would ever want the public to see that concert.

Well, i am pretty sure MJ wouldn't also want to see a VHS rip of wembley 88 released but they did it though.. :D

I wonder why Michael tried singing WBSS and Beat It in their original keys at Munich. Maybe he wanted to challenge himself?

analogue;4306426 said:
I wonder why Michael tried singing WBSS and Beat It in their original keys at Munich. Maybe he wanted to challenge himself?

I just don’t think the reality of getting older and not being able to sing live and dance like that anymore had hit him yet. No shame in it, it is incredibly difficult!

Yeah Munich is great but I would still put wembley over it just because he had everything perfected by then. First night you're still trying to see what works and what doesn't. Only plus is having the full set list but estate can add them as a bonus or edit them in.

For me I'd like to see either Munich, one of the Tokyo shows or Wembley. I know that's 3 lol but if i had to choose one it would be one of the Tokyo shows for sure.

Snek;4306427 said:
I just don’t think the reality of getting older and not being able to sing live and dance like that anymore had hit him yet. No shame in it, it is incredibly difficult!

But it's not like he was singing those songs in their original keys up until Munich 1992.

The early shows with the full setlist are fun to watch, especially Munich and Oslo. Rome, Monza, and Cologne look like great concerts. Although I doubt it because well, there are no photos, is it true that Michael wore the blue shirt in MITM in Cologne? I remember reading that somewhere

analogue;4306431 said:
But it's not like he was singing those songs in their original keys up until Munich 1992.

Was the Bad Tour version of these songs in a lower key as well? I am incredibly bad at judging these things by ear 😆

Well in that case, I don’t think there is any way that they rehearsed it in the lower key only for the band to decide to play in the original key during the first concert. I still believe MJ had to realise how difficult it was to sing and dance in that key at his age before he decided to lower it for subsequent concerts.

Was the Bad Tour version of these songs in a lower key as well? I am incredibly bad at judging these things by ear 😆

Same here 😬 So would be great to know if he did it before?

In terms of concerts I'd like to see... Definitely Wembley or the NYE Tokyo Dome concert! But the list could really go on because similarly I'd be so curious to see Munich or fan favourites like Monza in higher quality as well just because I'm so curious to see these earlier shows 😂

I would quite like to see Monza in HD, it looks like a great show and MJ was on fire

The choice of original key for Munich is interesting, it's something we've never quite got to the bottom of. Did he sing the songs in the original key in the Dangerous rehearsals we have? I'm not musically inclined enough

I would quite like to see Monza in HD, it looks like a great show and MJ was on fire

The choice of original key for Munich is interesting, it's something we've never quite got to the bottom of. Did he sing the songs in the original key in the Dangerous rehearsals we have? I'm not musically inclined enough

Out of all the Dangerous shows i've seen, both professional and amature, I think Monza is the greatest out of them all. I would love to see Monza (2nd night) in HD.

How about we have Wembley 1992 but then edit in performances of BAD, The Way You Make Me Feel and Dangerous into it?
I had wanted to do this for a while actually- a “special edition” of the Dangerous tour with clips of performances taken from various shows all cut together to make the “definitive” version of the show.

I would like to do the same with the HIStory and Bad tours as well.

Personally, I would like to have one of the early 1993 shows (where he didn’t wear the shirt and tie for “Dangerous”), the first Tokyo show or the Wembley show. Monza is also a good choice.

Besides that, I think the 1993 set would have been perfect if he added “Beat It” right after “Thriller”, but not add any other songs (why the hell did he do “Working Day And Night”, “Bad” and TWYMMF on the Dangerous tour?).

Additionally, he could have taken some more time to get the “Remember The Time” performance right and it would have been amazing (and a better choice for the set than WD&N or the two songs from the “Bad” album).

The two Stockholm shows, but especially the July 18th, 1992 one! My first time seeing Michael perform LIVE!! 😍😍😍😍

If I recall correctly, I think for the rehearsals he did it in the Bad tour key (basically the same as the Dangerous tour key). He probably just wanted to challenge himself a bit by doing the songs in the original key, and then realised how difficult that was and so lowered the key after Munich 1992.

In my opinion if he had lowered the key for a few more of the old songs, he could have done more songs with live vocals (like “Thriller” or TWYMMF).

I have an immeasurable amount of envy for those who saw MJ live. 💔
I can totally understand…AND relate!!! I was DYING to go to see Michael during the Bad tour but I was too young. So during the Dangerous tour…NOTHING was going to stop me!!! 💪🏻 I was still underage but I got myself a job to pay for the ticket and hotel and travel and told my parents that this time I AM GOING!! Don’t care where in the world..I’M GOING!!! So I went to Sweden alone!! 💪🏻😂😂 And got to see MJ twice because they had added a show for the 17th too and I found out that when I arrived to Stockholm so I immediately went yo the stadium and was able to get a ticket! Unfortunately, I had my camera with me so security didn’t let me in at first and I had to go to a place where you could leave your bag and then go back, so buy the time I had gotten my ticket, given my bag into the storage…I had missed the behinning of the show and Michael was just starting the Motown medley when I got in. But still got to see more then half of the show! 😍😍😍😍

I hope we get a new Dangerous Tour concert release at some point. Blu-Ray would be great but I'm ok with normal DVD if they don't have any concert in HD.
Yeah, DVD would be fine. Same quality as Blu-ray, but the disc is cheaper and works in more players.

Also Slash was there for Black or White at one of the concerts at least:
Yeah, with the setlist changing slightly between legs, it should definitely be a performance which is as different as possible from Bucharest. Always good to try to capture these unique moments as well.

I want a "best of" Dangerous tour with various shows edited together.
That could work.

But really, at this stage, Victory Tour would offer the best value.

Yeah, DVD would be fine. Same quality as Blu-ray, but the disc is cheaper and works in more players.
You're so wrong. The container DVD uses is flawed. Check any SD BluRay versus its DVD counterpart. BluRay is able to retain the actual quality of the SD master, as a 1:1 copy practically.

Back