A Film Release Of Michael Jacksons Bad Tour 1988/89! PETITION | All help needed!

I Loved the Wembley Concert, Major props for the Peformance of the night and the Remixed audio was great.
But just like the most leaked concerts in recent years it was just a VHS Recorded full jumbotron/Bigscreen footage.
Obviously for a Blue ray,They need to pick one concert that has all the HQ Camera footages for all angles (3-5 spots)
Mix it into one,and that's it.Rather than releasing a Not so good Jumborton Tape,which also aged over time.

Personally I Don't care that much about the Final L.A Shows.Mike was Tired.Some song got pitched down or arrenged differently (Dirty Diana got removed)
I'm also hoping for a First leg USA Concert:Fresh Start High Energy,Less playback ect.But i don't mind if it would be some European shows.

But in conclusion.why i'm hoping for it.Estate and $ony are Lazy as Hell.

IMWhizzle;4308402 said:
Thanks for breathing life in this thread again. The estate updated their FAQ not so long ago stating that they don’t know where the films reels are. But I don’t believe that.

I honestly wish they were lying. I believe them on this one. They didnt even have TWYMMF July 15 so they used July 14th and dubbed it. Considering what we got, a mixed/edited show wouldnt of been bad at all tbh.

I honestly wish they were lying. I believe them on this one. They didnt even have TWYMMF July 15 so they used July 14th and dubbed it. Considering what we got, a mixed/edited show wouldnt of been bad at all tbh.

Now this is just me thinking about it... but what if they didn't use TWYMMF performance from July 15 because there were film cameras on the stage? They would know we'd be asking for that footage non stop.

I think the conspiracy theories are a little silly.

Yeah, except I'm not talking about some irrational, made up BS. We do know that some songs were filmed at Wembley. Do we know when and which songs? No, so it's still a big possibility. They surely also had a VHS tape of the 15th show too, so why not use it? They gave us an entire show sourced from VHS. I ain't buying that they don't have any copy from the concerts.

Have you ever seen the Gothenburg show? guess what. Not only the film cam appears at APOM, but also on SOOML and the J5 Medley. Maybe you can find it on some other songs.

Now the petition has almost 8000 signatures. I think we should try to get even more. The petition probably won't work but I'm sure Estate would think about it if it had like 10 000 signatures.

That trailer HappyLee made is great:

It has over 30 000 views. I wish they all would sign the petition.

Now the petition has almost 8000 signatures. I think we should try to get even more. The petition probably won't work but I'm sure Estate would think about it if it had like 10 000 signatures.

Yeah I received an email detailing that after I chipped in, another 100 or so signed it. I think this is an impressive feat as its stayed mostly within the fan community. I hope the estate appreciate how much we want this tour in the quality it deserves.

If only the estate found the lost film.
The peitition is promising though.

Fingers crossed we will see this in good quality one day.

The best way to make people focus on MJ's art is by making it available for people to enjoy.

He is often acknowledged as on of the best live performers ever. - Yet we only have DWT - Bucharest and BWT - Wembley (and not the best quality)

I know The Estate can't release it themselves - but Triumph and Victory tours needs to have a concert released in great quality. It shows the development.

And BAD (which is the best tour with best live vocals - and most live vocals) needs more releases - at least 1 in great quality. Don't care if it's a compilation of different concerts.

The best way to make people focus on MJ's art is by making it available for people to enjoy.

He is often acknowledged as on of the best live performers ever. - Yet we only have DWT - Bucharest and BWT - Wembley (and not the best quality)

I know The Estate can't release it themselves - but Triumph and Victory tours needs to have a concert released in great quality. It shows the development.

And BAD (which is the best tour with best live vocals - and most live vocals) needs more releases - at least 1 in great quality. Don't care if it's a compilation of different concerts.
Agreed. Mjs entire live career should be showcased. Destiny, Triumph, Victory etc should be given some attention. They should of included a jacksons concert with OTW anniversary. I know victory tour has a lot of red tape/copyright issues but it is a crime on humanity that footage like this is just shelved. The estate considered an edited HQ bad tour show with multitrack audio at one point. A collector's label would be perfect for this since some fans dont think mj concerts will sell. A well edited Jacksons concert would be and should be released.

Victory Tour release would be awesome. They should released one of the concerts seen in this:

Yeah, except I'm not talking about some irrational, made up BS. We do know that some songs were filmed at Wembley. Do we know when and which songs? No, so it's still a big possibility. They surely also had a VHS tape of the 15th show too, so why not use it? They gave us an entire show sourced from VHS. I ain't buying that they don't have any copy from the concerts.

Have you ever seen the Gothenburg show? guess what. Not only the film cam appears at APOM, but also on SOOML and the J5 Medley. Maybe you can find it on some other songs.

You're doing exactly that. The film cameras are there, no one is denying that.

Saying that the Estate didn't give us footage because it had a film camera in it is exactly what I originally said, a silly baseless conspiracy theory.

I get we're desperate for the footage but that is grasping at straws.

Saying that the Estate didn't give us footage because it had a film camera in it is exactly what I originally said, a silly baseless conspiracy theory.

According to Dave Powell, all the material directed by Patrick Kelley was catalogued and identified following the release of BAD 25. I assume this would be the same instance for the performances directed by Bill Pecchi, as they were in the same 2 year period.

Would be cool if they've discovered a possibility for a high Def Dangerous Tour performance too, even if just a montage of different shows. Their are a few tid bits of information to at least suggest the possibility of full songs and maybe a couple of shows were shot on film, more than likely though different tracks from a few concerts.. Evidence is suggesting - Tokyo, Bangkok and Mexico right now.

Its pretty cool to know that their is footage from all three of the solo tours that can be unveiled in high definition, without possibly knowing certain and additional details though its impossible to guess when we/if we may ever see this footage.

Last edited:
Next year the Wembley dvd will be 10 years old. They really should release more concerts.

Next year the Wembley dvd will be 10 years old. They really should release more concerts.

I know right? Kinda crazy huh, a few people have revealed that some of the BAD Tour masters (including the Patrick Kelley footage) were catalogued and identified a year after BAD 25 was released. High Def concert should be the priority but I also wouldn't mind a re-release of July 16th from the master tape with improved audio.

did u really reply to me almost 4 months later

Thanks. Do we know what is the source for this upload ? Quality looks indeed better than what we have for the moment.

Looks like the same source to me, just with the contrast and saturation levels lowered.

This tour deserves a release. I know MJ didnt approve of it at the time but it would be a really good release imo. Especially for people who live in USA/Canada that attended. To the general public this is "MJs Prime" Thriller Era. It would appeal to them for sure. Rumored at least 1 show to be filmed. If it exists they better not lose it like the Bad tour films lol. This was the biggest tour at the time. Instant seller imo.

This tour deserves a release. I know MJ didnt approve of it at the time but it would be a really good release imo. Especially for people who live in USA/Canada that attended. To the general public this is "MJs Prime" Thriller Era. It would appeal to them for sure. Rumored at least 1 show to be filmed. If it exists they better not lose it like the Bad tour films lol. This was the biggest tour at the time. Instant seller imo.

Lost? No. Misplaced? Yes. According to Dave Powell (Go Flying, the guy who handed the Multitrack over to the estate) the Patrick Kelley directed footage was catalogued and identified following the release of BAD 25, around a year later. This includes the concert film + on the road documentary described by Warren Eagles (colourist and telecine worker for Vision, the production House in Soho London where the project was originally worked on) and also the Aintree Racecourse performance from Liverpool, September 11th. Dave Powell confirmed Aintree was filmed in full but with poor results so would require additional work. In regards to the Victory Tour I'd assume at least two full shows considering the amount of film material Kelly's crew were capturing (30 miles before reaching Chicago).

I really want an MJ concert in full 16:9.

That would be incredible. My most desired: J5 70-74, Destiny 3rd leg, Victory, BAD 87 & 88 and Dangerous (we have fragments of info/pics but nothing currently to suggest something complete exists at this moment in time).

I really want an MJ concert in full 16:9.

That would be great but I hope they keep the original aspect ratio. I don't think they should crop 4:3 to 16:9. I don't want them to cut Michael's feet out of the picture.

^^ That would never happen, their choices can be questioned at times but they know Michael's talent as a dancer is as prolific as the rest of his craft. As a dancer, you'd want to show him head to toe as much as possible. Also, film has an aspect ratio of 3:2 so it would be more technically competent to adjust the pixel ratio slightly to match current standards.

Film camera backstage at the LA show in 1988...

Source:

^ I've never seen those first songs snippets before. Thanks for sharing.

Back