Smooth Criminal leans on HIStory Tour 1997

in my opinion i don't like history tour period. i'm probably the only fan to doesn't like it but love Michael.

I agree, the HIStory Tour is overrated. YANA & HTW especially, such boring pieces. Lip syncing and walking around the stage, there's enough of that tour out there now. There's plenty of DWT also, four of which being leaked... Would be cool to see a master of either Munich or Wembley 92' though. The BWT is Michael's finest hour, he was at his peak. Nothing comes close to his performance on this tour other than the Victory Tour maybe.

Were is it overrated? Hardly a single thread (at least on here) where negativity doesn't kick in after a few posts. :D

The performances from this tour on YouTube especially are the most viewed, and so many wish for more shows to be released.. I don't see the appeal myself, but respect those who do. We only really need one more official release from Michael's solo touring career and that's the performances from 1988, when eventually found. I have a bigger longing for the Unseen TII rehearsals and studio footage from BAD, MITM at United We Stand & a night at the appollo than the HWT myself. I don't know about you guys.

HIStory tour is my favorite tour, and I want more concerts from the tour :)

Taking into account Michael's work with his brothers, I'd love to see the Destiny & Victory Tours released officially and the Triumph Tour in Los Angeles on YouTube maybe. In addition, an early J5 show would be cool.. If, it exists of course. It certainly did at some point in time.

HIStory tour is my favorite tour, and I want more concerts from the tour :)

I respect your opinion but there's really nothing left to see, just recently we've had leaked: Basel 1997, Johannesburg 1997 and Brunei NYE 1996 in HQ.. Not sure if I'm missing any, of course as well as the other 10 or so shows that have been out there for a considerable length of time now.

I agree, the HIStory Tour is overrated. YANA & HTW especially, such boring pieces. Lip syncing and walking around the stage, there's enough of that tour out there now. There's plenty of DWT also, four of which being leaked... Would be cool to see a master of either Munich or Wembley 92' though. The BWT is Michael's finest hour, he was at his peak. Nothing comes close to his performance on this tour other than the Victory Tour maybe. The BWT is Michael's finest hour, he was at his peak. Nothing comes close to his performance on this tour other than the Victory Tour maybe.

same here. i'm all for bad and victory. not a fan of dangerous but it's better than history in my opinion.

I respect your opinion but there's really nothing left to see, just recently we've had leaked: Basel 1997, Johannesburg 1997 and Brunei NYE 1996 in HQ.. Not sure if I'm missing any, of course as well as the other 10 or so shows that have been out there for a considerable length of time now.

I still want more :D

Taking into account Michael's work with his brothers, I'd love to see the Destiny & Victory Tours released officially and the Triumph Tour in Los Angeles on YouTube maybe. In addition, an early J5 show would be cool.. If, it exists of course. It certainly did at some point in time.

I want an early j5 concert

I want an early j5 concert

Yeah, his brothers could do great things if greed wasn't at the forefront of their desire. Live at The Forum 72' I think it was? That show sounds incredible, blasted.

same. i want all michael concerts period. whatever i like them or not. michael should have all of that in general. Elvis estate has been dropping and rereleasing his concerts, tours, and movies etc. Michael was/is the biggest superstar of the world. he should have all of that as well. and Elvis has been gone 40+ years now while Michael been for almost 12 years. same with prince and he been gone only a few years now.

maybe we can try talking to Motown or epic records, they probably got some footage somewhere or his brothers. i know there some hiding tapes somewhere even if there not in HQ.

Yeah, his brothers could do great things if greed wasn't at the forefront of their desire. Live at The Forum 72' I think it was? That show sounds incredible, blasted.

it's sad his family was all with greed but i do want those concerts. we all know michael childhood was awful even if he did pretend it to be happy. he did a good job. :(

same. i want all michael concerts period. whatever i like them or not. michael should have all of that in general. Elvis estate has been dropping and rereleasing his concerts, tours, and movies etc. Michael was/is the biggest superstar of the world. he should have all of that as well. and Elvis has been gone 40+ years now while Michael been for almost 12 years. same with prince and he been gone only a few years now.

maybe we can try talking to Motown or epic records, they probably got some footage somewhere or his brothers. i know there some hiding tapes somewhere even if there not in HQ.

I think to be realistic, over many years I'd expect maybe one show from each tour in High Def where available. I'm not sure in regards to the Jackson's tours where the footage may be, of course one would expect it to be in the hands of the estate or with Motown/CBS/Universal etc.. also remembering that Frank DiLeo was Michael's manager at the time of the Victory Tour. It all remains to be seen right now, but we all have certain things that we'd much rather see over others.

it's sad his family was all with greed but i do want those concerts. we all know michael childhood was awful even if he did pretend it to be happy. he did a good job. :(

Yeah, when his father told him that he was too black and his nose was too big, he was only human but he was that professional it wouldn't be obvious to most people what he was going through...

Just so my fail-photo isn't the only lean from HWT in here...
Here's a nice one:

History-Tour-on-stage-michael-jackson-7593935-876-589.jpg

(Don't know where this was. Google-find.)

Yeah, when his father told him that he was too black and his nose was too big, he was only human but he was that professional it wouldn't be obvious to most people what he was going through...

That's really sad he did that to his own kids but like michael said he got it the worst. :cry: i'm not sure what his mom was thinking but it's really sad how the kids was raise. i know it's a different time but still sad though. michael probably could of been dead before he was teen thank god he didn't.

Here's a nice one:

Slightly enhanced for those interested...

I don't think the quality is as good in that bug scene. It might be just upscaled.

The whole ZDF broadcast was upscaled. Its certainly edited, by Kingdom Entertainment... As broadcasted I believe its the version of the concert that would have been released back in the day.

Michael was 50 when he was rehearsing this is it. we didn't see him do the lean but at his age and the shape he was in i don't think he could of done it though they said he running so for a 50 year old to run like that he probably could of lean too. :laughing:

michael was coming to age in the history tour. he was 38 and follow by the previous tours he fallen etc. plus he was on prescription drugs. michael had alot of health problems plus age can make it worst.

Here's a nice one:

That pic was used on the back the Bucharest DVD. An image from the HIStory Tour was used for a Dangerous Tour concert.

Any way to tell what concert this could be?
I'd have no clue on that one, sorry
1st leg of the HIStory Tour (Michael had more dancers with him = 6 of them)
My guess is Auckland or Sydney?

Only in Prague (1st concert) and Budapest (2nd concert) did he wear a black headset, starting from Bucharest (3rd concert) he wrapped a silver tape around the black wire. In in 97 leg he switched to a golden headset. Since in this picture the headset is black, I think it's either from prague or budapest.

Check out this thread: https://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/threads/125045-Michael-Jackson-s-History-Tour-Microphone

I agree, the HIStory Tour is overrated. YANA & HTW especially, such boring pieces. Lip syncing and walking around the stage, there's enough of that tour out there now. There's plenty of DWT also, four of which being leaked... Would be cool to see a master of either Munich or Wembley 92' though. The BWT is Michael's finest hour, he was at his peak. Nothing comes close to his performance on this tour other than the Victory Tour maybe.

Exactly! What's the appeal in certain fans wanting more History Tour concerts? What is the difference between YANA in Prague 96 and YANA Munich 97? It's the same thing with Michael walking around the stage lip syncing. Where is the difference?

Back