The Paul Anka tracks -- 1980 or 1983?

i'm not saying those tracks on the Michael album should stay there but in my opinion that's isn't the problem.

I have to disagree. - These 3 songs on Michael - and still being available on Spotify, iTunes etc. etc. is the biggest problem since MJ died.
I heard the 3 songs yesterday again... The musical production of Breaking News is actually great, but those vocals?

Just the fact that there could be any doubt was enough IMO that these songs should never ever have been released. If it really is MJ there is never any doubt...

The Estate - and SONY - should rerelease Michael without the 3 fake vocal songs and then they could add demo versions of other songs or just make the album a very short album. - The 7 real songs are actually very good all of them.

I have to disagree. - These 3 songs on Michael - and still being available on Spotify, iTunes etc. etc. is the biggest problem since MJ died.
I heard the 3 songs yesterday again... The musical production of Breaking News is actually great, but those vocals?

Just the fact that there could be any doubt was enough IMO that these songs should never ever have been released. If it really is MJ there is never any doubt...

The Estate - and SONY - should rerelease Michael without the 3 fake vocal songs and then they could add demo versions of other songs or just make the album a very short album. - The 7 real songs are actually very good all of them.

Agreed. It's so disrespectful to still have those tracks out there under his name. Any claim the Estate makes of caring about Michael and his work is hollow as long as they are allowing that, in my opinion.

YES!

A slightly different idea that I've had for a long time, is the release of an album that is a hybrid album using the best songs from Invincible (since it never really had proper marketing and promotion) and the seven songs from Michael, together with a few good out-takes/demos from that time period and perhaps one unreleased song that is finished enough to be added, either as it is, or contemporised.

^^^

It's not because I don't like the idea, I just think Invincible is actually a pretty good album, and it would devalue MJ's work if the Estate made it look like it was not worth releasing on it's own...

But a mix between Invincible, Michael and Xscape could make one hell of a great double-album.

Back