Michael's Unreleased Material [MERGED]

mj_frenzy;4308988 said:
will.i.am stated some time ago that all these songs (that they together worked on) were not perfected in the way someone like Michael Jackson wanted them to be perfected.

This means that all of them are unfinished, and he went on to repeat also (in the same interview) that he is not going to finish them and then to release them.

This recent will.i.am’s statement confirms what John Branca said about that (that even these two “finished” songs do not basically exist).

Once again, they're clearly complete enough for Will to try and release one on his own album.

Well, they can re-release the unreleased songs from the UC.... I think that We´ve had enough should be released properly and should be a single... We´ve seen that they have no problem to re-releasing songs, like they did for michael with I like The Way you Loving Me...

Also I´d be happy if they could release all of them as a double album like Xscape. Mixed and untouched demos... Would be interesting what would We´ve had Enough sounded... I mean, not to remix them from scratch, but follow the pattern. Like the immortal album, great sound, patter of the songs is still there, fresh mix and a lot of new features...

lubyss;4309055 said:
Well, they can re-release the unreleased songs from the UC.... I think that We´ve had enough should be released properly and should be a single... We´ve seen that they have no problem to re-releasing songs, like they did for michael with I like The Way you Loving Me...

Also I´d be happy if they could release all of them as a double album like Xscape. Mixed and untouched demos... Would be interesting what would We´ve had Enough sounded... I mean, not to remix them from scratch, but follow the pattern. Like the immortal album, great sound, patter of the songs is still there, fresh mix and a lot of new features...

I agree with this. I've had similar thoughts myself, over the years. "We've Had Enough" definitely needs something more than it's had, so far.

Re: List of Michael's Unreleased Material

thank you so much for taking the time to share this really was interesting to read

I tried to contact one of the engineers who recorded the Ireland sessions in September/October 2006, but he won't speak about them. I feel as though, at this point, the only way to get any confirmation on the Will.i.am tracks is by asking someone who ISN'T John Branca or Will.i.am.

lubyss;4309055 said:

This is not going to happen because they made it clear that they do not intend to release more full-fledged albums after the ‘Xscape’ album.

The ‘Xscape’ album was the second and final, full-fledged album that they released.

Rob Stringer (Sony Music’s Chief Executive) stated two years ago that the Estate and Sony Music focus on releasing one-off songs for streaming purposes, which makes sense because we are living in a track-based world.

Rob Stringer also revealed that there are only a few unheard and complete, very good songs from Michael Jackson’s vault that they may sporadically release in the future.

There is also another thing: their aim is to release unheard songs in which Michael Jackson sang them from beginning to end multiple times because as L.A. Reid said (the man from Epic Records who also works with the Estate and Sony Music) that is the only indication that these songs spoke to Michael Jackson’s love to them.

Unfortunately, there are not many such songs (where Michael Jackson sang them from beginning to end multiple times), which also explains why they cannot include them on full-fledged albums, but they can only afford to release these songs individually on an one-off basis.

mj_frenzy;4309076 said:
This is not going to happen because they made it clear that they do not intend to release more full-fledged albums after the ‘Xscape’ album.

The ‘Xscape’ album was the second and final, full-fledged album that they released.

Rob Stringer (Sony Music’s Chief Executive) stated two years ago that the Estate and Sony Music focus on releasing one-off songs for streaming purposes, which makes sense because we are living in a track-based world.

Rob Stringer also revealed that there are only a few unheard and complete, very good songs from Michael Jackson’s vault that they may sporadically release in the future.

There is also another thing: their aim is to release unheard songs in which Michael Jackson sang them from beginning to end multiple times because as L.A. Reid said (the man from Epic Records who also works with the Estate and Sony Music) that is the only indication that these songs spoke to Michael Jackson’s love to them.

Unfortunately, there are not many such songs (where Michael Jackson sang them from beginning to end multiple times), which also explains why they cannot include them on full-fledged albums, but they can only afford to release these songs individually on an one-off basis.

OMG. you always make me laugh... Why you write all theese things, we already know? I understand that all this writting style is just for your attention and maybe your ego wants to add your 2 cents into the discussions no matter what, but please... At least read what you are responding to...Was I talking about new unreleased songs??? No! I was talking about released songs on the ultimate collection, ´cause there was no problem to re-release and remix I Like The Way You Loving Me....

Why you write with the style like we´re all i*iots here... We know who is L.A. Raid, and we know that the man says lies. If it was the case they want to release only songs Michael sang multiple times, why they released Love Never Felt So Good? Mike sang it only one time, and they didn´t even had the multitracks to the song, cause it was only one version, Mike with piano instrumental. You can clearly hear the original piano instrumental through the whole remixed version...

^^ Where did you get this list? Almost all of it is incorrect sadly.

EDIT for clarification: all of these titles are real, and most of them don't have confirmed recording dates/eras.

Last edited:
Bobi MJ;4309090 said:
"11:00 PM" - (Fake song?) Written and recorded in 2008

"Adore You" - Written and recorded during the Invincible session.

"Apocalypse Now" - Written and recorded during the Bad session.

"A Baby Smiles" - Written and recorded during the Off The Wall sessions. The lyrics of the song appeared as a poem titled "When a Baby Smiles" in the book Dancing the Dream, published in 1992.

"Bad Girl" - Fake song.

"Bang Your Head" - Written and recorded in 2008?

"Bio" - Fake song

"Boots Groove" - Fake song.

"Boy No" - Written and recorded in 2008?

"Broken Chair" - Written and recorded in 2008?

"Butter Funk" - Written and Recorded in 2008 - 2009.

"California Grass" - Written and recorded between 2003 - 2009.

"Can't Stop Lovin' You" - Fake song.

"Children's Hour" - Fake song.

"Coco Butter" - Alternative title of "Butter Funk".

"Colorblind" - Fake song.

"Craze" - Fake song.

"Cry" - Written and recorded before late 1993. Don't confuse with "Cry" from Invincible, which is recorded in 1998.

"D.I.E." - Written and recorded in 2008? "D.I.E" stands for "Dance Is Entertainment".

"Don't Make Me Stay" - Written and recorded in 2008?

"Don't Walk Away" - [Already released on Invincible]

"Everybody Wants to Be a Movie Star" - Found in Michael's to-do list.

About the questionable ‘11:00 PM’ song, it has been described as a song that exists and was produced by Brad Buxer (its recording date remains unknown).

‘A Baby Smiles’ and ‘California Grass’ were both meant for the ‘Dangerous’ album.

Michael Jackson re-worked ‘California Grass’ in 1993 when he finished it.

‘Don't Make Me Stay’ and ‘Broken Chair’ were reportedly produced by Neff-U and they were recorded in 2007-2008.

The same goes for ‘Bang Your Head’ (produced by Neff-U, recorded in 2007-2008).

‘Butter Funk’ was produced by Michael Durham Prince and it was indeed recorded in 2008-2009.

‘Changes’ is also another unreleased song, which was produced by Brad Buxer and it was recorded in 2008.

There is also the ‘You Are So Beautiful’ song, which Michael Jackson wrote during his 2005 trial (the lyrics were about his fans who supported him at that time), and when the trial finished he partially recorded it.

"11:00 PM" - (Fake song?) Written and recorded in 2008

"Adore You" - Written and recorded during the Invincible session.

"Apocalypse Now" - Written and recorded during the Bad session.

"A Baby Smiles" - Written and recorded during the Off The Wall sessions. The lyrics of the song appeared as a poem titled "When a Baby Smiles" in the book Dancing the Dream, published in 1992.

"Bad Girl" - Fake song.

"Bang Your Head" - Written and recorded in 2008?

"Bio" - Fake song

"Boots Groove" - Fake song.

"Boy No" - Written and recorded in 2008?

"Broken Chair" - Written and recorded in 2008?

"Butter Funk" - Written and Recorded in 2008 - 2009.

"California Grass" - Written and recorded between 2003 - 2009.

"Can't Stop Lovin' You" - Fake song.

"Children's Hour" - Fake song.

"Coco Butter" - Alternative title of "Butter Funk".

"Colorblind" - Fake song.

"Craze" - Fake song.

"Cry" - Written and recorded before late 1993. Don't confuse with "Cry" from Invincible, which is recorded in 1998.

"D.I.E." - Written and recorded in 2008? "D.I.E" stands for "Dance Is Entertainment".

"Don't Make Me Stay" - Written and recorded in 2008?

"Don't Walk Away" - [Already released on Invincible]

"Everybody Wants to Be a Movie Star" - Found in Michael's to-do list.

Why include fake songs on this list? I don't understand....

Why include fake songs on this list? I don't understand....

It makes sense for this list to address and include also fake songs, because there are still some fans who think that certain fake songs are real, so this list would help them to recognize the fake ones.

“11pm” - registered with the US Copyright Office in 2009-10. Background info and state of competition unknown.

“Adore You” - written during the Invincible sessions and occasionally revisited between 2002 and 2009. Vocally incomplete.

“Apocalypse Now” - cited by drummer John Robinson in a summer 2010 interview. Background info and state of completion unknown.

“Baby Smiles” - cited by MJ during his 1993 deposition. Background info and state of completion unknown.

“Bad Girl” - cited by MJ during his 1993 deposition. Background info and state of completion unknown.

“Bang Your Head” - registered with the US Copyright Office in 2009-10. Background info and state of competition unknown.

“Bio” - cited by author Mike Smallcombe as a working title for an as-yet-unidentified song from the Invincible sessions.

“Boots Groove” - played by engineer Brad Sundberg during an In the Studio with MJ seminar. Background info and state of competition unknown.

“Boy No” - registered with the US Copyright Office in 2009-10. Background info and state of competition unknown.

“Broken Chair” - registered with the US Copyright Office in 2009-10. Listed on one of three “to-do” lists found in MJ’s bedroom in spring 2009. Background info and state of competition unknown.

“Butter Funk” - registered with the US Copyright Office in 2009-10. Background info and state of competition unknown.

“California Grass” - cited by MJ during his 1993 deposition. Background info and state of completion unknown.

“Can’t Stop Lovin’ You” - Listed on one of three “to-do” found in MJ’s bedroom in spring 2009. Rumored to be a re-recorded version of “I Just Can’t Stop Loving You” with a contemporary female singer, to be used as promotional material for the This Is It residency. Background info and state of competition unknown.

“Changes” - recorded for the Bad album in 1984-85. Revisited in mid-1995 and on numerous occasions between 2002 and 2009. Vocally incomplete.

“Children’s Hour” - cited by MJ during his 1993 deposition. Registered with the US Copyright Office in 2009-10. Background info and state of completion unknown.

“Coco Butter” - Listed on one of three “to-do” found in MJ’s bedroom in spring 2009. Background info and state of competition unknown.

“Colorblind” - first cited by engineer Brad Sundberg as a Brad Buxer collaboration. Cited by engineer Michael Prince as a potential Rodney Jerkins production. State of completion unknown.

“Craze” - cited by engineer Michael Prince. Background info and state of competition unknown.

“Cry” - cited by MJ during his 1993 deposition. Not to be confused with the Invincible track of the same name. Background info and state of completion unknown.

“D.I.E.” - registered with the US Copyright Office in 2009-10. Listed on two of three “to-do” lists found in MJ’s bedroom in spring 2009. Background info, state of competition, and acronym unknown.

“Don’t Make Me Stay” - registered with the US Copyright Office in 2009-10. Background info and state of competition unknown.

“Don’t Walk Away” - Listed on one of three “to-do” lists found in MJ’s bedroom in spring 2009. May not be related to the Invincible track of the same name. Background info and state of competition unknown.

“Everybody Wants to Be a Movie Star” - Listed on one of three “to-do” lists found in MJ’s bedroom in spring 2009. Background info and state of competition unknown.

Does a version of "Revenge" with recorded vocals exist? Is there any info on this?

I think the the gold mine is from Invincible and post Invincible (2003 - 2009) era, because Invincible has the biggest amound of unreleased material, finished and unfinished. The post Invincible era (2003 - 2009) is a very experimental era. It has songs from many producers like will.i.am, Kanye West, Neff-U, Ne Yo and more...

Kanye and Ne-Yo never did anything with MJ. KW did Billie Jean 2008 but nothing else.

I think the the gold mine is from Invincible and post Invincible (2003 - 2009) era, because Invincible has the biggest amound of unreleased material, finished and unfinished. The post Invincible era (2003 - 2009) is a very experimental era. It has songs from many producers like will.i.am, Kanye West, Neff-U, Ne Yo and more...

I thought Bad has the most amount of unreleased material as Michael planned on releasing 3 disc album.

But anyway, I would love to hear all the songs Michael worked on from 1999 - 2009.

Ne yo and West were worked with MJ for a short time during the production with will.i.am. MJ wanted to make a new album around that time (2006/2007/2008)

Ne-Yo submitted many songs to MJ. None was recorded. Kanye West never worked with or for MJ. He only did Billie Jean remix for Thriller 25.

Thing is with all those rappers and artists around 2006 till 09 who were saying they were working with MJ. MJ told paparazzi, can't remember when exactly but it's on YouTube around 2008 or early 09 that he was mostly working and writing by himself.

He might have used a few tracks with will. I. Am and a few others but going from what Michael Prince said it would have been mostly him, Brad and MJ writing and recording.

Still counts for Ne-Yo, because he gave some songs to MJ. But why MJ never recorded them is a different question.

MJ never recorded them because he died, unfortunately. Ne-Yo was submitting the songs (demos/ideas), Michael would listen to them and give Ne-Yo his notes and remarks. "I like that, I don't like that, Change this, Change that..." and he would send the songs back to Ne-Yo for further development. It was a working process. I'm sure, if MJ had lived, MJ would end up recording some of his songs. Not all of course, but he would pick few for sure. Ne-Yo said that he has full album of these king of work in progress demos for MJ (with Ne-Yo vocals on them).

Bobi MJ;4315161 said:
Ne yo and West were worked with MJ for a short time during the production with will.i.am. MJ wanted to make a new album around that time (2006/2007/2008)

We know that he wanted to make a new album around that time. But there has never been a source proving MJ worked with Kanye or Ne Yo other than Ne Yo submitting demo’s that MJ declined.

Does anyone remember this? Usher, T-Pain and Michael Jackson. However, MJ didn't records his vocals on it. They presented this song to him:

and one produced by Pharrell, sung by Usher:

Last edited:
Anyone knows about this Istrumental? (Red Eye - 2009 Version/ MJ and Neff-u)

Anyone knows about this Istrumental? (Red Eye - 2009 Version/ MJ and Neff-u)

Sorry for my English (I'm Brazilian)

I found this instrumental on Youtube saying it was a 2009 version of the song "Red Eye", but there is no information if it is fake or true.

If it is fake, someone would know the origin of this snippet?

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8ekKIznDHg

Does anyone remember this? Usher, T-Pain and Michael Jackson. However, MJ didn't records his vocals on it. They presented this song to him:

and one produced by Pharrell, sung by Usher:

I remember the usher/tpain song. I feel sad when I hear the empty spot where Michael is supposed to be knowing he's no longer here. The song is nice though.

The Usher/T-Pain song is actually good. Usher should just finish it with his own vocals. But that song has to be from 2007/8 is my guess.

Back