New MJ content (Possibility)

AlwaysThere;4315997 said:
After the mess that was 2019, setting MJ’s “comeback” at the Grammys is an absolutely phenomenal idea. Hopefully it’s true.

that would be amazing.

Re: New MJ content?

Perhaps the Superbowl is more likely if the rumours are true.

Last edited:

so if a Michael new song is release at Grammys it gonna be one of the nominees.

A song/album must be released in the year prior to be eligible for a nomination. On the other hand... artists, if invited can perform at the ceremony anytime.

well i guess we'll have to see who will preform Michael "new" song this year at the Grammys if this true.

Also, this would be great for marketing if something similar was to be done at the Grammy Awards/Superbowl this year ft. The Weeknd performing live.

Pretty sure The Weeknd won't attend the Grammys this year after not receiving a single nomination for After Hours. He got pretty angry with them and even called them corrupt. The Super Bowl halftime show is a possibility though.

Perhaps the Superbowl is more likely if the rumours are true.

Edit: Just saw this post lol

so if a Michael new song is release at Grammys it gonna be one of the nominees.

JB could be a possibility. He has 4 nominations this year and is currently working on a new album that should be coming out soon (some speculate it could be in March). He is also reportedly working with Darkchild and Neff-U.

The picture in this link is from October 2020. You can see Justin, Darkchild and Neff-U in it.
https://edm.com/news/skrillex-spotted-in-the-studio-with-justin-bieber

Last edited:

The Superbowl would be an incredible platform to launch something, especially considering Michael's HIStory with this event. BTW, I don't know if I'm the only one who sees another nod to Michael with the one glove in this promo image?

Last edited:

i'm not a fan of JB but if the song will be release with only Michael vocals like love never felt so good then i'll be okay with it. to be honest i really don't like artists putting their vocals with Michael unrelease vocals because to me in my opinion it ruins the song. i feel unrelease songs should be left alone.

i'm not a fan of JB but if the song will be release with only Michael vocals like love never felt so good then i'll be okay with it. to be honest i really don't like artists putting their vocals with Michael unrelease vocals because to me in my opinion it ruins the song. i feel unrelease songs should be left alone.

Justin Bieber has a massive following, as does The Weeknd. Justin Timberlake was at the peak of his career when LNFSG was released, 20/20 experience is one of my favourite albums of the decade. This user on Twitter is claiming guest artists on two of the tracks currently: Hot Fun & TYLA. And that the OG versions will be released on a deluxe edition, he/she also claims. I'm just wondering if that rumour from The Weeknds camp about everything being unveiled at the Grammy Awards is old news as he uninvited himself, or whether he decided to go ahead with an appearance in dedication to Michael? So many possibilities...

Last edited:

jb has change his life as he claims. so i don't know about him. like i said i'm not a fan so i really don't know what he does in his life. i'm am kind of proud of him he change his life as he claims. i hope he stay on the right path and have a good life wish him all the best.

I’d rather Bieber than The Weeknd, if I’m honest. Obviously I would prefer NO posthumous duets, but if it had to be one or the other, the other is stronger in my opinion.

AlwaysThere;4316046 said:
I’d rather Bieber than The Weeknd, if I’m honest. Obviously I would prefer NO posthumous duets, but if it had to be one or the other, the other is stronger in my opinion.

Yeah from what I've seen Bieber has the strongest movement out of them both, which.. In an ideal world if something like this is planned it would be a more vibrant and visual experience when it's brought out on stage. Also, not only is it Michael's 50th anniversary but its also 50 years since the Grammy Awards first live telecast.

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Rl1rKX_GIow?vq=hd1080" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Last edited:

I hope so very much we get new songs this year.

I guess the musicvideo in 4K is Thriller. Would be nice to finally see it.

I hope so very much we get new songs this year.

I guess the musicvideo in 4K is Thriller. Would be nice to finally see it.

What I think would be perfect would be a '50th Anniversary King Of Pop Collection' Deluxe Edition, 2CD/Blu-Ray. 1st CD: The songs to which the short films have been restored to 4K. 2nd CD: Previously Unreleased Recordings. Blu-Ray: Film Captured Short Films. Or if they were to include uncut versions, it would require two Blu-Ray discs certainly. And the new tracks/upgraded short films to also be sold separately of course. We'll see.

Last edited:
AlwaysThere;4315997 said:
After the mess that was 2019, setting MJ’s “comeback” at the Grammys is an absolutely phenomenal idea. Hopefully it’s true.

Seems as though there are a few exciting possibilities for 2021. I am here for it!!

AlwaysThere;4316046 said:

Same. I'm not really a fan of either artist, but from what little I have heard from either artist, JB has a stronger catalogue of music and a better voice. The only downside to JB is that his reputation isn't really great, if you read what people say about him on twitter.

Same. I'm not really a fan of either artist, but from what little I have heard from either artist, JB has a stronger catalogue of music and a better voice.

It seems like Bieber is going for a more old school style of music right now which could work pretty well on a duet with Michael (especially on a Love Never Felt So Good type production).
His latest work doesn't have that modern trap sound anymore. The production is pretty 80s and 90s influenced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvPsJFRGleA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIK3azN4w34

But then again, this is simply speculation. There may very well be no new MJ release in the next months. We shall see.

For those who are interested. The up to date trademark page for Triumph International, Inc. (John Branca, The Michael Jackson Estate).

Last edited:

The Superbowl would be an incredible platform to launch something, especially considering Michael's HIStory with this event. BTW, I don't know if I'm the only one who sees another nod to Michael with the one glove in this promo image?

It's not a nod to MJ, it's a part of the Weeknd's "After Hours" fit on both hands

For those who are interested. The up to date trademark page for Triumph International, Inc. (John Branca, The Michael Jackson Estate).

I read that as Trump International at first. :D

Michael Jackson will make a posthumous comeback with his new music and he will make a posthumous appearance this year (Superbowl, Grammy, etc).

Michael Jackson will make a posthumous comeback with his new music and he will make a posthumous appearance this year (Superbowl, Grammy, etc).

This new music can be no.1 songs on charts and they can be played on radios.

from some things here it look like these things was never release. from looking at 2019 and last year i guess this stuff was suppose to be release but didn't happen due to LN and covid-19. we may get this stuff in the future. until then i'm not gonna get my hopes up.

from some things here it look like these things was never release. from looking at 2019 and last year i guess this stuff was suppose to be release but didn't happen due to LN and covid-19. we may get this stuff in the future. until then i'm not gonna get my hopes up.

The only thing that has been given approval for publication is the clothing section of the 'MICHAELFEST' trademark. Their are several though with a deadline of March this year.

The rumors are true if news are confirmed.

It would be great to have confirmation years in advance, but the surprise element is something that is expected. Although it would be great to have an idea of what's possibly in the vault. One can imagine though.

Back