New MJ content (Possibility)

Re: New MJ content?

"Secretly for a one off release" I think is the key thing to take away from this article, one off.. A celebration perhaps?

I think one off release probably just means individually as singles and no album.

SmoothGangsta;4318089 said:
I think one off release probably just means individually as singles and no album.

One off means one time only, the 50th anniversary only comes around one time. "The Oxford English Dictionary defines the term “one-off” as both an adjective (meaning “made or done as the only one of its kind; unique, not repeated”), and as a noun for such a product."

Last edited:
AlwaysThere;4318083 said:
In late 2018, Scooter Braun (who manages Justin Bieber and Ariana Grande, for those who don’t know) entered preliminary discussions to stage a live televised production of This Is It with the original dancers and band members, to commemorate the ten-year anniversary of MJ’s death. Once LN was announced in January 2019, no investor would go near it, and it died in the water.

It was mentioned in an article discussing LN’s impact on the ten year anniversary — I think by Variety? I can’t find it at the moment. But it sounded like an amazing idea, then LN struck and ruined it.

That is a shame. I wish sometime in the future, it happens. LN ruined a lot of things and I fear that it will be a long time before things get back to the way they were between 2009-2018.

AlwaysThere;4317963 said:
New tweet:

“5 tracks have been mixed and finalized.

More information will be shared when available.”

I believe this is gonna be a boxset with a few new songs thrown onto it just like The Ultimate Collection!

I believe this is gonna be a boxset with a few new songs thrown onto it just like The Ultimate Collection!

It would be an interesting concept, certainly would be something aimed at the fans. I'd assume that each element of such package would also be sold and produced separately?

The perfect package to me would be:

* Discs 1 & 2 - The Greatest Hits with 5 Brand New Songs.

* Discs 3 & 4 - The Short Films Blu Ray.

* Disc 5 - King Of Pop 50. A Brand New Documentary Film.

Last edited:

The perfect package to me would be:

* Discs 1 & 2 - The Greatest Hits with 5 Brand New Songs.

* Discs 3 & 4 - The Short Films Blu Ray.

* Disc 5 - Original versions
  • Tracks 01 to 05: Same titles as the 5 brand new songs on discs 1 & 2
  • Track 06: I Never Heard
  • Track 07: Best of Joy
  • Track 08: Behind The Mask
  • Track 09: Another Day
  • Track 10: Much Too Soon

^This would work for me:love:

Aren't "Best of joy" and "Another day" already original versions on "Michael"?
And I never heard/This is it? (I never paid much attention there...)

(Also, I want Maybe Tomorrrow 50! But I already made J5 thread about it https://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/threads/145105-J5-quot-Maybe-Tomorrow-50-quot-!!!-I-want-this! )

^This would work for me:love:

I see what you mean, but the only original version you've listed there that would be of interest to me would be the complete version for Best Of Joy featuring the unreleased verse. I don't think their would need to be an extra disc for originals? They could split the brand new tracks and demos (original versions) on Discs 1 & 2 with the greatest hits imo

Last edited:

(Also, I want Maybe Tomorrrow 50! But I already made J5 thread about it https://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/threads/145105-J5-quot-Maybe-Tomorrow-50-quot-!!!-I-want-this! )

Best Of Joy was re-done by Neff-U and Another Day had some of its guitar changed. I Never Heard is the actual title of This Is It. It was apparently found labelled as TII and was used for the movie as a result.

Snoop Dogg talks briefly about the unreleased humanitarian song which is still unreleased:

This song is “I Have This Dream”. I remember John Barnes saying in the one of the MJ cast episodes this is the song he would most like to see released.
IMWhizzle;4318312 said:
Snoop Dogg talks briefly about the unreleased humanitarian song which is still unreleased:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qOeDNyJUY9w" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I feel like a lot of the copyrights for unreleased songs that I was able to find a few years ago are no longer there, or at least are no longer publicly available.

I Have This Dream is a real unrelease song. i heard about it from someone else as well.

alot of copyright songs need the person permission to release. michael is gone so only his estate and probably family can get some permission. i really doubt it because michael hided his things from his family.

Not quite. The original pre-album version of "Another Day" has never been heard in full, and the initial versions of "Best of Joy" and "This Is It" have never been heard at all.

Not quite. The original pre-album version of "Another Day" has never been heard in full, and the initial versions of "Best of Joy" and "This Is It" have never been heard at all.

Short snippet of INH was showcased on TV.

I feel like a lot of the copyrights for unreleased songs that I was able to find a few years ago are no longer there, or at least are no longer publicly available.

Which songs, do you recall them?

alot of copyright songs need the person permission to release. michael is gone so only his estate and probably family can get some permission. i really doubt it because michael hided his things from his family.

Only his estate has control over MIchaels art.

Only his estate has control over MIchaels art.

yes but they still need permission....

Fuzball;4318476 said:
Short snippet of INH was showcased on TV.

[video=youtube;6uTAUItw-fc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uTAUItw-fc[/video]

Is Paul high in that video? Cause we all can hear and tell, that for 1000% it´s not the same vocal take...

NatureCriminal7896;4318480 said:

yes but they still need permission....

Yup. That’s exactly why we haven’t heard any material from Quincy Jones or will.i.am, why Cory Rooney pulled “Chicago” from the Michael album, and why Steve Porcaro kept “Chicago 1945” from showing up on Xscape.

AlwaysThere;4318489 said:
Yup. That&#8217;s exactly why we haven&#8217;t heard any material from Quincy Jones or will.i.am, why Cory Rooney pulled &#8220;Chicago&#8221; from the Michael album, and why Steve Porcaro kept &#8220;Chicago 1945&#8221; from showing up on Xscape.

I really hope these people will one day work together with The Estate so we will be able to hear those song.

AlwaysThere;4318489 said:
Yup. That&#8217;s exactly why we haven&#8217;t heard any material from Quincy Jones or will.i.am, why Cory Rooney pulled &#8220;Chicago&#8221; from the Michael album, and why Steve Porcaro kept &#8220;Chicago 1945&#8221; from showing up on Xscape.

thats speculation and not a fact right?
out of all the people you've mentioned i doubt will i am wouldn't give permission to work on their tracks together

out of all the people you've mentioned i doubt will i am wouldn't give permission to work on their tracks together

No it's true. Will denied the Estate wanting to use the songs, but tried to use on his own album which the Estate refused.

rolerprod;4318493 said:

"The sad thing is that everybody could have heard it by now if only the record label had been willing to do right by it. Porcaro was approached about the song for Xscape album, but he didn&#8217;t give his permission to use it. &#8220;It seems songs are going straight to remix these days,&#8221; he told us. It was obvious this approach didn&#8217;t sit well with him. And while a fan in me would have loved to be able to buy the song and have it in my collection, I felt nothing but respect for Porcaro&#8217;s position. I thought that as a musician and a songwriter, he must understand how much the integrity of a song means to the artist. And as a colleague of Michael, he undoubtedly knows how much Michael cared about his compositions. &#8220;Less is more&#8221; was a principle he, too, cited as very important for MJ and Quincy. &#8220;Chicago 1945&#8221; is a great song that certainly doesn&#8217;t need any &#8220;contemporizing&#8221; and deserves to be heard and appreciated in its own right."

http://www.michaeljackson.ru/eng/steve-porcaro-chicago-1945/

Fuzball;4318498 said:
"The sad thing is that everybody could have heard it by now if only the record label had been willing to do right by it. Porcaro was approached about the song for Xscape album, but he didn&#8217;t give his permission to use it. &#8220;It seems songs are going straight to remix these days,&#8221; he told us. It was obvious this approach didn&#8217;t sit well with him. And while a fan in me would have loved to be able to buy the song and have it in my collection, I felt nothing but respect for Porcaro&#8217;s position. I thought that as a musician and a songwriter, he must understand how much the integrity of a song means to the artist. And as a colleague of Michael, he undoubtedly knows how much Michael cared about his compositions. &#8220;Less is more&#8221; was a principle he, too, cited as very important for MJ and Quincy. &#8220;Chicago 1945&#8221; is a great song that certainly doesn&#8217;t need any &#8220;contemporizing&#8221; and deserves to be heard and appreciated in its own right."

http://www.michaeljackson.ru/eng/steve-porcaro-chicago-1945/
oh god...
well now no one gets to hear these songs so whats the point i dont get that...
same goes to will,does he think hes going to outlive the estate and gets to have permission from someone else? it makes no sense

oh god...
same goes to will,does he think hes going to outlive the estate and gets to have permission from someone else? it makes no sense

Maybe when the estate is finally passed down to Michael's children (I also hope 3T will have some involvement at the start as one of them I believe TJ? He's gratuated from Business School, he's also currently Co guardian for Prince, Paris & Bigi. I personally think that would be a smart move in the early stages.) I think we will see and hear more things that we couldn't possibly envision happening at this moment in time.

Last edited:

Something that needs to be remembered and also respected at times is the fact the music industry would simply not exist without fans and consumers purchasing their products.

Maybe when the estate is finally passed down to Michael's children (I also hope 3T will have some involvement at the start as one of them I believe TJ? He's gratuated from Business School, he's also currently Co guardian for Prince, Paris & Bigi. I think that would be smart in the early stages.) I think we will see and hear more things that we couldn't possibly envision happening at this moment in time.

when is that gonna be? also i dont think they will take it they have their own things going for them and they dont know the music business and i think would probably leave it in the same hands it is now.

rolerprod;4318499 said:
oh god...

It’s just arrogance on Will’s part. He constantly badmouths the Estate for releasing MJ’s unfinished music, then turns and tries to do the same thing himself.

For Steve Porcaro, it seems to come from a place of authenticity. He doesn’t want the song to be remixed and reproduced and lose all sense of its originality. (Ironically, though, he once said that he wanted to completely redo the music track and release it at some point, so I’m not sure where he truly stands on the issue.)

when is that gonna be? also i dont think they will take it they have their own things going for them and they dont know the music business and i think would probably leave it in the same hands it is now.

Paris is a recording artist in her own right, you have to remember also that TJ has constantly stated that he will do anything for PP & B when they need him. Being business savvy is certainly something that is required with something as big as this. John Branca is now in his 70's. So I doubt he will want to do this in his 90's, can you imagine? The Estate will eventually be passed down, and if I recall correctly it will be Michael's children who decide what happens from there.

Back