New MJ content (Possibility)

AlwaysThere;4318503 said:
It’s just arrogance on Will’s part. He constantly badmouths the Estate for releasing MJ’s unfinished music, then turns and tries to do the same thing himself.

For Steve Porcaro, it seems to come from a place of authenticity. He doesn’t want the song to be remixed and reproduced and lose all sense of its originality. (Ironically, though, he once said that he wanted to completely redo the music track and release it at some point, so I’m not sure where he truly stands on the issue.)

i think they both talk from a place of ego where they dont want THEIR fingerprint off these songs,the magic is in the vocals and thats the one thing the estate will never touch and they know that,producers are replaceable mj isnt.

Re: New MJ content?

Paris is a recording artist in her own right, you have to remember also that TJ has constantly stated that he will do anything for PP & B when they need him. Being business savvy is certainly something that is required with something as big as this. John Branca is now in his 70's. So I doubt he will want to do this in his 90's, can you imagine? The Estate will eventually be passed down, and if I recall correctly it will be Michael's children who decide what happens from there.
john is not working alone i can assume there are teams of people working for him on all fronts of the estate and that he probably has a "right hand" that will take over when the time comes but we'll see

When these guys pass away, the songs will be remixed in some form anyway. Better to get it out there as legit as they can get them before it's too late, while they are still alive

once they pass away. the kids will own the estate. john already said it. so one day we will probably get what we are asking for.

once they pass away. the kids will own the estate. john already said it. so one day we will probably get what we are asking for.

Yeah, the same thing happened with Bob Marleys estate. Although control and publishing are two different things, I think something will probably be in place of how things are going to be dealt with when that point is reached.

not wish death on john. also i don't wanna push the kids. i mean, yes that's their dad and all but at the time i don't want them to be force. but yeah it's really up to them they wanna do that which they probably will.... i hope so.... they probably will do an better job than the people owning it now. i hope so. being a child to an famous person isn't easy. prayers to them.

I’m gonna be honest: I really think that the estate is gonna go radio silent once the kids take over. Paris has her own career, and I can’t imagine she would want to set it aside to manage her father’s. Blanket/Bigi seems very private, so that spotlight might not be up his alley (though he could play a John McClain roll and just work in the background). I could maybe see Prince taking over, but he’s also sort of forging his own path, so I wouldn’t put money on it.

I’d rather see them take over as advisors, and 1-3 other people reign as primary executives.

AlwaysThere;4318528 said:
I’d rather see them take over as advisors, and 1-3 other people reign as primary executives.

The guys from "the lab" (Forger/Barnes/Bottrell) along with Buxer&Prince would be the optimal choice.

The kids will not want to take over the estate imo. They have their own lives.

whoever takes over the estate once john goes i hope they are huge longtime MJ fans or knew Michael or even friends with him. then i would be okay because i know it will be in good hands.

Fuzball;4318498 said:
"The sad thing is that everybody could have heard it by now if only the record label had been willing to do right by it. Porcaro was approached about the song for Xscape album, but he didn’t give his permission to use it. “It seems songs are going straight to remix these days,” he told us. It was obvious this approach didn’t sit well with him. And while a fan in me would have loved to be able to buy the song and have it in my collection, I felt nothing but respect for Porcaro’s position. I thought that as a musician and a songwriter, he must understand how much the integrity of a song means to the artist. And as a colleague of Michael, he undoubtedly knows how much Michael cared about his compositions. “Less is more” was a principle he, too, cited as very important for MJ and Quincy. “Chicago 1945” is a great song that certainly doesn’t need any “contemporizing” and deserves to be heard and appreciated in its own right."

http://www.michaeljackson.ru/eng/steve-porcaro-chicago-1945/

And that is exactly the reason why i have a problem with the Xscape Remixes being used as main-versions.

The guys from "the lab" (Forger/Barnes/Bottrell) along with Buxer&Prince would be the optimal choice.

I was thinking the exact same thing, but they're around the same age as Branca and McClain, if I'm not mistaken. If age is a factor in the involvement of the current executors, I can't imagine they'd be any more willing to step in.

why you say that?

As I outlined, it seems like they don't have any interest in it. They've spent the last 10.5 years pursuing their own career paths while more or less acting as though the estate doesn't exist. You'd think that, if they had any intention of taking over in the near/distant future, there would have been some sort of collaborative effort between the two parties, prior disagreements notwithstanding. Michael's kids seem more focused on emphasizing what he accomplished in his lifetime, not what his estate has churned out in the aftermath. While I appreciate that, it doesn't really scream "we're gonna release unseen concerts and unreleased music."

Maybe I'm completely wrong. But in my opinion, there really hasn't been any indication that Michael's kids want to take over the estate when Branca/McClain step down.

yes they will. john already said so. but they have a choice.

To my knowledge, he never said they wanted to take over, just that they are first in line.

As I outlined, it seems like they don't have any interest in it. They've spent the last 10.5 years pursuing their own career paths while more or less acting as though the estate doesn't exist. You'd think that, if they had any intention of taking over in the near/distant future, there would have been some sort of collaborative effort between the two parties, prior disagreements notwithstanding. Michael's kids seem more focused on emphasizing what he accomplished in his lifetime, not what his estate has churned out in the aftermath. While I appreciate that, it doesn't really scream "we're gonna release unseen concerts and unreleased music."

Maybe I'm completely wrong. But in my opinion, there really hasn't been any indication that Michael's kids want to take over the estate when Branca/McClain step down.

yeah but why the radio would be silent?

To my knowledge, he never said they wanted to take over, just that they are first in line.

:doh: that still their choice.

i think the age rage who should take over the estate should be at in their 30's,40's, or 50's maybe even 60's. these age rage of people are good because they was around michael peaks.

I think his kids are just wanting to enjoy their life right now, It's healthy to try and make a name for yourself so you don't have to argue with anyone expressing means of entitlement in any context.

The estate currently have executors/lawyers/representatives etc. So I can't see why they'd feel the need to collaborate on anything? Being first in line of course, it will ultimately be their decision.. Which route is taken.

So the question is... Will they take on the task? Maybe so, but I think it will be more of rather than stressing over what should be released.. Doing what feels right, I can see this as being a drawn-out process as they want to be certain that their FATHER'S legacy is not only celebrated but also expanded upon in the correct and most respectful manor. Also in a business mind set it needs to be carefully calculated.

Last edited:

yeah but why the radio would be silent?

Why would Michael's children put any effort into running the estate if they aren't interested in doing so? If you put someone in a job they don't want, they won't give it their all because their heart isn't in it. In all likelihood, new projects would die out.

:doh: that still their choice.

Yes. I'm responding to you stating that the kids actively want to take over.

Why would Michael's children put any effort into running the estate if they aren't interested in doing so? If you put someone in a job they don't want, they won't give it their all because their heart isn't in it. In all likelihood, new projects would die out.

ah i get it.

:doh:

Prince has previously stated that he is a more behind the scenes kind of guy, he speaks passionately on not only his father's legacy but some of the values he was taught by Michael. He also has is own production company named King's Son Productions. So whilst I'm not insisting that he will want to commit to something like this, he's looking like the most obvious one to take on the reigns when the time comes.

he probably will add michael sometimes in the future. but as of right now nah, the kids have their own lives.

If his/her tweets are the real deal, do you expect some concrete revelation about tracklist, release date, etc. within this month of March?

If it turns out to be true - I guess a pressrelease would come in the end of March. - probably with a track-list, album name, release date, etc. etc.

Where does it say/ why does everyone think an announcement will be made about an album soon?

Where does it say/ why does everyone think an announcement will be made about an album soon?

Because Xscape was announced around this time of the year in 2014. March 31st, to be exact. The Estate is probably also expecting the debut single to be a summer hit, and those kinds of songs are usually released around April/May.

Back