New MJ content (Possibility)

Re: New MJ content?

There isn't any direct video url. Seems like the video is "streamed". (...)

I actually tried various things with browser debugger (F12 key) (but I don't remember which browser, Firefox I guess). If I remember well I did it while playing the video (because I supposes that it only appears when needed or so), maybe I put it on pause, and started removing all unnecessary tags (using debugger) around the video and finally found a video tag with a long URL in the src attribute... ended with various numbers that looked like sessions tokens or so....

Also, there is actually another song titled "Can you feel it" which has an MLK remix: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Can_You_Feel_It_(Larry_Heard_song)
(Make me wonder if the title "Can you feel it" actually appear in MLK's speech or so, I don't know much about MLK.)

God I hope it doesn't sound like "they don't care about us" I honestly thought that was gonna be another rerelease. But a remix....of a multitrack thats basically available to the public (us?) with 100s of remixes already on YouTube mostly by us in the forum. Hell I would've been very happy & excited for the making of cyfi but what should we expect from the estate

i still think this is the start of a promo roll out for their own projects and a really really good sign that the estate is back releasing projects

i still think this is the start of a promo roll out for their own projects and a really really good sign that the estate is back releasing projects

Well, let's hope it's something serious, but if we don't put too much expectations, we have less chances being disappointed...

God i hope that true

Well, let's hope it's something serious, but if we don't put too much expectations, we have less chances being disappointed...

Thats the problem we always have too much expectations then we get bummed out by the estate again

i agree with lowering expectations honestly i dont have any at all.

im just thinking about their moves as someone who loves the music industry and i think they might be testing the water with the Jacksons after the whole LN to see how it would be received (i think they will just want to maximize their impact with NEW releases bc they dont have a lot of workable songs left)and then they will start their own roll out for whatever they planned last year which we do know they had plans so to me that makes the most sense

i agree with lowering expectations honestly i dont have any at all.

Personally, it's absolutely not what I meant. It's the Estate would should be up to what could be expected from MJ, or close.

(The reason why I could lower expectations is if something is qualified as "remix". I already didn't expect anything from remixes when MJ was alive.)

By nature, my expectations for remixes are below ground level. 9 times out of 10, they don’t hold a candle to the original. No harm, no foul.

I'm not really bothered about this. I saw coming soon on twitter and for a brief moment thought it was an album announcement or something.

I'm not really bothered about this. I saw coming soon on twitter and for a brief moment thought it was an album announcement or something.

A lot of people thought the same way after receiving a notification. Its very poor how they word it "Coming Soon..." when all they're doing is promoting a Jackson's release. Something a little clearer would have been quoting the original tweet by The Jackson's or describing it at the very least i.e - "Coming Soon a remix of the classic 'Can You Feel It' by The Jackson's newly remixed featuring the HIStorical figure Martin Luther King and his inspiring speech"

I disagree with this, it's simply a project by The Jackson's associated with the expanded editions of their classic albums. I respect the brothers for what they are doing, it's a shame that so much has to be worked out before they can release any of their on stage work with Michael. All that can be done in regards to Michael's solo work is to sit back, relax.. Give it some time and don't expect too much.. They can certainly do some killer things with what's in their vault but it seems to be like an impossibility in the Branca era unfortunately.

It’s super cool to see the Jacksons releases lately. I’ve gone back to their work & stuff on Destiny for example is so overlooked by most of MJs fans. Some of the songs are essentially solo MJ.

I'm also disappointed because I wanted "Maybe Tomorrow 50" :-( ... I even made a thread about it in the Jacksons sub-forum.

I disagree with this, it's simply a project by The Jackson's associated with the expanded editions of their classic albums. I respect the brothers for what they are doing, it's a shame that so much has to be worked out before they can release any of their on stage work with Michael. All that can be done in regards to Michael's solo work is to sit back, relax.. Give it some time and don't expect too much.. They can certainly do some killer things with what's in their vault but it seems to be like an impossibility in the Branca era unfortunately.
is there any association between the estate and the jacksons that would make sense for the estate to promote the jacksons projects?
i still dont think this makes sense but maybe im missing something

is there any association between the estate and the jacksons that would make sense for the estate to promote the jacksons projects?
i still dont think this makes sense but maybe im missing something

Michael was an essential part of The Jacksons. This alone is a valid reason.

Are The Jacksons rights also controlled by the Estate? At least for the albums up to Triumph. And I guess Victory must be a complex beast in terms of rights.

Michael was an essential part of The Jacksons. This alone is a valid reason.

i dont think so,its like beyonce promoting dc or justin Timberlake promoting nsync it dont make sense(to me),both have their own platforms and their interests are not the same thats why i think the only way the estate would promote the Jacksons projects is if they had something to gain from it

Are The Jacksons rights also controlled by the Estate? At least for the albums up to Triumph. And I guess Victory must be a complex beast in terms of rights.

The Jackson 5 and The Jackson's have released projects under a few different labels over the years, the estate own Michael's likeness etc. You're right about Victory, especially in regards to the tour. That story about Michael not wanting to partake in the multi million dollar movie deal only to have Patrick Kelley direct shows for Michael, has always intrigued me. Maybe when the kids decide what route is chosen for the next stage of the estate and who runs things, it may be a little more simple.

Back on topic though, they did the same thing when the 1981 live LP was announced to be having a vinyl reissue. It's easy to try and read between the lines of things simply because we are all awaiting something for Michael's 50th anniversary, let's hope their will be at least something for each of us to appreciate...

Last edited:

i dont think so,its like beyonce promoting dc or justin Timberlake promoting nsync it dont make sense(to me),both have their own platforms and their interests are not the same thats why i think the only way the estate would promote the Jacksons projects is if they had something to gain from it

The Estate's account have a bigger following than The Jackson's by quite a large margin, Michael was the biggest reason for J5's success - which is also a factor as to why it's smart to promote it on Michael's verified page.

As a side note, their is a rumour regarding a new biopic about Michael Jackson by the people who created the successful Bohemian Rhapsody feature.

"Neverland Ranch to be restored for the filming of a new Michael Jackson biopic​

Feature film by the King of Pop to be made by Bohemian Rhapsody producer goes into production.

Following the success of Freddie Mercury's feature film Bohemian Rhapsody, producer Graham King and company are working alongside Michael Jackson's family and legacy administrators for the biopic.

The plot that will be written by John Logan, scriptwriter for titles such as 'James Bond: Spectre' and 'The Aviator' has already entered the production phase according to anonymous sources, beginning with the restoration of Neverland Ranch - Michael's residence for 17 years.

One fan looked on as several trucks began transporting carousel horses and other park rides into the ranch.

We will treat this as a rumor, since there is no official word. Stay tuned!

MJ B e a t s
With information from Baruet Geoffray"​

Looking into this further, the news first broke in 2019 -
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/a...ovie-works-bohemian-rhapsody-producer-1257309

"John Logan will pen the screenplay for the movie, which is not yet set up at a studio.

A movie about the life and career of Michael Jackson is in the works from Graham King and his GK Films.

For the film, King will work with the Michael Jackson estate, which granted the producer the rights to the late singer's music."

I'm assuming the coronavirus pandemic and LN backlash were factors as to why things halted previously. Work, according to rumours anyway is back underway and entering pre production phase.

Last edited:
Lol there’s no way they’d use the actual Neverland.. surely way too expensive

dam2040;4319315 said:

It would be kinda surreal, one would be right in thinking that the buyer of the ranch being Michael's friend is simply restoring it due to respect.

dam2040;4319315 said:

I don't know much about Ron Burkle, but if MJ has rich friends who can spend 20 millions in it, and maybe get them back some way afterwards ... why not?

"Got to be there 50" !

Regarding Neverland, looks like good news.

Yeah, it wouldn't be titled GTBT 50 though.. That wouldn't sell. It would probably be something along the lines of simply '50th anniversary' or maybe 'King Of Pop: 50th Anniversary Celebration' whatever the title though, as long as the content is of acceptable standard then I'm happy.

Maxym;4319318 said:
I don't know much about Ron Burkle, but if MJ has rich friends who can spend 20 millions in it, and maybe get them back some way afterwards ... why not?

Rich people don’t stay rich by doing stuff like that lol

dam2040;4319323 said:

Yeah but if they're "rich enough", and that's not something they would do every day... there are people in the world for who this is definitely "affordable".
And as I mentioned, maybe he has some hope to get the money back at some point?

dam2040;4319323 said:

Burkle would be paid for the possible use of Neverland as it is now his property.

Yeah but if they're "rich enough", and that's not something they would do every day... there are people in the world for who this is definitely "affordable".
And as I mentioned, maybe he has some hope to get the money back at some point?

He's an investment billionaire, he invests in multiple companies/properties etc. His current net worth is 1.5 billion usd.

Back