What Changes Would You Make to Invincible's Track List?

Can people please try and remember to search before making new threads. There are so many perfectly good threads that already exist. Please use them unless it's actually necessary to start a new one.

Can people please try and remember to search before making new threads. There are so many perfectly good threads that already exist. Please use them unless it's actually necessary to start a new one.

Sorry. On other forums if I'd responded to an older existing thread they'd ban me for necro-ing instead of making a new one.

This is how I listen to Invincible, I normally skip slower songs, reducing this album to 60 minutes. Shout and We've Had Enough just have to be added :)

It's weird how people complain about Invincible being too long when it's the same length as Dangerous and HIStory at 77 minutes.

I think Michael liked to cram as much as he could onto a single disc. I get that he wanted to give the listener as much as possible, and I appreciate that, but sometimes less is more. I think a 40-50 minute 10-12 track album is perfect because it satisfies the listener while also leaving them wanting more.

It's weird how people complain about Invincible being too long when it's the same length as Dangerous and HIStory at 77 minutes.

I think Michael liked to cram as much as he could onto a single disc. I get that he wanted to give the listener as much as possible, and I appreciate that, but sometimes less is more. I think a 40-50 minute 10-12 track album is perfect because it satisfies the listener while also leaving them wanting more.

I would agree. if Invincible had been 10 tracks initially and we'd gotten the extras and the outtakes and unreleased stuff in a special edition (kinda like the Estate would go on to do with Xscape) I'd be fine with that.

1. Unbreakable
2. You Rock My World
3. Heartbreaker
4. Butterflies
5. Invincible
6. Break Of Dawn
7. Blue Gangsta
8. Heaven Can Wait
9. Threatened
10. Whatever Happens
11. Xscape
12. The Way You Love Me
13. We've Had Enough
14. Don't Walk Away
15. One More Chance

I stuck with the album's sequence with a few changes. I felt the Dr. Freeze songs belong on this and Xscape was a better song than 2000 Watts to close side A. I may adjust the placement on side B some more but this is a stronger album in my opinion.

Side A
1. Unbreakable
2. Heartbreaker
3. Invincible
4. Break Of Dawn
5. Heaven Can Wait
6. You Rock My World
7. Butterflies
8. Xscape

Side B
9. A Place With No Name
10. Privacy
11. Don't Walk Away
12. Blue Gangsta
13. Whatever Happens
14. Another Day
15. Threatened

1. Unbreakable
2. Rampage
3.Invincible
4. 2000 Watts
5. Hollywood Tonight
6. Shut Up and Dance
7. Monster
8. Another Day ft. Lenny Kravitz
9. Get Your Weight off of Me
10. Fall Again
11. You Rock my World
12. Shout
13. Xscape or Escape
14. She Was Loving Me
15. We We've Had Enough

Name: Rampage

Cover Art:
SgGHWsY.png

Sorry. On other forums if I'd responded to an older existing thread they'd ban me for necro-ing instead of making a new one.

Well, to be perfectly honest, those forums don't sound very good, if they ban people just for bumping existing threads. At MJJC, we don't want hundreds of short threads on the same or similar topic. We want existing threads to continue, thrive and flourish.

1. Unbreakable
2. Rampage
3.Invincible
4. 2000 Watts
5. Hollywood Tonight
6. Shut Up and Dance
7. Monster
8. Another Day ft. Lenny Kravitz
10. Fall Again
11. You Rock my World
12. Shout
13. Xscape or Escape
14. She Was Loving Me
15. We We've Had Enough

Name: Rampage

Cover Art:
SgGHWsY.png

I've seen that picture around before. Was that the image they based the Invincible cover off of?

I'd just take out 2000 Watts, You are my life and The lost children. The rest are pretty good and the album with 13 songs is not too bloated.

No, the original image on the cover of Invincible is this! In the photo shoot Michael was painted gold.

images

Have you guys seen this?

https://www.gottahaverockandroll.co...vincible__alternate_unreleased_-lot25338.aspx

and I think I would do:

01. Unbreakable
02. Heartbreaker
03. Invincible
04. Xscape
05. Break of Dawn
06. The Way You Love Me
07. You Rock My World
08. Butterflies
09. Hollywood Tonight
10. 2000 Watts
11. Shout
12. She Was Lovin' Me
13. Blue Gangsta
14. People of the World
15. Threatened
16. We've Had Enough
-Bonus-
17. Whatever Happens

michael_jackson__invincible__alternate_unreleased_-lot25338.aspx

king_of_style;4320040 said:
I've seen that picture around before. Was that the image they based the Invincible cover off of?

BRMJFan;4320044 said:
No, the original image on the cover of Invincible is this! In the photo shoot Michael was painted gold.

images

Omer Bhatti, a close friend of Michael Jackson, posted few years ago in his Instagram account alternatives covers of the ‘Invincible’ album.

According to Omer Bhatti, these covers were considered (during the album’s artwork at that time) for the album’s official cover.

Among them, there was also the presumably original, gold cover of that album (with the singer’s face painted in gold).

Sony Music’s top executives did not like that original, gold cover of the album (that Karen Faye submitted to them), so they decided to re-touch it.

After they re-touched it, it became this image you posted:

images

My types are also similar to the one user on this thread/ btw hello I'm new here :) Good bless you all
1. Rampage
2. Unbreakable
3. Invincible
4. 2000 Watts
5. Hollywood 2nite
6. Shut Up & Dance
7. Monster
8. Another Day *if exist ful MJ solo version
10. Fall Again (with unheard demo)
11. You Rock my World
12. We We've Had Enough
13. Escape
14. Chicago
15. Shout

To me there is no need to change the tracklist. It is perfect as it is.

The only change I would do is include the original lenght of the songs 2000watts and privacy, with those great ad libs, Cause on this album there aren´t much hee hees :( So those adlibs are just pure gems which should be included...

Michael Jackson "Invincible" alternate unreleased Album DAT, "June 12, 2001 Mixes". All 15 tracks contain vocals by Michael Jackson. Total play time is approximately 73 minutes and 34 seconds. All recordings are unmastered and feature full studio dynamics. Five tracks are marked "not finished" in red marker and "2000 Watts" is also in that category. "Shout" was omitted from the final release, "You Are My Life" and "Whatever Happens" are not present here. "Threatened" was the last track with Rodney Jerkins and the Teddy Riley songs were all recorded very late. "Heaven Can Wait" is a highlight as Michael can be heard straining his voice - those vocal takes were never released. The song "Threatened" still features the original backing singer in the chorus and "Speechless" was originally the penultimate track on the album. The DAT is in very good condition, all tracks are rough transfers and the quality is nearly perfect with a few glitches that occurred during the transfer. The DAT has a "Not for Production" yellow label. The track listing and notes were handwritten by a studio engineer. This is being sold as a collectible. No copyrights are given or implied. Comes with a Gotta Have Rock & Roll™ Certificate of Authenticity.
I gotta hear that heaven can wait vocal take!

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

king_of_style;4320102 said:
That's really interesting to me, to know that "Shout" was apparently a closer contender for the album than I thought, and it makes me wonder why it was presumably replaced with "Whatever Happens" (which doesn't even appear on the list here) later on

It wasn´t replaced with Whatever Happens.. It was replaced on the very last second with You Are My Life...

wonderouzmj;4320106 said:
Michael Jackson "Invincible" alternate unreleased Album DAT, "June 12, 2001 Mixes". All 15 tracks contain vocals by Michael Jackson. Total play time is approximately 73 minutes and 34 seconds. All recordings are unmastered and feature full studio dynamics. Five tracks are marked "not finished" in red marker and "2000 Watts" is also in that category. "Shout" was omitted from the final release, "You Are My Life" and "Whatever Happens" are not present here. "Threatened" was the last track with Rodney Jerkins and the Teddy Riley songs were all recorded very late. "Heaven Can Wait" is a highlight as Michael can be heard straining his voice - those vocal takes were never released. The song "Threatened" still features the original backing singer in the chorus and "Speechless" was originally the penultimate track on the album. The DAT is in very good condition, all tracks are rough transfers and the quality is nearly perfect with a few glitches that occurred during the transfer. The DAT has a "Not for Production" yellow label. The track listing and notes were handwritten by a studio engineer. This is being sold as a collectible. No copyrights are given or implied. Comes with a Gotta Have Rock & Roll™ Certificate of Authenticity.
I gotta hear that heaven can wait vocal take!

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

There could be different mixes and extended versions. Cause two tracks are still not included and it is 73 mins. The official album is 76 mins... so there is a big possibility of the extended versions, before they were cut down...

lubyss;4320088 said:
To me there is no need to change the tracklist. It is perfect as it is.

The only change I would do is include the original lenght of the songs 2000watts and privacy, with those great ad libs, Cause on this album there aren´t much hee hees :( So those adlibs are just pure gems which should be included...

I like it the way it is, too. Typically, I don't like to question Michael's choices with album songs - I figure there were always good reasons behind his choices....ones that we don't know about.

I've always found the "too long" criticism of Invincible to be an odd one. It's something that never crossed my mind at the time that the album was released. I was so excited in 2001, to see that Michael was BACK! In my opinion, with MJ songs, more is always more, especially when we consider how starved we all are for more songs now.

Fans seem to drool over "Shout". I've heard it and I don't like it at all. I'm glad it wasn't on Invincible.....I don't think it fits with the themes that are at play on the album. JMO

:)

Fans seem to drool over "Shout". I've heard it and I don't like it at all. I'm glad it wasn't on Invincible.....I don't think it fits with the themes that are at play on the album. JMO

I think a huge reason for its popularity with fans that it's a novelty track like 2000 Watts in that on listening to it you might want to stop and say "OHMYGOD IT'S MICHAEL F____IN' JACKSON SPITTIN' BARS ABOUT THE CHILDREN AND SH_T" which is fair, since like with 2000 Watts, where Michael never uses his deep voice again in songs (as far as we know), we have no other track where Michael is rapping, except for maybe "Tabloid Junkie" and whatever's contained in that unreleased "Jungle" track. Whether or not you like Michael rapping (personally I'm into it, but I'd understand if someone wasn't) you can't say there's another song like it.

That being said, yeah it's not perfect, they should've turned his microphone up a bit more since I honestly have no idea what the lyrics are without looking them up, and in its current condition as we the fans have it "Shout" would have been absolutely out of place on Invincible given the rest of the lineup. If Michael had lived to make another album, maybe he would've reworked it into something really good. Maybe that's the direction that the super-incomplete-yet-super-interesting song "Rocker" was going in. But it's impossible to know now of course.

analogue;4319992 said:

Mikky Dee;4320112 said:
I've always found the "too long" criticism of Invincible to be an odd one. It's something that never crossed my mind at the time that the album was released.

People seem to complain about the pace of the ‘Invincible’ album, rather than about its actual length.

In its second half, the album drags on unnecessarily with those tedious and dull ballads, which makes people feel that it never ends.

king_of_style;4320117 said:
I think a huge reason for its popularity with fans that it's a novelty track like 2000 Watts in that on listening to it you might want to stop and say "OHMYGOD IT'S MICHAEL F____IN' JACKSON SPITTIN' BARS ABOUT THE CHILDREN AND SH_T" which is fair, since like with 2000 Watts, where Michael never uses his deep voice again in songs (as far as we know), we have no other track where Michael is rapping, except for maybe "Tabloid Junkie" and whatever's contained in that unreleased "Jungle" track. Whether or not you like Michael rapping (personally I'm into it, but I'd understand if someone wasn't) you can't say there's another song like it.

He sang with his deep voice also certain lines of the ‘Burn This Disco Out’ song (like, “keep the boogie alright” … “everybody just get on down”).

He also raps in ‘Money’, in ‘Jam’ (especially in the demo version of that song), and also in the bridge of ‘Can't Let Her Get Away’.

I think in China, Break of Dawn, 2000 Watts and Threatened were left off the original release.

I think in China, Break of Dawn, 2000 Watts and Threatened were left off the original release.

WHAT? - Never heard that before. - I've heard Morphine had it's title/name changed in a country, but to leave out 3 entire songs?? Sounds cracy.

Could anyone from china - or one that has the chinese version - take a picture of the cover and share?

I'd remove following songs:
The Lost Children, Dont Walk Away, You Are My Life

Following songs should have been on Invincible:
- Blue Gangsta
- A Place With No Name (!!)
- Hollywood Tonight
- Xscape

this would have pushed the album to another level, the last half of it was just too ballads heavy.
i cannot include unheard songs like "rampage" etc., since i dont know them... :p

Back