The 1983 Unauthorized Interview - What do we know about it?

I don't think Brad has Man In Black. A few years ago I attended a seminar with Brad and mentioned Man In Black and he really had no idea what I was talking about. I believe Man In Black was worked exclusively with Bryan Loren in 1989 and by the time Brad got involved, it was already pushed aside.

Same with Buffalo Bill. I highly doubt Brad has ever heard that one. Again, by the time Brad got involved, Buffalo Bill was pushed aside. John Barnes and Matt Forger are probably the only two people with the most knowledge on that one.

I don't think Brad has Man In Black. A few years ago I attended a seminar with Brad and mentioned Man In Black and he really had no idea what I was talking about. I believe Man In Black was worked exclusively with Bryan Loren in 1989 and by the time Brad got involved, it was already pushed aside.
A seminar recording of the song has leaked though, as well as smaller snippets before

Derek1984;4305769 said:

Derek1984;4305770 said:
Same with Buffalo Bill. I highly doubt Brad has ever heard that one. Again, by the time Brad got involved, Buffalo Bill was pushed aside. John Barnes and Matt Forger are probably the only two people with the most knowledge on that one.

Brad Sundberg is aware of these unreleased songs, but he simply avoids to address their existence or to give further information about them.

Remember, for example, the answer he gave to MJJCommunity when he was asked about unreleased songs: although he said that he knows many of them, yet he refused to reveal further information about them (such as, information about their titles):

MJJCommunity: “Do you remember any of Michael's songs that remain unreleased to this day and if yes, which ones are your favorites? Can you tell us a little about these unreleased songs?”

Brad Sundberg: “Sorry - I know many songs, but I am going to pass on that one.”

It appears that the Estate gave specific orders which do not allow Michael Jackson's collaborators to be voluble and revealing when it comes to information about unreleased songs.

mj_frenzy;4305874 said:
Brad Sundberg is aware of these unreleased songs, but he simply avoids to address their existence or to give further information about them.

Remember, for example, the answer he gave to MJJCommunity when he was asked about unreleased songs: although he said that he knows many of them, yet he refused to reveal further information about them (such as, information about their titles):

MJJCommunity: “Do you remember any of Michael's songs that remain unreleased to this day and if yes, which ones are your favorites? Can you tell us a little about these unreleased songs?”

Brad Sundberg: “Sorry - I know many songs, but I am going to pass on that one.”

It appears that the Estate gave specific orders which do not allow Michael Jackson's collaborators to be voluble and revealing when it comes to information about unreleased songs.

You're jumping to conclusions.

If Brad never mentioned (or was specifically asked about) "Men in Black" and "Buffalo Bill", then you can not claim that he is aware of them.

Just because he said that he knows many unreleased songs, it doesn't have to mean that he knows these specific two.

Last edited:
You're jumping to conclusions.

If Brad never mentioned (or was specifically asked about) "Men in Black" and "Buffalo Bill", then you can not claim that he is aware of them.

Just because he said that he knows many unreleased songs, it doesn't have to mean that he knows these specific two.

Brad knows BB. Michael has worked on it in 1989.

Really? I just assumed it was worked on until '86 and then got shelved for good.

Bill Bottrell when asked about his work on Dangerous:

We did mess around with "Buffalo Bill". It was a heavy John Barnes influence, and the cool chorus:
Who shot Buffalo Bill?
They said he shot alot did he ever get killed?

Bill Bottrell when asked about his work on Dangerous:

We did mess around with "Buffalo Bill". It was a heavy John Barnes influence, and the cool chorus:
Who shot Buffalo Bill?
They said he shot alot did he ever get killed?

Yeah, I was the person who asked him that question lol

Back