Does the MJ + Whitney Duet really exist?

Hudson112;4285953 said:
See, if he thinks MJ is now a pedophile, I don’t know what he’s doing keeping unreleased footage, he might as well just give it up.

He does?

Maybe the live singing is just too horrible that it should rather stay unreleased? Just a possibility. I somehow can't imagin Michael having a good enough voice singing this type of (calm clean voice-centered) song live at that time.

Last edited:
He does?

Maybe the live singing is just too horrible that it should rather stay unreleased? Just a possibility. I somehow can't imagin Michael having a good enough voice singing this type of (calm clean voice-centered) song live at that time.
Never underestimate the king

He does?

He went mental on twitter and said he think mj is a nonce now.

SmoothGangsta;4286072 said:
He went mental on twitter and said he think mj is a nonce now.
I don’t think he’s even on Twitter anymore, I think he’s, for the most part, gone from social media. If he wants to disassociate from Michael so much, what is he doing keeping unreleased footage of a supposed “nonce”? Maybe he burned it, I don’t know.

I talked to Anthony months before the documentary and i asked to him bout those rehearsals videos, he told me he had those footages on his HDD and he was trying to find those and if he would have find these he was to giving these to MJCast. This is what he told me. But it never happened. But i'm pretty sure he's not the only one to have these, or atleast he gave a copy to someone else.

Also, a great friend of mine were at those rehearsals, and he confirmed Michael wasn't in a good shape during those, same for Whitney.

And as i may know, i recognize two different amateur recordings from two different days, the Anthony amateur shot it should be from the 6th September day,
Another source comes from fefeinla, the instagram guy who shared the RWY band rehearsals with the vocalists, that one it should be from a different rehearsal day.

Michael Jackson's near duet with Whitney Houston

For years the idea of a song with legends came close to happening

Michael Jackson's duet with Whitney Houston would undoubtedly be a masterpiece. For years, both stars occupied the top spots of popularity and triumphed in different genres.

And the idea of a song with the legends came close to happening during the years that were active, in fact, happened on two different occasions. But none of them worked...

Almost there

The first attempt at a duet came in 1987 when Jackson wrote the ballad ''I Just Can 't Stop Loving You'', a song that is included on his album Bad. Initially the King of pop wanted to sing the song in duet with Barbra Streisand, as detailed in the book ''The Billboard Book of Number 1 Hits'', but she rejected it because she did not sympathize with the song. After the refusal, Jackson called Whitney Houston, however the artist's record label thought that if Whitney was part of the song it could subtract value from the promotion of her second album. Finally it was singer-songwriter Siedah Garrett who participated with Jackson, starting a musical relationship in which she would eventually create some of the king of pop's best-known themes, the song ''Man in a Mirror''.

The second attempt

The second time Jackson and Houston were about to record together came years later. According to the book ''Michael Jackson: All the Songs''producer Rodney Jenkins wrote a song for the King of pop called ''If I Told You That''. He wanted the two artists to record in duet. Jackson initially liked the idea, but there are different versions as to why they never recorded the song.
The book says that after news of the collaboration leaked, Jackson changed his mind. However, Smooth Radio reports that Jackson was on the road and would not be able to record on the scheduled date. Whatever the reason, we missed the opportunity to hear a historical duet.

Whitney Houston instead released the song with George Michael. ''If I Told You That'' didn't make the hit lists in the United States, but it certainly would have worked better with Michael Jackson...

MJBeats

The Lost Media Wiki doesn't have a citation for this, but their article has this in their table of unreleased MJ music:

TitleWriterAcknowledgementNotesStatus
Color of My SoulMichael JacksonUnknownWritten in 2000; possibly recorded in 2006 with Whitney Houston on backing vocals.Lost

Even if this is accurate information, it's not really a duet, but there's a chance they did collab together. I wouldn't rule such a thing out -- there's a couple Freddie Mercury collaborations in the Vault ("State of Shock" and "Victory"), the song "Crack Kills" with Run-D.M.C., and "Halloween Night" with Slash. This isn't to say that these collaborations went anywhere or are by any means releasable by any of their creators' standards, but MJ's Vault may be just a tad deeper than we think.

In 2015, a fan asked (via Twitter) Legacy Recordings, which is a division of Sony Music, for information about the supposed ‘Days Of The Broken Hearted’ duet song.

‘Days Of The Broken Hearted’ was supposedly recorded as a duet song in 2007, in a period when Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston were recording their respective, new studio albums.

Legacy Recordings responded positively to that fan.

Legacy Recordings even called for a public response by asking fans to hashtag that single in order to get it released (hashtag #DaysoftheBrokenHeartedAsASingle).

There were also rumours that the ‘Days Of The Broken Hearted’ duet song was meant for inclusion on the ‘Michael’ album (2010).

This suggests that this duet song might actually exist in a releasable state.

It doesn't exist. A Michael/Whitney duet would have been massive if it was ever recorded/in the vault. Yet there is no information about it from any producers etc. No point going there.
mj_frenzy;4321023 said:
In 2015, a fan asked (via Twitter) Legacy Recordings, which is a division of Sony Music, for information about the supposed ‘Days Of The Broken Hearted’ duet song.

‘Days Of The Broken Hearted’ was supposedly recorded as a duet song in 2007, in a period when Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston were recording their respective, new studio albums.

Legacy Recordings responded positively to that fan.

Legacy Recordings even called for a public response by asking fans to hashtag that single in order to get it released (hashtag #DaysoftheBrokenHeartedAsASingle).

There were also rumours that the ‘Days Of The Broken Hearted’ duet song was meant for inclusion on the ‘Michael’ album (2010).

This suggests that this duet song might actually exist in a releasable state.

George Michael

Whitney Houston instead released the song with George Michael. ''If I Told You That'' didn't make the hit lists in the United States, but it certainly would have worked better with Michael Jackson...
George was kinda blacklisted in the USA after the bathroom arrest and never really got the same radio airplay for his new songs again in the US. So he couldn't get the same popularity as before. Mary J. Blige's record label requested that Sony not release Mary's duet with George As. It was released in other countries, but it was not even on George's USA version of his Greatest Hits album.

It doesn't exist. A Michael/Whitney duet would have been massive if it was ever recorded/in the vault. Yet there is no information about it from any producers etc. No point going there.

Hi I spoke with MJ FRENZY and he has heard the track I am confident it exists. He spoke exclusively with MJ in 2009 and he had played it for him. MJ told MJ FRENZY that he was saving the song to release in the future

More than likely some more songs are recorded and exist but doesn’t mean the Estate has them in their possession. MJ didn’t trust many people, so who knows where certain songs are. The songs we have are it at the moment. The fact that not much has been released since his death is telling. Either, he lost them or destroyed them or simply told the producers to never hand them over for release. We may never know. The thing that has always concerned me is they released the Casio tracks, that tell me they probably don’t have much in their possession. So we have 7 tracks from the Michael album, demos from Bad and some previously leaked then butchered songs on Xscape. So we think all of a sudden we are going to get some fresh new tracks? The time to released anything new and strong was immediately after he died.

Hi I spoke with MJ FRENZY and he has heard the track I am confident it exists. He spoke exclusively with MJ in 2009 and he had played it for him. MJ told MJ FRENZY that he was saving the song to release in the future

Can people stop with these kind of inflammatory posts please. They add nothing to the conversation.

Smooth72;4321043 said:
More than likely some more songs are recorded and exist but doesn’t mean the Estate has them in their possession. MJ didn’t trust many people, so who knows where certain songs are. The songs we have are it at the moment.

I agree with this, I would assume that everything that has been released so far was what was directly in Michael's possession on his properties at the time of his death, which would explain why only one collab track has been released thus far ("Another Day" with Lenny Kravitz) when many such tracks exist. And then there's the case of collaborators like Will.i.am, who seems to be waiting to be presented with a deal in return for the rights to release them. I think that it's more of a legal problem than a material problem as regards releasing tracks from MJ's Vault. Remember the huge deal Paul Anka made when "This Is It" was released without him being credited? I think that the Estate is wary of similar things happening with other songs.

Smooth72;4321043 said:
The fact that not much has been released since his death is telling. Either, he lost them or destroyed them or simply told the producers to never hand them over for release. We may never know. The thing that has always concerned me is they released the Casio tracks, that tell me they probably don’t have much in their possession. So we have 7 tracks from the Michael album, demos from Bad and some previously leaked then butchered songs on Xscape. So we think all of a sudden we are going to get some fresh new tracks? The time to released anything new and strong was immediately after he died.

This I don't quite agree with. There were a number of non-Cascio tracks that were worked on and considered for Michael ("Lovely Way", "Slave to the Rhythm", "Do You Know Where Your Children Are", "She Was Loving Me/Chicago") and Xscape ("Hot Fun In The Summertime", "Chicago 1945"), some of which went on to see release. And I don't know about you guys, but I don't think anyone had even heard of "Price of Fame" or "I'm So Blue" until Bad 25 came out. This leads me to think that the Vault has a bit more in it than we might think. I'd say there is 100% complete and releasable stuff in there -- not to mention half-completed or almost-complete tracks -- and I don't doubt that we'll get a new EP or an album in a few years' time. But I do agree, it's kinda ridiculous to expect a full-fledged album right this minute. I'd be fine with any release as long as it was done with passion and respect to Michael's vision.

As regards any Whitney Houston collab sitting in either Whitney's or MJ's Vaults, I think that will take quite a bit of negotiations between the two Estates for any such project to see release. Just like the Freddie Mercury-MJ songs or the other Paul Anka duets.

Smooth72;4321043 said:
More than likely some more songs are recorded and exist but doesn’t mean the Estate has them in their possession. MJ didn’t trust many people, so who knows where certain songs are. The songs we have are it at the moment. The fact that not much has been released since his death is telling. Either, he lost them or destroyed them or simply told the producers to never hand them over for release. We may never know. The thing that has always concerned me is they released the Casio tracks, that tell me they probably don’t have much in their possession. So we have 7 tracks from the Michael album, demos from Bad and some previously leaked then butchered songs on Xscape. So we think all of a sudden we are going to get some fresh new tracks? The time to released anything new and strong was immediately after he died.

The Estate has definitely more songs in their possession because right after the singer’s death, John McClain discovered around 60 unreleased, complete/nearly complete songs.

When they were compiling the final track list of the ‘Michael’ album, they chose from those 60 songs, as confirmed also by John Branca.

For the ‘BAD 25’ album that came out two years after, the Estate had in their possession an extra number of 60 unreleased, complete/nearly complete songs from the ‘BAD’ album recording sessions alone.

Also, L.A. Reid spoke about 24 unreleased tracks in a complete/nearly complete state from which they chose when they compiled the final track list of the ‘Xscape’ album.

The Estate and Sony Music also indicated that they aim at longevity when it comes to Michael Jackson’s future, posthumous album releases (that contain unreleased tracks).

This longevity (as their aim) means that all of Michael Jackson’s unreleased tracks (in a complete/nearly complete state of completion) should not get a release only in the following decade after his death, but they should get a gradual release on a long-term basis that covers many, following decades (as they stated, just like the strategy of Elvis Presley Estate).

mj_frenzy;4321068 said:
The Estate has definitely more songs in their possession because right after the singer’s death, John McClain discovered around 60 unreleased, complete/nearly complete songs.

When they were compiling the final track list of the ‘Michael’ album, they chose from those 60 songs, as confirmed also by John Branca.

For the ‘BAD 25’ album that came out two years after, the Estate had in their possession an extra number of 60 unreleased, complete/nearly complete songs from the ‘BAD’ album recording sessions alone.

Also, L.A. Reid spoke about 24 unreleased tracks in a complete/nearly complete state from which they chose when they compiled the final track list of the ‘Xscape’ album.

The Estate and Sony Music also indicated that they aim at longevity when it comes to Michael Jackson’s future, posthumous album releases (that contain unreleased tracks).

This longevity (as their aim) means that all of Michael Jackson’s unreleased tracks (in a complete/nearly complete state of completion) should not get a release only in the following decade after his death, but they should get a gradual release on a long-term basis that covers many, following decades (as they stated, just like the strategy of Elvis Presley Estate).

I do think there are more songs than some says. I will not try to guess just how many songs are in the vault.

But - if they found 60 songs and from those they choose songs for Michael - many of those 60 was Cascio songs?? - that makes the number a bit lower.

I have never heard that The Estate all of a sudden discovered 60 BAD outtakes/demoes and from those songs were choosen for BAD25?? - I hope it's true, but I doubt there is 60 songs alone from the BAD sessions. - Not with vocals. Then it's just scrape demoes with no vocals - that can never be used really.

AND the 24 songs considered for Xscape is probably leftovers from the Michael song selection. - So if there was 60 songs, 10 was on Michael - that leaves 50, from those another 10 is Cascio - that leaves 40, from those 24 was good enough to be considered for Xscape and 8 songs was released - that leaves 32 songs total from the 60. - maybe only 16 good enough to release??

This prooves nothing and I know nothing about songs in the vault - It just shows numbers can be played with and proves nothing.

Only The Estate knows how many MJ songs are left - and since some producers may have unfinished songs, even the estate don't really know I guess...

I do think there are more songs than some says. I will not try to guess just how many songs are in the vault.

But - if they found 60 songs and from those they choose songs for Michael - many of those 60 was Cascio songs?? - that makes the number a bit lower.

I have never heard that The Estate all of a sudden discovered 60 BAD outtakes/demoes and from those songs were choosen for BAD25?? - I hope it's true, but I doubt there is 60 songs alone from the BAD sessions. - Not with vocals. Then it's just scrape demoes with no vocals - that can never be used really.

AND the 24 songs considered for Xscape is probably leftovers from the Michael song selection. - So if there was 60 songs, 10 was on Michael - that leaves 50, from those another 10 is Cascio - that leaves 40, from those 24 was good enough to be considered for Xscape and 8 songs was released - that leaves 32 songs total from the 60. - maybe only 16 good enough to release??

This prooves nothing and I know nothing about songs in the vault - It just shows numbers can be played with and proves nothing.

Only The Estate knows how many MJ songs are left - and since some producers may have unfinished songs, even the estate don't really know I guess...

Excellent post, which gives much food for thought.

I hope I'm wrong but I doubt there's an unheard duet between Michael and Whitney in the vault. Surely we would have heard that in the last 10 years since they've passed?

It reminds me of when someone close to Prince mentioned he reworked Bad and sent it back to MJ and said this is how you should do it.
I would have thought we would have heard that by now or even heard more about it?

Back