New MJ content (Possibility)

wow, just saw Metallica's latest anniversary release today.

193 tracks, including demos, alternate takes, mixes and rehearsal audio. that's insane. for their 1991 album.

why is that kinda stuff impossible for MJ...

Exactly. How hard is to release demos or alternative takes of all of MJÂ’s songs?

I may be in the minority, but I have no interest in “alternative takes.” Nine times out of ten you can’t even distinguish a difference. I would love demos, but only if they’re noticeably different from the final track. I love the demo to “The Girl is Mine” for that reason, but if it’s like the “Jam” demo—a slightly-different instrumental with scratch vocals—they can keep it.

I may be in the minority, but I have no interest in “alternative takes.” Nine times out of ten you can’t even distinguish a difference

I'd agree somehow, alternative takes MAY be interesting, but often they are mostly identical or inferior versions...
I have one of those Bob Dylan's 6 CD album edition (similar to that concept from Metallica), I don't remember actually listening to it.

But anyway this is still an example of how much effort is put in other artists (re)released and not in MJ's material.

There’s rumors of a single on October 8th, but that’s it.

According to rumours, the buzz promo campaign will begin week commencing September 27th leading to the lead single release on October 8th. This comes from the same guy who works for the billboard company.

I may be in the minority, but I have no interest in “alternative takes.” Nine times out of ten you can’t even distinguish a difference. I would love demos, but only if they’re noticeably different from the final track.

I concur. The Beatles Anthology box sets mostly consist of versions of famous songs that are near-identical to the normal ones. If I put my music on shuffle, I barely know which is which anymore.

According to rumours, the buzz promo campaign will begin week commencing September 27th leading to the lead single release on October 8th. This comes from the same guy who works for the billboard company.
Lol. Seriously guys....

I don't have any idea why they do keep believing to all these.

Random twitter account with no previous credibility claims sony reached out to them and told them there's a new MJ release and NDA's dont exist so the person was kind enough to share the info publicly. very believeable lol.

Random twitter account with no previous credibility claims sony reached out to them and told them there's a new MJ release and NDA's dont exist so the person was kind enough to share the info publicly. very believeable lol.

Ain't a random person, he happens to work for a billboard company here in the UK. A contractor per say, licensing/publishers provide them with what they require displaying nationwide to promote a product/business venture or so on.

Here's my ultimate gripe with the Estate & the powers that be at Sony:

Everyone always gives them hell over projects they could release but don't (i.e. an album of unreleased songs, restoring the short films in 4K, etc.). I understand the fans' frustration, but those things actually require time, money, manpower, and above all: effort. My gripe with the estate is that they can't even be bothered to do small things that require little to no effort at all.

Case in point: Thriller in 3d/IMAX.

In the past 3 years or so since it debuted on the big screen, they've made no attempts to release it on Blu-Ray or even put it on Youtube. You could argue that no one buys physical media anymore and that Sony would have to go through the trouble of packaging and shipping thousands or millions of units to stores only for most of them to not sell since it's a dying format.

HOWEVER, they can just upload it to Youtube for everyone to see, and they easily can do it RIGHT NOW. The arduous 4K restoration process is already done and they can just upload the IMAX version to the official Youtube channel anytime. But they can't even be bothered to do that.

THAT is what irks me about the management of MJ's Estate more than anything else; it's literally the little things

Everyone always gives them hell over projects they could release but don't (i.e. an album of unreleased songs, restoring the short films in 4K, etc.). I understand the fans' frustration, but those things actually require time, money, manpower, and above all: effort. My gripe with the estate is that they can't even be bothered to do small things that require little to no effort at all.

In the past 3 years or so since it debuted on the big screen, they've made no attempts to release it on Blu-Ray or even put it on Youtube. You could argue that no one buys physical media anymore and that Sony would have to go through the trouble of packaging and shipping thousands or millions of units to stores only for most of them to not sell since it's a dying format.

HOWEVER, they can just upload it to Youtube for everyone to see, and they easily can do it RIGHT NOW. The arduous 4K restoration process is already done and they can just upload the IMAX version to the official Youtube channel anytime. But they can't even be bothered to do that.

THAT is what irks me about the management of MJ's Estate more than anything else; it's literally the little things
It doesn't really make sense to release one short film on Blu-Ray. Even with the making-of documentary. They probably want to release it with other shorts films in HD. Also they might want to release it on disc before uploading to Youtube.

I just hope they will at least upgrade/restore all the videoes to 4K

The most iconic musicvideos of all time - many are classics - they need to be presented in best possible quality.

I still hope we will se more concert releases from BAD and Dangerous tour - and especially Victory and Triumph. - Back then it was all live and the energy is crazy. Also the concerts are more intimate somehow.

I just hope they will at least upgrade/restore all the videoes to 4K

The most iconic musicvideos of all time - many are classics - they need to be presented in best possible quality.

I still hope we will se more concert releases from BAD and Dangerous tour - and especially Victory and Triumph. - Back then it was all live and the energy is crazy. Also the concerts are more intimate somehow.
That's pretty much what all fans say now on everything on comments. We want 4k but they claim they are listening

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Couldn't agree more. I would argue the second short film they should remaster is Ghosts. Let's say they choose to do a halloween release they could package them both on Bluray + Scream if they want. Or release it digitally. Both viable options imo. New Music, Remastered Music Videos, HD Concerts :)

Given the fact that the estate released the scream album for Halloween and Michael loved that time of year, what if! They released Ghosts/Thriller and thriller making of all in 4k along with a single which could be double a *threatened* and a unreleased track. I think that would kick start a brilliant start to a campaign of bringing Michael back into the main spotlight!

The latest tweet says the Estate are filming the musical and will release it similarly to how Diana the Musical is on Netflix.

The latest tweet says the Estate are filming the musical and will release it similarly to how Diana the Musical is on Netflix.

Hopefully this is true. The Broadway show is a phenomenal idea and I love the idea of the estate making more readily accessible to people who canÂ’t make it to NYC.

And now the latest tweet is lyrics of “Ghost of Another Lover”

The tweet reads;

“I just wanna take my time
Damn, losing my mind
She just a ghost of another lover”

No idea whatÂ’s happening. Was it next week it was all supposed to start?

It’s all nonsense. I reckon this guy is a troll. Pretty sure we would have had some kind of leak by now..

The tweet reads;

Damn, losing my mind

No idea what’s happening. Was it next week it was all supposed to start?

Ghost of Another Lover has no verse vocals so very unlikely it would be used on a release. Not believing this at all. Is this the same guy that knew about Billboards who is now acting like he knows about the musical and posting song lyrics? lol.

The tweet reads;

Damn, losing my mind

No idea what’s happening. Was it next week it was all supposed to start?

Week commencing September 27th apparently, the beginning of the campaign - ie the Billboards are supposed to go live on the 30th

Ghost of Another Lover has no verse vocals so very unlikely it would be used on a release. Not believing this at all. Is this the same guy that knew about Billboards who is now acting like he knows about the musical and posting song lyrics? lol.

It might be completely unrelated. Not everything he tweets is about a release. Just thought IÂ’d share anyway.

Back