Katherine & MJ's kids sue AEG / Trial date April 2, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Katherine & MJ's kids sue AEG / Trial date set Sept. 10, 2012

Its all a coincedence!

Yeah, I agree.

It's almost like they should just take that part out or I guess if they did, it would totally collapse their theory of events.

I mean, at this point it is more then evident that Michael Jackson had a doctor/patient relationship with The Murderer Murray a long time before AEG came on the scene. Some of us even were able to figure out the timeline of that relationship, but the recent trial sort of made that information basic knowledge.

I also believe that Ortega's conversation with Murray, wherein Murray basically dismissed Ortega's concern, will also play a major role in how this all plays out.

And why on earth would AEG have access to "visitor and/or security" logs for Michael's home. LOL! That request made me laugh.

At this point, in my opinion, them continuing to say that AEG "picked out Murray to be Michael's doctor" is basically a lie.

the lawsuit seems to very small now compaired to the begining.and two parts of it are based on AEG hiring/picking murray which is easy to disprove

@Big Apple2

you are right, they can't take out hiring part because they need an employee and employer relationship to say that AEG also shares responsibility.

I think the information came from Murray's lawsuit seriously hurt Katherine's case against AEG. Let's look it over

- It's been established that Murray wasn't selected or introduced by AEG. He was introduced by Michael's bodyguard and has been in Michael's life for some time - before AEG ever came into the picture.
- The offer came from Michael and he also came with other offers such as running the children's hospital. Murray acknowledged that.
- AEG wasn't so keen on hiring Murray, they thought him to be expensive, cut the negotiations, tried to change Michael's mind.
- They agreed to hire Murray on Michael's request on a salary determined by Michael.
- By the time of Michael's death the contract wasn't signed and Murray wasn't paid. Note: Katherine has an argument here as that Murray notified them he started working and asked for his payment and that the contract would cover starting from May, the work relationship was there.

As for they didn't care for Michael's health part
- Ortega was concerned and sent him home - he didn't push him to stay and work. He also expressed his concerns.
- there was an emergency meeting in which they were assured by Murray
- the next 2 days they saw Michael he was more than okay.
So AEG can easily argue that they had no ongoing reason for concern.

Also rumored "don't see Klein" and Dileo's voice call to Murray asking him to do a blood test to find out what he's been taking - seems like they suspected Klein but not Murray.

Also Murray trial clearly established how Murray lied about Michael's health - even to the insurance broker while Michael was dead or dying- AEG can easily argue that Murray painted them a perfectly healthy Michael and that's why they didn't put a stop on the rehearsals or panicked about Michael's health.

You never know how a jury will vote but AEG has a decent chance of winning this one. Katherine also have some points. This will be one interesting case that's for sure. We'll have to wait to see the outcome.

Murray himself stated Michael introduced him to AEG not the opposite. Also I believe it was proven in court that AEG didnt hire Murray.

I have always believe that AEG didn't want any parts of Murray. That's just an opinion that I've always held regarding the situation.

And my personal opinion only became stronger when I heard the testimony regarding Murray first asking for FIVE MILLION DOLLARS (I believe that was the correct figure). I bet those AEG big-wigs were scratching their heads while asking "who does this guy think he is!"

The fact that AEG added all of those "caveats" regarding Michael's signature in order to finalize this deal also speaks volumes in my opinion.

Oh and I also believe that Murray getting in Ortega's face like he did during that meeting at Michael's crib, didn't help his cause much and "most likely" only pushed AEG further away from securing Murray's employment.

I agree Big Apple

I still can't fathom that murderer Murray was telling AEG, the insurance broker and everyone else that MJ was fine and healthy while he was sitting up there injecting him with tons of sedatives and anesthesia. It is just painful to even recall.

Randy philips was at a austin brown concert the other night. a face book friend went and talked to him. he claims he has mj on tape agreeing to the 50 shows and having no issue with it. he claimed he cant aire it till the lawsuit happens. but is that tape relevent to the lawsuit as it stands now interms of it being about who hired murray. or is philips just bluffing.the person on f.b said austin didnt even know who philips was! that pretty much sums it up.

Last edited:

is this friend reliable?

Yeah they are one of the hardcore fans who followed mj. they said they had a bit of a go with philips so whether he just said it to shut her up i dunno

To your question

tape or the number of the concerts is not an issue of the lawsuit

however if several witnesses such as Karen Faye for example testify that the concert number was increased without Michael's knowledge and they were working him harder due to it etc, it - if real of course- can come handy to show they weren't forcing him and / or he wasn't under their orders and have a decision power.

edited to add : it can also challenge some people's credibility. For example if some witness says "michael didn't want the 50 concerts" but then you have a Michael on tape happily agreeing to it then it can also challenge that witness and bring the doubt that if they are telling the truth

Thanks for the news Elusive.

If this tape exists, I want to hear it.

Last edited:

yeah thats very true ivy. i guess time will tell

The fact that DA Walgren and Judge Pastor have shown more passion and outrage at Murray's outrageous and criminal behavior than Mike's own family just proves what the Jacksons are about. Mike was the only one in that family with a loving heart. All the rest of them seem cold and detached. Why isn't Katherine outraged at Murray? She sat through that damn trial and heard first hand what that horrible doctor did to Mike while chatting on the phone with his hoochies yet she doesn't want to pursue restitution?

What the hell is wrong with her?

Who said she doesnt want compensation.never mind ive seen it. unbelievable. the final insult. i guess katherine wad told only the kids would be intitled

I just don't understand how the increase to 50 dates at the o2 is an important issue at this trial. At the murray trial, aeg laid out the plans for tii and it was always going to be a more ambitious plan than just 10/31 dates at the o2 - the tour was going to go to other countries. So instead of 31 london dates and then dates abroad, the plan was changed to doing 50 dates in one venue but the time period was also increased to a period of nearly a year. Even if mj wasn't happy about this - it wasn't an issue that would affect his health/stress levels. It just meant he had a longer residency before taking the tour abroad and in fact it would help his stress levels as it would lessen the need for travel, different time zones etc. The 50 london dates presumably would lead to doing less dates abroad.

There's a motion to compel hearing set for April 24 in Katherine Jackson - AEG lawsuit.

Before trial happens both sides send interrogatories - questions - to the other side to answer and request for documents . AEG is now claiming that Katherine Jackson is not answering their questions and they filed thousands of pages showing all the communications and asking the judge to order Katherine Jackson to answer AEG's questions.

Summary

- April 2011 AEG sends the questions and document requests to Katherine, Prince, Paris and Blanket.
- After delays in November 2011 Katherine and the kids sends all objections to all questions asked. They did not answer any questions or provided any documents to AEG.
- All of the December & January is filled with back and forth communications with Katherine's and AEG's lawyers to find a solution to the requests and not answering. They finally agree on mid-February to answer all the requests with minor modifications.
- Early February Katherine Jackson sends her initial answers but they are all the same answer copy pasted - which is in most instances just a repeat of the complaint.
- Mid- February deadline comes and AEG still does not receive the additional and all required answers and Katherine's lawyers start to ask for indefinite extensions. AEG at that time says they cannot give indefinite extensions because they need to get the answers and prepare for the trial.
- AEG waits for Mid-March but they get no documents or no additional responses.
- AEG says they weren't able to take depositions of the Jackson family members. Katherine was supposed to be deposed at March 1st but she didn't show up for deposition. They also haven't given a new date.

Therefore AEG is asking the judge to order Katherine Jackson to answer the questions and document requests.

From the documents we can see that the documents AEG is asking for includes
- anything about Michael's health
- anything about the doctors
- anything about how success or failure of TII would affect Michael financially
- any documents or communications with Michael's staff - Grace, Karen Faye, Kai Chase and the bodyguards are explicitly named.
- any documents about financial allowances or gifts Michael gave to Katherine and the rest of the Jacksons.
- any document about Katherine's finances and assets
- all social media, internet accounts, blogs, emails used by Michael, Katherine, Michael's kids and all Jacksons.
- anything about Michael's diet, nutrition or eating disorders
- anything about Michael's financial information as well as actual or potential bankruptcy
- any diary, journal, calendar etc kept by Michael.
- any autopsy reports
- documents about any mental health issues Michael suffered through his lifetime.
- any documents or communications about substance abuse, interventions , rehab
- any documents or communications about if Michael had consideration or propensity to commit suicide.

Questions asked to Katherine include
- Asking Katherine to explain the information she based her claims on
- how Katherine spent time with Michael between 04-09
- any communications Katherine had with Michael about his health , addiction, substance abuse, interventions and so on.
- communications with Michael between June 17 and June 24.
- Katherine's impression about Michael's health
- Michael's finances
- any time Katherine saw Michael to take any medicine/ drug and any effects she saw
- any time Katherine saw Michael impaired or under the effects of drugs, alcohol such as slurred speech, bloodshot eyes
- explain any time Michael spent in rehab
- any talks Katherine had with Michael about TII
- explain items, objects, documents taken from Michael's residences by Jacksons.

Questions sent to Prince, Paris and Blanket include
- asking them to identify all people that lived or worked in Carolwood from Jan 09 to June 09
- tell about any instances anyone talking / asking them about Michael's health
- tell about any instances anyone talking / asking them about Michael's addictions or mental health issues
- asking them to tell how they spent time with Michael including activities they did and typical conversations they had
- asking if they talked with Michael about his health and medicines he took
- asking them about their impression of Michael's physical and mental health
- all interactions and communications from June 23 to June 25
- asking about when they first met Murray and asking them to tell when and where they saw Murray over the years.
- asking about all their interactions , communications with Murray
- asking if they witnessed Murray to give Michael medical treatment
- asking if they saw Michael to take any medicine and any effects they witnessed
- asking if they ever saw Michael impaired
- asking about any drugs or alcohol present in Carolwood
- any conversations they had with Michael about TII
- their impression about Michael's physical and mental health
- asking about their interactions with Klein
- asking about any conversations they had about Michael with the Jacksons

Note: These requests for information and documents are done to gather information so that the parties can prepare for the trial. Just because a question is asked doesn't mean it happened or that the person has any knowledge about it.

thanks ivy so it looks like the jacksons are trying to stall on answering these questions. if this goes on and on i presume AEG could ask for a delay or in the extreme ask for the case to be thrown out?

I found the questions about interventions really interesting. The Jack$ons have been claiming interventions without proof the moment MJ died...and this is going to bite them in the butt.

At the time Michael passed Prince, Paris and Blanket were 12, 11 and 7 respectively.

How are they going to be able to give coherent answers about Michael's mental health?

Otherwise I think the questions to Mrs Jackson are appropriate.

Can she refuse to answer certain questions Ivy?

Thank you Ivy. The Jackson's keep talking about the truth coming out and I think we are going to find out a lot of truth about THEM.

Cant believe they agree to put the kids through this again. Those questions will be quite hard to answer, not only because of their age at the time indeed, but they'll have to relive all this, once more?

At the time Michael passed Prince, Paris and Blanket were 12, 11 and 7 respectively.

How are they going to be able to give coherent answers about Michael's mental health?

Otherwise I think the questions to Mrs Jackson are appropriate.

Can she refuse to answer certain questions Ivy?

questions are answered on the basis of ability and knowledge so "I don't know" or "that never happened" are acceptable answers. However you can't answer every question with "I don't know".

Cant believe they agree to put the kids through this again. Those questions will be quite hard to answer, not only because of their age at the time indeed, but they'll have to relive all this, once more?

Also Michael is put through it once again. Not surprisingly Michael's previous drug uses, any addictions or interventions will come into play as a defense tool. Jacksons claimed AEG dictated Michael's medical care, it seems like they'll go with "look this was an existing issue" route to defend themselves.

questions are answered on the basis of ability and knowledge so "I don't know" or "that never happened" are acceptable answers. However you can't answer every question with "I don't know".

Also Michael is put through it once again. Not surprisingly Michael's previous drug uses, any addictions or interventions will come into play as a defense tool. Jacksons claimed AEG dictated Michael's medical care, it seems like they'll go with "look this was an existing issue" route to defend themselves.

I think that the Jacksons will not know the answers to a lot of those questions!

If AEG decides to bring up michael's possible drug use in the pass, then they will damage their chances of winning their insurance claim.

Jacksons claimed AEG dictated Michael's medical care, it seems like they'll go with "look this was an existing issue" route to defend themselves.
I agree. AEG only came to the picture in 2008 long after MJ supposed medical issues so they can't be blamed for this mess. in fact they will tell the jack$ons "Look you should have known or intervened since your are family".

But again the Jacksons had no contact with MJ between 04-09 except for the 2005 trial. and the only contact they had was brief and mostly to put him under pressure to perform with the Jack$ons, and I hope AEG brings that point up.

If AEG decides to bring up michael's possible drug use in the pass, then they will damage their chances of winning their insurance claim.

Not nessarily. because AEG had no knowledge of MJ's medical history. in fact they are requesting the Jacksons to hand over medical documents including autopsy report.

I think that the Jacksons will not know the answers to a lot of those questions!

That's because MJ cut them loose for years if not decades. and so it'll be interesting to see how KJ will "explain the information she based her claims on". To tell you the truth her claims are based purely on hearsay. plus, most of her claims have been contradicted in the Murray trial.

well yes and no :)

Some of Michael's possible drug use has already became public knowledge during Murray trial such as Michael asking multiple doctors about Propofol and Murray giving it for 6 weeks. Also Jackson's mentioned interventions multiple times. So mentioning already known stuff is not going to reduce AEG's chances.

Also in my opinion it's quite obvious that they give more importance to this lawsuit. If they lose this one they'll have to pay millions to Katherine Jackson, if they lose Lloyd's lawsuit they don't get paid. Given the fact that their chances doesn't look that well in Lloyd's lawsuit - as it's now kinda established that Michael and Murray didn't disclose the full medical information- they can simply let go of that one.

I 'm agree with Ben. Just wanted to say the same things. I can never understand the family and what kind of values they have if they involve children in this. Put them into the case where they have to read and think over such things about their dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back