MJ Estate Sues Tohme Tohme / Tohme Countersues / Tohme's Complaint [Merged]

Re: MJ Estate sues Tohme Tohme

Ah, some actions! Gonna be interesting.

Jermaine has something to say about it ? Yes, I'm sure. Can't wait.

Poor Michael someday all of them will pay their bills.

Re: MJ Estate sues Tohme Tohme / Tohme countersues / Tohme's complaint @pg 14

the posters at the 02 on the day of the press conference said this is it.the name was already in place for the shows.

Elusive thanks for this information; it helps clarifies this TII title somewhat.

Tohme claims he came up the name during a meeting between Michael and AEG executives.

Reading Thome's suite you get the idea that he thinks he was Michael Jackson' savior, relieving him from all financial, business, and personal ills. I want to see what documents he has to back up all these assertions. I really hope the estate does not settle and let this guy prove all his claims in court.

The problem with Tohme Tohme is that his fees are really exhorbitant and are way above what any managers would earn. In fact, people who managed MJ before him earned far less for doing pretty much the same thing. Raymond Baine was doing pretty much all that stuff but she did not have 5 strange contracts to suffocate MJ with.

His service agreement is far too excessive. plus why does it need the indemnity agreement when he's already got a signed-off service agreement? and why should MJ pay him any form of indemnity? Indemnity for what? and why would he need a "production fee" agreement when he's already got a service agreement in place? that's like imposing a double taxation on MJ for exactly the same thing. the service agreement is inclusive and quite broad in terms of scope.

His claim that his negotiations with other institutions lead to nowhere is hard to believe given his history with colony capital. Maybe he made sure those negotiations failed in the first place so he could get in bed with Colony Capital for the Nevy deal. plus, there is not much "finding" he had to do since he knew colony capital already. and i think this is an important point of contention here. how much "finding" did he actually do to claim a fee for? What constitutes "finding"? Also, the terms of the deal were so unfavourable to MJ. if the Estate can prove that a better deal could have been forged elsewhere, then his claim is tossed. Tohme was fired for crying out loud, therefore those agreements cannot be honored beyond his employment time. Plus MJ died and never had the chance to perform. and the millions that the Estate has been earning is the result of John Branca, who negotiated a series of deals for the Estate. The this is it movie and soundtrack saw the light of the day ONLY because of the new contracts Johan Branca had negotiated with Sony and AEG. The original this is it contract become null and void. and AEG was even planning on making a claim against the estate for the production costs as MJ already owed AEG in production cost. Without these new contracts, the estate would not have made any money from the canned this is it project. that is a fact.

Last edited:

I don't think the Estate will settle with this maggot! They see him for what he is! Tohme did nothing but deceive MJ and keep him in the dark - asking MJ to blindly trust him while he stole and cheated MJ out of a fortune! I hope the Estate chews this man up and spits him out - AND get anything of MJ's back from him that has not already been turned over yet! That property and money belongs to his babies now! I can't believe Tohme had the cajones to even FILE his wimpy little suit! Sheesh!

You all are warriors for MJ and I love it!

Re: MJ Estate sues Tohme Tohme / Tohme countersues / Summary @pg 5

I think as now we have the Tohme's lawsuit we can try to do a small calculation about how much money Tohme wants from MJ Estate

From Neverland loan : $2.3 Million
AEG TII deal :
---- movie : $39 Million (15% of $261 Million)
---- licensing : unknown
---- DVD : $6.7 Million (15% of $45 Million http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/2009/JACKO-DVD.php)
---- album sales, mp3: unknown (but the TII soundtrack sold 1.6 Million copies in USA alone)
---- merchandising and promotion : unknown

we also do not know what's the 15% of other stuff Tohme lists. But just looking to the known numbers related to TII , Tohme seems to be asking for at least $50 Million.

passy001;3602062 said:
His claim that his negotiations with other institutions lead to nowhere is hard to believe given his history with colony capital. Maybe he made sure those negotiations failed in the first place so he could get in bed with Colony Capital for the Nevy deal. plus, there is not much "finding" he had to do since he knew colony capital already. and i think this is an important point of contention here. how much "finding" did he actually do to claim a fee for? What constitutes "finding"?

I'll quote Jermaine from his book. He talks about hearing Michael will lose Neverland.

"My mind went into over-drive, worrying about something I couldn’t control, until a thought flashed into my head: Dr. Tohme-Tohme. Halima was hesitant. “But you hardly know the man,” she said. “And our other options are where right now?” I said.

If he could lead me to people of wealth to create something as vast as Crystal City, then saving Neverland would cost the equivalent of small change. I called our new friend and we met at his house on April 13, 2008.

I hadn’t told Michael what was going on because I needed to get my ducks in a row first. Once there, I outlined my brother’s difficulty and explained his suspicions surrounding his debt. “Is there anyone you know who’d be willing to help?” I asked.

Tohme-Tohme picked up a business magazine. The cover photo was of a suave, bald-headed gentleman in his sixties with a deeply furrowed brow. “This guy.” “He will?” “I’ll make sure of it,” he added, with a certainty I didn’t need to understand. All I needed to know was that Tom Barrack, the Lebanese chairman of a real-estate investment firm called Colony Capital—controlling an estimated $40 billion in private equity—was on his speed dial (as well as the board of Miramax, Hilton, Fairmont and Raffles hotel chains). As a serious player, he seemed tailor made for this SOS. When word came back some days later that, yes, he was interested in having a meeting.....".

As you can see according to Jermaine Tohme didn't need to do any searching, he immediately said he'll get Barrack to pay for Neverland.

Jermaine better get ready to testify. Smh And I hope it get's to that point!

I think as now we have the Tohme's lawsuit we can try to do a small calculation about how much money Tohme wants from MJ Estate

AEG TII deal :
---- DVD : $6.7 Million (15% of $45 Million http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/2009/JACKO-DVD.php)
---- album sales, mp3: unknown (but the TII soundtrack sold 1.6 Million copies in USA alone)

we also do not know what's the 15% of other stuff Tohme lists. But just looking to the known numbers related to TII , Tohme seems to be at least asking for $50 Million.

In short, Tohme is asking for roughly $50m for doing NOTHING. He must be out of his damn mind.

ivy;3602069 said:
I'll quote Jermaine from his book. He talks about hearing Michael will lose Neverland.

"My mind went into over-drive, worrying about something I couldn’t control, until a thought flashed into my head: Dr. Tohme-Tohme. Halima was hesitant. “But you hardly know the man,” she said. “And our other options are where right now?” I said.

If he could lead me to people of wealth to create something as vast as Crystal City, then saving Neverland would cost the equivalent of small change. I called our new friend and we met at his house on April 13, 2008.

I hadn’t told Michael what was going on because I needed to get my ducks in a row first. Once there, I outlined my brother’s difficulty and explained his suspicions surrounding his debt. “Is there anyone you know who’d be willing to help?” I asked.

Tohme-Tohme picked up a business magazine. The cover photo was of a suave, bald-headed gentleman in his sixties with a deeply furrowed brow. “This guy.” “He will?” “I’ll make sure of it,” he added, with a certainty I didn’t need to understand. All I needed to know was that Tom Barrack, the Lebanese chairman of a real-estate investment firm called Colony Capital—controlling an estimated $40 billion in private equity—was on his speed dial (as well as the board of Miramax, Hilton, Fairmont and Raffles hotel chains). As a serious player, he seemed tailor made for this SOS. When word came back some days later that, yes, he was interested in having a meeting.....".

As you can see according to Jermaine Tohme didn't need to do any searching, he immediately said he'll get Barrack to pay for Neverland.

I thought so. There is no way in hell he's getting the so-called "finding" fee.

See, Jermaine is always lurking in the background. He's beginning to disgust me. First the Prince of Bahrain, now the Tohme Tohme? Unbelievable!

Jermaine better get ready to testify. Smh And I hope it get's to that point!

Well you never know how they'll testify. Remember Katherine Jackson affidavit at HTWF and she didn't say it, no she said it back and forth?

They can use his words in his book against him if he says something different...I guess? His book is like his memories as he remembers it. So I take it as his statement on record. lol

Well you never know how they'll testify. Remember Katherine Jackson affidavit at HTWF and she didn't say it, no she said it back and forth?

I don't think they even need him to testify. They can just subpoena the HR manager of Colony Capital.

- In regard to Neverland, Tohme claims he talked with other lending institutions but it didn't lead anywhere.*
- Tohme says he then contacted Colony Capital who agreed to give $23 million.
- Tohme says he deserves $2.3 M due to the finder's agreement as well as 10% from any future sale of Neverland.*
------------------------------------

thome worked for colony. does he think we were born yesterday.?! so he goes looking for other deals and surprise surprise he has no luck. but the company he actually works for is very intrested! aint that a shock.

50 million! Just for extras, wow!

Didn't the TII contract end up getting re-negotiated, because it was a cr*p deal for Michael, by Dileo? Or did I dream that?

It certainly appears that tohme only ever had his own best interests at heart, namely his wallet.

I would love to know what it is with Jermaine and Neverland, maybe he was worried that if Michael had financial difficulties then it would impact on his child support, maybe it's some sort of reversed psychology, or maybe he just wanted to be Michael's hero.

@Ivy, Am I right in thinking that it's unlikely that Tohme will walk away from this with nothing? Given that fact that there must be contracts and paperwork - and that the estate is fighting the amount and the nature that the contracts were put in place, this will hopefully lead to a much less amount that he is owed. Or is there actually a chance that Tohme could come away empty handed?

AEG TII deal :

we also do not know what's the 15% of other stuff Tohme lists. But just looking to the known numbers related to TII , Tohme seems to be asking for at least $50 Million.

Thats the thing. First I thought he only wanted money for the TII deal but no, this idiot wants to be paid for EVERYTHING!!

Tohme Tohme Lawsuit Against MJ Estate Summary

- Mention of the Neverland deal and Michael's personal property and memorabilia. Tohme says without him all of those would be lost.

Haha, it seems he forgot to mention the Juliens Auction thing when he was about to give away everything.

- Tohme says he called Ortega at Michael's suggestion to offer him the position of director at TII concerts.

Nice to hear this though knowing some people (read Karen and This is Not it) have said MJ hated Kenny and that it was Frank who brought him back

The nerve of him, I don't know whether to :puke: or :angry:

All of that is scary but the scariest thing is that according to him, he was in control of absolutely everything.

"Tohme says he was not only Michael's manager but he was also a trusted friend and confidant."
That is not what I was hearing from J. Catlin tape.

So in a future, if Neverland is sold for lets say 50 mil, he is entitled (according to him) to get another 10%?
I have no idea of these sort of things but it doesn't sound right to me!

What's this: "negotiated a contract with Sony about Off the wall"?

"- August 2008, Michael and Tohme enters into an indemnity agreement in which Michael agrees to compensate Tohme for reasonable expenses including personal and legal fees in connection to services Tohme provided to Michael.
- Tohme says in this agreement Michael also agreed to not hold Tohme responsible for any damages, losses, claims, liabilities due to Tohme's services."

Huh, didn't he nicely covered his behind with that agreement!
He could have lost million of Michael's money with his dealings and Michael agreed by signing this agreement, not to hold him responsible! I find this beyond unbelievable!

"Tohme says he received all the royalty payments from Sony on behalf of Michael"
and I'm sure that Tohme was filling his own pockets.
Tohme wants to see estate's books how much have they made since Michael died, but he is not ready to show his "books" from before Michael died.

Last edited:

@Ivy, Am I right in thinking that it's unlikely that Tohme will walk away from this with nothing? Given that fact that there must be contracts and paperwork - and that the estate is fighting the amount and the nature that the contracts were put in place, this will hopefully lead to a much less amount that he is owed. Or is there actually a chance that Tohme could come away empty handed?

Anything is possible. He can walk empty handed - if the judge agrees he didn't work in Michael's best interest. He could get some money - for the time you he worked for Michael. He could get everything he asked for. All are a possibility and too early to say.

Thats the thing. First I thought he only wanted money for the TII deal but no, this idiot wants to be paid for EVERYTHING!!

everything that he was involved.

Nice to hear this though knowing some people (read Karen and This is Not it) have said MJ hated Kenny and that it was Frank who brought him back

Yes he says he called Ortega on Michael's suggestion.

So in a future, if Neverland is sold for lets say 50 mil, he is entitled (according to him) to get another 10%?
I have no idea of these sort of things but it doesn't sound right to me!

yes he will. I think even if Estate buys Colony's portion Tohme will get 10% of that as well.

What's this: "negotiated a contract with Sony about Off the wall"?

Although some tend to refuse it, Raymone Bain in her lawsuit said that Thriller 24 was a new deal between Michael and Sony which included Michael doing new songs / remixes and taking part in promotion and Sony paying him money for that. It was rumored that "Off The Wall 30" was in the works when Michael died. So it seems like that was true and Tohme was negotiating a new contract for Michael to be involved in "Off The Wall 30".

Still looking into the legalities of "finders' fees." What I've found online so far, can refer to "finders" who work with investment companies, and what is "found" is properties to purchase. Or, the "finder" may find a buyer for a valuable piece of property. It would seem in the case of Tohme, he was taking on BOTH roles? "Finding" a buyer for N/L, and "finding" a property for Colony Capital?

Definition:

@font-face { font-family: "Times"; }@font-face { font-family: "Cambria"; }p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal { margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }a:link, span.MsoHyperlink { color: blue; text-decoration: underline; }a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed { color: purple; text-decoration: underline; }p { margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 10pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }div.Section1 { page: Section1; } Buying and selling is not always easy, especially if the item in question is a major company or a valuable parcel of real estate. Mortgage companies and other lenders might be anxious to do business with a qualified buyer, but they can't always make the phone calls and do the legwork to find a buyer themselves. This is where a middleman might enter the picture, and his or her financial reward for locating a buyer is often called a finder's fee.
A finder's fee is an amount of money, usually calculated as a percentage, that is given to the person who brings the buyer, seller and possibly lender together. For many transactions, this fee is negotiated ahead of time and put in writing before the sale is completed. Licensed real estate agents and mortgage brokers commonly collect a referral fee, which is simply another form of finder's fee. Some fees can be as high as 10 percent of the total selling price, but it's far more likely to earn about 0.5-1.0 percent. This can still be a hefty amount if the transaction is a company buyout or an expensive land deal.

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-finders-fee.htm
-------------------------------------

I remember in the early days after Michael died, Tohme was listed on the Colony Capital site as a PARTNER in the company. It was also stated there that he was an "ambassador," blah, blah. Weeks, or even days, after Michael died, everything related to Tohme was removed from the Colony Capital site. But, we can assume he's still a partner in that company?

What seems to be at issue here is "double-dipping," in that Tohme "found" a buyer for Michael's property, in a company in which he was a partner. So on that sense, he collected money from Michael in a percentage of the sale, but he is also an "investor" in the Neverland property. So, how much "finding" was there, really?

The other huge sticking point is Tohme's refusal, so far, to turn over his financial accountings of MICHAEL'S MONEY, to the Estate. I don't see how anything can move forward with any accuracy, i.e. how much Tohme is "owed," without knowing how much he's already been paid, or TOOK? The Estate is managing Michael's finances, and it would seem they have a RIGHT to see any and all accounts of how that money was spent?

There were statements by Tohme (in media), that he was "taking no salary," and was "helping" Michael. But now we see that he WAS taking a salary, according to the Estate's claims, and finding many other ways to profit from Michael. The sketchy art-sale. The auction was an attempt at "taking." Various other fees and payments, in his multiple roles, i.e. "president of MJJProductions," and so on. The "finders fee," and I'm sure all this barely scratches the surface.

Last edited:

Yikes 50 million dollars for doing nothing, but robbing his Client blind? That big ass fraud had better not get a penny from the Estate. He deserves to lose, and big time. Jermaine needs to be outted as well.

I'm hoping his overall shadiness and poor track record of proven lies and deceit work in favor of the Estate. I have a feeling many of the documents may not even have Michael's signature.

I remember in the early days after Michael died, Tohme was listed on the Colony Capital site as a PARTNER in the company. It was also stated there that he was an "ambassador," blah, blah. Weeks, or even days, after Michael died, everything related to Tohme was removed from the Colony Capital site. But, we can assume he's still a partner in that company?

What seems to be at issue here is "double-dipping," in that Tohme "found" a buyer for Michael's property, in a company in which he was a partner. So on that sense, he collected money from Michael in a percentage of the sale, but he is also an "investor" in the Neverland property. So, how much "finding" was there, really?

The other huge sticking point is Tohme's refusal, so far, to turn over his financial accountings of MICHAEL'S MONEY, to the Estate. I don't see how anything can move forward with any accuracy, i.e. how much Tohme is "owed," without knowing how much he's already been paid, or TOOK? The Estate is managing Michael's finances, and it would seem they have a RIGHT to see any and all accounts of how that money was spent?

There were statements by Tohme (in media), that he was "taking no salary," and was "helping" Michael. But now we see that he WAS taking a salary, according to the Estate's claims, and finding many other ways to profit from Michael. The sketchy art-sale. The auction was an attempt at "taking." Various other fees and payments, in his multiple roles, i.e. "president of MJJProductions," and so on. The "finders fee," and I'm sure all this barely scratches the surface.

I was thinking that if Tohme was partner with Colony, perhaps estate already knows it? They didn't name anyone else other than Tohme, but they did mention "Does 1 through 10", that could mean they know Colony involvement.

I thought Michael settled with the Prince of Bahrain because of Grace the Nanny's testimony, of how Michael asked her to use her bank account to get monies to Katherine Jackson, one million dollars.

Technically, this would be money laundering. The IRS and other Governmental Agencies would become suspicious of such a large amount. No wonder Grace was scared! So why does Thome think he did so many wonderful things? Tom Barrack picked up the phone and called Philip Anschutz to put Michael back to work. If Michael hadn't kept working preparing the Shows for the 02 in London, the public would have lost respect for him. This had nothing to do with Thome. It was Michael's hard work and no choice other than to go back to work to at least pay down the loan against the ATV catalog so his children would not end up in the street penniless.

Lawyer: Michael Jackson to testify in his defense in lawsuit filed by prince of Bahrain
BY ELLEN TUMPOSKY
DAILY NEWS CORRESPONDENT
Thursday, November 20, 2008
LONDON - It should be a thriller of a day in court.

Michael Jackson will fly from Los Angeles this weekend to take the stand on Monday in a breach-of-contract case in High Court here.

The singer - who wanted to appear via video link because of an unspecified illness - has been medically cleared to travel, his lawyer, Robert Englehart, said Thursday.

RELATED: SHEIKH SPENT $350K ON MICHAEL JACKSON 'BRAIN GURU'
Jackson is fighting a $7 million lawsuit filed by Sheikh Abdulla bin Hamad Al-Khalifa, an amateur songwriter who says the singer reneged on a deal to produce an album, an autobiography and a musical for their company, 2 Seas Records.

The sheikh, the son of the king of Bahrain, befriended Jackson in 2004 when the singer was facing child molestation charges. Jackson lived in Bahrain after his acquittal the following year.

Testifying Thursday, Sheikh Abdulla, 33, praised Jackson as "an individual who is very switched-on. He is a fantastic intellectual." Asked if there was anything "unusual" about Jackson, he said, "No."

In testimony and legal papers, he itemized his lavish spending on Jackson and his entourage, including:

$157,000 for a stay at the Hotel de Crillon in Paris and $122,000 at the Westin Excelsior in Rome.
$1.2 million for a donation in Jackson's name for the Rev. Jesse Jackson's rally marking the 40th anniversary of the Voting Rights Act.
$8,720 for after-hours rental of the Wild Wadi Water Park in Dubai for Jacko and his kids.
$250,000 for "cash so MJ could entertain his friends at Christmas."
The sheikh said he had to liquidate investments and sell a yacht to generate the cash to support Jackson.

He expected to get the money back in profits from their ventures.

"I would never pay anybody millions of dollars for nothing in return," the sheikh said.

Englehart suggested that everything given to Jackson was a gift and that Jackson's contract with 2 Seas is not binding because the projects never got off the ground.

The sheikh said he was devastated when Jackson left Bahrain and stopped taking his calls. He sent a text message to Grace Rwaramba, Jackson's nanny, saying: "Is it really true my brother doesn't want to do the recording with me?"

After his departure, Jackson left behind most of his possessions the sheikh had bought for him, including a Rolls-Royce, a Bentley and a $165,000 gold-and-diamond statue.

I was thinking that if Tohme was partner with Colony, perhaps estate already knows it? They didn't name anyone else other than Tohme, but they did mention "Does 1 through 10", that could mean they know Colony involvement.

Tohme's involvement with Colony Capital was hardly a SECRET! (yet his name was removed from their website, along with the "ambassador" statement.) We really don't know who the "DOES" are. Didn't the Estate legal papers say they don't know, either? That would seem to leave out Barrack, because surely they know he was partners with Tohme, and a part of the Neverland deal.

Whatever else we know about Tohme, we know that he has "veracity problems," i.e. he LIES. About being a doctor and ambassador, and about "not taking a salary," and who knows what else? Once a person lies about something significant, it's difficult to trust ANYTHING that they say? Whatever else, the assertions of the Estate lawsuit give more credibility to J. Gatlin's statements, and tape, that "Michael was afraid of Tohme." I think he certainly had reason to be.

We really don't know who the "DOES" are. Didn't the Estate legal papers say they don't know, either?
I don't know for sure but I would think they have at least some ideas who are they.
I just don't think they would have inserted other names if they didn't have something to back it up.

I have a question, do you have any info if Michael previously has given such an extraordinary powers to any other manager of his. I checked Raymone Bain lawsuit in which she stated what she did for Michael but she didn't seem to have all the power that Tohme had. She didn't have POA I think, but had service agreement (she only wanted 10%, Tohme 15%)
Here is the link to R B case if needed http://www.scribd.com/doc/15605980/Raymone-Bain-vs-Michael-Jackson-lawsuit

Weisner/konitzer were given P.O.A id like to see the estate go after them two if the limitations arent up

What was Jermaine's finders fee in all of this? Hooking MJ up with a crook is insane.. If Jermaine knew MJ had financial problems why didn't his behind get a job and take care of his own kids instead of leaving them at Katherine's for MJ to continue to take care of?

Does are unknown people thet might be uncovered during evidence gathering. So they either need to uncover new info or find out that someone else was involved.

Btw there's nothing wrong with colony or anyone offering a bad deal. The issue is with the people such as Tohme whose job was to look after best interest of Michael.

Btw there's nothing wrong with colony or anyone offering a bad deal. The issue is with the people such as Tohme whose job was to look after best interest of Michael.

Exactly. Real-estate is bought and sold all the time, with each party (buyer and seller) trying to make the best deal possible. The problem here seems to be CONFLICT OF INTEREST. I don't see how Tohme could have been "looking after the best interest of Michael" if he stood to profit as a co-buyer, when his goal should have been to get the best deal possible for Michael. Negotiations are possible with most real-estate deals, with each party trying to come out ahead. For Tohme, it seems to be win/win. Now, I've read news reports where Barrack is having barbecues and swimming in the pool, at Neverland. Oh, and he's a NEXT-DOOR-NEIGHBOR to Neverland. This is all extremely . . . . .complicated.

Back