Michael Jackson TV Alerts Thread

ILoveHIStory;4227374 said:
Germany will get a brand new documentary (another one) on August 25 on TV channel VOX called “Mein Freund Michael – Der King of Pop wird 60“.

Michael Jackson would have turned 60 on August 29th. To celebrate his birthday the private broadcaster Vox shows an extra-long documentary about the singer under the title: “My friend Michael – The King of Pop turns 60” on the 25th of August.

The documentary, which has not yet been shown, runs from 8:15 pm to 0:45pm. But the station lures with fascinating new knowledge about the life of the King Of Pop including private footages. Including interviews of German friend Dieter Wiesner and bodyguards, the channel is claiming to go further on understanding Michael Jackson, as a pop star and as a man.

+

For the 60th Birthday of music legend Michael Jackson, German TV channel – ProSieben will do a special program with presenters Jana Julie Kilka and Thore Schölermann on August 29.

The documentary is a road trip through the life of the biggest pop star all times.
In “We Love: Michael Jackson” (Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 8:15 pm), Jana Julie Kilka and Thore Schölermann will visit iconic places where the King of Pop lived, recorded music, made music videos and even pay a visit to Bubble!

38440004_10155825471632725_9072723048175501312_n.png

The first one is on for 4 and a half hours?!

BRAND NEW VIDEO from new French documentary on TMC:

HERE IS THE DOWNLOAD LINK for an hour long doc

Last edited:
I pondered back and forth for a while, not being able to decide to watch it or not. Actually, I´m glad I gave it a try – and stuck with it.

The special was much better than I had expected. Michael was shown in an overall positive and human light, especially compared to most other tv specials I know. They focused on his artistry and upbringing a lot, which surprised me. People like LaVelle Smith, Michael`s mother, Jermaine and many other Germans that knew him or value him as an artist praised his unbelievable multi-facetted talent, his genius, his voice-of-a-century, and his impact on the whole music industry and music as an artform.

There was a genuine effort to describe in detail Michael´s devastating scalp burn-injury and the evolving problems. This injury was described as life changing and the beginning of Michael´s troubles with painkillers.

There was not very much coverage of the 1993 and 2003 allegations!

Downside - Some ugly bits

Both, Matt Fiddes and Mark Lester were given a lot of time to speak (without saying really much lol). They both stated to have donated sperm because Michael asked them to. He supposedly wanted to create perfect children. And Michael supposedly chose Fiddes for his athletic body and Lester for his exceptional acting talent. Lester claimed that also Macauley Culkin (wtf?) and some other men donated sperm. So neither Lester nor Fiddes really know who the father of Paris and Prince is. Lester, at least, claimed it could be Michael himself also. lol

When asked about Michael´s sexuality, Lester said „asexual“, as did some others. BUT there were a lot of other people talking about Michael being totally heterosexual and flirting, (the „I´ll give you more than a hug“-incident was mentioned lol).

Then, a plastic surgeon looked at pictures of Michael´s face and – we have seen this many times before – gave her „expertise“ as to what Michael had done: besides (the obvious and probably reconstructive) nose jobs, she claimed he had cheek and chin implants. The hell? Her judgement: Michael looked like a comic character. It was really humiliating and irritating to watch.

Something I really missed in this documentary was mention of Michael´s immense humanitarian efforts.

Dieter Wiesner was the main testimonial in this special. He came across as likeable and humble. But he claimed to have been Michael´s closest friend and business partner for 10 years. Wiesner also said Michael employed him but did not actually give him a specific task or job. Asked questions about Michael´s sexuality or other personal issues, Wiesner mostly said that this was strictly confidential, he would not talk about what Michael had confided to him in private. (I´m aware of the fact that this could be Wiesner`s tactics to make himself more important and interesting)

Overall, this documentary was certainly one of the best I have yet seen. The effort to genuinely understand and treasure Michael was obvious.

I have to say after watching the replay on Vox today that I really disagree with the two preposts.
Maybe it's because Michael Jackson fans' expectations regarding good documentaries are so low that they except as the main characters in a documentary disturbing persons like Wiesner, Fiddes and Lester. Even though the 3 did not tell all a way trash, they are all ineffective as fact-holders about Michael. Also the main focus of the documentary was Michael's private life and not Michael as an artist. And even when the artist did play the focus then only at the surface.
Main topics and recurring were: plast. surgery, his difficulties with women and the question if he was a-sexual, the procreation of his children, his strange behavior (to the point Michael has got the media machine rolling ergo it is his own fault about the coverage).
Wiesner really acts as if he was involved in everything that happened to Michael in the last 10 years and is just as involved in the life of Michael's children now. Of course, he also experienced the suicide attempt of Paris firsthand.
Really bad, the Wiesner in his role even seems credible supporting with pictures with Joe, Kathrine and with Prince at the Bambi event, ergo it is true he is in contact with Michael's children.
Vox had shown a 4 hour special to Bad 25. That was one of the best documentaries I have ever seen. But this documentation I will not seen twice.

Last edited:
I watched it, too.

In parts I agree with moonstruck (about Wiesener and the other Germans) and Annita (about the focus of the main topics). The well known shady characters Fiddes, Lester were unbearable.

Other than announced there were no unknown pictures. Very weak were the discrepancies between the voice over, maybe leading to false conclusions: voice speaks about HIStory-tour, pictures show Dangerous-tour; voice speaks about the end of the trial in 2005, pictures show the first date of the trial, not the exhausted man, now just a shadow of himself; the timeline for the Marvel-project was wrong.

As in his book, Wiesner told us, that Michael wanted to end his music career to fulfill his dreams making films... Michael told us in 2009, March 5, that TII will be the Final Curtain. Since day 1 I believe, that these words and hints are the tracks to the answer, why MJ was murdered.

as well as GALILEO on Pro7, some documentary or report about MJ

Last edited:
I just saw the special on Pro Sieben "We love Michael Jackson". It was really good and entertaining and they did justice to the title. There was only one dropout with the report of a protetic nose and his surgery. But I'm really looking over it now because everything else was really well done and worlds better than the Vox docu on Saturday. Now Pro Sieben is showing TII.

Hallo Annita I think the same. I liked it very much, but Avram and the nose thing killed it.
I was at thr pro7 site and most people saying that the vox doku was way better. I really don`t understand it.

looks like there is DWT footage from premiere show, i saw some seconds of Smooth Criminal for sure

*The Jury Speaks- Michael Jackson will be shown on SLICE this Friday (February 8th) at 3:00pm (EST) and repeat at 2:00am (EST) in Canada

*Michael Jackson: The Life Of An Icon will be shown on A&E Monday (February 11th) at 8:00pm (EST) and repeat at 12:00am (EST)

Not sure if this is the right thread as it's not a TV show but a radio show that will air on Radio Solent Saturday 9th at 11.04 UK Time.

Article from BBC

Forty years ago, two of music's biggest stars walked into BBC Radio 1 and sat down to review the week's new releases.

Michael Jackson and George Harrison spent the next 90 minutes discussing singles by Foreigner, Nicolette Larson and The Blues Brothers, as well as the stories behind their own songs.

The BBC discarded the show, keeping only a short clip. But now a rare recording has been found and restored.

Excerpts will be broadcast in a special documentary this weekend.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-47160940

Back