New MJ content (Possibility)

It really is a long time since last post.

Maybe it's calm before the storm. Otherwise it was all just a hoax and nothing was ever in the works...

I hope we will get a new tweet soon. - It kept the exitement up for a while. - It was great - since LN - suddenly to have something good to look forward to regarding MJ.

Yeah - I think many things might look a lot brighter and more positive after Monday, 26th.

I hope the case is dismissed and the media picks it up and writes about those 2 frauds.

And then focus needs to be put back on the music and the magic. - Hopefully this is the last time some frauds try to milk the MJ name for money...

Yeah - I think many things might look a lot brighter and more positive after Monday, 26th.

I hope the case is dismissed and the media picks it up and writes about those 2 frauds.

And then focus needs to be put back on the music and the magic. - Hopefully this is the last time some frauds try to milk the MJ name for money...

It would be unfathomable not to expect something from this year after two projects were cancelled in 2019 and 2020 and looking at what Branca said a couple of months back. I can't wait until the case is officially dismissed, it's just a shame Michael passed thinking he was a real friend...

Wondering if there's more than just the digital deluxe reissues coming on the Jacksons side.

It would be unfathomable not to expect something from this year after two projects were cancelled in 2019 and 2020 and looking at what Branca said a couple of months back. I can't wait until the case is officially dismissed, it's just a shame Michael passed thinking he was a real friend...

I am quite confident we will get something this year, but I think it's a smart move from The Estate to get this stupid case out of the world first.

I do think they have some projects more or less ready to go. - So hopefully we are in for a treat after some hard years as MJ fans.

The Estate is definitely doing the right thing putting everything on hold temporarily. One lawsuit is one thing, but in 2019-20 they were battling three at once (HBO, Robson, and Safechuck). Even though the legal team is a separate faction, it’s absolutely for the best that they put ALL their time and resources into the fight, and they’ve done a phenomenal job in that respect. As soon as Robson gets kicked to the curb and HBO is the last man standing, hopefully we’ll get something great.

Agreed. After the 26th I can see work starting up again on something, be it a 4k remaster of some music videos or even a new single/EP.

I am quite confident we will get something this year, but I think it's a smart move from The Estate to get this stupid case out of the world first.

I do think they have some projects more or less ready to go. - So hopefully we are in for a treat after some hard years as MJ fans.

Also agree. This is pure speculation but since "Hot Fun In The Summertime" was already remixed for Xscape I am fairly certain that we will be getting that song released at some point.

It's not overly important but I'd love new certifications for the first time in 3/4 years.

Agreed the focus defo needs to be back on the music but these frauds are not going to go away sadly. Dan Reed is obsessed. He is working with Channel 4 here in the UK to make LN2. We just have to hope for more rebuttal docs come to deal with the nonsense.

Agreed the focus defo needs to be back on the music but these frauds are not going to go away sadly. Dan Reed is obsessed. He is working with Channel 4 here in the UK to make LN2. We just have to hope for more rebuttal docs come to deal with the nonsense.

Unfortunately, since part 2 will happen it will take even longer to get back to the music smdh.

Is there a finished script for LN2?

Who knows but it's going to be about the aftermath apparently. Probably blaming the fans & the estate etc. Larry Nimmer & Jin Chohan have been filming in court though so we can expect a good rebuttal doc to come.
Is there a finished script for LN2?

Man.. I can't even imagine MJ singing Hot Fun In The Summertime. Going to be mind blowing, really I mean, It's really a song unlike any song MJ ever released or that we have heard

Man.. I can't even imagine MJ singing Hot Fun In The Summertime. Going to be mind blowing, really I mean, It's really a song unlike any song MJ ever released or that we have heard

I thought the exact same thing when I heard there was an MJ cover of it. I just can't picture Mike singing it at all, hopefully we hear it one day. It'll be interesting to hear MJ's vocals because it was recorded in 1985 I think?

I thought the exact same thing when I heard there was an MJ cover of it. I just can't picture Mike singing it at all, hopefully we hear it one day. It'll be interesting to hear MJ's vocals because it was recorded in 1985 I think?
Not sure of the exact year of the recording. I can never be sure anymore. MJ re-worked and even re-recorded so many older songs it seems.

The song was suppose to be released on Xscape, but it was not completed on time according to L.A. Reid. Can't believe we missed it because of that!

I would be much more excited if it wasn’t just MJ on the chorus. I’ll still give it a listen, but since 2/3 of the track are gonna be occupied by D’Angelo and Mary J. Blige, I’m not all that disappointed that it wasn’t released.

AlwaysThere;4321365 said:
I would be much more excited if it wasn’t just MJ on the chorus. I’ll still give it a listen, but since 2/3 of the track are gonna be occupied by D’Angelo and Mary J. Blige, I’m not all that disappointed that it wasn’t released.
A fan called Casey Rain has heard the track and praised it a lot.

"It’s hard for me to say this without it sounding like some kind of humblebrag. That’s not my intent, but in 2019, I was fortunate enough to hear an unreleased Michael Jackson song that most haven’t heard. It’s his cover of “Hot Fun In The Summer Time” by Sly and The Family Stone which was re-worked for the “Xscape” album with ?uestlove, D’Angelo, Eric Leeds, Pino Palladino, Jesse Johnson and Mary J Blige. It’s unclear why it didn’t make the album — LA Reid told me at the time that it wasn’t finished, but I can say that what I heard sounded finished to me. And it sounded absolutely breathtaking. I can’t go into details about how this occurred — but the track isn’t leaked nor bootlegged in any form, so leave it up to your imagination."

https://thevioletreality.com/its-ti...ichael-jackson-album-we-all-need-67b4b4be246e

I wonder... if there may exist a version with more than just MJ over the chorus.

AlwaysThere;4321365 said:

Yeah, personally if a song needs other people's vocals on it for the estate to consider it releasable I'd rather they just release the demo on some type of compilation.

Last edited:
Pentum;4321379 said:
A fan called Casey Rain has heard the track and praised it a lot.

"It’s hard for me to say this without it sounding like some kind of humblebrag. That’s not my intent, but in 2019, I was fortunate enough to hear an unreleased Michael Jackson song that most haven’t heard. It’s his cover of “Hot Fun In The Summer Time” by Sly and The Family Stone which was re-worked for the “Xscape” album with ?uestlove, D’Angelo, Eric Leeds, Pino Palladino, Jesse Johnson and Mary J Blige. It’s unclear why it didn’t make the album — LA Reid told me at the time that it wasn’t finished, but I can say that what I heard sounded finished to me. And it sounded absolutely breathtaking. I can’t go into details about how this occurred — but the track isn’t leaked nor bootlegged in any form, so leave it up to your imagination."

https://thevioletreality.com/its-ti...ichael-jackson-album-we-all-need-67b4b4be246e

I wonder... if there may exist a version with more than just MJ over the chorus.

I read this and was interested, but I believe it was Michael Prince who said that Michael only ever sang the chorus on it.

This situation also highlights the weird back-and-forth attitude fans have towards remixes. People were very up in arms over the Xscape album and its handling of Michael's music (and rightfully so), but suddenly they're excited for "Hot Fun in the Summertime," which was not only re-produced by someone who never met Michael (D'Angelo), but of which his vocals only comprise 33%...? It's just weird.

AlwaysThere;4321385 said:
I read this and was interested, but I believe it was Michael Prince who said that Michael only ever sang the chorus on it.

This situation also highlights the weird back-and-forth attitude fans have towards remixes. People were very up in arms over the Xscape album and its handling of Michael's music (and rightfully so), but suddenly they're excited for "Hot Fun in the Summertime," which was not only re-produced by someone who never met Michael (D'Angelo), but of which his vocals only comprise 33%...? It's just weird.

Agree - seems like there’s no set stance on the topic. Just whichever way the wind blows on a particular day lol.

AlwaysThere;4321385 said:

dam2040;4321386 said:
Agree - seems like there’s no set stance on the topic. Just whichever way the wind blows on a particular day lol.

Personally, the remixes that appeared on Michael or Xscape have never left a bad taste in my mouth like they seem to have with other fans. I think they were done tastefully and with respect to Michael's style. They all stayed fairly in bounds within the R&B and Pop genres, and that's fine by me.

As to why people may be hyping up "Hot Fun In The Summertime", I think it stems from two things: 1) it was being worked on for Xscape and only didn't make the album because it wasn't quite finished, and 2) "Hot Fun In The Summertime" is a psychedelic sort of track and MJ hardly delved into that genre at all, so it would be really interesting to hear for many.

Personally I doubt that MJ only sings the chorus on it since there's no other instance (that we know of) of producers on either Michael or Xscape even bothering with a track that is vocally incomplete. The closest to that sort of thing happening that I can think of is the third verse of "Best of Joy" being cut (even though that verse was recorded) and the ending of verse 2 on "Hollywood Tonight" being changed (even though again, that was recorded). This doesn't mean the song is in a releasable state by MJ's standards, but that is kind of a given with the Vault at this point.

Not sure of the exact year of the recording. I can never be sure anymore. MJ re-worked and even re-recorded so many older songs it seems.

The song was suppose to be released on Xscape, but it was not completed on time according to L.A. Reid. Can't believe we missed it because of that!

That sounds cool, I'm not certain I'm sure I read it somewhere being from 85.
I'm not super excited for the track honestly, as much as I'm excited for new MJ music in general, I'd be much accepting of this than that Drake feature a few years back though. I would prefer it was just a solo Mike demo, but I'll take anything at this point haha

now since the case is over, i hope we will able to get new things now. i'm not gonna get my hopes up. but i hope so.

anyone thinks the estate is going to stop whatever plans they had again for LN2?

Back