Why didn't Michael include ABC as part of J5 Medley on his tours?

I love the song "ABC" but I have to agree that MJ would probably feel a little silly being in his 30's and 40's singing "ABC". The tune to "ABC" is actually on one of my God-nephew's old baby toys.

I think of the song "ABC" as a early version of a song that they would sing on the Disney Channel.

i can't stand she's out of life. yeah the fangirls but i honestly dislike this song and can see why others do too. i'm a female and i dislike she out of my like. maybe because i see michael as a human not someone who just wanna though myself at. i don't see michael that way so maybe that's why i dislike it. to be real i don't like his love songs very much. i like some but not all. this make me very different from alot females in the fan community. that's probably why i don't get along with much.

Imagine such a conversation with his brothers during Victory tour rehearsals :D

Michael: "There'll be some stairs here, so I can hug a couple of girls"
Jermaine: "Michael, will the girls come backstage afterwards?"

Or he could have included some of the Jacksons songs such as Can You Feel It, Lovely One etc. Instead, he performed the same boring medley for all of his solo tours.

He sang Lovely One on the BAD Tour. In any case, the medley wasn't boring - it was always a popular part of MJ's concerts - and it was enjoyed very much by the fans. Artists often continue to perform the first song (s) that shot them to stardom decades into their careers, because the audience expects them to.

There were also Things I Do For You and Shake Your Body in the Bad Tour, but nothing from the Jacksons starting from DWT.
(Edit: And This Place Hotel.)

I always wondered why Mike got rid of DSTYGE after Triumph tour. (I do not count the otw medley on hwt). Was the reason for this really his mother, Katherine?

I always wondered why Mike got rid of DSTYGE after Triumph tour. (I do not count the otw medley on hwt). Was the reason for this really his mother, Katherine?

It's strange because that song was Michael's first major hit as an adult solo artist, so you'd think it would have shown up a little more often than it did. Maybe he couldn't find anywhere to put it in the setlists or maybe he didn't like how it sounded live.

He sang Lovely One on the BAD Tour. In any case, the medley wasn't boring - it was always a popular part of MJ's concerts - and it was enjoyed very much by the fans. Artists often continue to perform the first song (s) that shot them to stardom decades into their careers, because the audience expects them to.

Yes, but Lovely One was only included on the first leg of the Bad Tour, which was essentially a copy and paste of the Victory Tour. Michael did the same 3 songs during the J5 medley for all his tours and that was boring, in my opinion. Why not change it up and perform other popular early J5 songs like Dancing Machine, Never Can Say Goodbye, Who's Loving You?

I think the fact that MJ performed the same 3 songs as a part of J5 medley is yet again another example of him being quite lazy and complacent with his set lists.

Yes, but Lovely One was only included on the first leg of the Bad Tour, which was essentially a copy and paste of the Victory Tour. Michael did the same 3 songs during the J5 medley for all his tours and that was boring, in my opinion. Why not change it up and perform other popular early J5 songs like Dancing Machine, Never Can Say Goodbye, Who's Loving You?

I think the fact that MJ performed the same 3 songs as a part of J5 medley is yet again another example of him being quite lazy and complacent with his set lists.

Most of all I would like One day in your life.

Ive always wanted him to redo who's lovin you as an adult!

Most of all I would like One day in your life.

Same. MJ's performance of ODIYL in Mexico 75 features some of his best vocal performance of his career.

Ive always wanted him to redo who's lovin you as an adult!

I don't think Michael performed Who's loving You after he hit puberty and his voice changed. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I think it's probably because it was hard for him to sing in falsetto on stage, which is why he dropped DSTYGE.

Couldn't agree more with this. I wish he changed up his setlists and performances a bit more, for instance he performed WDAN the same way on VT, BWT and DWT with minor changes in the instrumentation, or WBSS that he intended to perform it in 2009 the same way he performed it in all of his former tours since VT, and the list could go on. I understand that his coreographies were iconic but there's always room for reinventing things without losing their original magic you know. Madonna is an example of that, each of her tours brings a different experience to the public with a lot of reinvented performances and yet the GP loves seeing her live (not taking into consideration controversies regarding lateness).

I wish he changed up his setlists and performances a bit more, for instance he performed WDAN the same way on VT, BWT and DWT with minor changes in the instrumentation, or WBSS that he intended to perform it in 2009 the same way he performed it in all of his former tours since VT, and the list could go on. I understand that his coreographies were iconic but there's always room for reinventing things without losing their original magic you know.

The only exception MJ did was his 2001 performance of Beat It. Black jacket instead of the iconic red one, as well as an alteration of the choreography.

don't stop til you get enough is a great party song but it being on stage in my opinion doesn't work.

don't forget the the other beat it jacket during the dangerous and history tours. he also had black and white one around the early- mid 80's

Back