Where Is The Promo?!?

I have not seen any advertisements in the weekly Target, Walmart, Best Buy, etc. for Vision, the album, or the game. Normally, each of these lists what will be released on Tuesday of the current week. Last week, there was nothing about Vision or the game. I wouldn't expect to see the album yet, but I would think Sony would have notified them of the game and DVD collection.
HELLO! SONY? ARE YOU THERE? Wake up! Not everyone watches Oprah!

If we keep comparing the promotion of this album to the HIStory campaign, we will feel the promotion is inadequate. The fact is no artist, living or dead, can commend the scale of promotion Michael Jackson had in the 80's and 90's.

How about comparing the promotion of this album to other current releases? In the US, I hardly see any TV ad for any other album release. Actually, I don't remember when was the last time I saw an ad for an album. Promotions rely heavily on the artist's show appearance, the artist's tweets and facebook updates. I guess that is part of the reason why Taylor Swift and Justin Bieber are so popular. Both of them have strong young fanbase.

Don't get me wrong. MJ has a large fanbase as well. I guess Sony needs to raise the general public's awareness of this album. The Oprah show, no matter how I feel about her, is a good promo.

Are you serious? Over here, there are so, so SO many TV ads for albums; especially now with the lead up to Christmas. Every big artist has a TV commercial for their album, its still one of the biggest ways to advertise it.

I finally saw The Experience advert of TV yesterday, it was on during X Factor, so they couldn't have got a better time to show it... :D

Are you serious? Over here, there are so, so SO many TV ads for albums; especially now with the lead up to Christmas. Every big artist has a TV commercial for their album, its still one of the biggest ways to advertise it.

I finally saw The Experience advert of TV yesterday, it was on during X Factor, so they couldn't have got a better time to show it... :D

I wish that was the case over here.....In Canada, at least, it's not usual to see commercials on TV for albums...I haven't seen that in YEARS...I don't even remember seeing commercials for the HIStory album back in the day...

I hunted for 'Vision' in my local HMV and after walking around the store 3 times eventually found it at the back of the store.

They hadn't put it at the front of the store near all the other releases, which is what I would have expected.

It's still not stocked at any of the 3 supermarkets near me.

One new music DVD I have seen in pride of place at all these places is the Cliff Richard one.

Why are shops not displaying or promoting the new MJ product but are happy to push the CR product??

This is the first look at the behind the scenes of Michael Jackson’s new video Hold My Hand.

holdmyhand.png

http://www.tmz.com/videos?autoplay=...f-d335-4841-b328-0ab145590e7b&isShareURL=true

I finally saw the Wii ad tonight on Channel 4 (UK). Have heard HMH once on German radio, but then I hardly ever listen to the radio, so don't know how often they actually play it. But that's it so far...

The game has had a lot of promotion in the UK, the album has a lot of posters up in the Tube which obv gains maximum exposure. TV ads will follow but Vision had relativly nothing. I went into HMV and it was at the back of the store.

Most albums don't get TV ads until the days leading upto to it's release. For example the new BEP album has been advertised tonight as 'release tomorrow'.

The game has had a lot of promotion in the UK, the album has a lot of posters up in the Tube which obv gains maximum exposure. TV ads will follow but Vision had relativly nothing. I went into HMV and it was at the back of the store.

Maximum exposure for the London area...

At my local HMV the first thing you see when you walk in is a poster promoting "The Experience" and copies available. Right off to to the left, at the front of the store, 2nd shelf down under new releases, at the desirable eye level was copies of "Vision". So both right out there for all to see and all to easily pick up for Christmas, so I was glad about that.

I have not seen any commercials for Vision, or the Album, but numerous ones for the game. I watched a show last night and throughout the hour, at every commerical break, was a commercial promoting the game. And friends have commented that they have all seen numerous commericals regarding "The Experience". Sadly though nothing re "Vision" or "Michael".

I really hope things pick up and word gets out more about the album, especially because unfortunately many don't know anything about the new album. Please Oprah be positive is my hope. As much as I have lost all respect for her; a big push, and some postitivity for a change, would go a long way for promotion.

^ I saw that at my local HMV store as well. Both VISION and EXPERIENCE promoted right at the front of the store. I was happy to see that :)

Sony needs to promote MICHAEL and HMH as well

btw HMH went down to #45 on US itunes

I posted this in another thread as well.

Hold My Hand is now available and promoted on SPOTIFY as well. Hopefully ppl will click on the song, like it and buy it on I-tunes :) Ps, look at the cool background of the album 'Michael'! Yay, hopefully we will see more and more promotion.

spotifymj.png

I haven't seen ads for anything besides The Experience. I tried to buy Vision yesterday at my local Target, and i didn't see it. I asked the people at the electronics desk if they had it in stock and they didn't know what i was talking about . . . so uh. not good.

After almost 2 weeks, Sony finally finds the time to get HMH back on as the main video on the michaeljackson youtube channel. Hopefully, they'll remember to promote the song on radio, too.

Promotion? I think they will not do heavy promotion, what for actually? The fans are debating, the fans doubt, slunder the album, many fans won't even buy it! We don't deserve a promotion because we are the ones that find a fault in everything MJ related! Instead of being united and supporting we argue each other...it's not worth it!

Promotion? I think they will not do heavy promotion, what for actually? The fans are debating, the fans doubt, slunder the album, many fans won't even buy it! We don't deserve a promotion because we are the ones that find a fault in everything MJ related! Instead of being united and supporting we argue each other...it's not worth it!

This is what I have said previously.

Perhaps Sony have taken a long hard look at some MJ 'fans' comments and reactions and said "why bother putting any more money into this project?".

Perhaps they will just let the album sell with airplay of 'HMH', a few posters here and there, and some 'in-store' promotion on the day of release.

Who can blame them really? If only they knew there were a lot of genuine fans, like us, excited about the album release. But we just get drowned out in all the 'hot-air' from people with nothing better to do than carry out ill-informed 'crusades' based on 'speculation' and 'innuendo'.

Sad times for MJ indeed - stabbed in the back by his own 'fans', and handed over to the gutter press/media for them to devour. Who would have thought it eh? (frown)

Perhaps Sony have taken a long hard look at some MJ 'fans' comments and reactions and said "why bother putting any more money into this project?".

Perhaps they will just let the album sell with airplay of 'HMH', a few posters here and there, and some 'in-store' promotion on the day of release.

Who can blame them really? If only they knew there were a lot of genuine fans, like us, excited about the album release. But we just get drowned out in all the 'hot-air' from people with nothing better to do than carry out ill-informed 'crusades' based on 'speculation' and 'innuendo'.

Sad times for MJ indeed - stabbed in the back by his own 'fans', and handed over to the gutter press/media for them to devour. Who would have thought it eh? (frown)

Ha ha, me I think that Sony hasu nderstood that Mj has genuine fans, who can recognise his voice and who won't let Sony tell that Mj sings in a fake songs when it isn't him.

Everything you feel about fans who question certain tracks are how some fans feel about the inclusion of said tracks on the album.

Guys, please keep all hoax related videos/pics/posts whatever in the conspiracy forum. Thankyou.

Everything you feel about fans who question certain tracks are how some fans feel about the inclusion of said tracks on the album.

I see no 'crusades', placards, and 'bullying' from people who intend to buy the album. I see plenty from those who don't intend on buying it.

If these 'doubters' are so convince of their position, why do they feel the need to force others into not buying it? Is their conviction not enough? I think not.

Some people hear MJ in all of the tracks of the album, at least to some extent, and they are happy to buy it. Whty should they not be able to buy it and be happy without all of the rhetoric and inflamatory attitudes of those that want to obstain?

Perhaps it is the way of all 'cults' and 'cultish' people? Deep down they know they are in the minority, are 'in the wrong', and they are unhappy about it.

I think the 'protesters' protest too much! (wink).

I believe Sony and the Estate may spend a little down to browse fan forums. I highly doubt they'd study our posts or base their marketing campaign on our reactions. If that's the case, Breaking News should have been removed from the tracklist already. Sony is not a fan club. Sony aims at the public.

Fans of Michael don't need to like everything that bears his name. Musical taste is very subjective. Not everyone likes Invincible. Not everyone likes BOTDF. I heard people who dislike Beat It and Bad.

No one is stabbing Michael's back here. We can share a common love and have different opinons the same time. Will you blame owners of Toyota for their dissatisfaction? Why blame fans when they are not the one who is doing Michael a disservice? If this album doesn't do well, the people behind this project are the one to blame. They are the one who included weak songs in the tracklist. They are the one who put together the Breaking News on-line promo fiasco.

Seriously, some concerns raised by fans here are reasonable and legit. While maintaining a positive attitude is good, we don't need to be too patronizing and blindly accept what is being offered to us.

I see no 'crusades', placards, and 'bullying' from people who intend to buy the album. I see plenty from those who don't intend on buying it.

If these 'doubters' are so convince of their position, why do they feel the need to force others into not buying it? Is their conviction not enough? I think not.

Some people hear MJ in all of the tracks of the album, at least to some extent, and they are happy to buy it. Whty should they not be able to buy it and be happy without all of the rhetoric and inflamatory attitudes of those that want to obstain?

Perhaps it is the way of all 'cults' and 'cultish' people? Deep down they know they are in the minority, are 'in the wrong', and they are unhappy about it.

I think the 'protesters' protest too much! (wink).

People who want to buy the album should do so and enjoy it. People who don't shouldn't have their fanship questioned as you did in your previous post. You're adding the very thing you claim to be against.

I don't believe some of the tracks are authentic. I could be wrong and I could be right. I won't purchase the album as a whole. However, I can understand why people think they are legit, and they may be right, and they should buy the album.

Anyone on either side of the discussion need to take a chill pill and learn to understand what a difference in opinion is.

Back