The ‘YAY I JUST HEARD MICHAEL ON THE RADIO’ Thread

Just heard beat it on greatest hits uk about half hour ago...

It was 80s week last week and heard the following

Billie Jean 4 times
thriller
Lovely one
Wanna be starting something
human nature
PYT
and the non MJ involved time out for the burglar

and just an hour ago I heard can you feel it

I've never in my life heard this on any radio station. The R&B station used to play album tracks like The Hurt, She, & One More Chance.

I was very surprised myself, I was equally surprised when they played "lovely one" both songs weren't even big hits where I'm from. but like I said it was 80s week

Smooth criminal

Some police officer asked for it to be played. After the song finished the DJ said it was a fantastic song and that she got a text message from the police stating that all the colleagues were dancing at their desks.

Smooth criminal

Some police officer asked for it to be played. After the song finished the DJ said it was a fantastic song and that she got a text message from the police stating that all the colleagues were dancing at their desks.

:laughing: :heart:

A market I like to go to was playing Butterflies a few days ago! I told one of the staff members - great playlist! - and he said that yeah, one of the owners made it. She must be a big MJ fan!

day before yesterday: human nature
yesterday: rock with you
today: beat it

It's all cool but I'd want the radio programmers to throw in the odd post black or white song too every now and then. I can't remember the last time I heard give in to me or who is it on the radio.

I agree. I wish they play more of Michael songs then the same ones. I guess you have to call them in to do so.

today: bad

The presenter said" we know MJ had a bad side and he knew because he sang about it".
Apparently the guy doesn't realize that bad in this context is used as slang. Oh well.

today: bad

The presenter said" we know MJ had a bad side and he knew because he sang about it".
Apparently the guy doesn't realize that bad in this context is used as slang. Oh well.

Hahahahaha! he must not be a fan or he probably wasn't around when that slang was popular depends on his age etc. either that he was probably was joking.

Ok, so it wasn't on the radio, it was on tv. I really gotta appreciate a couple of local music stations. They always play Michael, but today they've outdone themselves by playin' in just a few hours everything from Remember the time and Will you be there (the movie version) to Love never felt so good, You are not alone and Earth Song.

I hear him daily now on the countries biggest station, they have about 30% of the market share. It's never something from the 90s though

Last 8 songs I heard were rock with you, wanna be starting something, thriller, say say say, beat it, bad, smooth criminal, can you feel it.

Janet Jackson whoops now, all for you

Last edited:
I hear Wanna be starting something everyday at work. Seem like the radio station doesnt know about the other music he has

finally it has happened they played a 90s song "remember the time"
I also heard TWYMMF the day before and PYT the day before that.

They play Michael’s songs on the radio at the biggest radio station here ALL the time. 👍🏻😍 I’ve heard these several times on the radio:

-They Don’t Care About Us (even BEFORE the protests!)
-Dirty Diana
-Smooth Criminal
-Billie Jean
-Beat It
-We Are The World
-Thriller
-Earth Song
-Bad
-Black or White
-The WayYou Make Me Feel
-Man In The Mirror
-I Just Can’t Stop Loving You
-Jam
-In The Closet

summer;4295139 said:
They play Michael’s songs on the radio at the biggest radio station here ALL the time. ������ I’ve heard these several times on the radio:

-They Don’t Care About Us (even BEFORE the protests!)
-Dirty Diana
-Smooth Criminal
-Billie Jean
-Beat It
-We Are The World
-Thriller
-Earth Song
-Bad
-Black or White
-The WayYou Make Me Feel
-Man In The Mirror
-I Just Can’t Stop Loving You
-Jam
-In The Closet

delighted to see jam and in the closet there

Today I heard possibly the greatest song ever recorded on the radio "shake your body down to the ground"

I did a quick search for radio stations in Belgium. I found statistics of the last 7 days. On the 25th of June in remembrance of the late great Michael Jackson. Radiostations in Belgium played MJ 10 times. Normal days they play him 4 to 5 times a day.

These songs were played the 25th: one day in your life, blame it on the boogie, leave me alone , bad (twice) , smooth criminal, Don't stop till you get enough (twice), they don't care about us (twice)

Total plays last 7 days: 42 times
Most played songs:

I want you back , blame it on the boogie: 4 times
They don't care about us, don't stop till you get enough, bad, wanna be starting something : 3 times

Rarest tracks played during last 7 days: people make the world go round, lovely one (twice), farewell my summer love (twice).
Surprising fact: thriller and billie jean were played just once the past week and beat it not a single time

Last edited:
Songs played today Saturday 4th July 2020

ABC
Show You The Way To Go
Lovely One
They Don't Care About Us
Love Never Felt So Good
Beat It

I've been comparing his daily plays on Belgian radio with contemporaries like David Bowie, Bruce Springsteen, Madonna, Prince and Queen
and Michael receives slightly more airplay than all of those artists usually but it's very close. His airplay is on average 6 times higher than the likes of Elvis Presley and The Beatles. I guess at least where I'm from the LN effect is over.

boom99.7FM - Ottawa, Ontario, Canada plays Michael Jackson everyday!

Rock With You, Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough, Wanna Be Startin' Something, Beat It, Billie Jean, Thriller, Human Nature, Bad, The Way You Make Me Feel, Smooth Criminal, Man In The Mirror, Black Or White, Remember The Time

https://boom997.com

https://boom997.com/player/

101.5 Lite FM Miami/Fort Lauderdale, Florida - Plays Michael Jackson

https://litemiami.radio.com/playlist

Last edited:
On the anniversary of his death, The Beat 104.1 played non-stop Michael for over 2 hours - including songs from Invincible!!!

Back