Did anyone else think that Prince seemed angry?

I don't understand it.

WHY would ANYONE doubt that a little boy losing his father WOULDN'T be in pain? :blink:

I don't get why this question has been even raised... Stop it!

I agree, this is ridiculous and extremely disrespectful. My god, the boy is only 12. We need to stop this line of thinking.

I don't think Prince seemed angry at all, just a bit bored and non-emotional, but I believe he was just trying to put on a brave front. He is older now and that's how a lot of boys are at that age, they don't want to show emotion no matter what, especially not in front of others but I know he's hurting. Everyone just shows emotion differently.

Well I've already taken back what I've seen in my first post. When you watch the memorial in better quality you can clearly see how upset he was and how he was trying to hide it.

Any one who is questioning that Prince is not
in deep pain and grieving for his Dad should be ashamed
for stating that - Unbelivable - shame on you :cry:

and stating he was disrespectful for chewing Gum
is horrible _ it probably was calmimg him _ his dad chewed
it all the time - as I think it also calmed him _ His father
just died and you are going to say he cant chew gum or do
whatever he needs to do to feel comfortable _ he was trying to
be Daddys big boy and strong for his brother and sister - he was
probably protective of them being he was the older brother_ plus
he is only 12 and doesnt know how to express his feelings _ he
was trying to be brave .. like a big boy - But inside you can be
sure that child is broken hearted ..

I dont understand anyone who would judge this boy
at a time like this - or anytime _ he is Michaels
beloved son _ you have me crying .. sheesh

That really pisses me off _ *&*&^$$%##@**&* :angry:
Oh and gum is very therapeutic :)

Last edited:
i'm trying very hard, but can't understand prince,
really sorry for this but i feel he was not saddened,
i don't want this to be so and it hurts me very much...
i don't know, i'm just trying to find something that can show me i'm wrong...
that i'm mistaken, i want with all my hurt to be mistaken
please help me see that prince was very sad for his deddy...

Ill help you _ I mean really help you

If you cant see that Prince was hurt or greiving
you need to look deep inside your own heart that you would judge
a child thats father just died in that manner and and not ask others
to make you see. You are speaking about Michaels son -

and you see what you want to see :(
becuase you are NOT looking or seeing with your heart
now I hope you learn and that helps you with your sight.

please.. don't be angry with me..
i'm not trying to judge Prince, really i'm not...
i would never say it in front of haters or other people,
i will protect him always from haters... i love this children like my brothers and sister...

but you are my family, i believed you would not understand it wrong from me...
you are the one i trust.. with all my heart...
maybe i'm foolish and idiot, this is the reason i couldn't see the little boy was in pain..
but it hurt me, and just wanted from my family to calm this pain..

please don't be rude to me.. i love you all my heart..
and if i said something wrong or stupid , forgive me..
i'm really very sorry..
i'm so lost....

Chill guys.

I could sit here and post caps of when he showed his sadness but of course I'm not going to do that.

Go watch the part when Usher hugs the family or when they're all on stage singing, everyone was swaying except for him. He was sad.

please.. don't be angry with me..
i'm not trying to judge Prince, really i'm not...
i would never say it in front of haters or other people,
i will protect him always from haters... i love this children like my brothers and sister...

but you are my family, i believed you would not understand it wrong from me...
you are the one i trust.. with all my heart...
maybe i'm foolish and idiot, this is the reason i couldn't see the little boy was in pain..
but it hurt me, and just wanted from my family to calm this pain..

please don't be rude to me.. i love you all my heart..
and if i said something wrong or stupid , forgive me..
i'm really very sorry..
i'm so lost....

Sometimes we want to see people react the way we expect them to - anything else does not make sense to us. I am guessing that you would have wanted to see him in tears, clinging to Katherine because, for you, that would signify how he really felt or how you expected him to feel.

Please believe that he did care, we are all unique and handle things differently. His public face was no reflection on how he felt inside.

I had to go into work the morning Michael died. I held myself together when I had to undertake something for a senior director - she had no clue as to how I was feeling. All the time I was desperately trying not to cry. When I was done I called my boss and broke down on the phone and told her I had to go home. I managed not to cry all the way home but it was hard. Anyone seeing me on the tube and really looking might have seen my eyes were red but would have no idea of how I really felt. of how my heart was broken, how many dreams of mine had died that morning when I heard the news.

i guess now, and i feel so sorry ,
i thought they all would be very sad and crying,
and when i saw them laughing sometimes, i lost my temper.
i know i was wrong, cause i laugh too, but it does not mean i feel no pain,
this pain is mine, and it hurts in me, in my heart,
i don't want to show it to people...
when i cry for michael, then i stay in my room for a while,
i don't want others to see my red and tearful eyes..

i feel so sorry, for what i have thought...
i'm so thoughtless...
forgive me Prince if you can....
i was very confused....
i love you all my heart...

Of corse Prince is sad! His dad just died. I went to a funeral when I was around his age.. and I remember feeling like the funeral was boring and unrelated to the person who had died, like it was just a formality that had to be done. I just wanted to get it over with and go home and be upset there, not have to be in public all dressed up and with people I hardly knew. Thats how I felt at around 12 yrs old.

from what we saw, and homie was going at that gum hard, he was doing it as a distraction. he was so out of it and not really in the moment. i don't think he could be b/c he had to be strong for his younger siblings. it shows a lot, he was very strong when, afterwards, the family went elsewhere....everyone was coming up to him shaking his hand, he was so mature and brave.

my hat goes off to him

I'm sure he is. Sad & angry just like anyone would be once their beloved father passed away. He's going through a mix of emotions & I hope the Jackson family gives him (& Paris & Blanket) the support he needs to work through it. They will. A very large family with lots of love to spare.

That was evident at the memorial. Even if some of the members had their differences in the end they came together as family.
John Lucas

Some of you have lost your @*^! minds. The kid lost his father---who just happened to be the most famous person on the planet. That's hard enough. Now bored fans with no life have now turned Dr. Phil on him?
The insinuation that the kid doesn't appear "sad" over Jackson's death is stupid because he wasn't hysterical like fans were prone to be over the years.

Back off him. You will never know what it's like to be Michael Jackson's children and you will never know how much they truly loved their father.

And to the wipes complaining about gum chewing, please be quiet. If popping gobs of gum helps him process his grief, give the kid the whole damn factory. Mercy over rules needs to show up at some point.

^5 but i don't think anyone was complaining about the gum chewing. i just noticed he was going at it hard. shaun was mad cuz i made him spit his out before we got inside. i think rather chew gum and be distracted then break down in front the of th world. he was very composed and showed that he is a true big brother

He seemed completely emotionless. The only part where I felt a little sadness from him was after Paris spoke and he put his hand on Janet.

Prince didn't seem angry, he seemed like he wasn't use to being in a situation where everything was all about his father. I think for the first time, the children saw how the worlds reaction was toward their father. I did notice when Usher went to Mrs. Jackson to give his condolences after he sang the song, he turn to shake Prince hand and Prince gave him a look as if to say "who are you". Prince did reach his hand out.

This might not be the right thread to ask, but it's the only Prince-related one and it's kinda been on my mind.

How is it that, up until de memorial, Prince had been very...blonde? :huh:
Not trying to imply anything here, and I know it's the least important thing right now, but I have to admit that, at first, I didn't even recognize him when I saw him among the family members. Didn't expect to see a dark brown-haired boy.

Just asking :mello:

yeah I dont think the blonde was natural, and if it was, hair can darken over time, i know some people born blonde who now have really dark hair, but it may have been bleached.

but he hasnt been blonde for quite a while now

^ Ok guys, thanks :)

I know that hair gets dark in time. I was born blonde as well, and am now dark brown, close to black. But my hair got darker when I was 3, lol.

Totally with you guys on the chewing gum thing. It's the first thing I noticed.

From rumors, he seems to be coping with the death. But people have to understand that his Dad got treated like Hell, and Prince is probably pissed like all us fans that it took his death for most people to treat him with a shred of decency.

And also, seeing as he's 12 and I have a 13 year old male cousin, he's right in that stage where he wants to look cool and pretend things don't get to him. My cousin used to hang off of me and now he won't even look at me. Ha-ha. I mean that in the best way though. This is a hard age (as is any) for a kid to lose his Dad

I think both Prince and Paris are very aware of how their daddy was treated, and in a situation like this, it is very common for kids to, instead of allowing the grief to fully enter their hearts, they focus on finding something or someone to blame. In this case, finding someone to blame is not very difficult. I have no problems imagining both Paris and Prince being extremely angry at the world right now. And while Paris dealt with it by stepping up and telling the world they are wrong, Prince seemed to keep his thoughts and feelings more to himself. But yes, him being angry is a likely scenario. I just hope they get the best help possible in dealing with all of this, because experience shows that no one can fully come to terms with and accept a loss if their focus is on being angry about it.

I just hope they get the best help possible in dealing with all of this, because experience shows that no one can fully come to terms with and accept a loss if their focus is on being angry about it.

Apparently the family have hired a grief counsellor to come in and speak with the kids for as long as they need and want.

La Toya supposedly said he cried his heart out at the hospital and hasn't since..he's trying to be the man of the group. To me he looked drained and a bit uncomfortable at the big commotion going on around him for HIS DADDY. It really is wrong to analyse him, his dad has died. Forget Michael Jackson the superstar. Its Michael Jackson the daddy.

Rockin I'm totally with you. I've been complaining to shut down Facebook fan sites for those kids, let alone not buying all the crap written about them. Michael wanted his kids protected, and we as fans need to do the same. I try not to involve myself in conversations on this board about them, though I understand some people need to talk about it. But for me, from a Michael stand point, we're not all perfect, but I really wish we could leave his kids alone.

This might not be the right thread to ask, but it's the only Prince-related one and it's kinda been on my mind.

Not trying to imply anything here, and I know it's the least important thing right now, but I have to admit that, at first, I didn't even recognize him when I saw him among the family members. Didn't expect to see a dark brown-haired boy.

This is nothing new. If you look at the pictures of Prince from 2006/07 onwards, his hair was already a brown-ish colour.

Apparently the family have hired a grief counsellor to come in and speak with the kids for as long as they need and want.

Thank you. That's very reassuring. My heart aches for these beautiful children. Feeling as down as we do ourselves, we can only imagine how they must be feeling.

His natural hair colour is dark brown. There were official pictures of him until he was about 10 months old.

Last edited:
Back