Hearts for Michael

Hi all,

Awwwwwww,this is such a' sweet idea!:wub::DAwwwwwwwwww he will be soooo LOVE it!:D:wub:
Well how about a' jpeg image to be printed out and pasted on a' cardboard hearted shape? I can make those images all set and ready in photoshop!:D:yes::wub:

After looking at products, heres my suggestion...

- Hearts made out of thin card (white or red, your preference)
- Someone (im mean you carol :p) make a heart outline / stencil for everyone to print off, meaning everyones hearts are the same shape and size (no cheating and making yours bigger lol!)
- Also someone (you again carol hehe) makes a stencil for either the mjjc logo or a message to go across the hearts (suggestions).
- We paint the hearts with red neon paint, and then stencil on the logo / message in another colour neon paint.
- We all hold them up during ballads as an alternative to candles!

And wallah! Glowing sea of hearts!! :):D:)

and for an example of glow in the dark paint... (although red in day and red in glow would be better...)

http://www.glowpaints.co.uk/paint-red-2.htm

Let me know if you like or if you have suggestions...

I really like this idea! So would we then literally hold them up by the bases? Cos we can't put them on sticks or anything cos they won't be allowed in.

Yea i guess we could make them the hearts with the tails if you know what i mean.

So what do you think bout my details?

Any suggestions on logo / message on the heart?

^^love it! :)
what about "We love you more" ?

and either have have it say first: WE and then the heart symbols LOVE anyway...
YOU MORE under "WE"

:)

After looking at products, heres my suggestion...

- Hearts made out of thin card (white or red, your preference)
- Someone (im mean you carol :p) make a heart outline / stencil for everyone to print off, meaning everyones hearts are the same shape and size (no cheating and making yours bigger lol!)
- Also someone (you again carol hehe) makes a stencil for either the mjjc logo or a message to go across the hearts (suggestions).
- We paint the hearts with red neon paint, and then stencil on the logo / message in another colour neon paint.
- We all hold them up during ballads as an alternative to candles!

And wallah! Glowing sea of hearts!! :):D:)

and for an example of glow in the dark paint... (although red in day and red in glow would be better...)

http://www.glowpaints.co.uk/paint-red-2.htm

Let me know if you like or if you have suggestions...

.........Oke,I can make those stencils/shapes already thos coming week!
Messages is the most suitible I think,its from ALL the fans!:D:yes::wub:

this is such a grreat idea!!!! im just so jealous i cant be apart of it you see because im going sept. 29th!! LOL maybe i can get with those people and we can come up with something!!!!

this is such a grreat idea!!!! im just so jealous i cant be apart of it you see because im going sept. 29th!! LOL maybe i can get with those people and we can come up with something!!!!

This can be done on any night! Once we've got all the details sorted, we can start spreading it round the other boards / facebook / twitter etc. Just at the mo it looks to be more successful opening night cos thats when the largest amount of people from this board are going.

Im gonna try and get off my butt this week and get some different paints to test. Cos I know some only have so long of a charge. Also still not been able to find a glow in the dark paint which is red / clear in light, and red glow in darkness. They are all white in light, red in dark, or clear in light, green in dark! so if anyone finds one let me know (ebay or an international seller if possible to make it easily accessable)

.........Oke,I can make those stencils/shapes already thos coming week!
Messages is the most suitible I think,its from ALL the fans!:D:yes::wub:

Cool. :) Anyone want to suggest some sizes? cos they have to be small enough to travel well (cos u cant really fold them like banners) but big enough to be visable and effective.

btw this is what i meant by a heart with a tail (just in case you cudn't understand my waffle! lol)

http://www.creativecirclecrafts.com/estore/productimages/17-LL425.jpg

And what type of heart do people prefer...

Simple
http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thu...ckphoto_5038611_spray_paint_heart_stencil.jpg

Kinda squashed :lol: (i know what i mean!)
http://z.about.com/d/diyfashion/1/0/2/L/-/-/stab_heart_stencil.jpg

Im gonna test out some sizes and post pics next week for ya (my mac is at the apple store at the mo, so im stuck on my parent pooey pc with not photoshop or printer :()

Last edited:
This can be done on any night! Once we've got all the details sorted, we can start spreading it round the other boards / facebook / twitter etc. Just at the mo it looks to be more successful opening night cos thats when the largest amount of people from this board are going.

Im gonna try and get off my butt this week and get some different paints to test. Cos I know some only have so long of a charge. Also still not been able to find a glow in the dark paint which is red / clear in light, and red glow in darkness. They are all white in light, red in dark, or clear in light, green in dark! so if anyone finds one let me know (ebay or an international seller if possible to make it easily accessable)

oh okay! this is so awesome!!! mj has the BEST fans!!!!

Well...instead of selling it and not every fans would buy. why not set the size and materials. than everyone can make their own heart shape?

Also no matter whereyou sit in the o2 , you would be able to see someone holding up a heart, so we can see eachother as well!!

I want to do it! Please pm me if you are going on the 28th of July so we can plan!

Can anyone fill me up with the details? Is anything official now and do we know what kind of material we are going to use and so on and on? Im sorry my computer is being an ass and mjcc takes hours to load, so I'm afraid I cannot really read the previous pages...

If you guys want I can post this idea on MJFC(im a member there too) so they could help us out with more ideas! :)

Only problem with not handing them out and people from here making them is that if you look at the whos going when thread, theres only around 40 people going to the opening night alone (most popular). 40 hearts arn't really gonna make an impact.

If we sort out some details, could this not be an idea which is passed on via the people running this site to AEG?

Someone else said that a load of Prince fans on one of the forums had organised every1 holding up purple glow sticks during purple rain at his gig, and when they got there, the o2 was handing them out! So how did this happen? If they can do that for prince, why can't we do hearts for michael?

The whole hearts thing sounds like an AMAZING idea:punk:! It will look beautiful! But did it git addresses how more ppl will git hearts, that is, was the above answered? Cause if like everyone at the concert had hearts and popped out with them during the ballads would be a really chilling and cool thing to see (especially if the concert goes to DVD ***hoping this happens:wub:***)...

The whole hearts thing sounds like an AMAZING idea:punk:! It will look beautiful! But did it git addresses how more ppl will git hearts, that is, was the above answered? Cause if like everyone at the concert had hearts and popped out with them during the ballads would be a really chilling and cool thing to see (especially if the concert goes to DVD ***hoping this happens:wub:***)...

Once the idea has been finalized, we can start spreading the word on youtube, facebook, here and on other forums to get as many people involved as possible!!

Re: Hearts for Michael - Making The Hearts Part 1

Right I decided today to get a jiggle on and start trying to make a heart....

I started by making the stencils to print out. I decided to do two different heart shapes and find out what one people prefer (maybe sugarbunny could add a poll for me?). The stencils are of half a heart to enable them to be bigger than A4.

Stencil 1:
heartstencil2.jpg

Stencil 2:
heartstencil3.jpg

I am aware that this one needs to be improved, but I just wanted to demonstrate shape, and it will be fixed if this shape is the fave.

I printed 2 of each stencil. Cut them out. Due to printing margins some overlapping was required. I lined the pieces up against my desk edge to ensure they were straight, then taped the two pieces of each stencil as you can see...

Stencil 1:
Photo237.jpg

Here you can see the overlapping at the points as this is before I trimmed off the excess!

Stencil 2:
Photo238.jpg

I also taped together the heart cut outs to give you guys a better idea of the finished size of the hearts. The finished stencils and heart cut outs:

Stencil 1:
Photo241.jpg

Photo240.jpg

Stencil 2:
Photo242.jpg

Photo239.jpg

In the next couple of days im going to purchase some A3 red card and put the stencils to use. I will also be looking to get glow in the dark paint to test that. I will update you guys on how I get on!

Don't forget to let me know which shape you prefer!
x

Last edited:
Part 2!!!

When and got some red card from Hobbycraft Cost me just over £2 and is enough to make 4 hearts!

Tools:

Photo251.jpg

Used the stencil I made in part one (shape one) And used a pencil to make the outline. Then cut it out and walah!

Photo250.jpg

Now to make it glow....

Back