Elvis Presley And His Relationships with Women

^Society in general saw it as questionable.
Society in general didn't question it at all until the Chandler allegations. Michael, as well as the rest of the Jacksons, were known for being involved in children's causes.

I saw a news piece on Prince Harry the other day and most of it focused on his work with kids. It showed him playing with, hugging and kissing disadvantaged kids. He's adored for it.

I don't know much about Elvis but have any of the accusations against him ever been proven? Did he admit to anything, was he tried in court, are the allegations credible or does it all amount to rumours and innuendo?

I don't know much about Elvis but have any of the accusations against him ever been proven? Did he admit to anything, was he tried in court, are the allegations credible or does it all amount to rumours and innuendo?

Priscilla spoke up. She didn't accuse him of anything, she just stated how things were according to her point of view (she didn't say it was rape, but I consider it so based on what she wrote in her autobiography). I don't think there were witnesses in their bedroom.

Priscilla spoke up. She didn't accuse him of anything, she just stated how things were according to her point of view (she didn't say it was rape, but I consider it so based on what she wrote in her autobiography). I don't think there were witnesses in their bedroom.

And what did she say exactly?

Sorry, completely forgot about your question. I don't have the book with me atm, but she said that Elvis "grabbed /.../ and forcibly made love to [her]".
that doesn't necessarily mean rape, to me. Unless she was fighting him off.
That could just mean there wasn't any foreplay etc. involved, no romance to it.

that doesn't necessarily mean rape, to me. Unless she was fighting him off.
That could just mean there wasn't any foreplay etc. involved, no romance to it.

You don't need to fight someone else off. What if someone tries to have sex with someone who's half asleep or drunk? I'm not sure if she objected or not, but there are reasons why people act totally passively - they may be afraid, unconscious or whatever else.

You don't need to fight someone else off. What if someone tries to have sex with someone who's half asleep or drunk? I'm not sure if she objected or not, but there are reasons why people act totally passively - they may be afraid, unconscious or whatever else.
I'm aware of that-unfortunately, as someone who went through this in the early 80's (LONG before there was such a term as 'date rape') I can say that I didn't fight or scream-and I was totally freaked out and terrified. I couldn't even speak.

It's the way it's worded that I guess this could mean different things to different people. I wouldn't have used the words "forcibly making love" in my case. There was no "making love" whatsoever.

its not really ever talked about because its elvis.. when he doea it its not being a preditor...

Lisa Marie Presley Has A New Reason To Worry About Elvis And Priscilla Presley’s Secrets — Will Public Opinion Of The Late King Of Rock ‘N Roll Change?

Despite his undoubted popularity, Elvis Presley has been a controversial figure throughout his life in various ways. With Baz Luhrmann’s movie about him set to come out, his daughter is worried.

And even after his death, his reputation continues to be a dividing factor among people who have heard of him.

While he still has a large cult following, many people have been voicing their criticism of Elvis in recent years for various reasons, and it looks like this trend is not going to die down anytime soon — especially in the wake of the #MeToo movement that has affected public discourse in the recent years.

If anything, people might easily latch on to a new punching bag if they see the opportunity.

Lisa Marie Presley has recently expressed concerns on that topic, noting that certain parts of the life of Elvis can be seen as highly controversial in today’s society, and she was worried about how people might see him so many years after the fact.

A new film that goes through the life of the iconic musician seems to be paying particular attention to the early stages of his relationship with ex-wife Priscilla Presley when she was still underage.

While this was less of a problem back then, it has become a much more sensitive subject today, and many seem to share the worries of Lisa Marie in this context.

Via Radar Online, a source told A.J. Benja’s Fame, about Luhrmann’s movie: “With today’s climate, Lisa Marie is concerned Luhrmann will exploit that relationship, and there’ll be a huge backlash against her dad.”

The source claimed that Priscilla had been very opened with Luhrmann regarding her romance with Elvis.

However, for some unknown reason, Priscilla has not shared the details with Lisa Marie, who will have to wait for the film to come out to find out what secrets her mother revealed to the world.

There are already signs of people voicing their disapproval of the late King of Rock ‘n Roll as a cultural icon on the Internet.

While they are still relatively a small niche and limited, fans might start seeing even more of those opinions shortly if the film takes off.

https://celebrityinsider.org/lisa-m...f-the-late-king-of-rock-n-roll-change-341436/

Back