Which Demo Do You Wish Michael Finished?

Beautiful Girl.

Also re: Gloucestershire man do I hate that song. He absolutely slaughters the pronunciation of the word. It's not necessarily an amazing place either. For anyone in the UK it would've been slaughtered. It's such an odd song.

We've Had Enough (more than a "demo", but unfinished anyway)
In The Back
and
Ghost Of Another Lover

Last edited:
Still would love to hear People of the World full song by MJ.

Also re: Gloucestershire man do I hate that song. He absolutely slaughters the pronunciation of the word. It's not necessarily an amazing place either. For anyone in the UK it would've been slaughtered. It's such an odd song.

Brad Buxer said something along the lines of everyone, inluding MJ, being fully aware of the mispronunciation, but leaving it nonetheless.
Also, the song is not about Michael's happy days, it's supposed to be about Brad Buxer and being super personal. It's like a homage to something important that was happening in Brad's life at that moment. He didn't want to elaborate more on the subject, just how humble and honoured he was when he heard the demo.
The song itself, I don't know. I like it a lot, but wouldn't count it among the truly greats.
Now, I'm a Loser on the other hand...THAT could have been a true masterpiece imho.

edit
Also Shout :rockingstickman:

Brad Buxer said something along the lines of everyone, inluding MJ, being fully aware of the mispronunciation, but leaving it nonetheless.
Also, the song is not about Michael's happy days, it's supposed to be about Brad Buxer and being super personal. It's like a homage to something important that was happening in Brad's life at that moment. He didn't want to elaborate more on the subject, just how humble and honoured he was when he heard the demo.
The song itself, I don't know. I like it a lot, but wouldn't count it among the truly greats.
Now, I'm a Loser on the other hand...THAT could have been a true masterpiece imho.

edit
Also Shout :rockingstickman:

Yeah, it's still just weird and something I don't really enjoy.

Shout was finished and released on the 'Cry' single

Shout was finished and released on the 'Cry' single

I didn't know that, thank you.
Sounds unreleased though because of the muffled vocals. Really a shame, it should get another mixing treatment, his rapping is great.

I was debating whether to say Don't Be Messin' Round too, I love that demo, I really grew on me, the funky bassline, the groove and that verse that starts
"Now she started finger popping to the beat" is so cool. I really hope there is a more lyrically complete version in the Dangerous and HIStory era because this song has just got something about it

According to MJs then attorney, Peter Lopez, DBMR was considered for inclusion on T25. So I guess a completed version does exist.

So nobody here is gonna agree that "free" & im so blue aren't damn near perfect the way they are? But definitely wish he finished those two!

Re: Which demo do you wish Michael finished?

I wish Michael finished In the Back because it has a great bassline.

So nobody here is gonna agree that "free" & im so blue aren't damn near perfect the way they are? But definitely wish he finished those two!

I'm so blue ist perfect as it is. Some of his so called demos don't need further production imho - for instance I prefer demo to TGIM over the album cut.

I wish MJ had finished and released Behind the Mask on T25.

SmoothCriminal1995;4218976 said:
A finished version of this song would have worked on HIStory instead of Come Together, just slot in straight after Money.
Or possibly as a 6th song on Blood On The Dance Floor, as it is a song that offers a look into a darker edge of Michael's art.

As far as I know, the new songs on the ‘Blood On The Dance Floor’ album had to stay five.

But it would be very interesting to know the real reason why ‘Superfly Sister’ eventually replaced ‘In The Back’ on that album.

It appears that the inclusion of ‘In The Back’ would have been lyrically too much next to the already very dark-themed four other new songs on the album, so they finally chose ‘Superfly Sister’ instead of it.

As for the ‘HIStory’ album, ‘In The Back’ could not replace ‘Come Together’ because Michael Jackson wanted ‘Come Together’ mainly for symbolic reasons in the second disc of that album.

The birth in 1995 of the Sony/ATV Music Publishing company was the main reason why ‘Come Together’ was included on the second disc of the ‘HIStory’ album, and especially why ‘Come Together’ is placed in the middle of the track list of the songs on the second disc, denoting that particular business joint venture owned half by Sony and half by Michael Jackson that took place at that time.

mj_frenzy;4277679 said:
But it would be very interesting to know the real reason why ‘Superfly Sister’ eventually replaced ‘In The Back’ on that album.

Probably because ‘In The Back’ still had mostly unfinished lyrics, whereas ‘Superfly Sister’ was probably more finished lyrically and musically.

One unfinished song from Off The Wall era to Invincible era that I wish Michael finished and included on the album.

Off The Wall - Sunset Driver. This should have been on Off The Wall instead of Girlfriend.

Thriller - Behind The Mask. It's a travesty that Michael never finished this gem. It could have easily be on the Thriller album to make it a 10 track album.

Bad - Don't Be Messing Round. This song is so funky. I wish Michael & Stevie collaborated on this song instead of Just Good Friends.

Dangerous - Slave to the Rhythm. This is one of my favourites posthumous MJ songs, Michael's vocal delivery is phenomenal. I wish it was included on Dangerous instead of She Drives Me Wild.

History - In The Back. It's a crime against humanity that Michael never finished this gem. It fits the History album perfectly.

Invincible - We've Had Enough. Should have been on Vince instead of Cry.

YES!!!!!!!!!

I've listened to that same track with Michael's vocals on it. Could compare it a bit to Eaten Alive in a way.

The original version of Hollywood Tonight and Beautiful Girl.

People of the World - great melody, could have great lyrics.

Yep I'm with you on this. The melody is so timeless, you can really feel the world vibe through it.
The lyrics that are there are pure and full of promise as well. You can feel the humanity in them

"Life should be harmony, In this world of self destruction, Nations lift your voices and sing"

I think that's brilliant, that feeling of hope it gives you is so warm. It's a sentiment we need now more than ever

Totally agree with you guys.
'People Of The World' is one of the demos that I wish he would have finished. Of course there are others too but this was the first one that came to mind.
I'm actually pretty shocked that Michael didn't work on this track as much as he did on some others.
I've always wondered why he didn't list in on the infamous 'to-do list' that was found in his bedroom.
Maybe it didn't move him enough.
Anyway, I think it would have been a superb track if finished lyrically and musically.

I'm actually pretty shocked that Michael didn't work on this track as much as he did on some others.
I've always wondered why he didn't list in on the infamous 'to-do list' that was found in his bedroom.
Maybe it didn't move him enough.
Anyway, I think it would have been a superb track if finished lyrically and musically.

Well he gave it away, didn't he?

Back