Vinyl releases

z21

Proud Member
Do you know why Our beloved Estate is not releasing any 7" vinyls since 2011? Or any non album vinyls? Other artists like Elvis, Bowie, Prince have many stuff like that. What's wrong with MJ on vinyl?

Do you know why Our beloved Estate is not releasing any 7" vinyls since 2011? Or any non album vinyls? Other artists like Elvis, Bowie, Prince have many stuff like that. What's wrong with MJ on vinyl?
Because they just released the diamond Collection. U might have to go to ebay for 7"

Because they just released the diamond Collection. U might have to go to ebay for 7"
What 7? I missed something? What 7 They released since behind the mask/Hollywood tonight? Diamond collection its Just rereleased studio albums.

What 7? I missed something? What 7 They released since behind the mask/Hollywood tonight? Diamond collection its Just rereleased studio albums.

I think he is talking about the IJCSLY 7" released at the beginning of the BAD 25 promotion.

oh yeah, I forget about this one. So last one was in 2012. 7 years ago :-(

z21;4262766 said:
oh yeah, I forget about this one. So last one was in 2012. 7 years ago :-(

I have several vinyl releases since Michael passed. They are collectors items. I don’t play them. Having vinyl releases are the last thing on my Wish List. I want the Invincible album to get a reboot with some new cuts added. Invincible is Michael’s most underrated album. It was also his sexiest and mature album. Sony #$&@*$ the promotion and people, including some fans, fell for the contrived crap from the critics. That album needs to be re-released and promoted. The sound is still fresh and would fit right in with today’s sounds. Invincible was the album that reconnected Michael with his core R&B audience and radio.

Fans need to campaign for a revival of this wonderful album. You would be surprised at how many people are NOT aware of this album.

Invincible is indeed an good album. it's sad it wasn't promoted more. i know they promote YRMW alot! they played so much when it first came out. it definitely need to be re-release.

Invincible still sounds fresh. but so do Michael other albums. :) i guess it's depends on what you are feeling at that moment. :)

I mean collectable stuff. Limited singles with well known songs but with alternate takes, difrent mixes, instrumentals, acapellas etc. Many other artist have many stuff like that released posthumoustly but Mike dont.
The only vinyl things Estate is doing is rereleasing LPs. It would be really cool have some collectable stuff like that released and this could by a nice way while we are waiting for years for fully unheard tracks or unseen concerts.

Not everyone had a record player, so if rare stuff is going to be released it's going to be on other formats also, not just vinyl.

somewhereinthedark;4262781 said:
Sony #$&@*$ the promotion and people, including some fans, fell for the contrived crap from the critics.

What exactly did critics say about ‘Invincible’ that was not true?

z21;4262832 said:
I mean collectable stuff. Limited singles with well known songs but with alternate takes, difrent mixes, instrumentals, acapellas etc. Many other artist have many stuff like that released posthumoustly but Mike dont.
The only vinyl things Estate is doing is rereleasing LPs. It would be really cool have some collectable stuff like that released and this could by a nice way while we are waiting for years for fully unheard tracks or unseen concerts.

That is because such collectable stuff from other artists is released through their respective collectors labels.

MJ Estate is not likely to release such collectable stuff, because such stuff normally gets an official release through a collectors label.

A collectors label, which is created under a big record company such as Sony, aims to satisfy demand coming from a subgroup of the artist’s (or the band’s) fans, like the hard-core fans who are willing to buy such collectable/rare items (including also vinyl forms).

Keep in mind that such collectable stuff (released by a collectors label) has also a higher retail price because of its smaller demand.

Back