Hugh Laurie interviews Michael Jackson- A Bit of Fry and Laurie- BBC Comedy

Re: Hugh Laurie interviews Michael Jackson

Haha! Love it!

this is a PURE CLASSIC!!!

i love it

I've seen this before and love it. I think Hugh Laurie is just awesome, and so is Stephen Fry. I've seen far worse humor when it comes to MJ, and I think these guys were just being silly and non-offensive really. This whole clip is actually quite funny when you think how Stephen Fry could not possibly compare to Michael Jackson, which is the whole point. I love it! :heart:

I loved it, but you can almost guarantee someone will come into this thread and have a cry about it being offensive. LOL

why do everybody think this is funny ? i find it offensive personally. maybe theres sth wrong with me :unsure:

why do everybody think this is funny ? i find it offensive personally. maybe theres sth wrong with me :unsure:

I don't think it's so hilarious either.

Love a bit of fry and laurie. got all the DVD's. I so dearly wished Hugh laurie will go back to doing British Humour again, i mean his contributions to blackadder were incredible as well....

I find it to be a satirical attack at the media. If it's offensive to anyone, I would say it's offensive to the media.

I have to admit some bits are funny though. The treadmill & dancing...HAHAHA
And that everybody is going to copy his look :lol:

Love a bit of fry and laurie. got all the DVD's. I so dearly wished Hugh laurie will go back to doing British Humour again, i mean his contributions to blackadder were incredible as well....

Same! I LOVE House and all but I hope he comes back again one day! He's awesome. :D

Hugh and Stephen are two HIGHLY intelligent men who are amazing at satire and are comedic geniuses. When I first saw this I couldn't stop laughing. It's great.

I was always a fan of Hugh's way before he became Dr. House (though I will say season 5 was kind of "blah" as compared to previous seasons, though Hugh's acting as always was top notch) and his comedic talents is a major reason why I adore this man so much. Also a big fan of Stephen's, so charming and funny. These two guys have been best mates for years and Stephen is actually the God Father to Hugh's kids.

They always had a way of commenting on things going on socially and in pop culture that no matter what you just couldn't help but laugh.

OH! Anyone remember "Mr. Burmie"? LOL Sorry O/T but that's my favourite ABOF&L skit.

To anyone "offended" rewatch it and see what they're "saying" with the comedy. And don't take it so seriously either, these two guys don't take themselves seriously so that should say something. LOL.

hey..pls don't take it personally if someone doesn't agree with u and doesn't find it funny. we all have opinions..it doesn't make us without humour. it just makes us people who disagree. a genius to one person isn't necessarily a genius to another..

hey..pls don't take it personally if someone doesn't agree with u and doesn't find it funny. we all have opinions..it doesn't make us without humour. it just makes us people who disagree. a genius to one person isn't necessarily a genius to another..

please remember that when someone does not think mikey is the best

please remember that when someone does not think mikey is the best

lol..considering MJ's success...if someone says that, it means nothing to me.

is there anything that the whole world agrees on?

I wasn't taking anything personally, I was just expressing my thoughts on the matter. LOL. If you don't think it's funny, you don't think it's funny. I love satire and so Hugh and Stephen to me are HILARIOUS because that's what they're so good at, but I know some people don't like that kind of humour. To each his or her own. No biggie.

Cheers!

I love this! Light hearted, and it's obvious that they admire his talent, since they PURPOSELY make the person playing "Michael" look SO talentless and stupid.
When they put him on that threadmill it's like saying "yea we know we're nothing in terms of music and dance compaired to this guy.. let's make fun of ourselfs!!"

This is humor. They make fun of the media and make themselves look like clowns. Michael Jackson is simply a character that they use for these two things.

Notice how they also say "it's a great honor" when they welcome him!
It's really clearly NOT an attack. (on Michael).

Theres some people who find this offensive.. And I totally respect that! I respect it very much if MJ finds it disrespectfull, because it's his person that are being used in this skit.

All I can say is if you find this offensive (nobody in particual)
Then make sure you don't watch any of Weird Als parodies!
That was the best MJ parody ever!

Weird Al's parodies are actually funny and are more like creative homages to the original songs rather than mockery.

Back