Breaking News - The Great Debate (Cascio Controversy Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJJC News

Guests
This thread is created purely for those who wish to discuss the authenticity of the song "Breaking News"

The will be no talk of those who believe this is Michael and support this song.

Lets dissect analyse and make our feelings and concerns known - In a respectful manner of course,

If you do not agree with those wish to discuss in this manner then please do not come here to read and respond.

Re: Breaking News - The Great Debate

Just some points about this song...

1. When it first streamed, the majority of the forum said it was not him.

2. The first preview of BN (a couple days before it streamed) did not feature any vocals, I wonder why?

3. Why randomly stream a Cascio song, that wasn't intended to be a single, a month before the release?

4. The lyrics don't sound like something he would sing in my opinion..I can't imagine him saying "Cause I'm Michael Jackson, Cause I'm Michael Jackson" over and over..

^^ Completely agree...that song sounds so overly processed, mixed, produced, cut and pasted...I'm sorry...but I feel it's a complete mess...

Just some points about this song...

1. When it first streamed, the majority of the thread said it was not him.

2. The first preview of BN (a couple days before it streamed) did not feature any vocals, I wonder why?

3. Why randomly stream a Cascio song, that wasn't intended to be a single, a month before the release?

4. The lyrics don't sound like something he would sing in my opinion..I can't imagine him saying "Cause I'm Michael Jackson, Cause I'm Michael Jackson" over and over..
1. Yeah, I remember reading both threads on MaxJax and MJJC. 90% said "wtf is this??".

2. Man, I can remember those days. I played that snippet over 150 times. And that morning, when I woke up early just to catch the full song, I was shocked and pissed. Not only that the day, but rest of the month.

3. No idea. This is why I thought publicity stunt, but then I later saw the tracklist.

4. Agree. Lyrics are crap, just like the other Cascio tracks.

I didn't care at all about what The Jackson family said about the vocals. I just ignored it - but it looks like they were right.

It's also written in the third person which I don't think Michael has done before. Not to mention the line "wouldn't leave him alone" and "write my obituary" very odd indeed...

It's very weak, doens't sound like Michael and is my least favourite track on the album. It's also too predictable as MJ has covered this stuff before with Leave Me Alone, Tabloid Junkie and Privacy.

When I first heard it, my heart sank. I still can't, however much I want to, hear him in it. And neither can any of my friends (non-MJ fans)

Well, Jason Malachis own producer says it's Jason without a doubt so that's the final nail in the coffin for me.

How anyone can think it sounds like MJ I'll never know.

I agree about the song, it's actually VERY below Mike's standards.....it's VERY poppy....Mike was always able to turn a pop song into something incredible..unique, and different...Not on this song....

How anyone can think it sounds like MJ I'll never know.
This.

I mean, if the "believers" say it's 100% Michael and "non-believers" say it's 100% not Michael, surely, our "hearing" must be different?

Michael isn't the one saying "Jackson", it's a backing vocalist. But yes, the song is average and my least favorite on the album.

after recovering from the emotional stress after hearing BN some weeks ago LOL (you can read the rundown of what happened in that time here http://marieteris.wordpress.com/2010/11/13/the-real-deal/ !!) I am starting to enjoy the song, especially when the song ends!! lol, just kidding, but I'm starting like it, and again, it is a cool beat, yes the vocals, not great, but song, cool.

This is for Pentum...

(Tony Kurtis acapella)

(The original acapella that leaked only days after the song was initially streamed)

Start from 1:54 in the second video, the pitch in the two videos aren't the same.

The thing is that when I first heard 'Breaking News' I thought someone was playing a joke. I went on michaeljackon.com for the streaming and honestly though it must be a joke. I tried but couldnt hear Michael at all. Although the song has a good beat and is catchy I barely listen to it. This is the song where I can least hear him. However, Im being openminded, I cant hear him they way Im used to but that doest mean it is not him. This is the ONLY song on the track that I am a bit doubtful about.

I know, Annie. I told you that Tony didn't actually know his a cappella was pitched down (at least, according to him) and asked for the original version.

BUT, it still sounds the same to me.

I know, Annie. I told you that Tony didn't actually know his a cappella was pitched down (at least, according to him) and asked for the original version.

BUT, it still sounds the same to me.

do you think those two songs sounds the same as Annie posted? Is that what you mean? Tell me what you mean, or are the last song only MJ (which my ears though hear very well LOL) I'm trying to understand your point.

(PS: I haven't been in many BN threads before!)

The album Michael is 100% Michael Jackson.

I think fans are developing a unhealthy obsession with Jason Malachis. Do you listen to all the guys songs or something?

Sony is not gonna hire some low budget underground youtube artist that only MJ fans know about. No other artist fans can care less about this dude.

I think fans are developing a unhealthy obsession with Jason Malachis.

:hysterical: i'm sorry...I have to laugh at this...with all due respect, comments like this truly lead me to believe that some people don't understand the 'doubters' whatsoever.....It's like, you're not even trying to understand us...

after recovering from the emotional stress after hearing BN some weeks ago LOL (you can read the rundown of what happened in that time here http://marieteris.wordpress.com/2010/11/13/the-real-deal/ !!) I am starting to enjoy the song, especially when the song ends!! lol, just kidding, but I'm starting like it, and again, it is a cool beat, yes the vocals, not great, but song, cool.

:lol: wow

L.o.v.e
Romi

I noticed that alot of fans changed their opinion after the statement from the estate was released.

do you think those two songs sounds the same as Annie posted? Is that what you mean? Tell me what you mean, or are the last song only MJ (which my ears though hear very well LOL) I'm trying to understand your point.

(PS: I haven't been in many BN threads before!)
Hm? My point was that both Breaking News a cappellas sounds almost the same to me. Doesn't matter if they are pitched a bit down or up.

The album Michael is 100% Michael Jackson.

I think fans are developing a unhealthy obsession with Jason Malachis. Do you listen to all the guys songs or something?

Sony is not gonna hire some low budget underground youtube artist that only MJ fans know about. No other artist fans can care less about this dude.
The first time I heard Breaking News, I INSTANTLY knew it was Jason. That means I am obsessed with him? No, I just know his voice since I like some of his music.

I am only obsessed with Michael Jackson.

:hysterical: i'm sorry...I have to laugh at this...with all due respect, comments like this truly lead me to believe that some people don't understand the 'doubters' whatsoever.....It's like, you're not even trying to understand us...

Jason Malachis is a low budget youtube artist that is no different from you or i posting on youtube. The guy is only popular to MJ fans and thats it. I seriously doubt the Cascio's or Sony even knew of this guy before fans kept bringing up his name.

Sony is not gonna hire some underground artist from youtube to sing the tracks.

They would actually be better off letting someone more popular sing as a guest appearance along with MJ. More money. Breaking News featuring Usher.

Not Breaking News featuring the dude from youtube...lol

Jason Malachis is a low budget youtube artist that is no different from you or i posting on youtube. The guy is only popular to MJ fans and thats it. I seriously doubt the Cascio's or Sony even knew of this guy before fans kept bringing up his name.

how does your response have anything to do with my post?

once again, you truly don't seem to understand those who doubt those songs

Sony is not gonna hire some underground artist from youtube to sing the tracks.

They would actually be better off letting someone more popular sing as a guest appearance along with MJ. More money. Breaking News featuring Usher.

Not Breaking News featuring the dude from youtube...lol
You know he got 2 albums, right? And would it really matter who Sony would hire? The point is to find the one that sounds the closest to Michael.

Having two albums doesn't make you a mainstream pop artist. Anywho, the argument of him being unknown or not is sort of irrelevant, IMO. If Sony were to do such a thing, they'd most likely look for someone that not many people are aware of, so him being an underground artist would actually benefit that belief of another voice.

The falsetto on "keep your head up"

Jason can't sing falsetto like that.

He only sounds kinda similair when he sings in a low tone.

^^ this thread is about BN

The falsetto on "keep your head up"

Jason can't sing falsetto like that.

He only sounds kinda similair when he sings in a low tone.
Yes, he can. He does it a lot of times in many of his songs.

Had a feeling you knew all of his songs.

Only MJ fans know this guy. Usher, Justin Timberlake fans can care less about him.

MJ's own fans ruined the album. You do know MJ on the Billboard charts as a brand new album will come to a end very shortly. So you should enjoy new releases while you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back