Best of Joy - Official Discussion Thread

By far my absolute favorite on the album and one that I will hold close to my heart for the rest of my life.

This is my absolute favorite one also. It is just has such a beautiful message, sound, and feel to it. It goes back to being a true love song, which we don't get that many of nowadays (without some whack lyrics thrown in). This is just about the pure emotion.

Funny, to me, how the music critics first scorned this song for it's repetitive chorus and for it "sounding like a song from a movie soundtrack", and it's the first song I fell in love with from the album. MTS and BTM being close seconds.

I love the message. I see different variations in what the message is too. It could be about a companion/lover in their life. It also reminds me about a parent/child relationship. But I especially love to think of it as a Michael/fan relationship. I really get this feeling he could have wrote it thinking either about his children or his fans.

I love his voice! It's so smooth and flowing in this song! Much like MTS, but just....different, I dunno. His inflections, his fills. And this is a song that his voice is the main instrument on too. There's a hard drum rhythm, but the other instruments are faded a little bit to bring his voice out more, and I LOVE that! His voice is layered in the chorus as well, so that's just another bonus for me! It's all I need to hear.

I listened to 'Michael' in my office after purchasing it at a nearby shopping mall. I blasted it moderately through my speakers. My boss and the rest of colleagues don't mind as they know that music helps me to focus 500% on my job.

So one by one songs from 'Michael' popped out through my speakers. My hands and my brain were busy focusing on my work. Then Best of Joy appeared. That crystal clear voice, the melody and the lyrics. I froze. I had to replay the song again to make sure that I wasn't hallucinating. "I know Michael Jackson is an amazing composer but this is totally grandeur..." I said to myself.

So I replayed. And teary eyes and smile appeared on my face.

Thanks Mike.

Best of Joy reminds me of spring, rain drops, walking, running and riding bike with your lover in a flowery garden or a forest.

This going to be my wedding song with my boyfriend in the future.

Sony needs to release this song as a single. This kind of music is rare in the mainstream music industry nowadays.

Again thanks Mike for sharing your talent with all of us.

Such a nice description, kinda similar to what i'm hearin' - meadows, mornin' dew, butterflies flyin', summer winds, picnics in two and one tree hills :D

Indeed, THANK YOU MICHAEL.

I love this song, his voice, his happiness, the lirics, the message, the music, the man.
Simply one of the best songs of this album, by far. It's totally happy, wich in turns breaks my heart for he is not longer here with us to share this wonderful treasure.

As Jmie said, you can hear him smiling, singing happily and carefree. Being just Michael Jackson, the man we love so much.

What a wonderful man.

Isn't it great and so very comforting to hear him being so surreally happy? Did i just make up another word? lol Confunked is another people have special attachment 2 :giggle:

I juusst looove the ease with which he sings. So effortlessly - the song is filled with light, in both senses of the word, absence both of darkness and weight. It flows naturally. It's really authentic, nothing forced or contrived about it. As it should be...

I have thought the same thing. I don't know what inspired him to write the song. I feel like he is talking to us and it doesn't make me sad for once since passed away.

In the big scheme of things that's irrelevant. What matters is that he was inspired and happy, all else doesn't count.

Nice to hear many of you intend to use it for your weddings. God bless you everyone :)

It's utter joy! It truly is the best of joy! How splendid! It makes one fall in love with the world! :wub:

Michael's voice is HEAVENLY. It just came straight from his soul and spoke truth. It's also a song I will treasure very much and if I get married, I too, would love to use that song.

I pray some day everyone on planet Earth is allowed to hear the song "Best of Joy" and receive its Blessing.
"We are forever...."
Engel_Smilie_51.gif

Last edited:
Funny, to me, how the music critics first scorned this song for it's repetitive chorus and for it "sounding like a song from a movie soundtrack", and it's the first song I fell in love with from the album. MTS and BTM being close seconds.

I love the message. I see different variations in what the message is too. It could be about a companion/lover in their life. It also reminds me about a parent/child relationship. But I especially love to think of it as a Michael/fan relationship. I really get this feeling he could have wrote it thinking either about his children or his fans.

I love his voice! It's so smooth and flowing in this song! Much like MTS, but just....different, I dunno. His inflections, his fills. And this is a song that his voice is the main instrument on too. There's a hard drum rhythm, but the other instruments are faded a little bit to bring his voice out more, and I LOVE that! His voice is layered in the chorus as well, so that's just another bonus for me! It's all I need to hear.

EXACTLY. i love to think its written for the fans or his children.
i find it so comforting. like he's speaking directly to us.
like he's saying that no matter how hard it is " we are forever" and nothing can change that
its like he almost knew
i cant think of any other reason to say "i am forever" to someone except to tell us that he will live in our hearts forever

this song brings me to tears. it just soooo beautiful!! it really feels like he is singing the song to all of us and it really touches me personaly. i love it.

hello,

sorry if asked before

but why the Best Of Joy note are not included in the booklet ?

please if anyone have the 5 notes in good quality files please pm...

I find this song really hard to listen to...not because it's particularly sad or anything, but it's so beautiful. I feel like it's a message to us, the fans. It's very emotional for me. Hopefully one day I'll be able to enjoy it like I should be able to. :)

I love the vocals and the rich beyond rich bg vocals.... I really wish they would release an acapella to this song... I would love to hear the BG vocals w/o any instrumentals. I love FG vocals too and the conclusion of the song is one of my fave parts.. This song too is one of my faves and my sister loves this song like more than all the rest!

I love the way the song can be interpreted on so many levels/meanings. Currently, I'm enjoying hearing it as Michael singing to music--music was always with him, throughout all his trials. Music is a gift. Michael's certainly is.

Why is the song called Best of Joy?

Why not some words or a line that is in the song.

I am Forever maybe?

Why Best of Joy?

Why is the song called Best of Joy?

Why not some words or a line that is in the song.

I am Forever maybe?

Why Best of Joy?

He does say it....'I am your joy....Your Best of Joy...' :D

Earth Song doesn't actually use the lyrics 'Earth Song' for example....Same with Tabloid Junkie....

He does say it....'I am your joy....Your Best of Joy...' :D

Earth Song doesn't actually use the lyrics 'Earth Song' for example....Same with Tabloid Junkie....

And Superfly Sista, too.

You are very right.

He does sing it. :lol: My bad.

Love the song

I love the song. It's a bliss. Just like most other Michael Jackson songs, this song grows on me. It gets better with each listen. It's magical.

Love the song title; for Michael is truely my best of joy.

Back