Why Are There No Rumors Of New Projects?

I don't care much about anything prior to Thriller. Hardly his greatest work.

I guess we will hear something tomorrow...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the Estate:

We don’t want to give away too much, but make sure to check out MichaelJackson.com or Facebook.com/MichaelJackson tomorrow after 9 a.m. ET for some exciting news about Michael’s continuing legacy.

MJOnline
The Official Online Team of The Michael Jackson Estate™

Hmm-hmm, what could that be? :D

*looks at signature* I'm in the wrong era. The best is yet to come, the.future.i.am.

There was speculation about the Dangerous World Tour in Mexico as DVD for next year celebrating the 25th anniversary of Dangerous disk that hope is realized .

There was speculation about the Dangerous World Tour in Mexico as DVD for next year celebrating the 25th anniversary of Dangerous disk that hope is realized .

We've been through this a million times, but many fans are strongly against this release. Because during this time Michael was dealing with the false child molestation allegations, and he was emotionally not in the right state of mind here.

And after seeing the leaked rehearsals of The Way You Make Me Feel from 1993, I'm even more against a Dangerous Tour 1993 release.

I'm actually glad nothing has come out this year. Hopefully the next project is potentially Dangerous 25. It'll be a nice change to see the Estate and Sony take a year or more to prepare the project instead of rush it.

Here's hoping Dangerous 25 is next up. :)

I totally agree. I just hope Dangerous 25 will be great!

We've been through this a million times, but many fans are strongly against this release. Because during this time Michael was dealing with the false child molestation allegations, and he was emotionally not in the right state of mind here.

And after seeing the leaked rehearsals of The Way You Make Me Feel from 1993, I'm even more against a Dangerous Tour 1993 release.

This. I enjoy Buenos Aires, but that's unofficial. To release it officially is a complete different thing.

I can safely say I won't watch those 93 rehearsals again.

No new project this year..

We're pretty much half way through the year and there has been literally no news whatsoever regarding a new project this year..is it safe to say we won't be getting anything?

Sent from my SM-G318ML using Tapatalk

Certainly looks that way, it's been 2 years since Xscape which really only gave us two tracks that we had not heard, the rest we had (or could easily be) heard. The 10 project contract with Sony finishes in 2017 from memory and from last count we are at about 8.

We're pretty much half way through the year and there has been literally no news whatsoever regarding a new project this year..is it safe to say we won't be getting anything?

Sent from my SM-G318ML using Tapatalk

Certainly looks that way, it's been 2 years since Xscape which really only gave us two tracks that we had not heard, the rest we had (or could easily be) heard. The 10 project contract with Sony finishes in 2017 from memory and from last count we are at about 8.

Nope.

Michael and VISION were only announced roughly a month and a bit before their release at the end of 2010. Similar time frame for the Immortal CD. It was only around this time in 2012 that Bad 25 was announced (quite early announcement actually). Xscape was announced at the beginning of April and released in May. Off the Wall Doco was officially announced in early January, released late February.

I wouldn't be worried at all. In all of the posthumous releases from 2010 onwards, only once has the Estate announced anything longer than 2 months before the project's release.

... Off The Wall was just released?

The last thing we need this Estate to do is rush anything else

I hope we hear something soon. The Estate still has some lawsuit going on still.

Don't know about you guys, but I need a new MJ project to look forward to!! Either D25 or new music please estate

Dangerous25 would be my guess....but they'll probably screw it up just like OTW

Dangerous25 would be my guess....but they'll probably screw it up just like OTW

OTW sets a pretty high bar in relation to screw ups, you know the whole no unheard material and the chalk. Can the estate produce a project that's worse??

Michael and VISION were only announced roughly a month and a bit before their release at the end of 2010. Similar time frame for the Immortal CD. It was only around this time in 2012 that Bad 25 was announced (quite early announcement actually). Xscape was announced at the beginning of April and released in May. Off the Wall Doco was officially announced in early January, released late February.

I wouldn't be worried at all. In all of the posthumous releases from 2010 onwards, only once has the Estate announced anything longer than 2 months before the project's release.

This gives me hope that Dangerous 25 might be celebrated.. Oh gosh, I really hope that they are going to do something big and aren't going to screw it up. I know, anniversary albums don't do good as regular albums, but I just hope that they won't let this anniversary go unnoticed. Dangerous is the most loved album by the fans.

OTW sets a pretty high bar in relation to screw ups, you know the whole no unheard material and the chalk. Can the estate produce a project that's worse??
That OTW doc was pretty darn special in my book. That made it all worth it.

This gives me hope that Dangerous 25 might be celebrated.. Oh gosh, I really hope that they are going to do something big and aren't going to screw it up. I know, anniversary albums don't do good as regular albums, but I just hope that they won't let this anniversary go unnoticed. Dangerous is the most loved album by the fans.

I'd say most loved album by fans under 40.

Can the estate produce a project that's worse??

Michael-Album-Cover-adp.jpg

Once what is set with this contract Is over another one will be made... There would be no reason to stop MJ releases, simple! It's revenue for them...

If they release D25, it needs to be great. They don't have any rights problems with any producer for that album. It's their last chance project IMO.
Remember that, the OTW reissue was s*** because there's a lawsuit with Quincy Jones and the Estate about copyrights.. (also due to both John's laziness), so they had nearly nothing available.

mnwlkr;4150016 said:
Can the estate produce a project that's worse??

I think you need a refresher

"Why is it strange that I would fall in love?
Who is that boogieman you’re thinking of?
How am I crazy cause I just don’t know
This is breaking news
This is breaking news"

Rings any bells ? :D

Back